Mummies with 2007 babies in Sengkang

Hi Littlefly,
I'm also a FTWM with 3 kids to juggle and only have my maid to take care of them in the day... nice to c u!!
Btw, i brought the kids to the new swimming pool yesterday. Initial turn off was the 'out of order' ticketing machine that left us in a big long queue cos only 1 out of 3 ticketing machine was working.
However, once we were inside all the unhappiness was forgotten cos mommy and kids were very excited. I managed to secure 2 namecards for the swimming class for my boy though, and gonna start the class tis coming satuday morning. Actually not that difficult cos there are a few swimming instructors who were giving out cards for swimming lesson...
For me I'll either swim once a week at the indoor pool or try out the new Clubfitt gym there..
Check this place out mommies!!

Hi Littlefly,
Who is taking care of ur boy when u r at work?

Hi Bluepearl,
The indoor pool is such a god-sent hor?
happy.gif

Is it v crowded during weekend?

I reccee the gym but lots of guys were pumping irons so i dont really feel comfortable. Think the place abit small but for $2.50 per unlimited visit, cannot complain lah.

I m thinking of enrolling Jx into a Wushu class though. Anchorvale cc has an on-going class but I'll prefer a place closer to home. Used to have a class at the basketball court near my place but didn't c them ard anymore.
Did any1 of u has any lobang?

Halo mummies....

Vamiga - Haha read yr self-intro after I have posted my Q...
Sengkang CC oso have wushu class
happy.gif

Bluepearl - Welcome... sori missed out yr 1st intro post too...

A late welcome to Vamiga and Bluepearl.

Hi Bunnybluey,
I had PM you to check if you still have available first teeth. Hope that you have received it.

Re: Seng Kang New Swimming Pool
I have not let my ds to try swimming yet. For first swim, wat to look out for. I afraid my boy will afraid of getting into the water. Any mummies can advise me, please.

Thanks.

Tigress,

Have you went to tumbletots at Tampines yet?
I had not ... *hazi* ... coz my boy down with fever and cough and running nose again ... every month he falls sick ... My boy's PD will be very happy ... becoz every mth we get see her .. hahhaha...

Vamiga,
Ya lor.. A God send indeed cos u dun hv to apply the sunblock
happy.gif
and worry about tanned skin. haha...

Littleoink,
Hello!!! Same to me, my kids every month also fall sick, one after another and I'm always the last one to catch their virus... Recently been going to the PD downstairs (Rivervale Mall) quite often... Luckily can claim from my company..
happy.gif

Yo! Bluepearl,
I think I got my boy virus liao. Hv running nose when came to work this morning. Now, drinking a lot of water .. hopefully ... will keep the virus away ...

Your PD is Kids clinic at Rivervale Mall? Me too ... Where do you live? Seem like we stay very near leh ...
happy.gif

Littleoink,
Yup! Dr. Lilian from the Kids Clinic. She's also the PD that checked on my daughter when I gave birth to her at Eastshore last year. I continue to visit her cos my bb was a small baby (2.080kg at birth)... But now she's bigger (~8kg) so the Doc. was quite surprise at the rate she's growing
happy.gif

Btw, I stay @ blk 196, very convenient to the Rivervale Mall.. U stay nearby?

Lynn_Tan,
Hello to you!!

To all mommies,
Don't know if I have missed any discussion. But anybody know where to get cheaper diaper other than from NTUC? Cos the neighbourhood that i used to stay (CCK), there's one sinseh shop which sells cheaper diapers and milk powder but not sure whether in Sengkang they have similar shop. Cos I'm quite new to this estate, moved in just over 1 year ago....

Thanks!!

Hi Bluepearl,
Welcome to SK!

You can try the medical shop at Rivervale Plaza.

By the way, i'm staying at Blk 155.
My gal's PD is Dr Lilian too but really can't stand the long wait!!

Cheers
happy.gif

Bluepearl,

My boy PD at Kids Clinic also Dr Lilian leh. Agreed that the wait is long. Can ask them to call you when it is nearer to your turn and then go down. Anther PD that we visit for vaccination is his first PD at TMC, that is Dr Ong E K.

Eliz is rite, the medical shop at Rivervale Plaza got the cheaper diaper and FM. You can try to get from there.

I staying at BLK 151 ... near to rivervale Mall too.

