Mummies with 2007 babies in Sengkang

Hi jen,

On behalf of Florence for the toothbrush.

Amount S$8.00
Transaction Reference 1872126789

I will come collect tonight together with my OTC items hor.

Thanks.

Hello Mummies!!!

Would like to share this with you... I've tried and quite impressed. Some more very cheap only $2.90 for 30 pcs of pics + flipbook.

https://www4.snapfish.com.sg/gifts/product=photo-flipbook

It cost $2.90 include postage and printing for the 30pages 4R flipbook.
Just need to register and upload the photos at snapfish.

IMPORTANT :
1 Click create flipbook
2 When check out, type "FREEFLIP" in the coupon area. If you don't type this then u only have the photo printouts only without the flipbook.

Only 1 flipbook is allowed for each household. Hurry. Prom only limited period…

Cheers!!

Hi,
Just want to let you beware.
I bought 2 boxes of the HT cereals from Carrefour (Plaza Sing) last week. Just opened yesterday, all the 2 boxes got a lot of flying insects in them. So maybe for awhile, dont buy from Carrefour.
fyi

bunnybluey
No thanks for the cherry flavour. Cos is a new thing for my boy, i also not sure whether he is acceptable for cherry flavour. Both my colleagues only want corn flavour ley.

As for sunscreen, no loh, i didnt expect the sun to be so strong !!!!! So i am darker now and that is the fact... ha ha ha

mattmum, pls refer to tis link for e 1st teeth - http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/1677307.html?1220594704, hv both blue & pink brush. as for e cherry flavour, i now left w 3 unreserved bottles.

mattmum/jenn, not true tha boy doesn't take e cherry flavour, u might be surprised by them. i went zoo with some of my jun 07 mummies, so i took out both flavours & offered to our lit tods. there were 2 boys, incl my son, & 2 gers. guess wat, according to e other mummy, her boy had lost interest in e gerber puffs, sick of them liao, he doesn't take them at all at hme, but he actually took during e zoo trip & cldn't stop helping himself. i poured into e container tha e other mummy had, which aredi had e apple strawberry flavour (i tink), so there's 3 flavours in it, incl e cherry & sweet corn. wat do u tink is his favourite choice??? he wld purposely choose all e cherry ones, no more left, then choose sweet corn. as for my boy, he gave me funny look when i gave him for e 1st few times b4 e zoo trip, so thot he din like e cherry flavour, to my surprise, at e zoo trip, he was going woo woo yah yah over it, he wld sort of scream at me if he c tha i pour both e flavours into other pp's container. now, sometimes, he doesn't finish his food jar, so wld put a puff on it & he wld eat, my goodness! but no choice, at least, he finished up e food.

janet, did u feedback to carrefour & get them to refund u? maybe, it wld be gd to highlight tis to env, hopefully tha they wld investigate as tis is not e 1st time i hrd abt it. there was once, 1 of my jun 07 mummies joined me in e HT BP, she opened up 1 box & aso hv lots of flying insects in it.

eliz, hv rcvd ur trsf. as i've told u on wed, thu going to mum's plc for dinner, so wld reach hme even later. tonite, i wld be hme by 9.30pm.

Vamiga, Mattmum, i'm still stayg at SK. Need to put my boy at infant care at AMK which is near by Mum's place in case I can't reach there in time to fetch him back. Its a mad rush everyday travellg fr SK to AMK then to my wrkplace at RP! Dunno if its due to stress startg school at new place, my boy was not well the entire mth! his med bottles lined my fridge! He still cry every mrng when i left him there but i hv no choice. I am thkg of getting a part-time nanny who could fetch him home earlier from school or take care of him when he is sick as an alternative to my mum. There so much help my mum could render and I cannot bear to worn her out as she is oso working.

Hv not heard from Bunz for quite a while. I think her boy oso in infant care.

Florence, who is takg care of your kids when u return to wrk? i tot u were oso SAHM like me previously.

