Mummies staying at Fernvale

kong> Hi there, I have checked Moriah Schoolhouse & they are charging Infant care $1,873.00 & subsequent $600.00 per month. I find kinda daylight robbery & hence decided to look for babysitter instead. Do u know our area has any experienced babysitter? =(

wow so exp rates now..
proud.gif

was 1.1k with 400 subsidy 4yrs ago..

now 1.8k+ with 600 subsidy..

how to boost birth rates spore?!..haha..

Hi Evie,monthly fee for infant is SGD 1200 after subsidy is SGD 600...ya they increase SGD 100 in August 2008.

Haiz...i try to find babysitter too but cant so in the end put my baby in infant care as well with my second boy. Know of one stay at blk 407B but she herself got two children so i dun want. Hmm...i cant remember one website, is a list of babysitter register under NTUC, i remember calling one staying at rivervale but the charges is not cheap too... SGD 700 for first six mth then additional SGD 50 once baby on solid food.She is not avaiable but wanted to intro me her frenz...

Maybe you ask your neighbour to check out for you. Lastime me too, ask neighbour, ask the kopitiam people...but still cant find
sad.gif

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma">can anyone advise me how to help my filipino maid to remit $ back home? the charges?

i m 1st timer :p

any 'online' banking kind?</font>

morning mummies...Been a long time...

Crayonmum- ian first day in sch? hw?

Chrisy- u may go post office western union. Bring work permit and ur ic..

Hi mummies,

Do you know where to get kids furniture? I am looking for foldable kids table, does furniture shop sells this type of tables?

pingping,

hve not come across foldable kids tables.. but ikea is having their annual sale now and they have kids table though not foldable.
happy.gif

Crayonmum,

Thanks for yr reply, I guess now foldable tables are not available anymore. Will take a look at Ikea.

Hello Ladies,

why so quiet now a days? Recently, jus registered Yuxuan at Appletree for nx year class. Class have nt start already paid $255, Hehe!

Vivienne,
ya, I've been reading but nothing to contribute leh. So when's our next meetup?
happy.gif

Crayonmum,
how's Ian doing in the new CC? Got used liao? So you must feeling so free now. hehe. We should meet up soon!
happy.gif

Hi crayonmum,

I went to view Honey Tree @ Canaan last wk, was thinking of switching my son to there, do give me some feedbacks before i decide, thx. hopefully i can get the playyard from you hehehehe...

Irin,

yah.. ian got used to Honeytree very fast... and likes it there.. every morn.. when i wake him up.. i just have to say.. time to go honeytree sch.. and he will "spring" up.
happy.gif

was telling fi this morn when i met her last min for breakfast (today my nose cleared up liao.. yest was having runny nose so cldn't meet u gals)that we shd go to the gym at anchorvale cc one of these days! onz?
happy.gif
i'm also trying to lose weight now leh.. dat's why i'm walking home fr Honeytree everyday after i drop ian.. hahaha..

ilim,

only saw ur post after i smsed u just now.
happy.gif
hee.

I like Honey Tree so far. The teachers r all very friendly and caring... though the principal looks abit fierce.. but i think she's a nice lady... very hands-on principal.. saw her mopping the floor 1 morn and carrying a crying kid on a few occasions.

how old is ur boy? my boy is dec 06 baby so he's in N1. Basically the N1 and N2 classes share the same teachers. So when N1 is having English class, N2 will hve Chinese class and then the teachers will switch over at the next session.

Both the Nursery teachers are very lively and cheerful.. and very positive.. as in they praise the students alot. Noticed that when I sat in on the 1st day throughout the whole 2 sessions. The teacher asst is also very gd.. not auntie kind... and well-liked by the students.

The theme for this term is creatures.. and so the teachers brought a snail, terrapin and millipede to show the kids.. and the Chinese teacher told me that she will try to catch a Butterfly today to show the kids.
happy.gif

Basically the kids have quite a well-rounded education.. with outdoor play and waterplay. I think the principal shd have given u a copy of the timetable? Meals are also quite interesting. My boy who is a fussy eater eats alot in sch according to the teachers. My boy is very active and runs around and refused to sit down for proper lessons on the 1st few days. I think the teachers are really patient towards my boy.. they wun force him to sit down but will try to entice him to join the class. They have fedback to me that my boy is participating well in class now. My boy is one of the 2 N1 kids who wears the new uniform and the only botak one.. so u may have noticed him when u visited the sch.. hee. So no complaints so far and am very happy with the sch.
happy.gif

Oh.. quite a few kids in the sch stay in Fernvale too.