Hi Eliz and littleoink,
thanks for the info abt diapers and FM...
so we have a common PD...

so glad all of us are well now unlike the past 2 weeks when the virus circulate among myself, hubby and 3 kids. Surprisingly my maid never got sick leh!!

Btw, my bb turning 1 tis Sep but sadly cant throw bdy party for her cos it's fasting month
sad.gif
Maybe will just buy her a small cake.
Remind me of last yr when i give birth in the middle of fasting month then got to forgo all the temptation of not eating my favourite lontong, rendang and those sinful stuff...sigh

To all mommies with Aug-Dec babies: Happy 1st upcoming Birthday!!!

Greetings to bluepearl
happy.gif

Wow...so many posts suddenly...

Vamiga - me also SAHM...for about 4 months now. Prior to that I was WAHM for about 6 months after I quit my fulltime job upon returning from maternity leave.

bunnybluey - was great meeting you that day...and Jake for the first time. He's very adorable! Btw, aiyo, my boy LOVES the choco Hugga Bear cookies! He just wants to eat them all the time! Once he starts, he cannot stop! But the cookies are pretty big, so I only let him eat about 2-3 pieces each time. I also find it quite yummy, so I also help to eat abit when he eats...haha. Expiring very soon! And still have 1 box of honey cookies left. I have a feeling Mattheaus will not like the honey cookies as much as the choco ones. Hahaha...maybe ask my hb to eat! Like you, I also bring the jars when we go out...very convenient - I usually ask the restaurant we're eating at to bring us a big bowl of hot water to warm the jars in...and they're ready. So how was your trip to KL?

littleoink - hope you are feeling better...you considered letting your boy take flu jab to minimise him getting sick so often?

I am letting my boy take the flu jab next month, and my hb and I taking the jab ourselves too, because everytime one of us gets it, we pass to one another...and Mattheaus usually takes very long to recover. Also, we are taking him to Japan in October, so taking whatever jabs he can get...not taking any chances!

littlefly - How are you celebrating Lex's bday? So fast hor...
happy.gif

Did someone say there is a new mkt in SK? Where is it again? Is it bigger than the current one at RV Plaza?

re: new SK swimming pool
Great news! Will certainly pop by with my boy one of these days...Wah got indoor pool somemore.

Thanks, Lynn!
Will check out the wushu in sk cc. At least nearer 4 us.
Btw, r u THE Lynn_Tan in m4m?

Hi Little-oink,
U can let ur baby take the lead into the pool by going near the edge of the pool 1st, let him touch the water, ok liao, then bring him down by the step slowly, letting him adjust to the sensation & coldness.
Some babies might cry when they submerged into water initially bcos shocking cold to them but can try make them feel secured by hugging them closely to ur body & distract them w bathing toys.

Hi Bluepearl,
How abt having a bday party b4 the actual bday & fasting month to celebrate in advance?
I celebrated my elder son's 4th bday >1 mth in advance last yr bcos i worried i will deliver 3 weeks earlier than EDD again. Turned out baby was 2 weeks late.
hahahaa...:b

Hi Mattmum,
I'm also a SAHM only for the past yr after delivering #2.
happy.gif

For children taking flu jab 4 the 1st time, they need 2 doses, 1 mth apart. So u might have to let him take the 1st jab soon, as it will take 2 weeks for 2nd jab to be effective.
There was a shortage fr all suppliers in July, so my 2 sons' were lapsed almost 2 mths while i called ard the clinics in SK, Hougang & AMK.

Finally found a different brand (it doesn't matter, as jabs r generic) at our PD but it charges $55 per jab compared to $25 by our GP. *faint*

Fortunately, hubby's company allows us to claim, else I'll have to bring them all the way to Raffles Medical at T3.

The new wet mkt will b ready end of the year near compasspoint & shell petrol station. Rt now is just an open field.
happy.gif

Not sure abt the size but finally! govt u-turned to build a wet mkt after insisting on years of "dry" mkts.
hehehehee...

Did a mini price survey of HT at Fairprice Finest Thomson Plaza this pm.
Arrowroot cookies at $5.60.
Hugga Bear at $7.03
additional 5% discount if u use Citibank SMRT card.

Vamiga - yeah, I am aware of the 2 doses for flu jab...wanted to let him take it 2 weeks ago when we brought him for his 1st year assessment, but becos he already took chickenpox and pneumo that day, his pd said flu jab have to wait for 1 month later loh no choice. And both jabs have to be 1 month in-between, so no choice have to do 1 in Sep and 1 in Oct about 1 week before we leave...hope it's ok bah. Really ah, there was a shortage in Jul? But we're taking all his jabs at Raffles children's clinic so I think should be ok there.

