Mummies staying at Fernvale

Hi

I got 3 giant stamps to give away.
FCFS.

ONLY for fernvale mums as their exchange until end of this month.

tks

princesskris,

Sure no problem. We try to have 1 when we are free. We can ask crayonmum too, as she's staying same blk with me.

crayonmum,

Ya, had bought her to the Paediatrician at Gleneagles. According to what we had told the Doc., he said more or less its the symptom of allergy. So we had stop giving her the Nan 1 HA.

So have to get another brand for her this few days and see how.

hashisan,

I haven start her on cereal or porridge, cos she haven turn 4 mths old. So beside the Nan 1 HA, I didn't gave anything else.

So after seeing the Paediatrician, I gave her back S26 Classic.

Hi Honeyjul,

Saw you buying Crocs too from Subaru.

Let me know if you cant make it on the collection date, I can collect on your behalf and pass to you since I aso need to collect mine.

Hi mummies,

Me too same with Honeyjul, got the below mentioned discount cards,

1) Fragrance Foodstuff discount card at 10% for bakkwa and floss
2) OG
3) Charles & Keith
4) RiverView Hotel - 15% on Hotel's food and beverage.

If need to buy anything, I can lend you my card.

Mummies,

anyone using Pampers Dry / Fairprice for their bbs? I have a pack of Pampers L size & Fairprice M size which my bbs had outgrown. Selling off at $10 each.
happy.gif

Hi all,
Cn i join in??
din noe there's a thread for fernvale/SK mommies...
happy.gif

My details:

Nick: carmen22
No of Kids: 2

cheers

Doreamon: hehe no leh... my ah lau wan me to work leh... i suggested me to be a SAHM but he say for what... go and work have ur own $$... haha
but huh after tinkin i tink i better work if not i no $$ to spend... :p

hashisan: so qiao!!! my gyane also him leh.. whahah... my girl's on 8th Feb at TMC... hehe maybe we have seen each other at his clinic hor..hehe
hmm how come u no join us at MTB Feb 2006 huh.. hehe...

apple: u also ah..hehe..

hashisan/apple: how u all find him?? u both undergo natural birth?? i tink i am changing gynae leh...
happy.gif

hi mummies,

me 2 with Dr Adrian Woodsworth, think most of us with him since he got clinic at Compass PT?

Amanda,

u preg again?
happy.gif

same as u, i think i might change gynae when i have my 2nd one next time. me underwent emergency c-sect.

How do you all think about Dr Adrian?
I went a natural birth (by forceps).

for second one..hmm I might want to change gynae also.dont know yet. will think about it if I get pregnant hehe

I personally think he's a good dr. But my case was like this: after delivering my baby at 6pm, till 10pm I was still bleeding heavily. so nurse got panic and called dr Adrian to come back to hospital. He opened up the stiches.. clean inside and stiched back all without any pain killer. No one told me what was going on, what's wrong that he had to do that and so on.. I was in pain that I didnt bother to ask. (the pain is more than giving birth itself
sad.gif

anyway.. I regret I didnt ask him why he used forceps, and why I was still bleeding so much afterwards. Was it because he didnt clean up properly? I dont know.
Even If I do get pregnant again and come back to him (out of convenience), I might ask for caesarian. I'm stil a bit traumatic about what happened that day.
He is indeed very confident and competent in what he's doing.But I should have asked him more questions.
And my girl friend who just gave birth by him also did natural by Forceps. So Is it his style to use forceps? anyone else had same experience?

Amanda: ya haha maybe we met each other before. I always came on Fri nite.
Your gal already go to school? Do you know about tots house is it good or not. Got one near my house.
I didnt know there's 2006 mom thread hihi

Enne: how is his C-sect skill?

Doreamon,

Hope ur girl is ok now... sms me when u r free so that i can pass u the diapers.
happy.gif

Hashisan,

my goodness! he stitched u up without painkillers??

i think i wld be traumatised too.

