Nov 2022 Mummies (forum only)

hello, i'm 21 weeks today - due 26 Nov and expecting a baby girl. Passed our detailed scan this week and had a sigh of relief as we failed our detailed scan last year and had to terminate at 21 weeks. From this point on it's all new to me! We are looking into confinement nannies and antenatal classes. Excited to be here and hoping everyone will have a safe and boring pregnancy!

ps. i am with Dr Edwin Thia in Mount Elizabeth Novena. He delivers at Mt E Nov, TMC and Alvernia. I gave birth to my sleeping baby at TMC, but not sure if we should go back or try MEN. Anyone has any experiences at MEN?

Hello mommies! I’m letting go of this Perineum Massage Oil. PM if keen. E0296ACA-DA9C-417D-949F-926D8AFCD068.jpeg

Was fine until diagnosed with GD last week :( Struggling to eat healthy diet, already having food aversions. Worst part is pricking fingers so many times a day for blood test.
I passed my GD last week; I thought i would get it cos I was like eating all sorts of stuff including bubble tea and of cos due to age. Oh yeah, 3 times right, the fasting sux!

What do you need to do now that you are diagnosed with GD? Omit the sugar and carbs?

I passed my GD last week; I thought i would get it cos I was like eating all sorts of stuff including bubble tea and of cos due to age. Oh yeah, 3 times right, the fasting sux!

What do you need to do now that you are diagnosed with GD? Omit the sugar and carbs?
I had controlled diet for long, but since last 1 month I have been eating a lot of carbs & sugary stuff. Now I need too limit carbs, sugar & eat lots of veggies & protein which is so difficult.

I had controlled diet for long, but since last 1 month I have been eating a lot of carbs & sugary stuff. Now I need too limit carbs, sugar & eat lots of veggies & protein which is so difficult.
ahhhh...i feel you...esp with the earlier stage of food and smell aversion, controlled diet and now another round of controlled diet due to GD. One good thing about GD diet is that you wont put on much weight during pregnancy and after birth.

Hello mommies, do you all have constipation problem? Before preg I have constipation problem, but now getting worse ….

Hello mommies, do you all have constipation problem? Before preg I have constipation problem, but now getting worse ….
You can consider getting probiotics in your diet. For me, I drink a bottle of Yakult and make sure I drink loads of water everyday.

Hi mummies! I am at 24 weeks. EDD suppose to be early dec but due to previous pregnancies complications for my eldest, will be going through c-sect in week 37.. thus baby will be a Nov baby. Therefore, I am here!!

I am 40 this year, living overseas (in Shanghai since 2015). I had never imagine myself patronizing this forum again as my eldest is already 14(2008) and 2nd is 12(2010).

Due to covid restrictions in China, is difficult for me to go back to SG for delivery. Just here to get some comfort from fellow Singaporeans. Miss home so much.. haven been back since 2020.

I was diagnosed with GDM last week and is on strict diet, pricking finger 4 times a day. Super stress after every prick while waiting for the result.

Once again hi to all!

Hi mummies! I am at 24 weeks. EDD suppose to be early dec but due to previous pregnancies complications for my eldest, will be going through c-sect in week 37.. thus baby will be a Nov baby. Therefore, I am here!!

I am 40 this year, living overseas (in Shanghai since 2015). I had never imagine myself patronizing this forum again as my eldest is already 14(2008) and 2nd is 12(2010).

Due to covid restrictions in China, is difficult for me to go back to SG for delivery. Just here to get some comfort from fellow Singaporeans. Miss home so much.. haven been back since 2020.

I was diagnosed with GDM last week and is on strict diet, pricking finger 4 times a day. Super stress after every prick while waiting for the result.

Once again hi to all!
Hello!! Good to hear from you! The age gap between your #2 and #3 is quite wide, but I believe the journey will be exciting!!

