Mummies staying at Fernvale

Hi Mummies,

Do you know of any childcare that has vacancy now? My boy is at Young Talents but i thinking of switching to another sch

My son at Vegetarian Montessori school also near to Fernvale. You google on it.
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

my boy is in sparkletots fernvale, he like his school and always look forward to go to school to play with his friends. He had been in there for 1 year. i have good impression with the teachers there, they were very caring and understanding. Cleaniness wise were quite good too
happy.gif

Hi all

Looking for playgroups for my 20mth old. Realised that its hard to find one that's not of a daily basis. Anyone can share their thoughts on Appletree, Little Learners and Talentplus?

Dear mummies, any idea if any child care in fernvale area accept registration for oct 2013? I need to secure a space for my son as my dad only can take care him until then. I called young talent, they are full and don't even want to put me in waiting list.

Hi Devilmom

You don't accept pm. My friend is putting her kid in Young talent. Dont think they are accepting early registration.
I am also staying in fernvale and is april 2012 mom.

Any mummies keen to buy over Enfagrow Stage 3 1.8kg from me? Its nto the improved version but its still drinkable. Do PM me for more details.

Any mummies keen to buy over loose facial My Beauty Diary & Faceshop masks? Please PM me.

Letting go cheaply at $1.50 each.

Mummies, I heard Young Talent is stand alone nw n not link to their other brands.. they are run by an individual operator.. not sure how true.. I hv been wanting to check them out n transfer my girl to their cc once my boy hit 18mths but look like there aren't many reviews on the new operator...

Hi LawShe, don't think it's true. The new principal had just came in, previously it was taken care of by the director of operations who oversee the other cerntres as well. Things had more or less settled down since they took over in August. (Both my boys are in there.
happy.gif
)

hi, my son is in young talents/ichiban now. ACtually i find the new management not really very good. I dun find the passion there any more, it feels so commercial and all about $ now.

since my boy is turning 18 months, thinking of changing to other schools nearby, but then all seems to be full with lots on the waitlist.

Hi Mummy Monkey,

Actually there's my thinking also. Especially when we received those letters on the earlier closing hours and the cease of the dinner provided at the end of the year.

But after talking to the director of operations, Ms Eliz and Kit. I feel that Ms Eliz really had the passion in teaching the kids. Ms Eliz shared with me on the new curriculum for the kids. Since they have just take over, i will just wait and see.
happy.gif

Hi Mummies, I went to Ichiban on various occasions to check them out, but was really disappointing on the whole... the teaching environment was beyond the control of the "teachers" n kids were left running about when class is ongoing and nobody bothers to bring them back to join the class..

Met Ms Kit and find her rather pushy, keep repeating that they are hitting the class size and request for me to submit my cheque.. Various calls follow to rush me for a decision and I find it quite irritating...

And I find the qualification of the teachers very questionable.. One of my Indian neighbor is teaching in the center (but I tot I just saw her scolding a kid at the lift lobby few days back and was screaming away).. Is she a qualified teacher???

Aside from the above negatives, I observed that the infant care was rather well maintained... Perhaps they dun hv many infants w them right now but the babies were all happy and smiling away.. A sign of adequate care n attention..

Its a very big issue to find childcare centres for our kids in fernvale..

I have called most of it and was told full and waitlist.. Came across a phamplet for Ichiban childcare and decided to just go for it.. any idea how much roughly they charge?

Btw, I have enrolled both my kids for Ichiban.. My boy is starting in Jan 2013 (K1) and girl in Mar 2013 (once she turns 18 mths)

My hb and I went to ichiban's open house last sat and the principal was also 'pushing' us to put the deposit to secure a place.

Apart from ichiban's, there are also other childcare centres - Moriah School House, My First Skool (Anchorvale), Little Learners playgroup at the RC.

Anyone has any feedback for those listed above?

Ichiban's fees are rather exp... but the location is very good..

Hi,
just want to check if any mummy is sending her kid to Anchor green primary?
My boys will be in Primary 1 next year.

i need advice, fernvale mummies,

early this year, we went to sparkletots to ask bout toddler class, i was quite happy when the principal told us that for my son turning 18months, there is available place, unless the infant class there is alot of them graduate to toddler class, but currently their infant class still have vacancy as well. So upon, touring the center and fill up the form. I felt not secure as how to make sure when my son turn 18months later, the school will confirm call us? Dont we need to pay any deposit or any slip? Not easy to get a place in child care nowadays. There is so many students. So i asked the principal, and was adviced only when during registering my son, then need to pay the school fee, they will confirm call us before he turning 18months.