No, but when I couldn't take it anymore the nurse gave me the laughing gas.But no effect at all leh..
No more natural delivery with forceps for me anymore...

hi all mummies with Dr Adrian,

my story:
I had low placenta throughout my preg and was scheduled for c-sect in my 37th week. My c-sect was scheduled in the afternoon but my baby couldn't wait to come out i think, I got heavy bleeding and labour pains in the early morning, my HB called up Dr Adrian and was told to rush to TMC. Halfway there, Dr Adrian called back my HB and ask us whether we want to consider going to A & E instead?
I had an emergency c-sect by Dr Adrian at TMC and everything went well though I encountered heavy bleeding 1 week after delivery but well at my 35th week I also got heavy bleeding and was admitted, my bb almost became premature. Accordingly to Dr Adrian, he say that was due to my low placenta. In short, I was admitted to hospital before, during and after delivery, even the nurse can remembered me. haha.

about Dr Adrian C-SECT SKILLS:
His skills is good I must say, nothing to complain about. My stitches all nice nice now. I was out in less than half an hr.

about Dr Adrian:
Personally I ok with him and he is pleasant looking too. The only thing is that he still ask whether we wanna go KKH when I already am having heavy bleeding and labour pains kind of makes me feel he don't care or something like that la.
I don't know ler, for my 2nd pregnancy I might reconsider going back to him.
I was with Dr Adrian for my pregnancy is coz I experienced quite bad morning sickness for my first trimester and travelling is the lesser the better.
I check in forum, his reviews seems not bad too.

Hello mummies, I stay in Anchorvale too.

I dont know much abt Dr Adrian because he's not my gynae for my child birth, but I do see him for other issues, like some of u, out of convenience.

My personal thoughts abt him. He knows what he's doing and talks very fast, he gives me that kind of impression that he just want to quickly clear u and see other patients as there are many ppl outside waiting. So he just talk fast fast. I dont get very assured when I see him because Im that kind very lo-sor. Even now I bring my son to the doc, I'll ask alot qns. Hahaha.

Enne - Maybe he's afraid of the financial part. My SIL also pre mature baby, he advise her to go KKH instead due to the hefy bill he's expecting if she delivers pre maturing in TMC. So in a way, he's also kind enough. Think for the patient.

Enne: hmm not yet but plannin to have #2 next year...

I share w u all my case.. hehe but it's quite long though.. :p

Before giving birth:
Initailly when i got preggy.. i went to the forum and check out the gyane ard our area.. then forums seems to have quite good comments on him... so the first visit, i feel comfortable w him and sign the package... i would admit tat his charges is not very high end kind la...
He is those kind of doc who dun say much unless we got things to ask him lor... then when ard 2month+ preggy tat time, he spotted a cyst in my ovary... so he suggested me to consider a surgery to remove the cyst but of course he did mention the chances of miscarriage and told me that if i dun remove it, there might be chances of it being twisted or burst... hb hear liao like a bit confuse how come can go for surgery so we went to KKH for a second opinion and i went to see John Tee who is the head of dept of Gynaecology. He told me that it is not a must to go for an ops cause the chances of the cyst being twisted and burst is low.. why risk a life and he told me that if now his wife is having tis situation, we will just leave it... After hearing what he tell me, we decided to leave it.... After that visit at KKH we never go back liao cause actualli Dr Adrian did not force me to go for ops la... so true enough my pregnancy was smooth except for the cyst inside...
Then near to the 3th trimester, he say that i have low placenta so if it still dun move up nearer to birth, it might cause me not able to delivery by natural...so monitor and monitor then finally move up... then come another problem... ard week 36 to 37, he say my tai shui is quite low... so again monitor and monitor... till 7 feb when i went to see him, he tell me still low la... and i am already 2cm dilate so ask me to go deliver... my edd was 18 feb... so ok lor... tat nite we went to the hospital..
When i reach at 1050pm, register and went to wait for him to come... then at 1115 pm, he burst my waterbag and put me on drip... tell me will speed up delivery so by morning i should be able to push... who knows... the stubborn cervix of mine din dilate with the help of tat 2 and all the way very close contractions till morning 8+ when he came and tell me by rite now should be able to delivery but still only dilate like tat/.. we have to go c-section... i was already in pain for abt 9hrs... of course i wan to stop la... so went for c-section and he tell me he will remove the cyst at the same time... and just to say... my girl has forcep mark on her cheek also... hb was so heartpain... lucky the next day it started to get lighter liao....
happy.gif

