Mummies with 2007 babies in Sengkang

My boy (20mths) also kena HFMD last week, was given a MC from 02 April - 11th April (11 days), really no idea where he gotta this HFMD when he wasnt even in the ccc yet.

The first 2-3days was really very jialat, refuse to eat and drink... i gave ice-cream,sorbet, soft porridge and sweet cool delrosa...

Went to Family Clinic - Dr Lee and he was so quick to tell us that it was HFMD !!!! Tonight supposed to see him again to get the clearance letter.

GUG need the letter in order for my boy to join the class on sat. Sigh !

oh dear, sorry to hear about babies getting HFMD. Hope all recover well and stay healthy!

Littlefly - hope Lex is well. Last I heard the HFMD situation is short of 12 cases to hit the epidemic level? I think it's scary, esp when so many kiddos are in childcare and schools. Really easy to catch the bugs. I also try to clean Mattheaus's hands as much as I can when we go out, cos he likes to smell his hands. Weird, but true. So I am also scared.

Jenn - hope your boy gets well soon! You take care too...

My boy also just recovered from gastro (stomach flu) last week. He was down with diarrhoea for almost 2 weeks. I also dunno where he caught it from cos he doesnt attend childcare, no one at home is sick, and I havent given him any special food. He lost so much weight I also sim tia.

Hope all kids stay healthy and happy! No more bugs!

Jenn - hope ur boy is ok now and fit for school! oh, ur boy is about same age as Lex
happy.gif

It started with fever then next day the red spots start appearing. Hb even argued that it was only heat rashes and I demanded that he took the q at Kids Clinic (sat morn). Glad he did coz later the blisters appearing on the lower lips and hb went quiet. Quite an unwanted experience for us.
sad.gif

Mattmum, hope Matt is back to eating well by now. I think could be our tots like to put things in their mouths at this stage. Did he has the rotavirus ? I think that may help to fend out the viruses abit...

Yes, hope all stay healthy! No more HFMD and no more bugs!

Jenn - hope ur boy is ok now and fit for school! oh, ur boy is about same age as Lex
happy.gif

It started with fever then next day the red spots start appearing. Hb even argued that it was only heat rashes and I demanded that he took the q at Kids Clinic (sat morn). Glad he did coz later the blisters appearing on the lower lips and hb went quiet. Quite an unwanted experience for us.
sad.gif

Mattmum, hope Matt is back to eating well by now. I think could be our tots like to put things in their mouths at this stage. Did he has the rotavirus ? I think that may help to fend out the viruses abit...

Yes, hope all stay healthy! No more HFMD and no more bugs!

Getting not that busy at work...maybe it is a sign i maybe next on chopping board..
sad.gif

Its like the calm before the storm.

Any mummy here sending ur dds to ccc / playgroups ? I am have to source for alternatives ccc if that happens as my current one is near my mum's place instead of being at SengKang.

Any recommendations / comments?

Thanks!

Little Fly,
My boy just went to Playgroup @ amazing star montessori house (Former Gingerbread skhhouse) on 15th April, ytday was the 4th day only and he fall sick, down with fever and flu.

Jenn, hope ur dd is better now. Are you sending him on trial only? My boy went through the stablization period for his first month and he was often sick.... Hope i don't have to change his CCC as he's quite happy there now and the teachers are great.

Meanwhile, take care yah.

hi ladies! havent visited this thread for some time!
how's all the babies doing?
I'm thinking of sending my boy to talent plus playgroup in July. any feedback?

Hi nateM
I just went to a few centre, hoping to entrol my gal but all full!!

Anyone's child's playgroup still got vancancy? I need ard sengkang
happy.gif

leftbraini,
I had enrolled him for the full day session. $450 after $300 subsidary. Is a child care centre

Little Fly,
Nope, i didnt go thru the trial..i was only with him for the 1st day till 12pm, 2nd day till 3pm(after shower and nap) and 3rd day till 5pm (cos 3.30 - 5pm is montessori teaching.....