Re: wet market
Maybe govt feels SK is a young estate with many young families who may not patronise wet markets...haha. But, good to have wet market again! If not, our children will never know how real markets look like in future!
happy.gif

Hi Vamiga,
Me just scroll up to see ur posting on 8th Aug.
Me really too pai seh to take ur ride home. Anyway thanks for the offer !!! Hope we can meet up and have chat chat soon.

Just to share with everyone, me also cannot withold the long queue @ the KIDS CLINIC, so me just simply bring my boy to the FAMILY CLINIC and see DR LILY TAN, she is also not bad, very patient with baby and their medicine also worked well for my boy... and definitely is much shorter queue lor.

As for vacinne, i bring my boy to Healthway clinic Punggol branch . After much survey, their package and vaccine is the cheapest liew. Eg, the pneu cost $155 before GST, other PD clinic is $170 - $180 before GST

Hi Jenn,
U r too ke4 qi4 liao.
happy.gif

Let's meet up when I'm back fr HK last next month.

Hi Lynn,
M4M is another parenting forum that i goes to.
I find it more organised & informative.
Check it out:
http://www.moms4moms.info/sg/

So i guess u aren't the mom using the same nick there, tot u could be her as she is staying in SK too.
happy.gif

Littleoink, nope, I did not go for the "tumbletots" at Tampines. Punggol branch left very bad impression as it's very run down. I also heard bad reviews from other mummies in this forum, so decided not to let my boy go for the trial class.

I went to Figets with Jul '07 mummies, it's a very good experience, my boy enjoyed himself there. Anyone knows if Go-Go Bambini in Kallang is open for BB under 2 years old? Anyone been there before?

My boy's PD also Dr. Lillian from Kids Clinic. I'm not too bothered about the queue, as I usually pass them the appointment card, and then go for my breakfast & shopping. They will call me when it's about my turn.

New swimiming pool & wet market!!! Hurray! I'll bring my boy to try out the pool after "7th month".

Hi Tigress,

When we went for a free trial at Tumbletots Punggol 4yrs ago w Jx, it was just newly opened but we were not impressed by the equipments & the staff too. So can imagine its state 4yrs down the road.
eeek!

Tigress,
U went to the Birthday Bash organised by Irene in Jul'07 SMH ???? I missed it as that day my boy was having his last pneu jab.

Me will be going to Fidgets on this sunday, as for go-go bambini , yes there is a very <font size="+2">Small</font> area for 0-3 years old.....

Vamiga,

Yes, I was not impressed by Tumbletots either. The trial is no longer free, I think have to pay about $20.00. I went there for trial and end up no babies turned up, so have to bring my boy home.

Jenn,

Yes, I went to the Birthday Bash organised by Irene. It was a last min decision to go, I'm glad I did. My boy had a great time there. What time you going this Sun? I haven't plan anything this weekend. You mentioned go-go bambini is small, are you referring to the one at Tanglin or Kallang?

Thanks Mattmum,

I heard that flu jab is not 100% vaccined against all flu virus and must take every year. But will consider your suggestion.
You going Japan har ... which part? Hokkaido is best. I like this place very much.

Vamiga,

Great advise on leading my boy to the pool. I will try that method.

I tot Flu jab only one dose. Did not know there is two doses leh. So total is $110 lor ... expensive leh ...

Bluepearl,

Your bb 1st birthday coming har? how you celebrate?

Jendome,

I also tried the family clinic if happened that kids clinic is closed ie Tues or Thurs nite. Agreed with you that the queue is shorter.
Really har ...Healthway clinic Punggol branch got cheaper vaccination ... $155 is cheap leh. Do you know how much is the chicken box and hep A vaccination? When will u give ur boy the MMR vaccination? Is it 15mths or 18mths?

Tigress,
Tumbletots at other branch shld be better than punggol plaza bah? My friend signed up her son at Parkway branch. She said the class is good.
On the other hand, I might like to try kindermusic becoz I notice my boy seem to like music.

mattmum,
Greetings to u too!!!

littleoink, Vamiga,
Yup my bb b'day tis 27th Sep, no idea yet how to celebrate her b'day cos it'll be on fasting ,prob will have a small celeb. 4 her...either in advance or belated lor..

