Mummies staying at Fernvale

cladi,
nope.. haha..

Michelle,
Oh.. nice.. which blk? I wonder why ppl choose fernvale.. so ulu.. hahaha.. all of you like ulu places like me? haha..

haha.. jy ah..

i chose here cos my pil opp only.. at coral spring.. all stay near by.. got more help with kids ma..

cladi,

haha.. icic.. very very fast.. my girl attending her first sch day tomorrow!! Hope she will be fine..
happy.gif

hi there, any mummies child is starting PG in Ichiban? Is it a usual practice to start off with half a day? I was told that by the principal.. I am thinking for those who really cant take leave or helper.. how are they going to be half day?

babycupid: that time my boy started his PG at Ichiban. i did not started off with half-day and nobody mentioned anything to me. Just drop him off and went to pick him and korkor after work.

But when i trf him to sparkletots, the staff mentioned half day for the first day. Since i can only take 1 day leave at that time. i left him at about 10am and went to fetch him at abt 5pm.

i think the half-day ruling is for the kids to be familiarised and adapt to the new environment. depends on individual's adaptability.

qiqi, Icic.. I wasnt told too.. her first day i brought her back 12pm.. but day 2.. I thought extending it to 2-3pm.. and the principal called me at 1pm asking me why didnt i bring her back at 12pm as per communicated.. but i didnt know abt it.. so felt abit unhappy.. thinking what happen to those parents with no helper or leave!

Any mummies here receive the form for additional child care subsidy for household income below $7500? I have not..

Ok, i got the form from the childcare centre.. Btw, Principal of Ichiban, Ms Kit is leaving.. new principal will be on board on 19 march...

qiqi, no idea too.. not stated in the communication letter.. hope the new principal will be good...

my girl still cry and refused to go sch.. refuse to carry by me now.. only stick to my helper.. u think i shld let my helper send her to sch and let her koes even auntie will oso send her there and not just mummy..

hmm... think she's still not used to the school. some kids take up to 6 months to stop crying >.<

maybe try to talk to her about the activties they do in school, get her excited? and how you enjoy listening to her day in school?

qiqi, everytime i talked abt sch to her.. she will whine and shakes her head.. she still dunno how to talk.. Hope she dun take that long~
happy.gif

Michelle, i only know Ichiban @ blk 439 has infant care.. the rest not too sure..

Sharon,
Hi! Ur girl in which class? My boy and girl is there now.. but girl is having fever.. so missed sch 2 days already..

Calling for Qiqi
Your boy smile at me today when i smile at him! Such a cutie...
happy.gif

Jus feel like venting my fustration... My gal has been bitten by the same boy 3 times within 3 months! Hav urs kanna before? He's in my girl's class...
sad.gif
I dun really blame the teachers etc cos i know it's hard to avoid at times... But i seriously find the accidents too close and it make me kinda upset n heartache to c the wound on my girl's finger/arms... I haven got a chance to c the boy's mother too cos he usually comes later than me... I'm wondering if she got keep teaching her son not to bite other kids etc cos like in one case, he bite 3 kids in a day including my girl!

Lena:
happy.gif

He was crying this morning when i brought him to the school cos no food allowed inside and he could not eat his bread. :p

My boys are always on the receiving end of being bitten. Always kenna bitten, dunno why. Understand your heartache... guess you can only feedback to the teacher to feedback to the mom. Or inform the teacher that you "demand" to see the mom for an explaination?

Qiqi, no worries.. I saw him just now and he was happily playing with his friends... Haha.. Cant tell he cried beforehand..
happy.gif

You hav any idea who bite your boys? I did told the teacher that it has happened 3 times within 3 months already though i know it's hard to avoid... I won't demand to c the mother ba cos it's like making it into big issue... I saw her before when my girl starts skool in Jan.. Tml i may be fetching my girl if my medical appt ends early... HOpefully i can at least c the boy and tell him that he cannot bite etc... My mil said that day she wanted to talk to the boy but tin the boy feel guilty cos he kinda hide away before my mil can even go to him.. haha! I've been repeating to my gal abt wat to do if the boy wanna bite her again! HOpefully she can protect herself better....
sad.gif

Lena, so far it did not happen in this skool or maybe once.... cant remember. the rest of the time was at the previous skool. then the teachers will tell me cos the toddlers are teething etc, so will tend to bit other kids. >.<

Qiqi, that's good then... Ermm, frankly speaking, i've been in childcare line before years back... From my experience, they usually bite others due to protecting themselves or toys etc.. They do not know how to express themselves tru words so actions speaks the fastest... The teacher did told mi that my girl went to take the toys/soft toys the boy brought to skool daily, thus he just bite her without hesitation etc... But i tin for his pattern, it's too frequent so probably he got bad temper or he become aggressive easily... Teething bites is more on toys n stuff unless they mean babies who may bite parents cos they wont understand... Haha
Btw, you saw the letter regarding HFMD? The skool has discourage/disallow us to provide bolster/pillow/blanket/toys for our kiddos...