Irin, meetup can jus let me know when.
happy.gif

Crayonmum - Where is Honeytree? Is it far? Sounds good leh! Half day or full day? At Appletree is a Malay teacher, i think is Aida.

I jus join the Cardio Yoga class at this Anchorvale CC starting tis Sat. Dunno much abt this class, jus trying out. Gym haven try b4, if u r going on wkdays afternn let me know. I wld like to try too! I am also trying to lose weight. My helper can cook too well, that's y going fat. Hahaha!
rofl.gif

Vivienne,

HOneytree Schoolhouse is at Tamarind Rd.. it's the sch just behind the Bus Stop of Serenity Park Condo just before the YCK Rd CTE entrance. Used to be a kindergarten called Canaan.. but changed to Childcare centre but same management. http://honeytreecanaan.blogspot.com/

Ian is in halfday.
happy.gif

I can only go gym in the morn.. when ian is in sch.. hehe

crayonmum

When i was there last wk all the kids have gone home only 1 gal was ard but sleeping, she's the only one staying there for full day. I intend to put him in for full day as i jus gave birth to my bb gal last mth. My boy is born in Feb 06 so if we decide to put him in Honeytree, he will be in the same class as your boy
happy.gif

ilim,

oic.. hope to see ur boy at Honeytree.
happy.gif

I din know there's only 1 kid in fullday ... wah.. the kid must enjoy lotsa attention! value for money leh.. 1:1 teaching. :D

There's Qdees next to Honeytree, Kinderland down the road and some others within the Seletar Estate. Hope u find a suitable one soon.
happy.gif

Crayonmum,
wah, walk back from Honeytree?? That's quite a distance leh.

Aiyah, I'm a lazy bum when it comes to exercising, haha!! My friend recommended me a 3 mths shaping and trimming programme and I find it quite good leh.

So when is our next meetup? Sea8, when is your next leave?
happy.gif

Hi crayonmum,

Honeytree sounds like a very good school from what you hv described. How much did you pay per month? How long is one session? Thanks in advance.

crayonmum

My boy was previously from Q-dees at 195C Punggol, they offered to tsf my boy over to the one at Yio Chu Kang but i dun wan cos heard that it's not gd.

Went to Kinderland too but dun like the environment hmmm... still looking ard if cannot find one tht i like then i will stick to his present CC.

pingping,

Half day is $430 per mth 4 new students. I registered ian in feb dis yr b4 they changed to a childcare ctr so the principal offered me special existing student rate of $250 per mth 4 dis yr. ;)

Ilim,

Oic. If ur boy is happy in his present cc, tink it's better to stick to it. Wat is gd 4 1 kid may nt be gd 4 another.
happy.gif
my boy was wif appletree and he din like it at all even though most kids in his class seem to enjoy the lessons. Which cc is ur boy in currently?

Afternoon mummies...
vivienne and Irin-cum cum.. muz go gym.. me n hani have been planning since last year.. wahahahaha.. we are tht hardworking..

Irin- nxt wed muz cum ok.. nw caryn oso cum.. kekeke..

Sea8-YOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... I saw Zavier yest wif ur mama.. heheheh.. u mia ah...

Fi - Gym, when?
happy.gif

Crayonmum - thks, the sch looks good. Mayb, will send Yuxuan for Nursery in 2011. Kekeke! Hope he enjoys Appletree class nx year!
smile.gif

Why didn't Ian enjoy Appletree class?

crayonmum

My son is in Mindchamps now, actually he is very happy there jus tht now i'm no longer working thought of chging him to another gd n cheaper CC....

To all mummies

Hi to all of you, jus a brief intro of myself, i'm new to this thread and i moved in to Fernvale last dec, i have 2 kids. My son is 3 this yr n his name is Keagan n i jus gave birth to my bb gal last mth n her name is Megan, hope to see you all ard
happy.gif

vivienne,
I tink ian din enjoy the numerous rules at appletree.. The kids r expected to sit still listening to the teacher and they hve to sit against the wall 4 water break. He was prob 2 young 4 dat at 25 mths. There was lotsa singing dat he din like and will spent the whole time flipping thru books while the rest of the class continues the lessons. The teacher and auntie also din bother to ask him to participate. i tot it was a waste of time so i switched to kindertots which he loved lots and then to honeytree nw. Switched to honeytree coz they teach chinese and has their own playgrd wif age appropriate equipment in a confined area. Ian is v active so im more careful lor.
happy.gif
halfday cc also means i hve more time to do my things.