Bunnybluey, Mattmum, yes, so fast, Lex is over 1yr alredi! we had simple dinner with frens and family only. It was a terribly busy mth visiting his PD and GP almost every few days! Even Dr Tan from Kids clinic said Lex shouldn't be visiting her this often!
proud.gif
I tried to buy vitamin C drips (recommended by my gf to boost his immunity) from the pharmacy but was told this product was no longer selling.

Bluepearl - do you know if there are female swimming instructors giving lessons there at the SK pool? Wanted to start learn swimming...

Little Fly : I am a working mummy. My mum used to look after my kids and fetch my son to and fro school but she is getting old and fall sick more easily compared to last time , so my sis and I both got a maid to look after our kids.

My son goes to a school in RP , so he goes to and fro school with me . hehe.

Hi Little Fly

My son is having his swimming lesson with this instructor in SK swimming pool every Sat morning.. His name is Kevin, contacts : 97586321.

Every 4 lesson, $50.. If the particular mth has 5 weeks, the last week will be off. You can try to call him, he's very friendly...

This mth i took off for my son cause i'm training him to fast, so will continue in Oct..

kao_smile.gif

eliz, no prob. i aso paiseh, cldn't meet u on wed & thu. wed i reached hme 10+pm, so din sms u; thu ard 10pm then left mum's plc.

littlefly, oh dear, sorry to hear tha Lex has been visting PD & GP frequently, wat happened to him? is he better now? ur PD aso Dr Allyson Tan? mine too. we aso brought jake to c him last wk, waited for 5hrs! jake is nothing serious at e moment but he's having sensitive nose, so taking anti-allergy med, if still dun improve or recur frequently, may need to use nose drop, which Dr Tan dun recommend now as it contained steriod.

mummies who joined me for gerber puff sprees, i've paid for e shipping fees, items expected to be delivered to me in e coming wk, so shd be able to start distributing tis weekend. as tis spree r all gerber puffs, so can work out e shipping fees veri fast, no need to wait for e items to arrive at my plc, so u can tt me e shipping fees 1st, once items r here, u can start to collect liao. i've aso emailed u but u can refer to http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/1672161.html?1220508151

i've started e following sprees, join me if keen.

Amazon #5 (Books/DVDs/CDs) - http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/1693009.html?1220661330

GAP/ON #6 - http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/1696410.html?1220787881

Kidsurplus #4 - http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/1695637.html?1220729140

Hi Littlefly,

Is Lex's infantcare centre aircon? Their immunity r still low, so the chances of catching the germs from other babies who r falling sick/recovering in an enclosed environment & sharing the same care-givers as them, r high.

Perhaps u wanna consider a full-time nanny near ur place instead of a part-timer+infant care centre?

At their age, their separation & stranger anxiety levels r v high yet they can't understand fully why they are being cared for in a strange environment by strangers. So by introducing more care-givers at this age will stress them even more.

Personally, I am not for infant care nor childcare after Jx being thru childcare from 2-4.5yo. Prior to that, when he was 10mo, we did visit a few infant care to assess their potential as an alternative to sending maid & him to my mum's place. I can't bear it when babies were left crying in their cots during our visits. Some may say that this is to instil discipline/making them less sticky etc, but i feel that prior to them being able to understand verbal words fully, touch is v important to babies.

I always believe education is secondary for young children, and only after basic care is met. What's more inportant is a happy & healthy childhood.

hi ladies, anyone using avent bottles? i'm tinking of spreeing e 9oz bpa free bottles fr drugstore.com as spore dun hv, it's US$18.99 for 2 bottles, got a US$10 off orders >= US$100, so abt 5% disc if cap at 10 sets, ea set wld be US$18 (before adding intl shipping fees). wld be trying out HSBC iDEALS, so got shipping rebates for that.

Eliz
Was reading one of the first few posts on this page..think u mention it to someone....keke

12th...hw abt u?

Hi Moms and Dads,
I'm a daddy to my 9month old son... and my wifey's a SAHM as well
happy.gif
Reckon this forum is flooded with moms. Will definitely ask wifey to pop by this forum, provided she has time
happy.gif

Just pop by to say 'Hi!' Will be reading this thread for awhile as it stretches up to a few archives!

