MummyKC

In Dec 2017, I interviewed a nanny called "Yuki" (full name is Tan Shio Tain, EOD 1st July 1960, from Malaysia, passport ID A5xxx3491) at 3 Grange Garden, The Grange, Singapore. I was due in June 2018 and needed a nanny to look after my second son on in Australia (after my confinement lady leaves) as I'm stationed there for a couple of years. She was expected to come in mid July 2018. Initially she was hard to get through as she doesn't use WhatsApp and it took ages for her to reply my text messages. My confinement lady who introduced her (as they worked in the same building at 3 Grange Garden) had to remind her to get back to my message on air tix. Even though she was given more than six months notice, she kept pushing back the date of her arrival and said that her employer is unable to find someone and she has illegally overstayed two days in SG. After she finally got back to Malaysia and renewed her passport and I finally got her details to buy her air ticket, it was already mid July and my confinement lady has left and I'm left caring for my 2.5 yr old toddler and six weeks old baby after my second c section. The worst thing then hit me - her visa was deapproved by authorities. I asked her to consult the ambassy and she started to give me excuses that she went but the officer was not around and how she has to go back again the next day and waited for the same officer to review a case which she claimed was minor and is confident hat her ban could be lifted. This happened three days prior her flight on a Friday. I asked her for a daily update but everyday I was the one who have to ring her and she literally stopped taking my call or reply to my message. Her last conversation was on Thursday (day before departure to Australia) - "I'm at Singapore immigration, will call back later". Of course she never called back or explained the status of her visa. She did not even offer an apology for not been able to take my case due to her visa, or compensate me for the air ticket and more importantly the distress situation she put me through. One week later I was admitted to the hospital for emergency appendicitis and had an incision on my belly just seven weeks after my c section. My poor mother in her early 70s has to extend her stay and helped me in the night with feedings as I have difficulty getting out of my bed quickly. She did her best for me but have to leave tomorrow as she has health appointments back in SG which has already been deferred before. I just want to take this opportunity to warn mummies out there about this nanny since I'm sure she is back to Singapore to find a new job. How would you like to entrust your house and kid to a person with no integrity or trustworthiness? She is actually also registered with a local nanny agency. My confinement lady later learned about it and told me her episode with how Yuki tried to borrow a few thousand dollars from her on the pretext that she needs to fix her braces and need money to move house in Malaysia earlier in the year. I wished she had told me earlier as her actions are quesuonable since she isn't close to the confinement lady. A bit of Yuki background: she worked as nanny in Melbourne before and haven been working in Singapore for a year at 3 Grange Garden, The Grange for an Indian couple with two twin daughters. PLS DO NOT ENGAGE HER SERVICE!

Back