Nov 2022 Mummies (forum only)

Is it true that for private patient at Kkh, the scans and doctor consultation is done separately and have different queues?
for private patients, you'll get to see your assigned doctor all the time and she will scan your tummy everytime she sees you. For screening and major scanning, it would be the more specialized radiographers.

I’m a staff under SGH and I’m torn between SGH and KKH private. I’m already at 9 weeks, am planning to switch to private in my 2nd trimester. Understand that I can utilise my staff benefit for both. But which hospital would you guys recommend? It’s my first pregnancy and I want a pro natural female gynae who is understanding too ( too much request huh). So far SGH has been simple in terms of appointments and scans, it’s all within the same O&G clinic. Not sure how KKH is like. But I saw that there are more KKH female gynaes compared to SGH. I only saw 3 names in SGH and the “popular” one is Yu Su Ling.
Any recommendation for gynaes and which hospital?

anyone holding on to a LTVP? Which path are yall taking? KKH or Private? the prices seem to be not big of a difference..

it’s my second pregnancy now. But during my first I was under subsidized care all the way up till week 36. - wanted to save money and didn’t have any negative experience under sub care. Week 36 I went to register for admission (so lesser paperwork on day of labour) my husband wanted to stay in with me so we opt for A class ward. Thats when I started paying private rate.

turns out to be a blessing in disguise as I ended up in emergency c sect after failure to progress. Even though the gynae was randomly assigned last min (at point of registration), my surgery went well without complication. :)

this pregnancy I wanted to go MEN, but had spotting earlier on, so I went to kkh UOGC, was randomly assigned a gynae again (paying private rate). I am happy with this gynae so far, so will continue with her and kkh again this time round but under private rate.

My First preg is under subsidize too! Everything is good until labor time. Not sure is it me or the dr. So this time i intend to change to private. But don't have clue which gynae should i choose yet. Any recommendation on gynae in KKH?

Is it true that for private patient at Kkh, the scans and doctor consultation is done separately and have different queues?
Depends on the type of scan. I’m only in my early second trimester, and maybe because of earlier spotting? So far I did All of my first trimester scan (viability and dating) in AMC.

I think it’s standard for FTS (Oscar) and week 20 scans to be at ADC

for my friend who went through kkh private route, she did 4 scans separately and the rest are bedside scans.

My First preg is under subsidize too! Everything is good until labor time. Not sure is it me or the dr. So this time i intend to change to private. But don't have clue which gynae should i choose yet. Any recommendation on gynae in KKH?
Prof john tee was the repeated names I saw in my previous mummy group. :) I heard good reviews for dr qi maili too. Iirc, Her husband is dr CK Khoo from MEHN :)

Hi mommies, my Edd is 8 Nov. 4th pregnancy 5th kid. Currently I’m under kkh subsidised but will change to private at 20 weeks. My previous 2 pregnancy was under kkh private. Service was good. Dr tan hh who had left to open his own clinic. And dr John tee who have many good reviews. He’s senior consultant so his consultation is more expensive.
My Oscar result was intermediate to high risk. 1:256 and I did harmony test so now is waiting game for the call

Hello mummies, i also did the Harmony test and waiting for results now. I always find the wait so difficult it's too scary... i'm a newbie mum p1st preg. Any tips on how to get through this period?

Hello mummies, i also did the Harmony test and waiting for results now. I always find the wait so difficult it's too scary... i'm a newbie mum p1st preg. Any tips on how to get through this period?

focus on work? It helps for me. Read many false positive on Oscar results so Ijyst Told myself harmony result will turn out good. Be positive.I received call from kkh yesterday and my harmony results came back with even lower risk so everything is fine now

Hi all Mummies,

Wonder if anyone here encounter like me?

NIPT was low risk, but the NT result was 3.9mm. Was recommend to do Amnio test.
Will be having my Amnio test next month at KKH.
Read from many forum, KKH will not call if is good news, they will only call if bad news.
Anyone here done Amnio at KKH? We will get a report from them for the test?

Hoping for good result.

Prof john tee was the repeated names I saw in my previous mummy group. :) I heard good reviews for dr qi maili too. Iirc, Her husband is dr CK Khoo from MEHN :)
Yes! I have a few friends who were under John Tee and it was said that his sewing skills were awesome. Another one would be KT Tan, a lady doc. Do note that these docs are usually doctors of few words, but they are professional and know their stuff. Those who prefer docs to give them TLC might not like the recommended.

I'm nearly 15 weeks... still not sure of gender yet... wonder if there are mummies-to-be like me who don't want to know and prefer it to be a surprise... haha.
hahahaha! you get the sonographer to put the report into the envelope and you seal it up till delivery...

Hi mummies. Just took a test and the test kit showed I am pregnant. Based on my calculation, most probably will due in Nov too. This is my first and currently having a headache looking for Gynae. Any recommendations? Looking at private, maybe Thomson cos I was born there. Thanks in advance. :)

Dr CH Koh at toa payoh. He did for my mil, my sis in law and now me. He delivers at mt A and thomson

im 14 weeks, will get my nipt results on next appt in jun.

when do you start shopping for stuffs for baby? baby expo fair coming anyone goin?

im FTM so will be buying some new stuff at expo fair and reusing some of my niece stuff i guess. Idk gender yet cos only did oscar
I did the FTPS too, so i went for the scan last week and the sonographer was so afraid to commit the gender lo. aiyo. i think if she really wants to help, we should know the gender. oh well.

Hello! FTM and at 17 weeks. Finally got my panorama test results yesterday saying low risk and starting to worry about things like nanny.

Anyone booked stuff like confinement nanny, herb package and postnatal massage yet? I’m considering PEM confinement agency, does anyone know if that’s good or have any other recommendations?

TIA !

Hi mommies, this is my first pregnancy and am currently 4 month pregnant. But my baby bump is not so obvious. I didn’t put on much weight too. Probably 2 to 3kg. Normally at how many weeks will the baby bump start to grow bigger?

Hi mommies, this is my first pregnancy and am currently 4 month pregnant. But my baby bump is not so obvious. I didn’t put on much weight too. Probably 2 to 3kg. Normally at how many weeks will the baby bump start to grow bigger?
I'm like you though this is my 4th pregnancy. I believe it will be bigger on the 20th week onwards?

I am also 4 month pregnant. I have a bump though. But maybe cos im eating too much too. Bump is more obvious when i wear tight outfits. But normally shld be seen from 20weeks onwards like what towkayneo said :)

I was having difficulty sleeping at night too. And feet feels restless and keep wanting to move around. Anyone also facing same issues?

I was seeing some other lady also pregnant 4 months but their baby bump is so much bigger
I think it differs from person to person. Am short 5.2 ft & my bump was very visible since 3rd mnth started. Now am in 4th month and none of my previous clothes fit. My friend's bump was visible after she entered 6th month, though we both have same physique.

I think it differs from person to person. Am short 5.2 ft & my bump was very visible since 3rd mnth started. Now am in 4th month and none of my previous clothes fit. My friend's bump was visible after she entered 6th month, though we both have same physique.
Thanks for sharing :)

I was having difficulty sleeping at night too. And feet feels restless and keep wanting to move around. Anyone also facing same issues?
could be iron deficiency. might want to check with your doc the next round.

hi what do you take if the blackmores breastfeeding gold is making you uncomfortable? it makes my morning sickness worse and i've been avoiding it..

hi what do you take if the blackmores breastfeeding gold is making you uncomfortable? it makes my morning sickness worse and i've been avoiding it..
if it makes you uncomfy, maybe you might want to stop it and go for other brands?

Currently I am on Ganilia.

Back