Thank you!

Thanks Bluepearl for the contact. When my son is feeling better and stronger, I will consider sending him for swimming lessons.

Bunnybluey, yes. We saw Dr Tan at 10pm at night (just before they close) coz can only bring him to PD after work. Took queue #, go home, bath him, took dinner and wait for their call to bring him back.

Florence, do you have anyone at home to watch over the maid while you were at work? I think got childcare facilities in RP coz saw some parents bringing their todds but not sure where.

Vamiga, his IFC is non-air con. I think the center is very well managed and they are very strict about not admitting sick bbies. Hence we don't have resource buffer so its not optimal for us so we are still thinking of other alternatives like half IFC, half Nanny etc. Headache ah.... the good thing is he has sorta of settled into the place and familarized himself with the caretakers but downpoint is got to restart the whole cycle again if we were to switch. Arrghh...

Little Fly : No , My maid is with my daughter alone. My son is schooling at raffles mmi now. hehe. He goes to and fro school with me.

steffi, welcome to this thread!

daddy chris, welcome to this thread too! tho is a motherhood forum, doesn't mean tha daddy can't join.

littlefly, so is Lex ok now?

both my GAP items stated above reserved liao.

<font color="ff6000">Little Fly</font>,
Hope your boy is getting better...I can understand it's not easy when the kids are sick especially when they are in Child care / infant care... Had experience that before with my 2 elder kids. I had to take a few days leave when the 2 kids fell sick and the child care did not allow sick children to attend school lest they infect other kids.. When i had my #3 , I had to resort to hiring maid instead....

Welcome <font color="119911">Chris!!!</font> Nice to have a daddy in this thread. Maybe we need some man's opinion sometimes???

Hi!
Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies...
I'll remain very nonpartisan with my opinions as I wouldn't want to incur the wrath of the mummies here, or any ladies for that matter!

hehe....

Thanks Bunnybluey, Bluepearl. Lex is off medication now and back to school. He is still coughing on and off at time so we wake up a few times to pat him back to sleep.

Nevertheless, I think i need a 'backup' strategy coz kids are rather unpredictable. No one knows any nanny staying around rivervale crescent ?

Any mummies staying in Rivervale Crescent between Blk 153 - Blk 156 ?? Wanna to have a "mini" gathering at the playground on this sunday night, the lantern festival ???

Welcome Steffi &amp; Chris.

Hi Jenn,

Would love to join u but we wont be back till mid-week. So will b celebrating the festival in HK instead. It's a big thing here, w a public hol to boot! Will b going to the celebration at Victoria Park this weekend but w/o Jb, as he usually zz ard 7.30pm.

Just curious, what time do all your bb sleep?

Jenn
I shd be downstairs with my 2 kids. In-laws will be coming over to celebrate the festival.

Vamiga
My boi sleeps at ard 9pm every nite. His 'music' will start if we do not put him to bed at that time...

Hello mummies and daddy,
Just recieved email from HR about the enhanced leave for maternity and childcare. A much needed news to perk up my lousy Friday morning though...

We are pleased to inform you that XXX will extend the enhanced Childcare, Maternity, Infant Care and Adoption Leave provisions to all eligible employees, including parents of non Singaporean babies and children.

This is over and above the provisions of the Singapore government which cover only Singaporean babies and children. This reflects XXX pro-family culture for the benefit of our employees.

In keeping with the guidelines, the enhanced leaves have been effected from 17 August 2008 as follows:
· For Maternity Leave, mothers of all babies born on 17 August 08 and thereafter will enjoy the enhanced maternity benefit of 16 weeks of which the last 8 weeks can be taken flexibly within 12 months from the date of confinement. To be eligible for this benefit, our female colleagues need to be in service for at least 90 days instead of the previously stipulated 180 days.
·
For Childcare Leave, the total provision for 2008 is 3 days which comprises the current 2 days plus the additional 1 day which is pro-rated from 17 Aug to 31 Dec 2008. From 2009 onwards, it will be 6 days per year

· For Unpaid Infant Care Leave, the total provision for 2008 is 3 days which is pro-rated from 17 Aug to 31 Dec 08. From 2009 onwards, it will be 6 days per year

· For Adoption Leave, the government has removed the birth order restriction from the list of criteria for Adoption Leave. Even if the mother has four or more other living children, she can be eligible.