Hahahaha! I feel you cos I have 3 boys too <3

but I have to say… having boys r good. At least my boys really take care of me like I am the queen/princess of the house.12 years back when we found out #2 was a boy, I was very upset. But this time round, I am comfortable with a 3rd boy. In fact, my husband n I were worried if #3 is a girl, it will be a new challenge for us. And now, at least we know we r experience with boys, so no fear.

but I have to say… having boys r good. At least my boys really take care of me like I am the queen/princess of the house.12 years back when we found out #2 was a boy, I was very upset. But this time round, I am comfortable with a 3rd boy. In fact, my husband n I were worried if #3 is a girl, it will be a new challenge for us. And now, at least we know we r experience with boys, so no fear.
Yes! I am treated like a queen (and a maid cos everything they want mummy to do for them). It's good that you got the gender you want! :)

Hi all, just posting this to seek some advice/consolation, not sure where else to share my worries. My neighbour has been burning terrible smelling incense non-stop since circuit breaker days so 2 years plus ago. During the initial days i would ignore since not preg, but throughout my pregnancy (~7 months now) it has been getting worse and my air purifier recently registered abysmal readings (~70 PM 2.5). Have brought this up to many agencies - town council, MP, NEA, SPF etc. all say nothing can be done and i have given up going this route. I'm just really afraid all this breathing in of toxic chemicals would result in birth defects (so far prenatal checks and NIPT seem ok, but mine is an ivf pregnancy so i also don't know if risks are higher). And even if baby is ok at birth, i can't imagine bringing my newborn home to all this toxic fumes in 2 months' time. Hubby and myself have only one place of residence and no family members we can leave the baby with. This is so depressing - any words of advice/wisdom please?

Hi all, just posting this to seek some advice/consolation, not sure where else to share my worries. My neighbour has been burning terrible smelling incense non-stop since circuit breaker days so 2 years plus ago. During the initial days i would ignore since not preg, but throughout my pregnancy (~7 months now) it has been getting worse and my air purifier recently registered abysmal readings (~70 PM 2.5). Have brought this up to many agencies - town council, MP, NEA, SPF etc. all say nothing can be done and i have given up going this route. I'm just really afraid all this breathing in of toxic chemicals would result in birth defects (so far prenatal checks and NIPT seem ok, but mine is an ivf pregnancy so i also don't know if risks are higher). And even if baby is ok at birth, i can't imagine bringing my newborn home to all this toxic fumes in 2 months' time. Hubby and myself have only one place of residence and no family members we can leave the baby with. This is so depressing - any words of advice/wisdom please?
Sorry adding on to the above - recent check at 28 weeks baby is already estimated at 1.5kg - is this even normal? Seems a bit too big and doc advised to watch my weight (but no other condition of GD or high BP etc.) So afraid that this is some sign of birth defect arghh

since the govt agencies cant do anything, i think it's up to you to knock on their door and see what you and the neighbour can meet in between? if you dont highlight to the neighbour, they might not know that their practice is causing you distress?

since the govt agencies cant do anything, i think it's up to you to knock on their door and see what you and the neighbour can meet in between? if you dont highlight to the neighbour, they might not know that their practice is causing you distress?
They don't feel it's a problem and are unwilling to change their practices that's why I sought help from the agencies... :/

this is tough man....any plans to shift house LOL
Yes! Desperately waiting for new place to be ready but unfortunately earliest will be maybe Feb/Mar next year and if all goes well baby will be here Nov so she'll have to breathe a few months of the pollution x_x am thinking should I prep some oxygen or something just in case. So many wild thoughts now

Yes! Desperately waiting for new place to be ready but unfortunately earliest will be maybe Feb/Mar next year and if all goes well baby will be here Nov so she'll have to breathe a few months of the pollution x_x am thinking should I prep some oxygen or something just in case. So many wild thoughts now
i think you may want to shut the windows and doors to minimize air pollution when the baby is here...dont overthink and worry!

hey fellow mummies to be, wondering how much weight gain is to be expected by end of second trimester? suddenly feel like my appetite went super haywire and can’t stop feeling hungry and keep eating carbs. worry I may be gaining weight too quickly. have gained 7-8kg and am around end of week 26 now.

