My 2years old toddler refused to eat.

LilyG

Hello Mummies out there, I'm currently very desperate seeking for some answers to at least soothe me a little bit. My daughter she is 2 years 9 months old. She just refused to eat anything that I have tried to offer. 1 week she will eat and the other week she will not eat anything except for drinking and keep asking for her milk (formula). I know she is hungry, from her crankiness so when I offered her varieties of foods, she simply refused to. Very picky indeed. Offered her chicken nuggets but she decide to
choose only to eat certain area of the
nugget. (Which I'm wondering what is
she choosing). I tried to do research and watch some videos at youtube, most of them said it's normal. All I need to know is, what about the nutrients in her? Is it sufficient with just drinking formula milk? Not eating anything at all.

As a mother, I'm worried for sure thinking is it healthy? She stopped drinking water too. I hope someone can help me... I have tried all the tips provided. But.... she still refused.

Dear mommy lilyg, we are in the same boat. My son 2 years 3 months also never eat. He can survive without food until 3pm everyday but still active. I also dont understand from where he get the energy. The only food he wanna eat only macdonald frenh fries and new zealand mango sorbet. Thats it. I tried pasta, noodles, all failed. Yes all the informations I got from internet they said as long the child healthy, active , no need to worry. Also thinking about the vitamin with gain appetite but also not sure it is good or not. Can be addictive or not. Need advice also here

Dear mommy lilyg, we are in the same boat. My son 2 years 3 months also never eat. He can survive without food until 3pm everyday but still active. I also dont understand from where he get the energy. The only food he wanna eat only macdonald frenh fries and new zealand mango sorbet. Thats it. I tried pasta, noodles, all failed. Yes all the informations I got from internet they said as long the child healthy, active , no need to worry. Also thinking about the vitamin with gain appetite but also not sure it is good or not. Can be addictive or not. Need advice also here

Mummy @novitahandoko , yes we really need an advice badly. At the mean time, I gave my daughter BlackMores Multi kids vitamin, specially for picky eaters. Believe to provide 18 essentials nutrients for picky eaters. I bought it at Guardian pharmacy. Maybe you can try to give your son some vitamins as well. Speaking of McDonald's French fries, same here! Basically only give in to french fries, plain white rice, plain bread and that's it. She used to eat banana alot but I guess now she get bored of it. Let's hope some other mummy's can advice us too. :)

Mummy @liliG, not sure if this might help but perhaps you could reduce French fries slowly so your child would feel hungry? and slowly give him like rice or other food?

Mummy @liliG, not sure if this might help but perhaps you could reduce French fries slowly so your child would feel hungry? and slowly give him like rice or other food?

Hi Mummy @Emerald08,

She's 3 now, and her eating habit has slightly increased, she ate white rice (and doesn't want any soup or anything to go along in it), I also make sure that she eat banana, white bread, French fries is still her favourite. And she also eat biscuits most of the time.. Rather than not eating anything, atleast she is eating something now. But still,no vegetables or proper meat intake. Went for checkup and the nurse said her weight is normal. Sometimes I feel frustrated cos I want to feed her foods like porridge and all... But I will keep trying again :)

Hi Mummy @Emerald08,

She's 3 now, and her eating habit has slightly increased, she ate white rice (and doesn't want any soup or anything to go along in it), I also make sure that she eat banana, white bread, French fries is still her favourite. And she also eat biscuits most of the time.. Rather than not eating anything, atleast she is eating something now. But still,no vegetables or proper meat intake. Went for checkup and the nurse said her weight is normal. Sometimes I feel frustrated cos I want to feed her foods like porridge and all... But I will keep trying again :)

Mine is picky too.. .
What I did that worked:
We made home made "nuggets": egg tofu plus minced chicken, mash together and fry in circular pieces.
Then we put them in macdonald boxes.
Yes, I special went to Mac to eat and asked for extra nugget boxes.
I would put the box of "nuggets" on the table casually and we will "pass by" it. Then My toddler will scream I want I want Mac!
And wala we got her to eat egg tofu chicken nuggets.
On some days it was fish mixed in it.
This worked for me. Then she gradually became ok w the "nuggets" served on her plate. No box needed.
Hope this helps.
With toddlers really need to "geng" outwit outlast...

Mine is picky too.. .
What I did that worked:
We made home made "nuggets": egg tofu plus minced chicken, mash together and fry in circular pieces.
I would put the box of "nuggets" on the table casually and we will "pass by" it. Then My toddler will scream I want I want Mac!
This worked for me. Then she gradually became ok w the "nuggets" served on her plate. No box needed.
Hope this helps.
Mine is picky too.. .
What I did that worked:
Hope this helps.
Hi! So just minced chicken or fish with egg tofu, so fry it with dipping it in the egg? I will give it a try today, she's 3 now but still picky.

Hi! So just minced chicken or fish with egg tofu, so fry it with dipping it in the egg? I will give it a try today, she's 3 now but still picky.
Yes dip in egg then fry.
Comes out golden brown. Just like nuggets.
Recently we bought cod fish fingers. That worked too.

Yes dip in egg then fry.
Comes out golden brown. Just like nuggets.
Recently we bought cod fish fingers. That worked too.

I have tried as the way u mention, sigh she dont seem to like it. No worries I'll keep trying! Thanks for ur suggestion :)

I think the Mac box was the critical factor....

We also made sotong you tiao recently.

Of cos she's alrd used to eating you tiao.
We bought packet sotong paste, cut the you tiao and put paste in. We then use air fryer to fry.
My girl liked it so much she exclaim "I want eat ALL finish." Pointing to he whole plate. Till the extent she was so upset when I took one piece to eat.
For this we let her hold herself and eat. She was quite happy eating it in one hand and keeping a keen eye on the rest of the you tiao on the plate.

I have tried as the way u mention, sigh she dont seem to like it. No worries I'll keep trying! Thanks for ur suggestion :)

Another recent success is Quaker chocolate chip cookies with oats.

Dunno how my toddler found videos on you tube of kids eating cookies then she asked for it.
The Quaker ones have oats in them. So I comfort myself that they are healthier lah... She wld take a few for breakfast.

Make meal-time more interesting by playing some games with your kid. Kids love to play, and they will definitely eat when they see anything interesting.

Back