NIPT vs CVS

WEvan08

Hi, anyone facing the dilemma of a harmony/panorama vs a CVS especially for older mothers? I am more incline towards NIPT and not risking it in CVS. Any mother-to-be or mothers can share your thoughts?

I was not given a choice... my gynea decided that I shld do CVS n I just took it. I was almost 40 when i was pregnant and I was of cos concerned if I could give birth 2 a healthy baby. I trusted my gynea n felt dat he wld have felt it 2 b necessary 4 me 2 do d invasive test. I have another friend who was preggy @ 40 n decided not 2 do anything as she was determined 2 keep no matter wat d results will b... Both of us gave birth 2 healthy child.

My SIL did Harmony n 1 other NIPT test n both results were not conclusive, hence in d end she went 4 d invasive test. She was later upset dat she spent so much doing NIPT dat were not conclusive.

Didnt think I m of much help but congratulations, nonetheless.

I was not given a choice... my gynea decided that I shld do CVS n I just took it. I was almost 40 when i was pregnant and I was of cos concerned if I could give birth 2 a healthy baby. I trusted my gynea n felt dat he wld have felt it 2 b necessary 4 me 2 do d invasive test. I have another friend who was preggy @ 40 n decided not 2 do anything as she was determined 2 keep no matter wat d results will b... Both of us gave birth 2 healthy child.

My SIL did Harmony n 1 other NIPT test n both results were not conclusive, hence in d end she went 4 d invasive test. She was later upset dat she spent so much doing NIPT dat were not conclusive.

Didnt think I m of much help but congratulations, nonetheless.
Thanks for sharing.. I am more inclined to do NIPT first and pray hard for a conclusive good result. Hope more mothers can share your thoughts.

Hi! I am also an older mom with 2nd pregnancy. NIPT+ Detailed scan assurance is good enough assurance for me. Will only go for CVS/Amino if results from NIPT is high risk

Back