Mummies staying at Fernvale

Hi Doreamon,
thks for reply...was hoping to get the vouchers
bt too bad...
happy.gif

Btw, m a SAHM taking care of both my kids alone...NO
HELPER at all!!!!As 4 ur qstn, hw to bathe n evn go toilet at times???Sometimes, i juz hv to wait till my hb bac fr work, den i cn go toilet!!
Nwadys, my gal more independent, so m nt so worrid..and if my boy is awake, i wl put him in high chair, let him watch his fav barney, so dat i cn quik quik go bathe/toilet..hehe
its nt easy lor, esp both my kids's age is so close!! Bt thk God, i "survived" so far...hahaa..
happy.gif

cheers

Hi,

Here are some of the NDP coupons to give away to all mummies here.

Those that are expiring soon, will try to pass to you ASAP.

1) TAKA Dignity Diamond Pendant Promo Price @$79* U.P $169 - Have 2 pcs of this voucher.
Expiry date: 31 Oct 2007

2) TAKA $150.00 Cash Voucher ( with min. $300 purchase) - Have 2 pcs of this voucher.

3) Tony Roma's - 20% discount for lunch - Have 2 pcs of this voucher.

4) Tony Roma's - 15% discount for dinner - Have 2 pcs of this voucher.

5) Picture Me Digital Technology Special Package at only $89 U.P.$288 - Have 2 pcs of this voucher.
Expiry date: 31 Dec 2007

6) FIL Skin, Body & Spa Intelligence - Have 2 pcs of this voucher.

7) Spectacle Hut - $40 Gift Voucher - Have 8 pcs of this Gift Voucher
Selected items
Expiry date: End Oct 2007

8) Wonng's Lifestyle INC - Have 2 pcs of this voucher.
- 20% for foor reflexology % 30% off body massage - 1pc

9) Planet Telecoms
- Purchase Nokia 5700 XpressMusic Handphone at $538 (No contract) - Have 2 pcs of this voucher.
- Purchase Nokia 6300 Handphone at $358 (No contract) - Have 2 pcs of this voucher.
- Purchase Nokia 1600 Handphone at $88 (No contract) - Have 2 pcs of this voucher.
- Purchase Nokia 2626 Handphone at $118 (No contract) - Have 1 pc of this voucher.
Expiry date: 30 Sept 2007 or while stocks last

10) AKIRA Vouchers
- Micro Combo(with VCD Player) Special Price $69 U.P. $119 - Have 2 pcs of this voucher.
- DVD Player(with Karaoke0 Special Price $54.90 U.P. $89 - Have 2 pcs of this voucher.
- Radio Clock(with Alarm) Special Price $39.90 U.P. 59.00 - Have 2 pcs of this voucher.
Expiry date: 30 Sept 2007

11) GP Batteries - Have 2 pcs of this voucher.
- Consists of 3 items:-
a) GP Recyko
b) 16pcs 'AA' GP Ultra Alkaline battery at $6.90 U.P. $12.90
c) GP PowerBank at $44.90 U.P.49.90 (if not wrong should be Charger cum 2 or 4 batteries)

12)Golden Pillow 933 10% off (min $30 in a single receipt) - Have 2 pcs of this voucher.

13) Superior Movers 20% off - Have 2 pcs of this voucher.
Expiry date: 31 Dec 2007

14) Gim Tim Group of restaurant 10% discount T&C applies - Have 2 pcs of this voucher.
Expiry date: Valid from August to December 2007

15) I CAN READ waiver of course registration fee - Have 2 pcs of this voucher.

16) Cristofori Music School Voucher- Have 2 pcs of this voucher.

17) GENTING Hot Deals at $42* T&C applies - Have 2 pcs of this voucher.
Expiry date: 13 November 2007

18) New York Skin Solutions - consists of 5 types of treatments to choose - Have 2 pcs of this voucher.

19) RUSTIC NIRVANA - choice of a face or body therapy at $42* - Have 2 pcs of this voucher.

20) London Weight Management consists of 5 types of treatments to choose - Have 2 pcs of this voucher.

Any of interest, let me know asap, if not will post at the main thread to let other mummies enjoy.