Re: Flu jab, what is the minimun age for children to take the jab ? Tot of having 1 for my kids since always kena the Flu virus one after another...

Re: Tumbletots... o.k noted. (will not even try for any trial.).

Just sharing, instead of going to Fidgets @ Turf City, how about going to the Kids Explorer @ E!Hub @ DowntownEast. Heard the area is very big and parents can surf the net or sit on massage chair while the kids are playing. Tink for NTUC club members, its cheaper..

http://www.explorerkid.com/aboutus/index.aspx

Cheers!!

Hi bluepearl,

Babies need to be at least 6mo. Some info on flue jabs: http://www.crisis.gov.sg/FLU/Flu/Vaccinations/

Hi Littleoink,
I usually go to GP near my place for any vaccines. Cheaper &amp; more convenient as i know when there is lesser patient.

Raffles Medical charges $28+GST per flu jab. Last i checked, only its T3 branch has stock tho.

Re indoor playground, sometimes i will bring both kids to IKEA Tampines during weekdays.

While Jx has the option of the proper playground or the cafe's, Jb enjoys the cafe's at this point. Just some simple stations in a small area = easier 4 adults to monitor.

Else i prefer to bring him to playgrounds downstairs to play on slides or play ball at the park.
HFMD is a v real &amp; great threat tho, so I tend to avoid venues w too many kids.

Hi Vamiga- I am the other Lynn lar. Thanks for the link to m4m but muz register to read the contents hor :p

HFMD - Suppose to go dw to Talentplus PG to pay deposit for my gal but having 2nd thoughts again
sad.gif

Hello Lynn,

Where you register your gal for talentplus?
There is one at Blk 152 and I checked that they will take in only after 18mths old baby ... I will have to wait ... guess will enroll my boy for Jun 09 class liao.

Hi littleoink - Yap they can only take in 18mths &amp; above. My gal's intake is for 2yrs old next year at blk 152...
happy.gif

Hello to Enne.

Hi Lynn,

Ya, m4m discourage lurkers.
happy.gif

Y HFMD discouraged u fr Talentplus? Many cases there?
Is it a childcare centre or just 2-3hr program?
I'm also looking for a playgroup or pre-nursery/N1 for Jb. Can't find its locations at its website. Where r they located?

It's for up till 3yo+, after that have to change school to complete K1 &amp; 2? Abit troublesome rt?
Thanks!

Tigress,
I shld be in Fidgets on this sunday abt 11plus. So do we have to pay the entry fee upon exit or entrance ? Or will we be given a card like gogo bamibini ?

Oh, the wan i mentioned is in Demphsey road.

<font color="0077aa">littleoink</font>
I only know the chicken box is $75 per jab before GST. As for MMR is free at 15mths as i took their 6-in-1 package when my boy is 6 weeks old. Next month will be going for the chicken pox jab.

<font color="0077aa">Lynn and littleoink</font>
Why is HFMD related to Talentplus? I had actually placed my deposit with Blk 152, my boy is due to start his class when he is 20mths (ard Mar'09) ... and Blk 152 is the cheapest (by $10 only) cos got subisdy from the RC.

There is another website on talentplus
http://www.talentplusgroup.net/

Meanwhile, me already start looking at childcare centre, will convert my boy to childcare when he turn 3 years old yo....

littleoink,
Kids Explorer is so EXPENSIVE!!! $20 for 1st hour on weekends. You pay only $8.00 unlimited play @ Fidgets.

Jenn,

You will be given a card upon entry. You charge the drinks &amp; food to this card, and pay together upon exit. I'm thinking of trying our the go-go bamibini @ Leisure park. Anyone been there before?
How much is the monthly fees for Talentplus? Didn't hear much reviews on Talentplus, don't know good or not. Anyone has reviews on Kinderland?

Tigress
Oh i see. Thanks.
So the management is same as go-go bamibini ya. As for talentplus, i am paying $125 per mth. The usual is $135 in other centres. There is no deposit required too.

Heard kinderland is quite expensive. BTW, SK area got kinderland meh?

Hi Jenn,

I am paranoid due to the recent death case for HFMD... kiasi lar :p
152 RC is so gd got $10 subsidy
happy.gif
... can i know why start class in mar09, 20mths ?