YA RITE. no calls at all. so i was curious, asked my husband, but husband said maybe they will call us on our son's birthday...so i urged him to call the school to verify. and surprise surprise...the lady who picked up the calls, said their center now is FULL, no vacancy available. even my husband told her our issue, she told him if you want you will be in waiting list. but when asked, how many people in the waiting list...she not sure..

BUT how can they said this when in the beginning they told us different story? Now where to go and register? You think school one day/weeks can be easily found? We search the area around us but all full, only sparkletots gave us hope. I was so happy..and told my relatives. If i had misunderstanding what the principal told me earlier on, why is it...i told everyone my son will go to sparkletots when he turn 18months? If we were rich people, of course those $$ issue is nothing you see. Now where can we find a place that can offer same school fee as them and convenient?

Hi Fernvale mummies,
I"m a SAHM with 2 kids, 2+ & 5 mths im currntly ordering tingkat for dinner but somehow i feel its not gd for my 2+. Dinner come at 3+ and we only eat at 6+,7. worry about food quality etc and there is no wway for me to cook dinner with 2 of them at home. I'm wanted to to look for mummy that cook at home. Best to cook soup everyday. im willing to pay and you can earn an extra income at home!
happy.gif
anyone that has ppl cooking at home can PM me and we can see if we can try working that out together.

Thanks!

Galz_22,
nice to see you.
Can I check how is the school?
I am getting a bit worried as the date is nearer for the boys to enter primary 1.
anything to lookout for when the kids are in primary 1?

Kimmielalala,
this is a very common problem, you need to pay the registration fee and deposit to be confirmed a place. even for the after school care, I faced the same problem, within 4 days because I was not able to go and make payment, there are people who make payment even before they secured a place in the school, so in the end they withdraw and thankfully, i secure the after school care for my boys. That means, in July 2012, people have asked about after school care service for kids entering primary 1 in 2014 and are willing to pay to secure the place.

Hi everyone, im a Fernvale mummy too. Now I'm staying with my in law, will b moving back to Fernvale in feb13. Just registered my girl who just turn 2 at the Ichiban montenssori. Presently, my girl is doing very well at Cherie hearts @ Starhub Green. Since I'm moving back, I left with no choice but to switch cc. After looking at the comments on Ichiban, I'm really skeptical coz I haf placed a deposit to secure a place for the Jan 13 class.
My niece is now at the Ichiban cc. And my sis commented that my niece's Chinese language has improved a lot after the changing of management. Furthermore she loves the Chinese teacher. Previously, she dislike the Chinese teacher as the teacher kept scolding her. My sis even placed deposit for her #2 girl for the infant care.

hi mummies staying at fernvale, I have 2 sets of sparkle tots uniform & 2 sets of PE attire to let go cheaply. Please PM me if interested.

Mrs Tan,
Glad to hear some positive feedback on Ichiban CC.. I have also enrolled both my kids there.. Son is moving back from my in law place so a change in sch.. Jan 13 (K1) and my girl will be Mar 13 (Playgroup 18mths old).
I read on them before i went for their open house.. but seriously desperate abt it as CCs in FV is limited and FULL! So I went ahead to secure two seats even the fees are high! Just hope my kids got a place before my helper leaves in Oct 2013.

Actually i don't think anyone can comment/ feedback on Ichiban right now. They will only start their Montessori teaching from Jan 2013. Currently they are only testing the kids' ability and reinforce/ retrain them as the new teachers had only just taken over in Sep 2012. The chinese teacher of my boy (N2) said their chinese 笔画are all wrong and she needs to reteach them the correct sequence.

Hi all,

my sister had two new ichiban uniform and two new P.E attire to let go cheaply, they are not wear after buying and still in plastic bag, Size M. pls PM me whoever interested.

Thanks,
Clarin

Hi Mummies,

I have the following boy set for sale:

-1 set of preloved size L Ichiban Montessori Uniform going for $12/set. Lightly worn.
-2 sets of BN size XS Ichiban Montessori PE attire going for $18/ set.

Hi princess cabbage,

Ichiban contact is 6634 9138, principal is Kit.

I have registered my son for the toddler's grp but only starting class in Apr 13.

HI Fruity Moose and Qiqi, do you mean the K+ under PCF? My kid is with the CC at blk 441 which is up till N2. From what i heard from one the teacher who actually teach at K+ and currently helping at my girl's school, she said K+ is quite gd cos more organise, at least better than my girl's school. I went to c the center from outside before too, it does seem ok.

Hi Lena,

I'm actually referring to the normal kindergarten program at Blk 443. Since we cant view from outside what the teachers are teaching, really wonder how it is. Btw, your kid is at sparkletots now?

Back