Thanks

carmen22,

oic... my gal still can't sit by herself lei.... she's only 3mths old.

normally when going to toilet or bathing, will ask my boy look after, while i hve a quick quick 1 too....

But that day happend he's out with the father, so suddenly short of 1 hand...

Which vouchers you interested? I can pass to you.

hi hashisan,

thanks for asking, my boy breathing now ok so got more appetite at least though still not like last time but still phelgm, cough, flu, now giving the 'ventolin' to open his airway. many pple say he 'shrunk' though. haiz.

hi Doraemon,

whenever i wanted to bathe and yet my boy around, i will let him sit on his bouncer bed with his toys, placed him outside the toilet but i nvr close the toilet door, only the bathroom door inside closed so at least can talk to him if he 'ee ee ay ay'. hehe.

wah u seems to have endless vouchers hor. hehe.

I AM OK with the mummies database suggestion.
happy.gif

Hi Doreamon,
I noe wat u mn...i went thru the same stages oso whn i oni hv my gal..so usually wl wait for her to sleep den i quikly go n do my hsework/bathe/laundry etc...And sometimes like wat Enne did, wl put her in stroller n sit outside toilet while i bathe w door open lor..:p
at least she cn c me n hear me talkg to her, so she noes m arnd...hehe..

oh, i was referrg to the Wyeth Voucher...cos $5 off is alot...bt too bad urs oni applicable for
Promil nt Progress..
happy.gif
thks anyway..

Hi all mummies,
m oso OK with the database suggstn...
btw, i saw quite a few stayin in same blk as me..
wonder hv we ever met?? hehe..
happy.gif

(Oh, i met limmil mommy..)
happy.gif

Doreamon,
Are u using excel to dot hat database? One of the mummy in another thread use excel to calculate bb's age by inputting their dates. Im not too sure which formula to use thou. Either one (bdate or age) i am okay.

Regarding bathing, going toilet
I usu bathe when my son is sleeping. As soon as he naps, I will to bathe and bring the baby monitor with me to the toilet. Usu toilet trips i'll put in on the high chair. Yr boy is 3mths? Do u have those bouncer or rocker? Can put him in while u go do ur biz.. :p

Carman - Salute u! I cant cope with one.. u have 2.. I think I can really faint.

ya.. i met carmen that day at her pl.. here is really a good place to know the sk/fv mummies..

can also try to create a link to see if we can sell, buy, exchange or give out anything to the fernvale mummies first. coz i recently faced this when i sold or gave some items out. after i gave out something to another mummy, i received a mail from fernvale mummy to say she aslo want that item.

maybe can organise a lantern festival for the kids too since it around the corner..haha

snowygal : if u happen to read this thread.. u shld know me..ginny here..

now i am clearing my annual leaves so have more time to log in here.. may not be as free to log in from mid sep onwards once my new job starts..

Hi Poor Mummy,
Well, whn u r put in situation, u got no choice,
sumhw u managed to find a way thru...
happy.gif

Whn i hv 1, i oso tink like u, cnt cope..bt whn 2nd one comes along, u realised its so much easier to cope w one!! haha... And in fact its really much easier whn u hv two, cos of experience u hv, u noe wat to expect liao... and usu for 2nd one we tend 2b more "bochap", nt so "kan cheong" as whn we hv our 1st kid!! :p

hey, agreed w limmil, lantern festival cud b a gd opportunity for all mummies n families to mit...
happy.gif

Wow, more & more fv/sk mummies.
happy.gif

Doreamon,
I'm fine with the database thingy.
happy.gif

re: bathing/cooking
Sometimes I look after my twins by myself when my maid's off & my husband's at work. Like some mummies, I'll rush to bath once I put them down to zzz. If they happened to wake up, no choice, will have to let them cry awhile. :p But so far still quite ok.
happy.gif

limmil/tan carmen,

good idea to arrange for a mini lantern festival gathering! Anybody knows when is the exact date of the lantern festival?

Doreamon,

I'm fine wif the database too.
happy.gif

Regarding bathing/ going toilet, i also face the same prob as u. I'm alone wif my boy most of the time. When he was younger, I wld put him in his bouncer/rocker, play DVD for him while I take a quick shower wif the door open so that i can hear him.