Jenn,

There is Kinderland @ Yio Chu Kang and Seng Kang. Yes, it's more expensive. I think it's $375/mth, 8AM -11AM, Mon - Fri. I'm thinking of enrolling my boy next year Jan. How about Talentplus? $125/mth for how many hours a day, how many times a week? What do they teach? Aircon or no Air-con?

bunnybluey,
the next time you order HT, pls include me. I should have ordered more the last time. Finished my stock already.

BTW, do you know that HT sold at carrefour is the cheapest among all the supermarket chains.

Welcome May and Kris.

I had not enrolled my boy at Blk 152 talentplus PG yet because the indian teacher said that it is too early for me to register leh.

Jenn, your boy will start on Mar09 har. May be I will check with the teacher again. By Mar09, my boy shld be 20mths old liao.

I did look into the classroom. It is a small area and it is air-con.

I am also going to let my boy hv chicken pox vaccination when he is 14th Mths and MMR will be at 15mths and Hep A vaccination will be 19th Mths. This is what I was told by the nurse.
I heard that MMR is free at polyclinic. Mummies, Am I rite?

wah... din come in here for quite a while, suddenly got so many postings liao.

vamiga, i oni came back on tues nite &amp; was on mc on wed, so by e time i saw ur email, too late liao, anyway, nevermind.

littlefly, ur boy turning 1yo tis mth? happy 1st bday to him.

bluepearly, u got 3 kids? oni know tha 1 of them is turning 1yo, happy 1st bday to ur bb! how old r ur e other 2 children?

mattmum, nice mtg u too. my boy love e choco hugga bear cookies, hb &amp; i love e cookies too, so we eat tog, haha... i aso got e honey ones, i opened aredi &amp; now i'm e 1 eating, not bad, not as heaty as e choco ones. for e food jars, i din even warm them up, just open &amp; feed direct. KL trip was a gd break &amp; time to catch up w my relatives, everyday eat, sleep &amp; window shopping, but my boy fell sick during e trip, then follow by my hb, then me. btw, does ur boy like gerber puffs? recently, i spree fr US for cherry &amp; sweet corn flavors cos spore dun hv these flavors, hopefully my boy will like them. i tink for e flu jab, tink every yr got to take de, tink better not to depend on such jab unless plan to go overseas.

tigress/jenn, so ur bb is jul 07 bb?

welcome may &amp; kris!

jjloo, dunno when i wld order HT again as to get 15% disc, must hv min $250 orders, used to be $200. i shared on my previous postings tha carrefour sells HT stuff cheaper than online &amp; if u get fr them using POSB everyday card, got 5% rebate, end up abt e same price as getting fr online w 15% disc.

littleoink, paiseh... din pass e 1st teeth to u myself as i just finished bathing, still dressing, so got hb to help me pass e items to u. i tink MMR free at polyclinic is true, maybe u can call them up &amp; ask.

Littleoink,
Yup! MMR is free at Polyclinic and you got to test you bb whether your boy is allergic to eggs prior to this jab..

Bunnybluey,
Hello!! My 3 lovely kids; Boy(2001-7yo),Girl (2005-3yo), and Girl(2007- 10 Mth)... Me married young and now close factory liao, hahaha!!

Greetings to May and Kris!!!

Btw, what is HT?

bluepearl,

HT is the brand Healthy Times - organic food for your baby.

Bunnybluey,

I'm supposed to be Jul '07 Mummy, but my boy pop 2 wks earlier, so I became a Jun '07 mummy instead.

Jenn,

Did you go to Fidgets last Sun? I was there @ around 2PM. A lot of Ang Mo babies &amp; toddlers there, didn't really like it as some of the older ones are quite rough. Was so afraid they will knock onto my boy.

Hello May!!
Tot u r supposed to b studying?
hehehee...
:b

Hi Bunnybluey,
I'm just settling down at HKG too.
happy.gif

Hope u &amp; ur family have recovered!
*pat pat*

Hello Bunnybluey,

Thanks for the first teeth. I had tried it on my boy and he seems to like it. Where did u order the first teeth? Next time if you ordering again, please let me know.

I saw your boy and your hubby said that he is having running nose. Wish your boy get well soon. You got spree for gerber puffs, I am interested. When will you be getting the puffs again?

Bluepearl,
Thanks. I think I will go to polyclinic to have the MMR when my boy turns 18mths. Hv not test egg on him yet. Will ask nanny to try this week.
Your boy going to Pri 1 next year? Which school did you enrolled him?

Tigress,

My boy supposed to be Aug Baby but pop 20days early so he is a Jul baby. I guess most baby will born early than EDD bah?

Back