All other terms and conditions of the enhanced benefits will be per government stipulations and our current HR policies. We will only update our HR policies to reflect the changes after government legislation is passed (anticipated to be in Oct\Nov 08) and when the government announces details of the childcare reimbursement claim procedure (anticipated to be Jan 09).

Please note that XX eLeave system has been updated to reflect the latest changes for Childcare Leave and Maternity Leave, so you can use the system to apply for your leave with immediate effect. As for Unpaid Infant Care Leave, the XX consultant is working on adding it to the program. Meantime, should you need to apply for Infant Care Leave, kindly apply using the hard copy leave form on XX.

bounce.gif

Hi Vamiga
My gal (13mths) sleeps at 10pm.

Little Fly
Haaa.. I'm not sure. Doesn't matter mah.. Free go to the playground too lar.
Too bad i cannot join.. How abt change to sat?? Haaa...

bluepearl, ur comp so gd, extending e benefits to all employees incl non Singaporean, tha mean ur comp paying for them as e govt wun be paying.

those who joined in e gerber puffs spree, note tha e puffs r w me liao, can arrange w me to collect tis sat/sun, 10am-12noon or nxt mon, 9.30-10.30pm.

Hi Steffi,
I was at the playground around 8plus on sunday evening, but was abit raining, so just stay for 10min and we left the playground le.....

Bluepearl, yet to contact the instructor. Waitg for my boy to be fully recovered first coz he back on cough medication....aarrrgh. And yr co v pro-family. So good.

Eliz - din get a lantern for my boy this year. We went to rivervale plaza to shop for one but found those too big for him. Its like half his size - hahaha. Prob next year when he can walk/ run.

Little Fly,
It's ok, you can take your time to call the instructor. It's better to let your boy recover fully 1st...

Little Fly and Bunnybluey,
My co is US MNC so they quite pro family..follow the corporate side mah... that's why I've been here for 9 years haha..senior citizen down here already..
happy.gif

Little Fly,
It's ok, you can take your time to call the instructor. It's better to let your boy recover fully 1st...

Little Fly and Bunnybluey,
My co is US MNC so they quite pro family..follow the corporate side mah... that's why I've been here for 9 years haha..senior citizen down here already..
happy.gif

bluepearl, my co not US MNC but i've been ard for 8yrs+ liao, aso snr citizen liao! hahaha...

wonder wat happened to all e archives???

Hi hi all,
Let me do a little intro.. Im a SAHM who came bk from overseas for 2 months now wif a daughter who had juz turned 1 last week.
Its great to see so many friendly and helpful mommies here. Hope to learn and share more info with more mommies here.. Cheers!

Hi everybody,
I'm back!!
happy.gif

Still trying to settle down &amp; Jx has so much homework backlog to catch up. *gasp*gasp*

Hello Julia,
Where have u been &amp; for how long?
Settled down?
My boys r 5yo &amp; 14mo.

Thanks Bunnybluey!

Hi Vamiga,
How's ur trip? muz be fun rite?
I've been in Israel for near 3 yrs. Gt back in July and I think more or less hv settled dwn. Juz that still trying to "adapt" to neighbour's cigarette smell every single day. Haiz..

Hi Julia,
Wow, Israel!
What an exotic country!
happy.gif

Was ur gal delivered there as well or do u fly back to S'pore?

Yucks! Cigarette smell!!
We always have to close our main door whenever my next door neighbour smoke too. Doesn't help that the grandpa is home whole day &amp; thing get worse when his 2 sons r at home as well. Don't understand how they can smoke ard when they have a 2yo at home.

We were in HK for a month, just nice to have a taste of expat living w/o getting bored. The pollution is really bad soon after Beijing Olympics was over.

Back