Mummies staying at Fernvale

Tigress,

Now I understand why you need a maid, you really need one otherwise you hv no life. The difference between yr husband and my husband is that my husband did help me to take of my elder gal when she was born, cos she is a firstborn. For my son, he bo chap cos he is always tired ( as he slept very little since my gal was born, it's his bad habit which I can't tolerate).

I agree with you, just seeing my kids makes me happy too, though they do drive me crazy sometimes.

hey.. is this a thread frm the doraemon calling fernvale mummies?? I can't find the previous thread.

Hi Irin, Fi, crayonmum, sea8, hottiemama, Vivienne,carmen22, Doraemon!!!!! So glad to find u all again!
happy.gif

Enne,
ya, the moderator "moved" us. I pm-ed you the link the other time leh. Maybe you missed it.
happy.gif

Irin-haha, I thot I was the intruder, now u r more of an 'intruder'?? keke. but ok la.. u r ex-fernvale ma.. I never 'fernvale' b4. hehe.

Vivienne, crayonmum, Fi, carmen-HI>. me ah.. tired lo coz at night I take care bb myself, coz he came home with the feeding machine coz on tube-feed, so need to take special care still, hard to say he ok anot coz this is long term thing, need to go back frequently for checkup.

Never have I expect to go thru so much emotional turmoil being a mum, even till now everyday also stressed coz living in jitters. Anyway don't wanna be too dampening here.

Hey any playdates must jio me k, will get 'permission' frm MIL help me take care of #2 so I can bring #1 out. hehe.
happy.gif

Oh yeah temporaily for the time being I am staying MIL hse in sengkang east way coz cannot bring #2 to and fro coz of the feeding machine. Now I go out also must think twice coz MIL stuck at home coz of him when I'm working, so normally after work or weekend, I take care myself there.

Evie-hihi I'm not frm fernvale, only fernvale neighbour, at compassvale. my MIL used to be a babysitter but now taking care of my kids.

How old is ur kid or kids??
happy.gif

Enne> Hello, I would need babysitter around Nov 2009 when baby boy is 4 months old.
happy.gif

Cant bring myself to put him in infant care centre during weekdays.

Evie-so u shd still be in ur first trimester??
happy.gif

You still got time to slowly source for a babysitter, got find thru agency? Quite a lot of factors to look at b4 agreeing on one hor? Coz previously those parents will come over my MIL place to see the environment b4 ok to let her babysit. she babysat a gal frm 2.5mths to now 7yrs old, long hor!

I also dun think infant care is safe lo.. better now.. hope u can find a good babysitter, hope some mommies here can recommend u a good one!

Enne,
Evie mentioned she needs one in Nov 2009 when her boy is 4mths old. Think she 's giving birth in Jul bah, last trimester now liao ...
happy.gif

Enne & RR> Yes, I'm due in July
happy.gif

I'm really hoping someone could recommend me a good babysitter. Kinda panic now? Preferably babysitter from fernvale estate or serangoon north ave 2.
Anyone???

Hi Enne,

Must be really hard on u... hope no. 2 will get better and better everyday.
happy.gif

Fernvale Mummies,

Was at Top Kang just now.. dun look like NTUC is moving in... saw some of the new shelving.. un-NTUC like.. maybe Prime or Ang Mo kind of supermart.

Pingping,

My boy once wore those fever plaster to the PD... and the PD told me that the fever bands are actually of no use in lowering the temperature...
happy.gif
so i stopped buying liao.

It's more effective to sponge the forehead, neck and various pts of the body with water.. when u go KKH A&E with a fever, they will give that.

hey guys..Yaz is dwn..had runny nose last last sat brought her gp.. gave antibiotics and meds.. last nite fever again n cough whole nite.. today go pd, bronchitis.. on nebulizer..double sian...

pingping- sponge with tap water. best way.. fever plaster doesnt really help. for me, if fever is high i strip n shower.. sure temp will go down..

Fi,

oh dear... u and the kids take care..

Pingping,

Fi was a nurse.... so her advice is surely gd.. hehee... yes.. when my boy has high fever.. i either shower him or put him in his baby bathtub to play water.
happy.gif

hi all,
understnd dat NTUC wl b open at the field near chinese temple...wich was told by MP during openg ceremony of PCF...
whn wl it b built?? dats anthr qstn...and in fact, Topkang was against the idea of hvng NTUC as it w mn competition for thm....agn, tis was told by MP...
happy.gif

carmen,

wow.. thks for the info!
happy.gif
yah lor.. dunno when NTUC will be open... sigh.. but i dun mind having 2 supermkts nearby.. hehehe... but also dunno whether by the time NTUC opens.. i will still be staying here.. :p

Fi, Crayonmum,
Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking whether there's a faster way of reducing the fever, as my son's fever is always 38.5-39 degrees. Fi, why did the GP give yr son antibiotics for runny nose? Antibiotics is good for bacterial infection (eg. urinary tract infection) not viral infection, you can refuse the antibiotics, I used to do that. Taking too much antibiotics in the long run weakens the body and it becomes resistant to the antibiotics. My friend was prescribed antibiotics for common flu every time she sees her GP, and she got so weak that she can't recover and hv to see chinese sinseh to get well.