Lena,

My boy used to pinch his classmates in his old sch.. its jus tat few times in a mth.. teacher said its part of their growing.. like u said.. they duno how to express themselves thru words.. but he has stopped it for quite awhile already..

I think we should teach our kids how to protect themselves.. my boy usually will 'Revenge' u kick me i kick u back kind.. So i have been telling him not to.. whenever u r being bullied.. tell the teacher! I think this is stage too.. so just do what we can.. haa..

My girl is into her 3rd week of sch (Sick for a week). She still cries whenever at school but after awhile she stops.. But she kept wanting tat particular teacher to carry.. very sticky to her.. Hope she will be ok soon..

Babycupid, I do know there may be such phases but that boy is all the way like that from wat i heard from the teachers... He's in that skool since infant care... Haizz.

I been reminding my girl about wat to do if the boy tried to 'attack' her again.. I've been firm towards my girl about 'beating' n biting' stuff cos i wouldn't want her to do that to others too.. Luckily that she dun't realli have that much tendency either...

Lucky your girl have a preference teacher now, its another sign that she can adapt soon too cos there's a comfy person ard when you leave her in skool.... The break of 1 week can cause longer time to adapt too... My girl took about 1-2 weeks time before she reali stop crying when going to skool..
happy.gif

Lena: yup, saw the letter. My boy doesn't have a comfort toy/ bolster, so doesn't really affect him.

Actually this practice has always been in place for other childcare centres to prevent HFMD. The year before, the Young Talents then got a serious outbreak of HFMD and was ordered to close for 10 days by MCYS. >.<

The toddler who got it now is from my boy's class. Gosh, need to keep my boy under close monitoring.....

Not that I know of in Ichiban..

I heard from my frends that HFMD is coming back again.. hopefully our kids will be away from it!

Qiqi, Haha... i do give my girl bolster etc for nap time :p But now that they stop it, i only give a jacket liao... Hope they enjoy themselves later!
happy.gif

Sharon &amp; Babycupid, ya, HFMD can happen anytime but based on my past experience in CC, i notice the peak season usually durin hot periods like Mar etc... May the virus stay far away from our kiddos as possible!

HFMD are actually here all year round?

Anyway, i don't really like big group activities for todders. Feel that virus are more likey to spread.

Lena: my #1 got his bolster which he used since small but #2 dun have this habit. He will kick everything and anything away during nap/ sleep time. Maybe becos he prefer to only latched on.
happy.gif

I know one gal in my #2 class always carry a barney soft toy. Dunno how is she gng to cope now without it.

Qiqi, yup.. HFMD can occurs anytime.. Just that there's high and low periods.... Agree that virus spread easily in big group activities... But no choice since they are in skool...

My girl loves her bolster but same, once asleep, she can kick everything off her and also slp in a 360 degrees pattern... lol! So you are a 'pacifer' for your no 2?
happy.gif

The biter in my girl's class also always carry a Barney around and worse, he always bite till wet... Good that the skool dun allow them to bring too... I wonder if the girl you mentioned is the one i saw.. She likes Barney and some of her stuff are Barney like a small soft toy and snack box etc..
happy.gif

hahaha.. interesting.. my boy has a small doraemon soft toy since 1 yr old.. he will bring it to sch initially but cc only allowed to put inside his bag.. then one day.. he told me he is big and need not bring doraemon along.. so he only hug it to slp at home. my girl is totally opp of my boy.. she dun hug things to slp at all.. what she needs is just the pacifier.. so now she brings her pacifier with her to sch.. Ichiban allowed them to bring for a start.. even she dun put it in mouth, she will hold it in her palm walking ard.. heard from teacher even when bathing! she isnt like tat at home.. hahaha.. i think that her only security in sch..
happy.gif

Babycupid, Haha! That's one of the cuteness in kiddos...
happy.gif
Your boy still likes doreamon till now? My girl seem so 'hua xin' like quite a few cartoons and always change here n there.. She got so many soft toys till i stop myself from buyin! Your girl sounds soo cute... I used to have a student who loves pacifiers too! In fact she need to bring 3 to skool! I dun realli gif my girl pacifier so she dun hav this habit... ;)

Frankly speaking, i'm wasn't so sure about other skool cos my previous CC, we dun stop kids to bring napping stuff to skool since they mainly use during naps only and dun share... We dun control on pacifier too cos they're still very young... Haha.. But i'm starting to know and understand more now...
happy.gif

Any mummy here know how much we entitle for the added cc subsidy? and it will be effective from april or may?

lena: ya, i'm a human pacifier. really frustrating sometimes when he just wanna latch for comfort. try most pacifer brands and he still dun like. >.<

the barney gal that i'm referring to is in my boy's class, so dun think is your gal's classmate. but it's so gross! bit until wet wet....

babycupid: no idea on the additional subsidy yet. I thought it should be effective from April onwards.

just send an email to MSF, waiting for reply
happy.gif

Back