hey fellow mummies to be, wondering how much weight gain is to be expected by end of second trimester? suddenly feel like my appetite went super haywire and can’t stop feeling hungry and keep eating carbs. worry I may be gaining weight too quickly. have gained 7-8kg and am around end of week 26 now.
I'm a FTM and don't know enough to comment but am in the same boat, gained about 8kg by 28 weeks and am still gaining nearly 1kg every 1.5 weeks, have craving for carbs and sweets too. Gynae did say to watch weight and that it's ideal to gain about 12 - 13kg throughout if we started out with a normal BMI, but at the moment he says everything still looks normal and i guess it's more reassuring if you pass GD test and have no high BP etc. Maybe can try to up exercise, i've been trying prenatal yoga and taking more walks (but need to get cleared by gynae before starting any exercise)

yeah, I am more inclined to carbs like rice and noodles. cant do without it. i think this is a good time to binge LOL pregnancy weight can be lost by breastfeeding.

I'm a FTM and don't know enough to comment but am in the same boat, gained about 8kg by 28 weeks and am still gaining nearly 1kg every 1.5 weeks, have craving for carbs and sweets too. Gynae did say to watch weight and that it's ideal to gain about 12 - 13kg throughout if we started out with a normal BMI, but at the moment he says everything still looks normal and i guess it's more reassuring if you pass GD test and have no high BP etc. Maybe can try to up exercise, i've been trying prenatal yoga and taking more walks (but need to get cleared by gynae before starting any exercise)
but do you feel breathless nowadays? I try to walk too but it's getting v breathless nowadays. With all the carbs and bubble tea, I am surprised that I passed the GD test LOL.

but do you feel breathless nowadays? I try to walk too but it's getting v breathless nowadays. With all the carbs and bubble tea, I am surprised that I passed the GD test LOL.
Ya me too, sometimes i can't talk while walking anymore and at night have to prop myself up to sleep otherwise cannot breathe... and still craving sugar every day yikes. I bought a huge bottle of honey today to substitute for bubble tea haha

Hi All, FTM here, 31 weeks plus now, EDD in early Nov. Anyone here having mood swings? I’ve had quite a few scares during this pregnancy, (such as lack of nasal bone, CMV, pre-eclampsia risk ) and have been quite tired recently.

The most recent scare was my GD diagnosis, and bleeding due to constipation and piles. Gynae says my baby is 1.6kg at 30plus weeks and I have already gained 10kg. Have been following a strict diet and making my own breakfast and lunches, sometimes dinner, trying to control the GD and weight gain. Also trying to follow 30mins walking workouts on YouTube.

Some days I feel pride for my efforts to keep the baby healthy but other days I just feel tired of doing all these on top of work, and feel guilty for eating one more snack beyond my GD meal plan or missing an exercise session. Anyone else feeling the same way?

Ya me too, sometimes i can't talk while walking anymore and at night have to prop myself up to sleep otherwise cannot breathe... and still craving sugar every day yikes. I bought a huge bottle of honey today to substitute for bubble tea haha
hahahaha! ya ya! got to prop higher on the pillow to prevent breathlessness. Cant even believe that sleeping flat will feel breathless too. Aiya, give in once or twice to bubble tea is perfectly ok. Good for your sanity LOL

Hi All, FTM here, 31 weeks plus now, EDD in early Nov. Anyone here having mood swings? I’ve had quite a few scares during this pregnancy, (such as lack of nasal bone, CMV, pre-eclampsia risk ) and have been quite tired recently.

The most recent scare was my GD diagnosis, and bleeding due to constipation and piles. Gynae says my baby is 1.6kg at 30plus weeks and I have already gained 10kg. Have been following a strict diet and making my own breakfast and lunches, sometimes dinner, trying to control the GD and weight gain. Also trying to follow 30mins walking workouts on YouTube.

Some days I feel pride for my efforts to keep the baby healthy but other days I just feel tired of doing all these on top of work, and feel guilty for eating one more snack beyond my GD meal plan or missing an exercise session. Anyone else feeling the same way?
could it be due to low sugar that you felt constant mood swings? i just eat and drink what i want (sans raw stuff and alcohol), so at this point of time, not much of mood swings...

could it be due to low sugar that you felt constant mood swings? i just eat and drink what i want (sans raw stuff and alcohol), so at this point of time, not much of mood swings...

hmm.. maybe.. but not allowed to take the usual sugary stuff due to GD leh.. my only guilty pleasure nowadays is decaf starbucks coffee with low fat milk.. haha

hmm.. maybe.. but not allowed to take the usual sugary stuff due to GD leh.. my only guilty pleasure nowadays is decaf starbucks coffee with low fat milk.. haha
ahhhh, then better not. I know of a friend whose GD is so bad that she has to take insulin shots.