After delivery:
went for check up all was okie till one fine day he tell me the cyst is there.... was thinkin kaozz why so heng... remove liao come back again... so he told me to monitor and on almost every visit, he will ask me wan to remove the cyst.. then i tell him i haven wan to go for second one and tat my girl is still so young.. may as well wait later then say....
Hb not very happy with that and we went to KKH again like 2 weeks back... John Tee told me that the cyst is too big to be a hormones cyst liao... so it's best to remove it... since i am not preggy now and not like tat time i had no choice... and JT ask me if i have the report on the cyst tat was being remove 18months ago.. i told him no cause gynae did not mention anything... and he tell me tat by rite, after they remove the cyst, they have to send to the lab to see what cyst is tat... so ok lor.. i called his clinic and ask the nurse and the following day, the nurse call me and tell me tat Dr Adrian wants to see me.... but i haven go la... so cannot tell u all what he wanna see me abt...
then my hb now suspecting that he did not remove when i deliver but i dun tink in tat way lor... so will have to see what is it that he wanna say and decide whether to go to him for my #2 anot...

Personally i feel that he is not bad la... cause he wun like pester u to buy what to eat la.. but he kind of like those bochap doc lor..hehe...
his c-section skill i will say GOOD... my scar is nice nice one lor... haha....

*sorry huh... so long...* :p

hashina: my appt always on sat afternoon.. hehe... cause friday nite very pack then at least sat can go there and walk walk and pass time... hehe :p
hmmm my girl went to the infant care when she is 2 months and 3 weeks old... and till now still tat school... hehe at 409A...
ur side there ah.. me not so sure leh.. :p

Poormummy: hehe i agree w u leh.. he really give me those impression tat chop chop scan liao everything ok then got questions?? no questions ok... see u in 3 weeks time... haha...

Amanda - Haha, really long story :p
But one thing I like abt the clinic is the nurse will call u when its abt yr turn. So no need to wait and wait at the clinic. Back at my Gynae's also super long wait.. but just sit down there and watch CNN. Very sian loh.

crayonmum,

Oh I'm sorry, always forgot.

Ok will chk my email for your contact no.

Hmm, mostly likely will collect from you today. Will sms you.

Thanks alot and sorry, very forgetful nowadays

Hi,

Regards to the mentioned, Dr Adrian, is it the one at CP clinic called Northeast?

If yes, I very regret to sign up my gal injections package with them.

A few of the nurses attitude and service are not good too.

The very 1st time when I walk into the clinic to ask if they got infant injections package etc.
The nurse very buay song passed me the brochure then turn away!

2nd and 3rd times to the clinic, I gave them my gal appt card and I jus said, Oh I'll leave the card on the registration table har.
Cos twice I went, the nurses are not near to the registration table. Then other walked in patients came and wrote their name or also left the card on the table, the nurses don't even make an effort to see who actually came first.
Ends up they gave me the registration no. after those walked in patients. When I approached them, they just said, oh is it????
Sorry but bcos too many patients liao, I also very hard to change the nos for you.
Ends up, those patients that are infront of me, consulted very long, and I waited from 9am plus to 11am plus then my turn.

I asked the nurse, can you called me maybe 2 or 3 in advance so that I can go for a walk or go for breakfast, they said cannot la we very busy how to call you and later you missed your no, and when you are back and went in to see doctor, other patients will not be happy.

