Mummies staying at Fernvale

faithangel,

How old is your son? My son is attending K1 currently and my daughter will join the playgroup in march 2013..

BabyCupid

My son is now 15.5 mths, Kit says can only enroll him after he really reach 18 mths, so will start sch in April 2013.

But as Ichiban's fees is on the high side, I am thinking of calling Sparkletots to check for vacancy..

Faithangel,

Same here, my girl turns 18mths in March..

Yes, the fees is on the high side but I find their curriculum is better and food varieties/portion is good with additional meal for kids after 6pm is quite thoughtful.

How much is Sparkletots? I heard the waiting list is very long..!

HI Qiqi,
Yup, that kindergarden program call K+ by the principal at my girl's skool. My girl is at the sparkletots now.
happy.gif

Hi Faithangel and babycupid, sparkletots is $642 before subsidies for full day. Waiting list is reali long so you better put urself in waitlist if keen.

Babycupid, thats true! that's part of the reason why My First School and Sparkletots is always super long waiting list in areas like SK and Punggol. Cos the fees in private childcares in these 2 areas can be very big difference despite environment may be similar (under hdb for eg). Haizz. Hope the gov can control and standardise the prices lo.

Lena,

Sigh.. No choice, both parents has to work now to support! Very tough to rely on one income.. especially the high living standards now..
Which blk you stay?

I hoping to get a place in cheaper options but too bad cant get for both of my kids. Smartie Cottage only accept my boy and not my girl (too small) They only take in 3 yrs old and above..

I dont want to go through the trouble of sending and fetching from 2 different childcare centres.. so have to do with what i managed to get.. which is the expensive option.

I have to pay $650 x 2 and helper $620. Helper is going back home in Oct 2013, that is why I have to put my girl at such young age..

babycupid, ya.. that's the sad fact for most Singapore parents now. Parents gotta work so have to place kids at CC. Gov want us to produce more, yet facilities limited and increasing living cost.

I went to view outside smartie cottage before, don't reali like the environment. The teachers like not reali concentrating on the kids and I even saw one young teacher wearing spagetti top, can c her bra staps and the back of her bra. So i decided not to go in since i have a bad feeling by just lookin from outside. haha.

I'm currently stayin in anchorvale, will shift to fernvale when my house ready. My new house is blk 43_ sometin.. Hee. how about u?

I hope to plan no 2 when i shift new house too. But so many worries to tin and plan about. Your boy adapting well in Ichiban?

Lena,

Ic.. I didnt really go to smartie cottage to take a look.. glad that i didnt opt for that.. haha..

Oh.. anchorvale.. so when will your new house be ready? I am staying at blk 406C.. the pioneer blks in fernvale.. hee.. 2013 is our 10th yr..

Settle your hse first then think abt #2.. if not everything comes at one go, very stress..
happy.gif

Yes, my boy is adapting well.. he likes the sch.. I think maybe becos of their way of teaching? More fun/activites. Or maybe of it is montessori?

Now, I settled my boy.. next is my girl in March.. *cross fingers*

Hi Lena,

My boy is at sparkletots now as well
happy.gif

Maybe they are classmates? heehee...

I withdraw both my boys from Ichiban due to the high school fees. My elder boy had been with Young Talents since they started operations till they changed to Ichiban.

qiqi,

Oh.. so when u started to apply for sparkletots? It's long list..

Mummies,

My fren kid is with PCF 4hrs K1 and I am surprised that their sch fees is 210! So ex for a non childcare.. I thought shld be lesser?

Hi BabyCupid,

Hmm... i can't really remember. Think i called up in April/ June 2012 or even earlier. Was put on waiting list. I wanted to enrol my boy who will be 18mths in Oct 2012 there. I also kept emailing to ask them and finally got a reply last Nov/ Dec.

The school fees for my elder boy who's in pcf k1 is $125 per mth. Material fees $120 per 6 mths.

qiqi,

icic, is the pcf aircon?

I might want to consider changing my girl to sparkletots when she older.. after kor kor goes to pri 1..

babycupid,

u meant pcf k1? i think so. cant really remember. we parents are not allowed to go in and the view is blocked from outside.

as for sparkletots, it's fully air-conditioned.

Ohhhh!! u r very good.. I cant spot the difference.. haha.. Ok, I will try for the 3rd one tonight.. lol!!

Hi baby cupid, wa.. reali a pioneer in Fernvale leh.. haha.. mine will ready ard june this year.. hee... Good to hear ur boy adapting well.. Dun worry abt your girl.. Usually the younger sibling adapt even faster cos they keep seeing how their older sibling go skool etc..
happy.gif

Baby dust to u! Haha..

Hi Qiqi, mind to say your boy's name? Hehe... my girl is under toddler C...

I'm quite surprise that Ichiban took over Young Talents that time cos Young Talents business should be good since full house kind and online feedback seem quite gd...

Hi Lena,

Parents of Young Talents got a shock one early morning in June i think. Hahaha.... To receive letter that the school will cease operations/ changed management. The Supervisor then told us that the staffs were only informed the day before during lunchtime. Everything was done very quietly.

