Mummies staying at Fernvale

Hi Kel,

Wow! ur maid has been wif u for soooo long! Then u can definitely trust her since she's like family already.
happy.gif

Hi nateM,

Thanks for your sharing.
Personally i haven't been to the Kindertots at FernvalePoint yet. I found about Kindermusik from the internet.
Paiseh hoe..although Fernvale Point not very big but this blur mummy here couldn't spot Kinderthots when i went to FernvalePoint for marketing recently.
Can you tell me where is it located? thanks!

Hi mummies!!
So any mums staying in BLK 436A? Actually fernvale is not very close to sengkang rite? Unless by lrt. My husband says we're much nearer to yio chu kang. So if I were to put my twins in a sch/childcare in sengkang also quite inconvenient.

So most of you are FTWM too? Or mostly SAHM?

Hi FI,
so how many twins do we have in fernvale community? (",)

Enne, so your #2 is a boy or girl?

ichigo07,
she's a great helper. But i can't "scold" her when I feel that she did something wrong leh. Like no respect. haha.. got gd & bad lor.. Gd is she handles many things at home. She can even teach my boys simple english. She's a phillipino but more like a Singaporean now. Speaks Singlish too.. haha

ichigo,

kindertots is beside the optical shop.. very small premises... some of their classes are being held at Clearminds Edu Ctr.. beside the Top Kang Minimart.
happy.gif

Kel,

yah lor.. me staying this area for more than 10yrs.. so when these flats came up.. i was surprised that it's actually part of sengkang... have always tot this area is Selatar. hee...

I'm at 405C.. the cluster nearer to Yio Chu Kang RD/Jln Kayu. I'm a SAHM wif a 18m boy.

Twins community.... Fi, Irin, A&C are all mummies of twins!

For Childcare ctrs near to Fernvale, u can refer to here: http://www.childcarelink.gov.sg/ccls/home/ChdCccLst.jsp

There's a Carpe Diem Childcare at Hougang Ave 9... very near to Fernvale by car... it's near to the NTUC Extra. http://www.childcarelink.gov.sg/ccls/home/ChdCentPartLst.jsp?centreCd=PT8509&psCd=-%20click%20here%20-

And yes.. Fernvale Pt is located next to LRT..
happy.gif

Morning mummies!!
happy.gif

Kel,
Welcome!! Ya, there are already 4 twin mummies in this thread alone, not to mention in the whole Fernvale estate. I've got a pair of 16mths B/G twins and I'm at Blk 405B, a working mum with flexible working hours. We do have meet ups sometimes at Koufu or CP, do join us then.
happy.gif

Can't help much with your questions on CCs cos I've not done any 'research' yet. hehe.

wow....the thread is moving again....keke
happy.gif

Morng all the mummies and welcome all new mummies to this thread. me have been busy with work and seldom have time to surf net at home.
sad.gif

Irin, the twins mummies are u, Fi, A&C and kel is it? so happening.....must arrange a meet up with all the twins one day. must be really cute...
happy.gif

Evening mummies!!
Enne-glad to see you ard..

Sea8-yup thread is finally alive again.. Lets keep it gng... Hw was ur netball game?

Kel- in thread, its me, Irin n A&C mum... Off hand in fernvale ard 11 pairs already.. My next door neighbour also have a pair.. hehehehe... Maybe its in the air!!!

Nate- i tink its more hses........

Fi,
talk abt netball, the competition finally finished. we have been training 3 times a week for the game for abt...hmmm...2mths? you can imagine how tired we are... alot of commitment to me cos have to arrange my mum to take care of zavier at nite cos out training usually finished at 10pm and by the time I reached home, its already very late and he is asleep. keke.

Wanted to have a meet up with you gals again. but change job, so busy now. do let me know if u'll planning a gathering again ok?
happy.gif

Irin,
u found urself a unit at vivienne and carmen cluster liao?

nateM,
ya, agreed, fernvale pt cannot make it. keke....

Crayonmum,
have u tried the gelato at fernvale pt? I've tried....no nice leh...keke
happy.gif

Enne,
how many mths are u now ah? u know the gender liao?
happy.gif

sea8,
yup, me, Fi, A+Cmum & Kel.
happy.gif
I've spotted 2 pair of 8yrs old twin boys and 3 yrs old twin gals at our side here. They are all identical twins, so cute whenever I see them running around. I get so confused by them. hahaha.

Have not found the flat yet. My mum asked me to look for a flat at her place there, Hougang so easier for her to pop by when she's not working. Not sure what we want to do so didn't look for the flat. Anyway we can only sell ours in Jan 09 so still has time to think.
happy.gif

Hi mummies,
Sorry for the late posting. haha.. Something wrong with my email. Wasn't alerted on new posting.

Thanks for the welcome!!