Subsequently, when he learns how to flip.. he tried to flip even in his bouncer.. so i put him in the playyard. Now, he's learning how to stand up by pulling onto things, i wait until he falls asleep then i shower.

In fact, that short 45mins - 1hr nap time of his, i'll rush to shower, eat, wash his bottles, sterilise, do the laundry and if time permits... come online. :p He takes 2 naps in the afternoon.. so I still have 2 "window periods" to do my stuff.. I wonder how I'll cope when his nap time reduces to once per day.

oh... I'm thinking of buying an exersaucer for him since he likes to stand so much.. and i can put him there for a while safely while I do my chores... any mummies here have used that b4 and think it's useful? my hubby and mum think that it will be a waste of money coz they feel that my boy wun want to use it for long.

Will prob him in 1-2hrs of playgrp in future so that I can have some breathing space and do all the chores...

Hi Doraemon, thanks for replying.
I have seen the smartie cottage childcare, don't feel it's gd. After your comments, I know which childcare to choose. After you have put your gal for her nap, quickly go for yr bath. If you know her sleeping patterns, it'll be easier for you to manage. I'm fine with the database suggestions.

Apple_d,
I also don't know if I met you before. Maybe you can share yr comments with me when yr daughter attends appletree next Jan.

Enne,
Hope yr son get well soon. U'll hv to take extra care of yr son, is he on breast milk or formula? Is he on solids yet?

Poor Mummy,

Yup, I'm using excel. I know how to use that format, so that's why I'm asking mummies to re-provide me again their child's age so that I can input in and every mth, it will be tabulated automatically and I jus need to cut and paste in this thread. But of course not in full details if we intend to input in address, contact no. etc....
happy.gif

limmil,

good suggestion for organising a lantern festival for the kids.

Hmm, either we have a potluck or BBQ. How? What other mummies advise?

PingPing

Oh ya, 1 thing I dont like abt Smartie Cottage are the flooring. Its totally different from other childcare centre.

Their flooring seems very rough and not even 1 part of the flooring had been laminated.

As for apple tree, my boy used to be at Blk 307 or 308 Anchorvale Road(if I'm not wrong) that apple tree centre.
I found it quite good. Not bad la. Our Fernvale here at Blk 412 RC also have apple tree right, maybe you can consider.

doreamon,
im fine wif the database, when shld we provide u the details?

for lantern festival, we can either have a mini BBQ whr everyone chip in some $ or bring somethin along, including mooncake
happy.gif

Doreamon,

BBQ sounds nice but will it be alot of work? Or we can order from those BBQ caterer? If confirm want a BBQ then perhaps have to book for the pits early.

Wah, just 1 day & the list gets so long.

Pingping,

Yr due date in Sept? Me too. 20th Sept but might go into early labour. Wonder if I hv seen you before. U working in some car company?

Oh hi, ginny. Din noe that is you. Nw very free hor. So good, clear leave. Me clearing work ah..Sign. So, where's yr new job location? The SBS transit?

snowygal..

haha.. shld say quite free now, but 2 weeks from now will be busy liao..
me not going to sbs transit lah.. i will be working in shenton way.finally managed to switch line after so many years.. hee

when is ur due date? must sms me when u deliver ok. long time never let the 2 gals play together liao.. my gal everytime go out must go ur door look for meimei & dogdog.. haha

Huh, shenton way so far. U can reach hm in time or not? If not, yr mum will be waiting at the door telling Ting 'yr mum so late haven't cum back'.

So, you change to admin? Pay drop leh..

Yah loh, long time no see liao. Every weekend so busy. Yesterday just got time to rest.

Hi Snowygal,

I'm a SAHM. My due date is 19 sept. We might not have seen each other cos I don't go out often.

Hi Pingping,

Our EDD is only 1 day apart.

Maybe I got the wrong person. Nvr mind, There will be chance to meet.

Hi all mummies,

I'll try to come out with the database list soon. And if there's any additions or changes need to be make, then let's discuss again.

happy.gif
right now, most important is, let's discuss abt our lantern night gathering.....
happy.gif

wow wow .. didnt step in over the weekend and I am missing so much.

Doreamon,
I'm fine with the database update. Will furnish you on separate email.