I'm very angry and asked her, you are afraid of other patients angry, then you are not afraid that I'm angry!?
It your nurses fault that you don't make an effort to see who actually came and registered first!
And I also asked her, is it bcos I'm under package and had already PAID so you all don't entertained.

Infact, wanted to signup with Raffles Medical at CP, but they don't have the package and some jabs they also don't have and so happened walk in and realise that Northeast have the package.

So sometimes, cannot bcos of convenient and ends up pay money liao and get bad services!

My boy had all his jabs at Gleneagles as his PD clinic was at the Medical Centre. But found it to troublesome to travel here and there, then signup with Northeast.

Haizzzzzz.

Updated as at 28 Aug 2007.

<table border=1><tr><td>S/no</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>Location</TD><TD>Occupation</TD><TD>No. of Kids</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Child's Age </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Fernvale's Mummies</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Amanda Lim </TD><TD>Blk 403A Fernvale Lane</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Gal</TD><TD>18 mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Apple_d </TD><TD>Blk407B Fernvale Road</TD><TD>FTWM </TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gal / Gal </TD><TD>24 mths / Due in Nov'07 </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Carmen22</TD><TD>Blk 407B Fernvale Rd </TD><TD>SAHM </TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gal / Boy </TD><TD>28 mths / 16 mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Cladi </TD><TD>Blk408A Fernvale Road</TD><TD>MTB </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Due in Mar'08 </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Cottoncandy7681 </TD><TD>Blk404B Fernvale Lane</TD><TD>FTWM </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Crayonmum </TD><TD>Blk 405C Fernvale Lane</TD><TD>SAHM </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy </TD><TD>7 mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Cyan </TD><TD>Blk 405A Fernvale Lane</TD><TD>PTWM</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Gal </TD><TD>32 mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Doreamon Ang </TD><TD>Blk 405C Fernvale Lane</TD><TD>SAHM </TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy / Gal</TD><TD>6 yrs old / 3 mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Honeyjul </TD><TD>Blk 405B Fernvale Lane</TD><TD>FTWM </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy </TD><TD>11 mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Hottiemama </TD><TD>Blk 412B Fernvale Link</TD><TD>SAHM </TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gal / Boy </TD><TD>35 mths / 2 weeks </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Irin </TD><TD>Blk 405B Fernvale Lane</TD><TD>PTWM </TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Twins (G&B) </TD><TD>5 mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Limmil </TD><TD>Blk 407B Fernvale Road</TD><TD>FTWM </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Gal </TD><TD>16 mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Linda Chan </TD><TD>Blk 408A Fernvale Road</TD><TD>MTB </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Due in Mar'08 </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Oldmacdonald </TD><TD>Blk 404B Fernvale Lane</TD><TD>FTWM </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy </TD><TD>13 mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Qqwawa</TD><TD>Blk 404B Fernvale Lane</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy </TD><TD>20 mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>RS (rs_bebe) </TD><TD>Blk 406C Fernvale Road</TD><TD>?</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Sea8 </TD><TD>Blk 403C Fernvale Lane</TD><TD>FTWM </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>9 mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Veron Chua </TD><TD>Blk 406B Fernvale Road</TD><TD>FTWM </TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gal / Gal</TD><TD>21 mths / 1 mth </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Compassvale's Mummies</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Enne </TD><TD>Blk 245 Compassvale Road</TD><TD>FTWM </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>5 mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Hashisan </TD><TD>Blk 254 Compassvale Road</TD><TD>SAHM </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy </TD><TD>18 mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Kris </TD><TD>Blk 262B Compassvale Street</TD><TD>SAHM </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Gal</TD><TD>4 mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>KiaSu Mum </TD><TD>Blk 290B Compassvale Crescent </TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy / Gal </TD><TD>21 mths / 9mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Tan Leng Leng</TD><TD>Blk 245 Compassvale Road </TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gal / Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Anchorvale's Mummies</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Seahorse</TD><TD>Blk 312B Anchorvale Lane</TD><TD> FTWM </TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Boy / Gal / Boy </TD><TD>9 yrs old / 6 yrs old / 9 mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Chris Lee (babyyew)</TD><TD>Blk 314B Anchorvale Link</TD><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Mezzo17</TD><TD>Blk 313D Anchorvale Road </TD><TD> FTWM </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Gal</TD><TD>14mths</td></tr></table>

