Need advices on Divorce matters

en_ma

Hi
I'm asking on behalf for my brother.

He (Singaporean) married a foreigner (now a PR) and they have a 3 year old child. My brother is a PHV driver and hence income is not very stable. He owns a flat, 100% under his name.
Now they are in the process of divorcing, no third parties involved, mainly due to personalities difference. The wife is working with a stable income.

I would like to know if my brother has to provide monthly maintenance to his child. As his income is not stable and still has to pay for his flat, utilities...if the wife is asking like a 1K/month (which I think my brother can't afford to pay this amt monthly). Is this consider contest case if my brother can't/doesn't agree to the amount ?
I think his wife's income is higher than his.

Will his flat be affected if it is a contested case ? As of now, it's my brother paying for the flat.

Well, it depending on if whether the wife is able to provide proof for the usage of the 1k. If your brother doesn't want accept, he have to either talk with her before filing, or if she have filed, go for contested already
Judge will judge based on both party income, and also the expenses of the kids

no la. not straight away go for contested. normally will mediate first ie try to come to a agree amount.
it's not whether who salary higher. once care and control is given to one party then the other party have to pay the maintenance

Back