Re: Bathing/cooking
Usually if hubby not in I will bathe with door open so that i can hear what's going on outside. Although i have a maid at home, but she is only doing hse work, she doesnt take care of kids. We dun cook at home usuaaly buy from outside.

Talking about maid sigh .. going to send her back soon...

Gathering, i'm fine with it too .. is it fixed?

Veron,
why you sending your maid back?

re: gathering
we still have not decide on BBQ or potluck leh. Shall we tentatively set the date on 22nd Sep 1st?

Hi

Pls add me in the list. Thanks.

I am a FTWM staying @ Blk 406C, Fernvale Road, Gal 4 yrs old / Gal due in early Dec.

Hi Crayonmum, yr mum and hubby might be right. Coz it happens to my boy and some other mummies in my thread complain abt the same problem as well. I suggest u rent it for a month, more cost effective and save on space too.
happy.gif

Carmen - Take my hats off u....! The age gap is so close. I dont have the courage to plan for no2...

Too bad, I cant join u guys fro sept gathering. Quite busy in sept.. maybe some other time :p

Wow... the thread moving so fast.. hehe... was a *temp* SAHM for the last 4 days cause including the 2 weekends, the infant care was closed... hehe..

Enne: i workin at Ngee Ann City Tower A... u leh?? hehe maybe can meet u for lunch leh...
happy.gif

Doreamom: i ok to reveal any general info..
happy.gif

Thanks for the update leh....
happy.gif

Ping Ping: my girl is in Paradise CC since Infant care...
happy.gif

Generally it's ok lor... but lately after the change of management, turnover for the teacher are quite high...
happy.gif

If there is anything u wanna know can ask me... hehe

Hi to all the mummies there,

pls add me too, a SAHM from Compassvale Lane Blk 207A, 2 Boys, 7 yrs old & the latest addition : ) 2 month old

snowygal / pingping

Once again, congrats and have a soon delivery... looking forward to both your DD
happy.gif

Irin

I'm fine with tentatively set on 22nd Sep for our gathering.

koyi

Added you into our list.
kao_welcome2.gif
kao_welcome2.gif

jmjustin

You are added too.
kao_welcome2.gif
kao_welcome2.gif

Hi,

If we intend to have BBQ, maybe we can cater from BBQ wholesale.

Here's the link
http://www.bbqwholesale.com/item.asp

or any other caterer also can.... as I nvr cater from BBQ wholesale b4 and dunno whether the foods are nice anot???

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">1st Gathering for SK mummies: Tentatively on 22nd Sept 2007.</font></font>

Please indicate besides your name the Nos.of Pax will be coming for the gathering.

eg:

A -- Adults / C -- Children

Doreamon 1 - A / 1 - C
inclusive of your ownself

Please use this format, copy, paste, add, post.

1 Amanda Lim
2 Apple_d
3 Carmen22
4 Cladi
5 Cottoncandy7681
6 Crayonmum
7 Cyan
8 Doreamon Ang = 1 - A / 1 - C
9 Honeyjul
10 Hottiemama
11 Irin
12 Kehh, Koyi
13 Limmil
14 Linda Chan
15 Oldmacdonald
16 Pingping
17 Qqwawa
18 RS (rs_bebe)
19 Sea8
20 Snowygal
21 Veron Chua
22 Enne
23 Hashisan
24 jmjustin
25 KiaSu Mum
26 Kris
27 Tan Leng Leng
28 Chris Lee (babyyew)
29 Mezzo17
30 PoorMummy
31 Seahorse

Hi,

Our new database.

Let me know any to be added or change.

<table border=1><tr><td>S/no</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>Name</TD><TD>Address</TD><TD>Contact no</TD><TD>Email address</TD><TD>Occupation</TD><TD>No. of Kids</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Child's Birth Date</TD><TD>Milk Forumla</TD><TD>Diaper</TD><TD>Hospital for Delivery</td></tr></table>

Hi Doreamon,
whats the tentative time for the gathering? I am working so must see if i can make it on time.
As for the bbq thing, will we mothers have time to do the bbq ourselves coz we must also look after the kids to prevent them from loitering too far..? hee

As for the database, r we supposed to send pm to u?

