Oct 2016 baby

Hi , Friends ,
I think I might be pregnant. Test positive at home on 16-Jan-2016 ..... what should I do next ?
I want to confirm the result and would like to check there is no ectopic situation , since this is the first time ... a little bit worried.
Please give advise

Thanks & appreciated

Hi ladies,you used the home pregnancy test kit? It seems early to test positive for oct babies now. Im wondering how to test...

Thanks  do you any gynae to suggest ? by the way, i am staying at CCK area.

If you want maybe can try Dr. John tee@kkh.
He quite popular.

Hi Ladies, I've used guardian house brand pregnancy kit and was tested positive twice. as im not sure how accurate is the kit, i went to the GP on the next day (Monday 18 Jan 16) and Gp says its lightly positive. she say there a very faded line and its can be considered assume pregnancy but need to go back in a week time to reconfirm. should i go straight to a gynae 1 week later instead?

Hi , Friends ,
I think I might be pregnant. Test positive at home on 16-Jan-2016 ..... what should I do next ?
I want to confirm the result and would like to check there is no ectopic situation , since this is the first time ... a little bit worried.
Please give advise

Thanks & appreciated
Hi Alrale

Don't worry about it. If it's ectopic, you will experience pain and bleeding. Doc can't see anything this early, wait till you are at least 5 weeks to see the sac. To see heartbeat, that should be 6 or 7 weeks onwards, depending on individual.

Hi all,

I just tested positive last night. Not sure when my edd is as I've forgotten when we did the deed.. :p

Looks like it could be an Oct baby! This will be my third, so having mixed feelings...

kim_turtle, John Tee was the gynae for my #2..
Congrats love_asa
I have mixed feeling too. Constantly feeling hungry, swollen breast. i have only missed my menses this month. supposedly should be 14th Jan 16.
anyone of you having these symptoms at this early stage?

Last edited:
btw is there any Gynae to recommend? im staying in the east and looking for gynae in either Mount E (novena) or Mount A.
thanks in advance

Hi Alrale

Don't worry about it. If it's ectopic, you will experience pain and bleeding. Doc can't see anything this early, wait till you are at least 5 weeks to see the sac. To see heartbeat, that should be 6 or 7 weeks onwards, depending on individual.

Hi Llie , thanks.
I feel so far so good and there is no much symptom, so feel a bit not real. Anaway , i have booked appoontment with Gynae in next week for the consultation , looking forward

btw is there any Gynae to recommend? im staying in the east and looking for gynae in either Mount E (novena) or Mount A.
thanks in advance

I've seen Dr HK Ho in Mount A before. Very popular Doctor, very very experienced. But I've decided to try another doctor instead cos I find him a bit over his head due to his experience and popularity. My colleague had Dr Chua Yang at Mount A, she was full of praises for her.

Thanks  do you any gynae to suggest ? by the way, i am staying at CCK area.

If you want maybe can try Dr. John tee@kkh.
He quite popular.

Dear Kim, I stay CCK also, my #1 i choose Dr Adrian and do antenatal check near lot one, its convenient but end up my bill include baby above 10K due to emergency Csec.

Can you share KKH practice for antenatal checkup? Can book sunday ? I think if took too many mc For checkup not so good, my company very ngiao one.

I believe EDD is to calculate from your last menses. So if no menses this month (Jan), then your EDD more likely to fall on September this year, than October. Only if your last menses is January, then EDD will be in Oct this year.

Llie is this your first time? who is your gynae?
Second actually. I lost my first at 8 weeks last year as it was an empty sac. I used to go Dr HK Ho at Mount A because I've heard about his skills but I find him a bit 'rough' and not as patient. Maybe cos he's famous that's why. Have decided to try out Dr Benjamin Tham after hearing rave reviews on how gentle and nice he is.

I'm actually nervous and worried because anything can happen. Probably paranoid rather than elated at the moment.
It's common to feel this way. It's safer to be kiasu. But don't worry, there are many who are successful so keep a happy mind. There's nothing we can do but hope for the best and go see doc soon to check for heartbeat and all. I think that's the only time we will truly relax.

It's common to feel this way. It's safer to be kiasu. But don't worry, there are many who are successful so keep a happy mind. There's nothing we can do but hope for the best and go see doc soon to check for heartbeat and all. I think that's the only time we will truly relax.

Thanks Llie. I decided to book an appointment with my gynae for after CNY. fingers crossed all will be well.
I went to buy Folic Acid yesterday but it is 1mg per tab. How much folic should we be taking?

BabyDust, I bough folic acid from GNC and I'm just taking based on the dose. In fact, I'm taking it since last year to prep for this baby. in the GNC folic acid, I'm taking around 800mcg. But I might switch to Obimin plus soon

Thanks :) do you any gynae to suggest ? by the way, i am staying at CCK area.

