Mummies staying at Fernvale

haha.. no girl try another one! We should meet and bring our kids out to one of the playground in Fernvale.. hehe...

Lol.. Agree... But havin too many kids in Sg reali not easy.. too ex...

I would like to meetup for playdate but gotta wait till my house comes cos i stayin anchorvale now.. haha

Wanna find out if any bus operators/ private bus/ taxi drivers can quote a price as I need to send my kids from sengkang area to their childcare in the city area. Pls PM me if got contacts. Thanks

ya is at 409B.

Recently i got notice from the sch on siling reservation for 2014. And i was told to pay one mth deposit NOW ($900). find it quite unreasonable. Just wana c any mummies here with child in moriah..wats ur view.

babycupid, did some classmate from your boy's class left the school recently?

my elder boy told me one of his ex-schoolmate joined him at the new school yesterday. dunno to belive him or not.... (can only believe 50% of his words.) lols

qiqi, hmm.. not very sure leh.. will check with my boy tonight.. haha..

Btw, I checked with the principal of Ichiban on the extend bb bonus on extra subsidy for below 7.5ks.. she said the mcys will mail a form to us and we will apply thru there.. and they will inform the sch how much we r entitled.. and deduct accordingly.. sch fees starting from May 2013.

given the high fees at Ichiban.. I will reconsider to place my girl elsewhere when she is older.. Any idea how long can I start to waitlist?

There is a FB grp for lil fernies playdate.. if u ladies interested to join us..

do give me your email. I add u into the grp k
happy.gif

Moriah.. now i pay $450 for my elder in K1 n $500 for my sec one in nursery..(After subsidy)

m reserving place for my ger next yr admission.. was told will b $600 next yr (after subsi)

cladi, price increase next year?

Is the sch good? I tried many sch but all full got to waitlist.. only this ichiban open house... i just grab lor.. I thinking with the extended bb bonus on childcare centre then not that burden.. at least some reduction..

they r like increasing every yr on new intake only la..

like my elder one join in 2009.. start at $450 per mth.. will stay on tat rate til k2 lo..

teacher not bad.. very willing to share with us how r the kids doing in school. And if i got any concern.. i can tok to them oso.. sch work wise.. i m not sure is it normal or better.. how to compare ah???

they do bring in external enrichment provider.. which we paid extra for tat.. like my elder doing abcus now.. $190 for a term.. while sec one doing phonic at $150 per term oso..

cladi: my elder one is in pcf k1 now. he used to be in young talents which is taken over by ichiban since 2010, cant afford the school fees...younger one was in ichiban for a while before sparkletots got vancacy for him.

babycupid: better start to queue now for your ger!

I thought the new school fees will kick in in Arpil 2013, gonna wait till May for the new fees to kick in
sad.gif

who is vwo ah?? the upcoming provider..

bbcupid> u better start q.. my gfS in fv already went pcf at 441 get form to fill on mon. q for next yr admission.

cladi, i want to start only after my boy into pri 1.. 2 yrs more.. hehe.. can I start to Q now for intake 2015 Jan?

haha.. can go ask la.. no harm ma.. but hor.. this moriah is asking for one mth b4 subsi fee as deposit.. not sure other sch..

which pri u targeting.. our boy same age wo.. hee

cladi, its standard procedures.. My boy old sch, ichiban too...

Haha.. If in sengkang will be Sengkang Green the new sch.. if not, will put him in my school.. ChongFu Pri in Yishun..

U?

Put one mth deposit now for next yr admission is std procedures ah?? last time i reserve for my 2nd.. no need wo.. i tot sibling reservation.. since one child in the sch liao.. no need so huge deposit ba..

I oso thkin SK green or Nan chaiu.. hee..

i thk sk green not likely to ballot ba.. we r goin to register next yr le wo..

but come to thk.. by then.. most of those bto flat ard the sch is ready .. more ppl moved in.. so hard to say hor

cladi, haha.. yes.. by then many will move in.. fernvale will be very crowded! any idea when the shopping mall be ready? also, I knew there is a new ntuc somewhere 447? anyone visited?

cladi, oh really.. i tot i saw it from NTUC at fernvale pt stated opened.. or issit opening soon? haha..

Is the mall with cinema? Saw the poster looks like it.. haha..

Hi all, its been awhile since i log in to forum.
I am a first-time mummy and am wondering how you guys knew how much breastmilk to pump or feed baby with each time? Got so much of things to enquire and learn.

michelle, ermm.. all depends on the bb intake.. for pumping, of coz the more u can get the better... just keep it for future use.. how old your nb?

ohhh.. initially really need to latch n pump latch n pump.. empty ur breasts to send signal to your body u need more milk! Say easier than done.. I been thru twice.. first gave up after 2wks.. cant keep up to my boy demand.. second doing better.. close to 3mths.. but only partial feed.. very tiring!

Are u staying in fernvale?

Hi Michelle!

Personally experience: I latch on demand for the first 2 mths. (almost latching on 24/7 +_+) Afterwhich i tried pumping out everytime bb finish a feed so that i can build up my breastmilk after i go back to work. 1-2 weeks before going back to work, i started to pump at the timing that i know i will be pumping at work so that my body will be used to it. (eg: 10am and 4pm). I remember few days, i can't wait to go back to my bb so that he can relieve my engorgored breasts. heehee....

bb is on full bm for almost a year and is still latching him now
happy.gif

qiqi, very good! I cant leh.. my supply just not enuff... even with my mum so supportive over bf.. she even asked me to stop after seeing both of us struggling.. Latch, Pump, FM.. and she even asked me to stop pumping cos no milk! even I am using medela electric pump.. and worst of all.. I drank green papaya fish soup 4 times a day for the whole mth! still.... sigh...

i didn't succeed for #1, he refused/ dunno how to latch.
sad.gif

#2, i decided to invest in medela freestyle! *thumbs up* and luckily #2 is a natural at latching! haha... but my problem now is dunno how to wean him off. *facepalm*

qiqi, i even suspect the electric pump not working well.. but my sis delivered 3 wks b4 me test on it for me.. its ok! milk flows well.. she is fully bf for a yr+.. so I really has no milk...... if I have #3 i will try again!

hmm... babycupid, maybe u try fully lactch on for the first month for #3. At least wait for the milk to stablise.

i rem i tried to pump during when bb was 1-2 weeks, also no milk flow out. i was so confused cos all the while bb is latching on well, for a while i thought die liao, did bb drank enough for these 2 weeks mah.... then i heck care and focus on just latching. started to pump only before returning to work. so far so good.
happy.gif

qiqi,

my #2 ok with latching on but every hr for abt 5-6 times.. then she got upset and just need FM to cool her down.. too hungry i guessed.. so while she FM I tried to pump lor.. the most i get 30ml-60ml.. until 2mths+ still ard there.. both sides~ very pathetic.. sigh...

Back