Need how long to stable in childcare

qianmummy

dear mummies, i put my son into childcare centre beginning this year, so, he is already 5 months++ there and 2 months later he will reach age of 3, wihtin this period, he get sick frequently, flu, cough and fever..., i'm very worry!!! may i know, children normally need how long adapt to the new environment? how to enhance his immune system and not to get sick easily? pls advice,is this normal? i totally have no experience...

hi hanhui, thanks for your advice, i think this is the common answer, just everytime he fall sick I really feel very struggle and uneasy...,hope my son can be stronger soon...,

hi hanhui, my son seems having cough and running nose again this 2 days, he just fall sick last week and after fully apply the medicines and antibiotic that doctor prescribed for him, he getting better... and now....., i really worry.., at home no elderly can advice or guide me what should i do, sometimes really very panic.. can you advice, should i give him multivitamins, bring him to chinese medication or any good supplementry stuff can give him to improve...., or i have no choice and have to go through the path..., one year on off for the worries really not easy..

Consult doctor for some immune boosting vitamin.
happy.gif

Quite scary to read about kids being susceptible to being ill from going to child care. Haven't sent my child to a school yet and am wondering what sort of prevention do the schools take (procedural) and must all kids be toilet-trained for play school and nursery? Anyone can advise? Thanks!

It all depends. My twins were got HFMD from their classmates twice within 2 months, despite the school carrying out monthly sanization, daily cleaning/sunning, etc. If other kids got it from outside school and come to school, there's nothing much can be done about it. I burnt all my leave those 2 months. They were having running nose practically every other week. If not, it will be cough. That was in the initial months. Then they got a bit stronger, so when someone in their class has a cough/running nose, sometimes they do not catch it. I keep them clean every day by sanitising their bags, changing towels, sunning their school stuff, beefing them up with Vitamin C and water. Mine have not bee toilet trained yet although they are coming to 28mths. They are ok at home but once go to school, they back to diapers. So got to work with teachers closely.Guess it is part of growing and pain for working moms like us.

Back