My son's fever has gone down a bit after perspiring, but he's better than in the morning. My gal and I are down with flu too, I think I am the one who spread to them. My son was ok last night until my bodoh husband thought he was very hot and switched on the fan to no.2, I think he got chilled. I hv read a book that to bring down fever, is through perspiring, drinking lot of liquids and sleep. Fever is a way of discharging excess trapped heat in the body. So far I hv been using this method, sometimes with the help of paracemtamol which I try to avoid. The shower method will drive the heat into the body which will weaken the organs and whole body, though it helps to bring down the temp faster.

When I was young, my parents use the perspiring method when I had fever. Till now I still use it on myself and I feel much better after perspiring. Need to drink a lot of water, otherwise will be dehydrated.

Carmen
Thanks for the info, so disappointed that NTUC is not moving in yet.

crayonmum,
Hahaaa...agree...duno wait til whn...
mayb by den i oso shifted liao....
happy.gif

and heard oso there wl b eatg hse at fernvale grove..the directional sign is alredi there, bt nt sure if any1 has bidded it to start business...hope it wl start sn, at least more choices rather den the 1 n oni Koufu!!

pingping, i tink prespiration mtd works better 4 fever dat is below 38.5 deg. 4 high fever, the temp has to be brot dwn quickly coz sme kids can go into fits during high fever. High fever, in sme cases, can cause brain damage in young kids.
happy.gif
just sharing wat i read in toddler care books. Hope u dun mind. U and the kids tk care, yah?

Carmen, yeah! Another eating hse.
happy.gif
sian of koufu food liao. Looking fwd to more shops opening sn.

hihi...

Hi Carmen, beside Koufu, there is also another cafe at blk 408 there but true if one more eatg house will be great, haha...

Hi Ping Ping, think you have to see which methods work best for your kids. Sometimes they need the prespiration mtd or blowg fan. for me, after giving kids medicine, i will let them sleep. Got once, i keep spongg him but temp still high, my hubby say how can he sleep when im disturbing him, true enough, i let my boy sleep, every ten-fifteen minutes, i will check on him. His fever then drop.

oh ya, just wondering anyone know there is good tutors around fernvale.do let me know.

Hi Evie, my baby who is now four mths had been in the infant care Moriah Schoolhouse at blk 409b since he is two mths. True beggin i also super worried and sad puttg baby there. but i tink the infant care teachers are great. at home, my baby dun sleep, wake up every three hrs for milk but he sleep alot in the childcare, haha...its really help me alot...since then baby sleep better...you may give it a try before you go back to work if really cannot then find babysitter. i remember there is one at blk 407a, but she already had two children. lastime i also wanted to find babysitter but not much choice loh.i remember going to the web to find babysitter tink is under a NTUC web or so...there is a list of babysitter w address who register with NTUC( i really cannot recall) then you can call up and ask them. If they are not available, these babysitters will help you to ask around people.

Crayonmum,

No worries, it's good to hear different views. My chinese sinseh did told me that it's good for kids to perspire (not when they are sick but when they are healthy) daily, so they will not hv high fever. Initially I didn't understand what she say, later I understood what she meant, cos when they perspire daily, all the heat will be discharged daily so they won't hv heat trapped inside the body. I think it's an accumulative effect, for kids who don't perspire easily like my son, he'll hv high fever( he is weaker than my gal in terms of health). My gal perspires a lot and her fever is not so high and drops easily. I regret not seeing a chinese sinseh for my 2nd pregnancy, which I did for my 1st one.

Pingping,

yes..agree wif ur on the perspiration part when healthy. pple (like me) who dun perspire much have higher body temperature coz we dun discharge our heat thru perspiration... u know.. even when doing gym.. i perspire very little.. but i'm a camel (drinks lotsa water).. so dat's how i cool my body down... drink water and go toilet.. hehe. u know.. i dun drink fr cup at home.. i carry ard a 1.5l water tumbler... which i can finish drinking in 30 mins.. so i'm always busy boiling water at home.. hahha.
happy.gif

Hi 'old' & 'new' mummies of fernvale + enne and irin....
long timr didnt check the thread liao...heard from my sis Fi looking for 'old' bird...busy with work this few months....sighz...

enne, that's ur boy. he looks gd and alert. hey, you have become SAHM liao?