Ilim,
Heard dat mindchamps has a v gd curriculum but way beyond my budget! Hee. So u r a sahm nw? Do join us during meet ups.. It's usually when sea8 is on leave.
happy.gif

Crayonmum,
haha, I laughed when I read your post to llim. We can still meet even though sea8 is not on leave lah. hehe.

Next week? At Koufu for bkfast?

Fi, Vivienne, Hottiemama &amp; etc,
which day is better?

Afternoon all!!!

Hi ilim- Im Fi. a mum to a pair of 2.5yr old twins.. Am at 413B. hehehe.. Am a sahm..Do cum and join us 4 bf or playdates...

Vivienne- gym when everybody dcide to move their butt..wahahahaha........

Nxt wk bf is fine.. anyday is gd...Except wed.

Fi,

i know one of the lifeguards there is an old auntie! ahhahaha.. ;p there're quite a few of them there... not sure if they're cute though.. nvr noticed. hee

Irin,

Breakfast at koufu is on.. any morning is ok for me..
happy.gif

hahaha.. coz we r usually prompted by sea8 to meet up when she's on leave.

crayonmum

ya mindchamps haf very curriculum, actually if will to calculate the price i's quite worth it cos from mon-fri after their nap is their enrichment programme, jus tht now i'm a full time SAHM so thinking of chging my boy.... but on the other hand dun feel like chging him cos if chg i still haf to sign up enrichment class so will see how unless i can find another CC wif gd curriculum.

Fi - Me at 407B, sure jus let me know when for bf
happy.gif

ilim,

oic.. the principal of honeytree told me that there're enrichment classes in the afternoons, namely Chinese speech and drama by Lifesparks (which is the same service provider as Chatsworth), Intensive Phonics and Reading (by Sunshine Kidz)and Creative art and craft (by Kiddy and Art). They gve me the info when I registered Ian in Feb this yr.. but it's for N2 onwards only. Not sure if they have changed the service providers now also. But i think can't be compared to Mindchamps lah. hee.

Yah.. join us for breakfast next week when the date/timing if fixed.
happy.gif

Fi,
lifeguard?? You and Crayonmum better protect me, I can't swim!!

Oh ya, welcome llim and woofie!!
happy.gif

I'm an ex-Fernvale mummy with a pair of 28mths old B/G twins. Though I've shifted out of Fernvale but I'm still nearby at Hougang. Hope to see you gals around soon.
happy.gif

gd mrng mummies!

last evening i saw a few mummies having picnic on the open field..

anyone of you there last nite? so windy and carefree.. :p

Welcome IIim n woofie ! I'm a SAHM of 3 kids at 407A.

Irin - How abt getting a handsome instructor instead hahaha.
kao_laugh.gif

Fi - My kids swimming instructor is the lifeguard at Anchv SC but is a dark fat uncle. Keke.
happy.gif

Nx wk any wkdays bf also can for me.
happy.gif

Afternoon mummies

Wahahaha Irin, no have gd looking lifeguard.. kekekeke

Chrisy- nope not me.But wish i was thr though... Maybe we should all have a picnic one of the evenings..

Vivienne- WAHAHAHAHAHAHA..

Irin- ex Fernvale macam ex con like tat...

Wolfie- Hi Hi Hi.. whrabouts u staying?

crayonmum

Ya it is still the same service provider for the enrichment classes cos i rmm the principal mention it to me.

Fi

Never see any handsome lifeguards there leh n i know some of the chinese lifeguards are from China.

woah..picnic and fly "layang" sounds good!

i'm a first time mummy stayg at Fernvale Grove..
my baby ger is 3 mths now..next monday going to go back to work..sobz sobz..

Hi All...finally my baby recover his cough...i bring him to see chinese physician last week and he is recover. Reliase he got sensitive nose like me so still taking medicine to "tiao"...

if got garthering on weekend evening...do PM me, heehee...

here i want to thanks Ping Ping and Crayonmum and Chrisy...really thanks for your listening ears and giving advice when my baby is coughing...

I will strongly recommend the chinese physician i went in eunos...should have go there in the first place, haiz...my two elder boys used to cough when they are younger often too esspecially after cold drink etc...after about 3-6mths...they can take cold drink and dun cough easily...

Good morning mummies,

Crayonmum - Jus saw where Honeytree is, walk back fr there , very far leh! U r good, surely v slim nw.
happy.gif

Back