Natural or Csect?

Imisssashimi

Hi all, first time mom to be here, if all goes well in Jan 2022.

I have been thinking about the mode of delivery, and I have heard stories from friends.

Essentially, it's the best to go for natural because of the faster recovery rate and also cheaper cost. But sometimes there is also a risk of moms going for emergency csect because of complications. Which also means more $$$.

So some friends I know shared that electing for csect beforehand would save all that hard labour time and $$$. Which I thought was not a bad idea haha.

Wondering if anyone here knows how much emergency csect costs in TMC? I heard it's about $18k in Gleneagles just for the procedure itself. Do correct me if I am wrong.

Also do share what are your thoughts on this, and if you have stories to share! Thank you in advance.

I have been thinking about the mode of delivery, and I have heard stories from friends.

Essentially, it's the best to go for natural because of the faster recovery rate and also cheaper cost. But sometimes there is also a risk of moms going for emergency csect because of complications. Which also means more $$$.

So some friends I know shared that electing for csect beforehand would save all that hard labour time and $$$. Which I thought was not a bad idea haha.

Wondering if anyone here knows how much emergency csect costs in TMC? I heard it's about $18k in Gleneagles just for the procedure itself. Do correct me if I am wrong.

Also do share what are your thoughts on this, and if you have stories to share! Thank you in advance.

Go for Natural, we woman are given the ability to give birth natural, since when in the old days we have c-sect as an option! When i was a FTM, i kept telling my gynae i opt for C-Sect as well becos why, also scare about the pain etc.. But my gynae is pro-natural, and she told me I can do it, why not try. Which I did, and its not so bad… just have to tahan the pain until hit 3cm dilation, then ask for epi. After epi, u can just sleep, then we wait for the baby to come.. no pain at all, u can even laugh while pushing the baby… and after epi wears off, u only feel soreness below, but its bearable.. and our body is naturally built to heal… u can even discharge in just a day, which saves even more money? but pls dont save money on the epi, its a must have!

when u talk about mothers having complications and needing c-sect, i personally think pvt hospitals like to let u believe u have to go thru the knife so that more money goes to their pocket.. i was having contractions for 12hrs before epi and no one once asked me to give up and go for c-sect… it took me 26hrs to give birth to my DS, which my mum told me is about the same hours she used to give birth to me.. so unless real emergency, i really dont think there’s a need for c-sect. if u are already under a pvt hospital gynae, most likely u will go thru the knife… so far all my friends who went pvt hospital ended up c-sect… only 1 at parkway east hospital was natural with epi…

hi i think going for Natural birth is the best , recovery will be much faster n it’s more affordable .
unless have complications, or advise by gynae then no choice , csec

My sister in law also told me to just opt for csect to avoid additional cost as hers was e csect. But I’m glad I didn’t listen after 6 months of pondering and of course confirming with my pro natural gynae I went for natural.
The recovery was easier than expected. I would choose the same decision if I were to turn back time.

Most gynaes do not offer elective c section for non-medical reasons. But no matter which hospital you choose, and even if you are scheduled for c section due to breech baby etc. you must prepare for emergency c section costs as a backup. You can choose hospital based on that maximum cost (Mount A is all in at 18K for single room - payment after Medisave is around 13-14K).

Go for natural. And whilst pregnant, stay active to have a shorter labour. Recovery is fast. I was walking around the next morning! I did have an epidural. Just ask to lower the dose during active labour so you can still feel the contraction, when you do, you know when to push and how to push.

go for normal delivery if possible and your gynae will suggest you for c-section if there is a need. u dont really have to decide before u admit to hospital actually. for sure c-section is more ex than normal delivery.

Hi, I'm an elective C-section mum and I do not regret my choice. Delivered at Mt E Novena, total bill (mum + baby) was around $16k before medisave deduction.

From the start I mentioned to my gynae that I want to opt for C-section as date can be planned and I do not want to worry about possibility of emergency c-section. Furthermore my aunt had prolapse uterine and urine incontinence after natural birth so I have this fear of it happening to me too. My gynae accepted my birth plan but still encourage me to consider natural. At week 37 my BP suddenly jump to 150++ but baby was still above cervix, she agreed that elective C-section was the best option.

The process was a breeze, I saw my baby around 20 mins into the procedure and my husband got to cut baby's umbilical cord. I was given paracetamol and synflex as painkiller, only felt pain when pushing myself to sit upright. Day 2 felt slight pain when walking but the more you walk the faster you recover. When I was discharged on day 4, I felt close to normal already. Continued painkiller for 10 days before I slowly wean off.

Ultimately I think you should just follow your heart to go with the birth plan you prefer but please be prepared that things might not go according. If you're flexible with your birth plan (eg emergency c-section when you opt for natural), you should be fine.

Back