Hi my gynea is dr Adrian near cck mrt I feel his price is quite reasonable his Antenatal package Is about $688 but exclude the Oscar and detail scan. U can check him out. So far I'm ok but he talk very fast. Hehehehe but I got used to him Liao. My no.1 and no.2 deliever by him natural :)

I'm on my first bottle of obimin and trying to rem to take fish oil.
Wah u ladies are all taking so much supplement. I'm only taking folic acid 5mg (the ones prescribed by my previous doc). He only gave me that, vit D and calcium pills. Saying that the rest are not needed now. Anyway, I still have a bottle of blackmores pregnancy left from last year. Will probably take that soon.

Last edited:
Hi Mummies, i just tested positive, isit too early to go for check-up? my appointment is next weekend.

You can calculate how many weeks pregnant online base on last menstrual period. If no mc history no spotted no pain suggest check after week 5 as normally cant see thing in first month but scanning cost a lot $$$ for first time.

Meanwhile you need to buy folic acid for daily consumed. You can go polyclinic for referrel letter if you choose kk, nuh or sgh under subsidy. If not under subsidy you can choose gynea but need to book appoinment.

You can calculate how many weeks pregnant online base on last menstrual period. If no mc history no spotted no pain suggest check after week 5 as normally cant see thing in first month but scanning cost a lot $$$ for first time.

Meanwhile you need to buy folic acid for daily consumed. You can go polyclinic for referrel letter if you choose kk, nuh or sgh under subsidy. If not under subsidy you can choose gynea but need to book appoinment.

im around 4-5 weeks, due to my previous record, im quite worried on this second pregnancy, booked private gynae next weekend, i reschedule the appointment which supposed to be after CNY.
after reading the post here, im wondering if i should carry on with my check up.

im around 4-5 weeks, due to my previous record, im quite worried on this second pregnancy, booked private gynae next weekend, i reschedule the appointment which supposed to be after CNY.
after reading the post here, im wondering if i should carry on with my check up.

Hello, pregancy is a big thing. You mention that you are quite worried. Visiting a gynae to let him or her examine you will give you a certain level of peace of mind. This is priceless i feel.

Jia you.

Anyone has a gynae at Mt A to recommend? Used to go to Dr John Yam at GE, but feel like changing somewhere nearer... =)

And my little peanut is so tiny I'm so worried it'd be gone suddenly, hence using test kit every day to it is still there..

I understand how u feel. Me too but Doctor can't see anything or do much this early. U will still need to go back in a few week's time. So I've decided to wait till week 7.

I understand how u feel. Me too but Doctor can't see anything or do much this early. U will still need to go back in a few week's time. So I've decided to wait till week 7.

yes, so i guess i just carry on to next week check up.

Anyone got a good gynae suggestion in NUH?
My SIL had Su Lin Lin at NUH and she was happy with her. Those who are high risk will go to Prof Choolani. Another super popular one was Mary Rauff but I'm not sure if she still delivers as she is quite senior.

Thought of going to NUH for delivery. But when i called up NUH for gynae appointment. The earliest gynae appointment i was given was in late March :( The officer said i could go & see 'outside gynae' then take my results back to NUH gynae. I notice Dr TM Chua is a NUH gynae & has her own clinic outside. Does it mean i can see her at her clinic then take my results to NUH & let her continue from there? I don't quite understand how NUH system works. Appreciate advice if anyone knows. Thanks!

Thought of going to NUH for delivery. But when i called up NUH for gynae appointment. The earliest gynae appointment i was given was in late March :( The officer said i could go & see 'outside gynae' then take my results back to NUH gynae. I notice Dr TM Chua is a NUH gynae & has her own clinic outside. Does it mean i can see her at her clinic then take my results to NUH & let her continue from there? I don't quite understand how NUH system works. Appreciate advice if anyone knows. Thanks!
I have a colleague who goes to Prof Choolani at NUH. Apparently he has a clinic at Mount E Novena too. What I heard from her is that once you made an appointment at that particular clinic, you are considered a patient at that clinic and the fees defer greatly as one is a govt and the other is a private hospital. You can go to only one clinic and not both. NUH appointments are known to be long. I think what they are suggesting is for you to visit another gynae to get some preliminary results before your appointment.

I have a colleague who goes to Prof Choolani at NUH. Apparently he has a clinic at Mount E Novena too. What I heard from her is that once you made an appointment at that particular clinic, you are considered a patient at that clinic and the fees defer greatly as one is a govt and the other is a private hospital. You can go to only one clinic and not both. NUH appointments are known to be long. I think what they are suggesting is for you to visit another gynae to get some preliminary results before your appointment.

Thanks Lie. Not sure whether you will know this. I understand KKH allows patients to use other in-house gynaes until the one that patient chose is available (i.e. for the 1st few visits, let other KKH gynae see then change to the gynae that you want). How abt NUH? Do they allow? I spoke to 2 NUH officers & both never give me the option to visit their in-house gynae. Both just tell me to see outside gynaes... I just thought is strange to see other gynae & then tell her that i'm taking the results to go back to the gynae i have chosen :x

Back