NUH or Mount Alvernia

You can check it out on the websites. It’s listed there. For mount A my sister in law paid $12k in total for normal delivery with epidural.
May i know if the doctor fee and baby’s bill is included in the total bill. Which doc wz she visiting?

I think if private foreigner then just deliver at private hospital better
Hmm...one of the biggest cocerns is that doc fee is not included in Mt.A package but NUH package has got everything in detail. On my 1st visit at NUH, I wz charged around $550. Dunno why the blood test was so expensive $230 while at my 1st pregnancy in kkh i wz charged only $40 for the same test. Why so much diff.??? Both are govt hospitals. So now m a bit confused if i should continue wth NUH or change to Mt. A.

Last edited:
My wife delivered in NUH last year. I am Singapore, she is PR but anyway we went private.
I checked my bill for you.

Private staying in A1 ward (you have the option for B1 ward if private)
Our charges for normal delivery with epidural was less than 8,000, before any subsidies.
Hope it helps. :)

My wife delivered in NUH last year. I am Singapore, she is PR but anyway we went private.

Our charges for normal delivery with epidural was less than 8,000, before any subsidies.
Thanks alot. May i know which doctor she wz with and how wz her overall experience? Did u gyz take the delivery package or not?

Doctor Vanaja
Yes we took the delivery package that was $900 and it is part of the total cost I mentioned.

I had a friend PR choose Thomson hospital at 33 week she had symptoms high blood pressure coz her premature birth.
Thomson hospital had do emergency transfer her to KKH this cost much higher plus caesarean nearly 17k . so is better go for government hospital .
I m a foreigner i choose NUH , my Doctor is Dr Vanaja.

Doctor Vanaja
Yes we took the delivery package that was $900 and it is part of the total cost I mentioned.
have you advice take blood test ? my DR also Vanaja .
I taken blood test on my 12weeks . Thalassemia result shown as INCONCLUSIVE , called my husband test blood
cost $85 . after two weeks my husband blood result also shown as INCONCLUSIVE. Dr Vanaja called me personally
advice both of us do another test which cost each person around $750 .
at that point I was worried as this is my first pregnancy , so better do this Thalassemia blood test.
and nurse advice cant use CPF medisave , so must come out cash .
I don't know if any others come cross this too .

I taken blood test on my 12weeks . Thalassemia result shown as INCONCLUSIVE , called my husband test blood
cost $85 . after two weeks my husband blood result also shown as INCONCLUSIVE. Dr Vanaja called me personally
at that point I was worried as this is my first pregnancy , so better do this Thalassemia blood test.
Woah really! I even found the blood test really expensive as compared to other ones. Even called mt. A later to ask. They said there’s a blood test 1st time for around $40. M not sure it wz some special kind that cost too much. First time bill scared me too so hubby suggested better chk for private since will cost same. Lets see will get to know on my next visit to her. Since after blood test this would be the first visit. Usually i hav heard the doc calls only if there’s some issue in the test results otherwise will give an ok on the next visit that results are ok.

U better consult atleast one more doc instead of going for further tests. Thats what i think. :)

how was the service, i heard the goverment hospitals have huge waiting time & not prompt service

how was the service, i heard the goverment hospitals have huge waiting time & not prompt service

NUH also have private and public. I went private. Usually wait time is 45 minutes to 1.5 hours. Went to a private gynae once at mount Elizabeth also took more than 45 - 60 mins wait. If NUH public may be longer wait. Not sure how Long.

You can check it out on the websites. It’s listed there. For mount A my sister in law paid $12k in total for normal delivery with epidural.

hi, i will be delivering at Mt Alvernia too, my doc is dr goh SL too. how many does your sis in law pay out of pocket altogether (after medisave)
$12k for normal delivery is very expensive. i expecting like $8000-$10k.

Last edited:
I gave birth a baby girl in year 2017 at NUH (class A1 Bedder) natural birth with Dr. Chua TS. from the 1st scanning till we checked out from the ward. i paid about $10,000+ (after medisave) some of the scanning and testing are not covered in the antenatal package. i remember i have to paid $2000+? for the antenatal package which you can use it after 22 weeks.

The pros :
1. nurses are very kind and helpful
2. ward is clean and allow my husband to sleep in
3.DR Chua is very strict on your weight . i gained 11 kg during my pregnancy which she said it is over weight .the ideal is 10kg or less :(
4.Dr Chua is very detail and caring, she will listen to you and make sure you are ok.
5. NUH is pro BF , since formula is really expensive.
6. Delivery is really smooth and you got a "lots" of attention or even show your lower body part to the apprentices during your contraction.

the Cons:
1. waiting time at jurong women clinics is HELL ( 1-2hrs)
2.waiting time to do a scanning in NUH is another HELL ( 2-3 hours ) payment another (1 hour)
3.i was introduce to episiotomy (cut on to the vaginal ) and it is still hurt after 18 months of birth .

hi, i will be delivering at Mt Alvernia too, my doc is dr goh SL too. how many does your sis in law pay out of pocket altogether (after medisave)
$12k for normal delivery is very expensive. i expecting like $8000-$10k.
Hi. I am interested to go with Dr goh sl. May I know your bill size with her at Mount A. Before and after medisave pls. Hope u can help out here. Very confuse with who to choose. My current doc will be on leave. And if I don't choose soon, afraid will be too late and doc might not want to take my case. Thank you so much in advance.

I had a friend PR choose Thomson hospital at 33 week she had symptoms high blood pressure coz her premature birth.
Thomson hospital had do emergency transfer her to KKH this cost much higher plus caesarean nearly 17k . so is better go for government hospital .
I m a foreigner i choose NUH , my Doctor is Dr Vanaja.
Hi
IVY_NANAZ
I m currently 20 weeks pregnant.i m foreigner. Planning to do delivery in NUH.
Do u know the charges for delivery in NUH

Back