Well, after the 4th day in ccc, my boy was down with fever, flu and cough... and was at home for 3 days...

Hihi Jenn,

Noted with thanks. Sick after 4th day: think is a passing phrase for kids to build his immunity system.... New environmt, more kids = more virus :p

Hi leftbraini
U are most welcome, so have your source for ccc oleidi? Seem that SK very popular, very fast all taken up oleidi....

Jendome,
I havent... wanna shortlist 1st
V fast all taken = bobian put on waitlist
sad.gif

Mummies, plz let us know if your child's playgroup still got vancancy? Thanks

Hi. I have enrolled my son at Tots House near 121A. I think still have vacancy for 2007. If your child is going there, please PM me. Maybe we can let our children meet before start of school.

hi eliz, i'm not sure if rivervale crescent is near rivervale walk. there's a talent plus play group at block 110 rivervale walk. they should have vacancies cos there's 2 classes. 9 to 11am and 11.15am to 1.15pm

Heard Rivervale Walk - Blk 131 there got one childcare centre which have 3 vacany for toddlers. Is a newly-open childcare centre. Full day only $390 after $300 subsidy

Thanks NateM and Jenn
I may have to shift to Jurong as Office is shifting there.
With hubby alrdy working at Jurong, no reason to travel thru & fro everyday
sad.gif

Dear Mummies,

Im staying at SK n hv a 2.5 yr old boy. May I know if anyone is sending your kids for swimming lesson? Im thinking for sending my son and is looking for existing swimming group @ SK swimming pool to join coz it's cheaper.

eliz, Jurong is indeed really far! dunno if the market now is good for property. hope u can get a good deal!

uglyduckling, u check your letterbox? i frequently receive flyers on swimming for kids but i don't keep cos my boy still small.

Just to share, my cousin just enroll her son (24 mths) last week at this centre as I heard from her, still have 2 vacanies. Full day after subsidy cost $290.00

Centre Name SHEFFIELD KIDSWORLD
Address 131, RIVERVALE STREET, #01 - 868, SINGAPORE 540131
Telephone 63843203

Eliz,
Oh dear... Jurong is reall very far loh..... so when u target to sell ur flat? In that case, maybe u want to consider to find a ccc in Jurong instead (For long time basis)

Hi Jenn
Yup, super far!! No choice, hubby and myself now works at jurong.
No reason to travel to and fro sengkang.

Looking for cc in Jurong already.. Super headache..
I have never lived in the west before
sad.gif

Hi Mummies

I had one worrry here about my son who is born in Jan 07.
I believe that all your children here are able to call 'papa', 'mama', 'mum mum' etc or maybe can even speak more.
But my son is unable to talk, he can only say 'papa' now and could not even say 'mama'. I am wondering is there anything wrong with him? Can any mummies give me suggestions as how I am going to help him in this area or any recommendation in good pd?

sadwoman
sorry i don't have any pd to recommend to you cos my son don't go pd, only GP. i think it is important to seek out professional advice if you have any concerns for your child. just in case intervention is required, it is better to start early. you can PM me if you wanna talk to someone.

eliz
how's your househunting or have you moved already? just read on papers that resale flats prices UP!

Hi nateM
I'm still at sengkang!! hahahaa..
As u said, resale flats are up! I'm gona appeal to sell my unit instead
happy.gif

Hi I'm not active in this thread but just wondering if anyone here is staying near Bakau LRT. Am keen to start letting my 18 months old meet some friends of his age on a regular basis. Please PM me if you are keen. Thanks.

hi sadwoman,

i can understand yr anxiety. wld u like to try my son's PD? she's A/Prof Denise Goh, she's a senior consultant with NUH.

my son is referred to her when he was due for his cataracts surgeries when he's juz 3 & 4 mths old & is still being followup by her now.

i find her very detailed, very patient (i always overload her with tons of qns) & very understanding too towards my anxiety. best of all, i find her very dedicated to my son's overall well being (she even replies my emails... haha).