Irin,
You're selling off your flat? I heard the returns is not bad now. Gd luck! For meeting up at koufu, maybe around oct/nov after i deliver. Now still staying in amk. House still reno now.. headache, dunno if it'll be in time for my baby's Full month party.

Twins:
Fi, It's the in the air. Haha.. Twins always get extra attention. Everywhere we go, pple usually ask: Twins ar?? haha.. yes yes

Crayonmum,
Thanks for the childcarelink. So my place is very near to fernvalepoint. & near koufu too.

Re: more ammenities, I think soon bah. More flat are coming up. Maybe another 3-5yrs! haha

sea8,

i've tried the gelato once and that's the last time... hehehe...:p

Kel,

no prob. yah.. ur cluster is just right next to Fernvale Pt and Koufu and LRT.
happy.gif

kel,
ya, thinking of getting a 5 room but got to wait till next yr Jan. still quite some time to go ...
happy.gif

Kel,

Your hse is very very near Koufu, e locations is very gd. We can meet up when u come by to look at your reno.

sea8 & crayonmum,
I tried the gelato 2 times, the 2nd time was to give it a 2nd chance. Enough. A bit too sweet and quite melty, dont like it. Compared to the Ben & Jerry I had over the weekend, B&J was fantastic.

Irin & Fi,
Thanks for your help. Sigh... wanted to bring the kids to Jacob Ballas Children Garden, started raining on the way. Could only think of GoGoBambini as the nearest play place for them. But we still ended up at Ben & jerry's eating ice-cream, cos the whole family werent wearing socks! (clogs & slippers haaa...) Each pair of socks would cost us $3..

According to HDB, Fernvale Pt is interim only... interim for how long?? Prob I would have moved hse by then. Anyway looking forward to the new "Big Splash" coming up at Anchorvale/ Farmway!

nateM,

that was the reason y I sort of rem the interim period lor... like u ... the first impression was "10 yrs still call interim?" esp when the vegetable stall in the market is selling expensive vegetables...

exactly! not only the veg stall ex .. the chicken and fish also quite ex.
they basically have monopoly over there.. what can we do ... wish they have a better supermart there too. saw them selling expired and expiring magarine(1 week left) last year ... told the staff but still the same after 1 month!

u can go to the veg stall at 405 side(if I rem correctly), near lifeline clinic. it is cheaper n fresher. but sometimes i lazy to go there.. so kena chopped lor. eversince chicken stall changed owner, I seldom patronise them. one thing for sure, I will not buy any fishcakes from the new stall at FP. very fishy till I have to throw them away.

Top Kang another "chopper" haha. stale, expired and expensive stuff can be found in Top Kang.

last time when my #2 not out yet, I will travel to Rivervale on sats to do my marketing. now, for grocery or household items i will just order from ntuc online lor.

hi mummies,
yes, i understnd fr the gift shop owner at FP dat their lease is 9yrs b4 new mall wl b built..
So, i guess mylvera is rite abt 10yr interim..

mylvera
405 there is fresher n cheaper? ok .. will go there next time ... it's actually nearer my place ... thanks for the tip!

carmen
gosh if really must wait 10 years i prob cannot tahan and move out liao!

yvonne
ok, will email you later

Hi mummies,

How do you all know that Fernvale Point is interim only? Where do you get the information? I'm really sotong, learn a lot from this thread otherwise don't know what is happening in Fernvale.
I agree Fernvale Point cannot make it, the quality of fresh food is very low. Bought fish from there once, but it's not very fresh. Never buy from them since then.

Hi, i have just saw this thread in the forum. I'm from fernvale grove Blk 436B, just done the shifting in ritual last sunday. Currently will be staying at mum's place with baby at hougang and going back during the weekends. Coz weekdays too many reno going on so a bit too noisy for baby.

yah! agree with mylvera about the fishcakes. i also bought some recently and ended up in the rubbish chute!
sigh... no choice have to be chopped by the market stall sellers since only them available in this vicinity.

oh blk 405 has 1 vege stall? didn't know that... r there other stalls too?

no prob, Ichigo.
happy.gif

the vege stall at 405 (actually i think it's 403something) is beside 405C (the one wif the clinic) is behind the provision shop. I've not bot anything fr there.. so can't comment abt the prices and freshness.

i usually do my grocery shopping at either Cold Storage at Compass Pt or Hougang NTUC Extra (only 3 bus stops down fr Yio Chu Kang Rd and can take any bus i.e. 70, 103, 854).

if u hve car or if u do marketing once a week.. can go to 1 of the 3 wet mkts along AMK Ave 10.. it's pretty near to Fernvale.. Fr Yio Chu Kang Rd, turn to AMK Ave 5, then after the ITE, turn left to Ave 10. My mum has been doing her mkting there for years. i'm not sure abt the prices... but i guess shd be cheaper and fresher than Fernvale Pt.