Fi, how's yaz now? zavier also kena cough, running nose, fever. went pd, he also said bronchitis...sighz...

Irin,
sorry, couldnt make it for your hse warming. how's ur 2 kids? they adapting well to the new env?

Carmen,
saw u and ur boy at koufu but i guess u didnt recogize me. keke

vivienne,
how's yuxuan? he must be very active now. chasing over him now? keke

crayonmum,
hey, i actually starting zavier playgp on tue, but he sick again, so gona postpone him for another week. saw ian that time while talking to teacher adil. he enjoying himself there yah...
happy.gif

hey, I am taking leave on 1 june, wana meet up for bfast/playgroup? let me know yeah. can text me if i didnt reply the thread.
happy.gif

hi sea8!
U appeared finally!! Hee. Oh, ur sis is reading the thread? Ask her to join in and chat leh.
happy.gif

Will look out 4 xavier next wk.. 10.30am class? Ian is joining canaan fr 1 jul.. So his last day at kindertots will be 12 jun. Always had the intention to enrol ian in either term 3 or 4 dis yr at canaan and since the principal called to inform gt vacancies.. Decided to let him go at term 3 and also i crave 4 my 4 hrs of freedom since it is half day sch. Keke. But i tink ian will b v sad to leave kindertots...

Yes yes, count me in if mtg up on 1 jun!

Enne,
Yes, ur no. 2 looks like he's doing well!
happy.gif
he has big aleart eyes. btw, wats his name? Hw old liao?

sea8-no la.. I still work.. heng that time got 4mths ML else I already using unpaid leave that time le.. I thot of taking a break, quit and find new job.

crayonmum-Leighton.
happy.gif
he's 5mths gog 6.. but he is small coz of his condition. but dun wanna compare, his health most impt.

Wah, the thread is alive again.

Fi,
hope Yaz gets well soon.

Sea8,
we missed you!!
happy.gif
RR are doing fine at the new env. Think they love it here cos they can see my parents everyday.
happy.gif

I'm on for bkfast or playdate on 1 Jun. Can come over my place for playdate if you gals don't mind though I know I'm abit far from you gals now ...
sad.gif

crayonmum,
yeah!! me 2...sian of Koufu bt no choice...
sad.gif

kong,
oh yes!! fernvale cafe, sumX bring my kiddos there for snacks...food nt 2 bad...hehee

sea8,
oh, u saw me!!! sori, usu morng i v blur, cos wakeup early, and hv 2 rush my gal 2 sch...so paiseh i din c u...nx time u shout for me ya!!! hahaaaa
2day lazy to cook, thus got time to sit at koufu n hv bfast w my boy...otherwise usu aft droppg my gal, wl hv 2 rush hme to cook...
happy.gif

Hello old n new mummies,

Fi - hope Yaz is better nw.

Enne - Ur no.2 is cute. Hope he will b stronger n stronger day aft day.

Sea8 - Hope Xavier is better nw. My Yuxuan v naughty nw, bully his bros. T2!!! When he is angry, he will jus get anything that is near him n throw at the person, v naughty right.

Crayonmum - Saw ur boy yesterday at the market. The teachers brought them to c the fishes. One of his teacher has a v sexy voice. Hehe!
happy.gif

Vivienne-my #1 also!!! then he keep saying 'beat beat beat'. coz he notti, we beat him.. now people scold him or do things make him unhappy, he thot people notti then keep beat beat.. aiyo.. monkey see monkey do.

Afternoon mummies.....Finally!! Fernvale is alive!!

Pingping- was given antibiotics coz she had fever aft the runny nose and didnt subside.. Frm viral to now bronchitis..

Sea8-HARLOW!!! Xavier need nebulizer for his bronchitis? If need come ovr and use mine.. Hahaha.. We can share so u dun nid to rent..

Vivienne- thanks.. am hoping Yaz gets better soon too...Yuxuan bully his bros?? Wow!! Thts a irst.. hehehe.. hey u putting him in cc?

Enne- Leighton is cute!!!

Breakfast date- On!! Let me noe early so i can inform sch tht im leaving kids till 1pm.. hehehe.. Cu guys soon.. Now waiting for hottiemama to make her way here..............

So breakfast on 1st Jun at Koufu?
We fixed at 9.30am?

Crayonmum,
10.30 - 12.30 is brunch liao leh. hehe. You come join us after you drop Ian?
happy.gif

RR- i reply u thru telepuppy mah... u nvr receive ah... hehe.. we both special mah.. dun nid words wan... no matter whr u r i can still telepuppy u...

Back