Bear with it bah, for the sake of the baby <3

Am in same boat as u.... 32+ weeks, EDD early nov & got GD. Trying too hard to control diet & walk after every meal, but somedays feel so frustrated not able to eat what I want & seeing sugar spikes even after maintaining diet.

Am in same boat as u.... 32+ weeks, EDD early nov & got GD. Trying too hard to control diet & walk after every meal, but somedays feel so frustrated not able to eat what I want & seeing sugar spikes even after maintaining diet.

I feel you.. not being able to eat out with my friends and family at the usual restaurants makes me feel a bit lonely. On the bright side, it’s just two more months, and for the sake of a smooth delivery and healthy baby. Let’s persevere and jiayou!

I feel you.. not being able to eat out with my friends and family at the usual restaurants makes me feel a bit lonely. On the bright side, it’s just two more months, and for the sake of a smooth delivery and healthy baby. Let’s persevere and jiayou!
go temporary keto lo, as in you still can eat with them, minus the carbs...go for the meat and all.

On the bright side, you wont put on much weight after delivery!

Hello!
I was a GD mum 3 times over :p Has the doctor / nutritionist seen your meal plan?
Basically, u have to take about 6 small meals a day with just enough carbs and lots of proteins and veg to keep you full.
Your sugar level post meal should be ideal. At any time you feel light headed or in a low mood, do take your blood sugar reading. If it is low, drink 1/2 glass of apple juice (as milk and fats such as oil inhibits the absorption of sugar into the blood stream which wouldn't help to bring your sugar level up). Once drank, take your reading again after 30mins. It may be a bit hight so you got to play around with how much you can drink. I used to take a sweet as my blood sugar did plummet till i was very dizzy and felt like puking. I was also on insulin jabs which helped a lot. Insulin jabs are not a bad thing actually.

Eating out is never an issue. Just choose food wisely.

The other thing you may want to consider is to do a prenatal massage as it will help to alleviate your mood and also soothe those achy muscles. We tend to feel anxious too when our nesting instinct kicks in so massage therapy is a good thing. I signed up for a package that allows me to use the sessions for both pre and post natal so it was a very good deal. The therapist came to my place so I didn't have to travel out. Oh, and there was no rush to finish the package as it exipires 4 mths after baby's birth which was very helpful as I bought the 15 sessions package and was using it since 5 mths pregnant. I had 10 sessions left by the time I delivered.
As Im writing this, I just checked out their IG. They are having a Sept promotion. Very good package! You may want to check it out too. Mums N Bumps: https://www.instagram.com/mumsnbumps/

Take care and enjoy your pregnancy!

Hello!
Sugar spikes can happen even when hungry or not eating enough proteins. So, just take note, ya! Jia you!

Hello!
I was a GD mum 3 times over :p Has the doctor / nutritionist seen your meal plan?
Basically, u have to take about 6 small meals a day with just enough carbs and lots of proteins and veg to keep you full.
Your sugar level post meal should be ideal. At any time you feel light headed or in a low mood, do take your blood sugar reading. If it is low, drink 1/2 glass of apple juice (as milk and fats such as oil inhibits the absorption of sugar into the blood stream which wouldn't help to bring your sugar level up). Once drank, take your reading again after 30mins. It may be a bit hight so you got to play around with how much you can drink. I used to take a sweet as my blood sugar did plummet till i was very dizzy and felt like puking. I was also on insulin jabs which helped a lot. Insulin jabs are not a bad thing actually.

Eating out is never an issue. Just choose food wisely.