Yah.. fernvale Pt is interim... read that in the Town Council newsletter 1-2 yrs ago.. it was built after residents feedback that there's no amenities here after the old Seletar Mkt was torn down (opp Jln Kayu). In fact my cluster (403-405) is SERS flats for the 4 blks of flats torn down together wif the Mkt. That's why my cluster has a bigger population of older folks.

happy.gif

there's one pork stall near the veg stall. prices not too sure.. should be on par with the one at FP market. I heard sometimes they would sell chicken. the provision shop there is not any cheaper than Top Kang.

the provision shop in 403-405 sells cheaper tidbits than topkang. used to be regular there buying tidbits when i was preggy! will find out more about the fresh products prices when i do marketing this weekend!

buangkok MRT
anyway, do you know there a 24 hour NTUC there? also 24 hour kopitiam ... can go there for late night supper and shopping! wish there's a direct bus from fernvale to go there!

crayonmum
the hougang ntuc extra how to get there? near which block? i didnt know theres ntuc jus 3 busstops away ...

helloo mummies...

wow!! long time din logged in got so many new mummies that juz moved in to fernvale...

welcum welcum all..
pardon me if i din acknowledge individually..too many to read..

FP,
cannot make it.. haiz.. its juz to pass time oni tat place.. market oso no other choice.. oni 1 veg shop, 1 fish shop, 1 pork shop and its all so miserably pathetic...

nateM,
Hougang NTUC extra is near block 900 plus.. they call it hougang festival market..you can take 159 or juz taxi.. will cost you around 6.00 off peak..

sorry ah! crayonmum I kpo n answer 4 u.. hehehehe..

okie gota go now.. adlyn's getting ready to go school.. chat later..

cheerios to all..

Thanks Mylvera

wow 10 yrs, prob I have moved out of Fernvale by then...

NateM,
Hmm. shall check out the tidbits at blk403.

Prob bcos I have no choice, but it seems to me FP isnt too bad. I m the odd one out! The new veg seller has quite a gd veriety of veg and I like to buy the baby spinach for my babies. esp midweek when I would run out of veg, so thats the place for me to buy veg. I find the fish ok priced, they have $5 a plate and Shengyu is $12/kg similar to other wet mkts. Just that I dont like the new skinny old man with a beard selling fish. The previous fish uncle is friendlier. The pork uncle is quite friendly too, the pork is fresh and service is ok too. My mum would sometimes complain those supermkt staff wouldnt mince the meat for her for dunno what reasons.

Hope this encourages a bit those moving into fernvale Grove..

Hougang NTUC Extra... hmm.. it's along hougang Ave 9.. if u take 159.. it stops right in front.. but i dunno where to take 159.. hee...

if u take 70, 103 and 854 fr YCK rd near the 403-405 cluster... it's the 3rd bus stop... it stops in front of some HDB flats... u walk up the stairs... and past some flats.. walk towards the right hand side.. u will see it...
happy.gif
alternatively.. u can walk 1 big round along the main rd... further a bit but once u turn left at the corner (following the pavement).. u can't miss the NTUC.. it's kinda opp Regentville Condo.

Hougang Point

FairPrice Xtra

No.1 Hougang St 91, #02-01 Hougang Point, S'pore 538692

6881 0013

7.00am - 10.00pm

Welcome all new mummies!!
happy.gif

NateM, ichigo07, crayonmum,
159 is from Compasspoint. Take 70, 103 and 854 is more convenient.
happy.gif

I also prefer to go Fairprice Extra, more variety there. But if want to get vege in small quantity can get from the vege seller at blk 403(something) Fresh and cheap.
Cos if get the whole big pack of onions or garlic from NTUC, I would have an onion or garlic plant growing in my fridge before I finish them ... :p

veg can also get from an uncle who parks the lorry at the mscp in the 403-405 cluster. haha. he used to be from the seletar market one i think. he normally sell in the carpark 1st floor till about 10 something like tat. :p got eggs even. haha

Anyways, any mommies here who wants a tin of BN Nan3? I selling away. 900gm tin. expiry dec 2009. let me know. thanks

A+Cmum
i agree the new veg stall seller better than the last one ... more friendly! hehe.. don't mean to frighten the new neigbours at fernvale grove...

doink,
I always see the lorry uncle that sells vege but seems like he's there for other agenda cos always alot of aunties and uncles crowding around there. And he's only here on Wed, Sat and Sun.
happy.gif

hello mummies!

thanks cooling friday :) and weekends are here!
oh i took a cab instead to FP extra hee...too lazy to walk...haa..

am keen to try out the hair salon at Fernvale Point. Anyone want to share? Any idea wat time its open? Hee.. thanks a zillion!

Back