Hi,
I was with Christopher Chong for my 1st bb. I think he's a very good gynea, friendly and detailed. But after he switched to Gleneagles, his charges was very much higher, so I switched to Adrian (recommended by fren) whose charges are lower. I din use forceps or vacuum for 1st bb, hopefully won't be using this time round..my friend with Adrian also used forceps.

Comparing them both, I prefer Chris cos I feel Adrian is very cool. He talks so quickly and each visit hardly take more than 5 mins if I did not ask any questions.

Poor mummy: ya lor... his nurse very good... the one tat got coloured hair one giving birth tis month i tink.. hehe...

Doreamon: the clinic is at the CP MRT there one... but for the bb injection one i tink is the other side one... it's at the right hand door when u enter the clinic rite... not from adrian... i find their GP nurse not so friendly.. hehe.... but doc so so lor....
happy.gif

apple: ya lor.. he very cool hor... chop chop one... sometimes go in liao will forget what to ask also cause like wan to fast fast see liao and go....

hi Amanda Lim,

you mean the girl with coloured red hair right? i did suspect she was preg but initially thought she just wearing big size tee.

hi Doraemon,

agreed the GP nurse assistant is quite unfriendly, there was once i got MC from Dr Adrian but their clinic closed and I enquired from the GP nurse assistance whether able to check and get for me but she was rude and say she's not under Dr Adrian, ask me come back another day when Dr Adrian clinic is open. you could have say nicely or offer to check coz according to the nurse under Dr Adrian, I can get frm the GP nurse too coz the file folder is within their reach.

hi Poor Mummy,

yes lo he did suggest that b4 to consider going KKH b4 i was scheduled for c-sect but i don't like to keep changing gynae la u know. hee.

hi apple_d,

anor anor he really is chop chip one but he will give me a pat on my leg or shoulder to assure me everything is fine don't worry. so yeah in a way he's not that bad also la. hehe.

Doraemon : yes the nurse from the Gp is different from dr. Adrian's one. Dr Adrian's nurses are ok and will ask you go jalan2 and call your Hp once your turn is approaching.
The GP there some are good and quite friendly(the female Dr and Dr. Jack Tan ) some not so good . I also signed vaccination package with them. So before you come you can call and ask who's the Dr in charge for today. But I agree one of the nurse is rude.
Dr Adrian: always ask "Everything ok?.. baby ok.. any queestion? no ok.. see you next week.." heheh..

Amanda Lim,

my gynae's also John Tee.
happy.gif
Just wondering since you had doubts about the other gynae, why didn't you let John Tee take over? It's just a casual question. Personally I find John Tee quite good. He's the chop chop type also but everytime will assure me 1st before letting me go. One thing good about chop chop gynae is that don't have to wait too long for your turn. hehehe. He's a joker too & I had a great experience delivering my twins at KKH by him. A pity that his Sengkang clinic had closed else it'll be so convenient.
happy.gif

hi Irin,

seems John Tee quite popular, most of my female colleagues all recommend to each other John Tee from KKH. no complaints heard so far. he's a professor i heard.

maybe if for my 2nd pregnancy if i no morning sickness and able to travel, i might consider going to him too.

Enne,

he's really good and experienced. He has a clinic at Ang Mo Kio, don't have to travel to KKH. If I'm going to have another one, I'll go to him too.
happy.gif

I heard from my friends John Tee is not bad and very experience too.

Enne - I know what u mean, dun want to change. My gynae was my 3rd gynae.

Apple - I was from GlenE too.