I can't remember my boy is in B or C. But his classroom is the one beside the infant area, beside the wash up area.

Haha... sound abit too 'quiet' the way Young Talents handle the transfer issue... Kinda scary for the ppl involved especially teachers.. They should also give parents notice so they can look for other CCs if they cannot accept the increased fees..

Ahh, ic.. Then they're different class liao... hee... Wat time do you send him to skool n do u fetch him? Maybe we c each other before..
happy.gif

i think they give 2-3mths notice. The takeover was only effective from 1st August 2012. Then u start to see the teachers "disappear" one by one and new teachers started to come in. Now is a totally new batch of staffs at the centre.

I normally sent him there at abt 7.30am. Hubby will fetch him at abt 5plus.
happy.gif

And he's still crying when i left him in the morning. lols.

Ic... then still ok... Haha.. i thought they last min inform parents..

Oh, then dun tin we met each other cos we reach there ard 8am.. My ILs will fetch her between 4+ to 6pm depending on the time they finish work...

My girl has stopped crying since last tue... This few days did not attend skool due to fever and today just went... we were so surprise she did not cry! Haha.. In fact, she can't wait to go in play toys... -_-"

Tin i should c your boy before cos usually there's not alot of kids ard 8am too... haha.. Ur boy just started in Jan too?

Oh, my girl started on 3 Jan... I was there for ard 3 days... You only stayed one day? I dun rmb seeing much parents stayin during my presence too... By the way, glad to noe one mummy who's kid attending same school wif my kid! Hee...

Wa... You so power.. Can let go so soon...
happy.gif

I stayed for 2 days all the way so as to observe the teachers and my girl.. Also to guide/teach my girl so she wont get frightened if i'm gone.. On third day, i stayed half day and left.. Heehee

Aiya, he used to be from Ichiban. And since i'm only able to take one day leave, better to let him adapt asap. I did not even stay with him when he went into Ichiban at 18 mths old. Just throw him and his brother and went off for work. Wahahaha.... i remember the first 2 weeks, he will cry whenever he bump into his older brother in the toilet, outside the classroom etc. LOL.

True, since he attend school before, may be faster in adaptin..
happy.gif

Lol, he mux b feeling sooo grateful/touched to c his bro ard... Cute description! If i got no 2, tin i will put at the infant care in this school wif my girl too..

This morning i saw the list for C class. There's only about 6 kids. How come so little? Thought normally the class is maxed out since Sparkletots is on long waiting list. *scratch head*

Nah, the teachers told mi there's total 11 kids in C class... MAybe some r sick so did not attend skool... How many kids is ur boy's class, Your boy should b in B class?

haha.. nice to koe Lena and Qiqi.. though our kids are not in the same sch.. hehe.. we can exchange sch practice, etc..

I was told Ichiban is not allowed to have parents for the first few days.. From Day 1 we have to leave the kids there.. I am ok with such arrangements.. heh..

Just worry on the food menu.. cos 18 mths is taking the same menu with the bigger kids.. I wonder how my girl eats.. as she do not have that many teeth yet.. any mummies can advise? I will also check with the principal nearer to date...

Lena, i only see from the class list at the entrance. Never really ask the teachers. Yup, my boy is in B class, a total of 12 according to the list.
happy.gif

Bbaycupid, can your gal chew her food? My boy is already capable of chewing when he started. So the teacher will feed him whenever it's mealtime.

qiqi,

she koes how to chew.. but she only has one molar top and bottom.. not sure if that's sufficient for her to chew.. haha..

Yes lor.. have to check with her again.. hee..

with the new extended bb bonus of childcare subsidy.. anyone here benefits from it? At least a $100 for 7,500 hsehold income..

qiqi,

any idea on the procedures? Do we need to apply it ourselves? or they based on our income tax filing? heh..

wah babycupid, i dun dare to place so high hopes! lols.

that day i was asking my elder boy whether he wanted to do back to Ichiban or not but he told me he's scared cos already used to the new environment now. :p

babycupid: if he goes back, he will be in the same class as your boy.
happy.gif

Nice to know you too Babycupid!
happy.gif
Ichiban sound strict, if parents not allowed even for first few days, wont it be very scary for the kiddo?

Don't worry, Childcare usually have different food serve like noodle porridge etc.. Tin your girl should be ok since she can chew and got most teeth..
happy.gif

Ya, i wonder about this subsidies too.. Cos my hub is in ID line and his pay is not fixed so i wonder how they calculate gross income for family like us...

qiqi, hahaha.. it is IMPOSSIBLE!
Oh.. you planning for your boy to be back to IChiban?

Lena, hmm.. I think never enuff.. even its after a few days.. they will be scared too.. haha.. so maybe the earlier the better?
I think they will base on the income tax filing.. If not letter of employment?

babycupid, thinking of only cos it's just downstairs! haha.... but don't think my boy will want to go back to the days of no holidays and 12 hours stay in school.

Back