i have attached her profile here for your easy reference http://www.nuh.com.sg/nuhwebdirectorysearch/resume3.aspx?recID=-2147478822

if u r interested, u might want to call up NUH for more info.

do feel free to PM me too if i can be of any further help
happy.gif

Mummies here,
May i know if there is any good TCM chinese doctor in SK area? Would like to switch my boy to TCM cos he has been coughing,having running nose more frequently since the day he go to ccc...
Thx

Hi Jenn

My boy has been falling sick v often after gg ccc, almost a visit to the PD every 2-3weeks. The fridge is littered with all diff medications for cough, flu..

I even had a blood test did on him on his low immunity. It seems like they get affected v easily.

Are you giving him any supplements? I am trying out by giving cod liver oil now and my gf told me she used to give her kids sambucol.

Hello mummies! Been a long time...hope all mummies and babies are well and happy! Stay healthy amidst the H1N1 crisis!
happy.gif

Hope everyone had a good national day holiday...

Hi all mummies,
I'm new to this thread. My girl is coming to 24 mths and I dun know anything about Playgroup. All these stuff are new to me. I just panicked when my friends told me about playgroup. Have anybody heard of Talent Plus at Blk 152? Or Tot House at Blk 193? These are cheap though housed at RC..I saw a thread on SK MMI but so many complaints...

dear mommies-long time since I'm here!

nateM-I rem we share very near EDD rite, how's ur baby now??

Eliz,sunnypiglet-my friend enrolled his kid in TalentPlus for quite sometime le but he say they don't have much 'writing' activities?? so he opting his kid out and go to tots hse next year...

re:playgroup
Any comments abt Sunflower PG at Sengkang CC ??

bunnybluey-not sure if u r still active here, but just saw Jake and his dad yesterday evening in the lift.. wow he's such a big boy now..
happy.gif

Eliz-hihi.. so how's ur sourcing now??..
You SAHM or FTWM? how come now sourcing for CC??

my boy is 29mths.. hehe..

Hi Enne
I'm a FTWM. My gal has been with my MIL all this while and was planning to send her to childcare next year.
But my gal had very bad bites yty and it swelled till like pig head and yet she didn't call me to inform me!!
My FIL had just passed away and so maybe my MIL is not quite in the right mind frame to look after my gal.
So urgently need to find a childcare now
sad.gif

Very angry with my helper too as she didn't call me. Just don't understand what they are thinking!

Eliz-sounds bad, my boy previously had bad bites which swells like pighead too!! think poisonous mosquitoes!! seen doc? i think doc shd give calamine lotion and another cream to apply, will be alright after ard a week.

Sorry to hear abt ur FIL but i think u r rite, maybe better to let ur gal go CC now.. u haven't been able to find one, u mean no vacancy huh??

Hi Enne

Yup, went twice! Heee..

Peds say bad reaction to insect bites, shdn't be mosquitoes.

Got antibodies and cream..

CC - I didn't really look ard but now must start already.

Eliz-haha tats wad the doc say too but my MIL say its posionous mosquitoes.. kekeke so just take it as tat.. quite jialat rite.. tat time.. i saw my boy's 'pighead' hand.. i burst out in tears.. coz looks so 'deformed'..

Which area u staying? I think rivervale side a lot of CCs hor..

Enne
Me too. Coz just don't looked like my gal!
Luckily she doesn't seemed to be in much pain and was still as cheeky and playful.
The swell went down alot this morning already. Phew!

I'm at Rivervale Crescent.
There is alot cc ard here but i don't know which is good!! Headache ah..

Eliz-take 1 day off go walk walk around the CC, get the pricing, check out the environment and also vacancy??!! then u can decide lo.. now she's 25mths.. most prob will be consider nursery next year le ba..

our friend 'bunz' she enrolled her kid in cherie hearts, heard not bad. did u consider that??

Back