Doremon - Same like u, dun want to travel to and fro GlenE medical Centre so I sign up package with a GP at COmpassvale. So far he's very good.Although he's a GP but I think he's as good as a PD.

Doreamon,

I bring my bb for his jabs at the Fernvale Clinic downstairs..Dr Joanne Lim and Dr Jenny Tee are not bad. At least I feel they are better than my PD at TMC. :p hehe... But sometimes it's some relief doc which I dun like.. so I always call b4 I bring my boy down.

For more serious prob, then I go to S'pore Baby & Child Clinic at AMK central. Or else everytime go PD, very shiong on the pocket.

I'm actually collecting something from Cyan this evening at 9pm.. maybe I can pass u the diapers ard that time too? I'll sms u later.
happy.gif

Tokking abt gynae, mine is very gd. Very patient and answers lotsa my qns.. even thru email.
happy.gif
She's Dr Caroline Khi and has a clinic at TMC.

Enne: ya ya.. tat girl... the first time i see her i tot so also.. then the last visit i went i ask her when delivery.. hehe

Irin: i tot of changin to JT leh.. but goin to see him is a problem cause got to travel far.. and my hb actualli quite ok w him.. at least what he say huh, my hb will absorb.. haha
he is funny man.. haha... but i dun find him chop chop leh..hehe he will explain to us carefully then really tell us in detail...
u mean he has a clinic at AMK?? can give me the contact?? cause tat's the main problme why i dun wan to switch to him..... if AMK i can go to him le... hehe hmmm but does he deliver at private hospital huh?? hehe

Hmmm anyone deliver at KKH hospital before??

Poor Mummy,
ya, he's the Chairman of the Obstetrics & Gynaecology.

Amanda Lim,
it's at Ang Mo Kio polyclinic. I'm afraid he doesn't deliver in pte hospitals. He'll only be at AMK clinic for certain days only. You can call to check at 62934044. Dr CS John Tee.
He'll explain in details if there's anything you need to know. If not then he'll be "chop chop" one.
happy.gif

My twins were delivered by him at KKH. This was my experience that I posted at another thread:

My gynae was from KKH, I gave birth there and my bbs stayed in the SCN for 5-9 days. We had good treatment & I really felt comfortable there.
I was in the delivery suite for 15 hrs and the nurses afraid that I might be bored, came and chatted with me when my husband went back to pack my things. Subsequently after I gave birth, I had high blood and felt nausea. A nurse was with me for half an hr holding my hands and kept asking me not to be afraid. Another one made a milo for me and was fanning it cold before serving me with a spoon.
For the 2 nights I was there, all the nurses attended to me immediately whenever I pressed the bell when I was cold, in pain or want to use the washroom. They even accompanied me into the washroom for fear that I'll faint inside. And not forgetting my bbs in the SCN with all the loving and nice nurses. They were so patient to share whatever baby-handling info with me & they are a funny lot too.

Sorry for the long post but just wanna share about KKH. It isn't as bad as what some people make it out to be. In fact most of us at the premmies thread had good feedback & experience in KKH. It actually is the best-equiped hospital in terms of delivery.
happy.gif

hi mummies ..

sorry have been busy .. went back to work immediately after my 1st month confinement. Cannot stay at home liao going to be siao soon. haha.

Crayonmum I went to the cafe @ Blk 409 one didnt go to B405 becoz they keep changing ppl. also dunno if the cafe still in operation or not. Then for provision shop I also go B409 one becoz they r friendlier.

Gynae: -
I am with Dr koh C H @ Toa Payoh Central for both my pregnancies. He is skilful and steady. Stitches are good also. Too bad I am not hoping for No 3 .. so wont be going bk to him anymore unless woman checkup.

Children's PD: -
I am seeing Dr Tan @ Wonderland Kids clinic @ Mt A. He is a very experienced Dr I would say. Nice too.