The other thing you may want to consider is to do a prenatal massage as it will help to alleviate your mood and also soothe those achy muscles. We tend to feel anxious too when our nesting instinct kicks in so massage therapy is a good thing. I signed up for a package that allows me to use the sessions for both pre and post natal so it was a very good deal. The therapist came to my place so I didn't have to travel out. Oh, and there was no rush to finish the package as it exipires 4 mths after baby's birth which was very helpful as I bought the 15 sessions package and was using it since 5 mths pregnant. I had 10 sessions left by the time I delivered.
As Im writing this, I just checked out their IG. They are having a Sept promotion. Very good package! You may want to check it out too. Mums N Bumps: https://www.instagram.com/mumsnbumps/

Take care and enjoy your pregnancy!

Thanks for the advice! I was given a “meal plan” to follow by my gynae. Yeah, 6 meals a day consisting of 3 main meals and 3 snacks, and spaced at least 2 hours apart. Carbs were limited to whole grain/brown rice options and medium bowl portion, and protein was limited to 100g for lunches and dinners. Was told can eat lots of vegetables of the less starchy variety (mostly green, not carrots, corns, potatoes). Snacks were limited to things like 3 whole meal crackers or 1 soon kueh or 2 chwee kueh, plus one cup of low fat milk or non-sugared soy milk. Seems like I have to count everything I eat other than vegetables, which gets a bit stressful when I eat out with friends.

Oh well, on the bright side I wasn’t told to get insulin jabs, so no low sugar problems. Just sometimes feel hungry and have to wait for my next meal.. then feel guilty when I break the rules sometimes like eating before 2 hours’ up or eating a few more crackers.. haha..

I already signed up postnatal massage as part of my confinement package. Might consider a prenatal one :)

Thanks for the advice! I was given a “meal plan” to follow by my gynae. Yeah, 6 meals a day consisting of 3 main meals and 3 snacks, and spaced at least 2 hours apart. Carbs were limited to whole grain/brown rice options and medium bowl portion, and protein was limited to 100g for lunches and dinners. Was told can eat lots of vegetables of the less starchy variety (mostly green, not carrots, corns, potatoes). Snacks were limited to things like 3 whole meal crackers or 1 soon kueh or 2 chwee kueh, plus one cup of low fat milk or non-sugared soy milk. Seems like I have to count everything I eat other than vegetables, which gets a bit stressful when I eat out with friends.

Oh well, on the bright side I wasn’t told to get insulin jabs, so no low sugar problems. Just sometimes feel hungry and have to wait for my next meal.. then feel guilty when I break the rules sometimes like eating before 2 hours’ up or eating a few more crackers.. haha..

I already signed up postnatal massage as part of my confinement package. Might consider a prenatal one :)

It sounds like you are on the right track! Hang in there!
When hungry, the likely reason is not enough protein intake. U can snack on nuts when u r hungry.

Prenatal massage is very beneficial in preparation for the delivery of your baby. Do give it a try!

Hello mummies! I believed most of us here have popped! Congrats to ourselves :)

yes! I ended up being an end Oct mummy though, haha..

How’s everyone doing? I guess newborn phase is tough and we can only hope to get more sleep in a few months’ time? :)

yes! I ended up being an end Oct mummy though, haha..

How’s everyone doing? I guess newborn phase is tough and we can only hope to get more sleep in a few months’ time? :)
Yes! Newborn phase of waking up every 3 hours everyday....waiting for STTN LOL

Hello mummies! I believed most of us here have popped! Congrats to ourselves :)
My premiee came out at 34 weeks, 2 months old now. Am feeling like zombie cow. Sleeping only 3-4 hrs. Whole day going in nappy change, pumping, feeding & making her sleep

My premiee came out at 34 weeks, 2 months old now. Am feeling like zombie cow. Sleeping only 3-4 hrs. Whole day going in nappy change, pumping, feeding & making her sleep

I can relate.. mine is 5 weeks now and requires me to cuddle and soothe him to sleep, then cries and wakes up when put in cot. Lol.. Fortunately I still have a nanny to take over the night bottle feeds while I just pump, at least for another week. Not sure how I am going to find time to pump in the day when I become the sole caretaker.

Are you the sole caretaker? How did you manage to make everything work?

Looking forward to the day when baby STTN too! :)

Mine is coming to 3 weeks LOL. The hardest part is when she refused to zzzz LOL. Turning me mad though I am not a first time mommy. Every baby is a new experience.

Back