Irin: hehe ur post where consider long.. haha mine super long liao.. hehe...
u mean his clinic is in the Polyclinic like the one in Sengkang Polyclinic huh?
so meaning to say that for all the checkup during pregnancy, we go there then till deliver then go KKH la... is his charges ex?? hehe
just to ask huh... cause i heard that if wan to deliver under KKH rite, got to be dunno how many months preggy then can fix gynae is it??is it true?? cause i dun like the idea of passin me ard to different gynae hehe..but opposite, my hb feel tat is a better way cause different gynae will have different view... but i dun feel tis way la... fan er will make me hun ruan.. haha
How abt the charges at kkh leh??? expeneive a not???

Veron: ur gynae is a male or female?? charges wise leh and deliver in what hospital one?? can share share... cause i thinkin of changing my gynae... hehe.. thanks for the info ya...
happy.gif

Hi Amanda,

Dr Koh is a male doctor. Charges is cheap also. For routine check he will put us on packaging which is only $500 @ 3rd month onwards. This $500 include checks and scan and vitamins.

Delivery charges @ hospital is ard $700 (mine normal delivery without epidural) Hospital @ Mount A.

Amanda Lim,
Yup, the one at CP MRT there. Can't stand the nurses. Very regret taking up package from them.

enne,
Ya, they could had said nicely or offered you to called back to check with the respective nurse under Dr Adrian, as the file folder is within their reach or whatever. I dont like this kind of services.

Oh ya, forgot 1 thing too, when I was inside the clinic waiting for my gal's turn, the telephone kept ringing but they also don't bother to answer and let it kept ringing. And worst still they adjusted the ringing volume to low ringing tone, what if in case that is a important call or what rite???

hashisan,
So you also signed up the vaccination package with them. Next time we can 'jo' each other then go together. Ha Ha Ha.

Poor Mummy,
Which GP did you sign up at CP?

Amanda,

John Tee's clinic is in AMK polyclinic just like the Sengkang one. All checkups would be at AMK except for the detailed scanning would be done at KKH. His charges was $80+ for 1st visit, subsequent visits at $56+
You can be with KKH/John Tee since beginning of pregnancy, no need to wait for certain months. Just request for John Tee when you go to KKH for your 1st visit. The only thing is if you want delivery by John Tee would have to be class B and above. If not it'll be by other gynae.

The delivery charges are:

Class A1 (single-bedded)
Normal Delivery 2 days $1,550
Caesarean Delivery 3 days $2,300

Class B1 (four-bedded)
Normal Delivery 2 days $920
Caesarean Delivery 3 days $1,700

The charges does not include use of epidural.
My bill for c-section in Class B1 was $1.9k after subsidy.

crayonmum,

Hmm, I called Fernvale Clinic and they do not have the package so that's why I signed up with Northeast.

Recently they always have relief doc, I also dont like and also not caring at all.

There's 1 time I bought my son to see and happened to be the relief doc, my son having high fever and we asked if in case during midnight the fever doesn't go down, what shld we do, must go hospital or what? He replied, the fever will sure go down after taking the medicines that I had prescribed.

But sometimes very hard to say mah if the fever went down ok, if didn't, how?

My gynae is located at Lucky Plaza, but you can choose 3 hospitals for delivery, MT E, MT A and Glen. He's very caring and attentive. He answer all your questions and the packages are cheap too. Believe, when my SIL delivered her daughter in year 1999, the charges was 1K till last year, 2006 then they increase to 1.2K for the packages.

My sis gynae is also good, at Raffles Hospital, she's also very attentive but the packages are much more higher. She also answers question thru email if you have any doubts.

happy.gif

Veron: My friend also recommended Dr. Koh C H at Toa Payoh to me. She said he's very experienced. Maybe next time I'll change gynae to him too.

Doraemon: yaa ahh hehe we can meet up next time at compasspont. No need to go vaccinnation lah just go foodcourt or go for kopi.. how?
happy.gif

I'm still delaying my son's MMR vaccination.I really worry he'll get fever because of MMR. He had fits when he just turned 1 year old, and was hospitalized at mt. alvernia. So want to delay MMR till he's near 2yo.

yeah I also heard Raffles hospital is good. But not cheap.
Doraemon have you tried Kids Clinic at Rivervale Mall? the dr. there are good.
I brought my son to northeast clinic before but maybe medicine no good ,didnt recover. so at the end I'll bring him to kids clinic.
But for vaccin only I thought it's ok, Gp also can do. (because kid's clinic vacination package more ex)

crayonmum,

I also bring my bbs to the Lifeline at Blk 405C for vaccination. So far they've only seen Joanne & I think she's still quite ok for vaccination.

Hi Irin, U must be a private patient from KKH. My SIL is a subsidy patient and delivered twin also, but their service is damn sub standard... I think they do some sort of differentiation for private and subsidy patient.

Doreamon - The GP is at blk 267 Compassvale Link. Dr Vincent Chong. He's very good. Very patient. I call him up for little little things and he answers all my queries.

Hashisa - Oh dear, how come he had fits when he 1 yo? What did doc say? Is he allergy to anything?

Poor Mummy,

ya, I was a private patient at KKH. But my colleague downgraded to Class C at KKH cos of some complications, she had good feedback about them too. And most of the mummies in the premmies thread give birth at KKH as subsidy patients had good experience with the nurses & neonatal side too.
happy.gif

Poor mommy: my son was having fever that day. just like normal fever. so I thought I will give him paracetamol after his dinner. (before dinner already 38.2 degree).. I was carrying him in the kitchen ready to prepare the medicine, suddenly I realize he was very quiet. (I was carrying him). Then I saw his eyes looking up already..Lucky my hubby already at home that evening. straight away laid him down and brought him to clinic.
He isnt allergic to anything. According to dr it's just his body cant take the fever. But it's not genetic like epilepsy and will not affect the brain.
They said it's common among kids below 5year old and more common in boys.
That time I still breasfed my son, so end up I slept with him in same bed. But the nurses were very kind .they provided a bigger bed for me after I told them I need to nurse him to sleep.

Doreamon,

I agree that the male relief doc at Fernvale is lousy. Last yr when I was pregnant, I contracted chicken pox in my 2nd trimester..as it was a sunday... i cldn't go to my gynae.. so i went downstairs and happen to be the male relief doc. He said he cldn't cfm that it's chicken pox coz only a few blisters and he can't really tell. Then he told me even if chicken pox, can't do anything abt it coz I'm pregnant and can't take any medication.

Well... I'm that sort who dun really trust doc 100% one.. so I went home and researched in the internet and found out that I cld take a medication (forgot the name) to control the virus and it's safe for pregnancy.

So the next morn, I called up my gynae and made an emergency appt... turned out really chicken pox and can take medication... and the medication will work only if I take it within 72hrs of having chicken pox and she was kinda shocked by what the GP said.

So from that time onwards, I always call and chk who's on duty b4 deciding whether to go to Fernvale Clinic. :p

Irin,

Yah.. I find Dr Joanne Lim gd too.
happy.gif
Quite chatty too.

I had a fren who delivered at KKH as a private patient and her charges were more expensive than mine. I delivered at TMC. We were both staying in single bed room and had natural delivery.

Veron,

I also dun like the provision shop at my cluster... a few times I bot fresh soya bean drinks and milk from them.. although the expiry date is not due.. the drinks r spoilt liao. The pple there are not frenly at all. So I try not to buy from them liao.

Irin, good for u and yr colleague. My SIL is really unlucky...

Hashisan, thank god he's alright now. I sure very very scare if i were u.

Crayonmum, I never trust relief doctor. twice i went to relief doctor, first gave the wrong medication for my son and second gave wrong diagnoise.

crayonmum,

you talking about an old male relief doctor? My bb saw him once for fever & flu when he was 1 month+ & he gave him don't know what medicine. Cos I didn't feel safe about it so went to double confirm with PD. Then PD told me not too good for bb to give that medicine.

Back