Hi Snowgal,
Yalor..think my mum will grumble at me for being late again.. hmm .. dunno why just couldnt get a job ard our area..
think next time wil reach home even later coz my hubby wont be picking me up anymore.. cbd must pay for erp leh..

hi hashisan,

my boy at least got appetite now but still down with flu, cough and many phlegm. if ever his breathing become too fast or what, need to bring him back KKH again. hope not lo, monitoring him now.

hi Amanda,

me working at comcenter u know where, near somerset mrt there? hehe.
happy.gif

hi Doraemon,

my boy still sick so might not be able to join, don't want to pass the viruses around sengkang. hehe. count me out first but if my boy ok by that time, i will just go see see look look.
happy.gif

1 suggestion for our database, how about re-organzing the nicks by alphabetical order? easier for us to find the mummy info.
happy.gif

And hor I was thinking maybe we can start a blog or yahoogroups or something like that for our database?? in this way all of us can contribute and give a hand to Doraemon
happy.gif

Doreamon - Nope I didnt buy from new org. Nearly cldnt make it for the collection due to the heavy rain & I was out in Outram, wanted to ask u to help me but then I didnt have yr contact no and also no access to internet. Luckily I call a cab last min..

Enne - How yr buy recovers soon. now 7th mth, many ppl burning paper etc, so easily get cough & flu. My mood totally down when my boy is sick. coz he tired I also tired... he gets very cling and cranky.. very sian.

hi Poor Mummy,

anor my boy very sticky when he sick. haiz.

Amanda,

hehe ok la not very far, sometimes i walk to taka when there's a fair going on, like now got baby fair. hehe.

limmil

tentative time for the gathering? ha ha I also dunno lei... cos haven really discuss over here and whether are we having bbq or potluck also hven discuss...

Hmmm, all of us come up with a suggestion then majority wins lor for either bbq or potluck...

As for the database, you can send pm to anytime you are readyVeron was the 1st to PM me.
happy.gif

enne

Noted. Hope yr boy had a speedy recovery. You take care too.

Infact our database are in alphabetical order, its only I had separated it into Fernvale, Compassvale and Anchorvale mummies. So that we are able to know, oh I'm e-mailing with you and I know you are fm Compassvale.

But with the new database, maybe will take it out. What other mummies advise?

Poor Mummy

Oh ya hor, only know how to ask you whether collecting from Subaru anot? Didn't PM you my contact if you need my help to collect on behalf. Me Sotong lei...

So what time you reached for collection?

A few mummies was there 'Q'ing... when I reached. So which is you. In case you also there when I'm there too. What colour clothing are you wearing yest?

aquarius_888
Which is you too??? What colour clothing are you wearing yest?

Me "fat fat" in green

Hi mummies,

My suggestion, maybe in future if we happen to purchase anything in the forum, BP or Spree... we can contact each other(base on the payment spreadsheet that organisers always input)for helping to collect on behalf or we can combine postage as well.

Actually I saw "carmen22" purchased fm Qoorie, but before I'm going to offer to see if she wants me to collect on her behalf too,(as I'm collecting mine) she had already transferred postage payment to Qoorie. I'm too late.

hi Doraemon,

oh ok noted but yea good to include we are from Fernvale, Compassvale or Anchorvale too. hehe.

doreamon.. so should we send you our data now?
barbeque sounds good.. If use caterer even better hehe I like practical things (aka lazy
happy.gif
)

Irin,
My maid hor, terrible leh. She tends to over sleep everyday. She suppose to wake up and prepare things etc at 6.30am, as we are leaving the hse ard 8 plus. But she always sleep till 7 plus. Actually wanted to send her back last 15th but then agent say give her another chance and she also pled and promised infront of agent that she will work properly and wake up on time for her work.
FYI, her last employer required her to wake up @ 5.30am and she got no problem at all. But now given 6.30am she cannot make it.
So i tot giving her a chance again, but never expect that she didnt change. Worst hor she wrote letter back to her hometown, with all our full names, including my 2 child and my 2 BIL. In the letter she asked her mama to help her pray that we'll be kind and like her! OMG! How can I keep such dangerous ppl in my hse?
Now i have to take all personal documents and put inside the hse as I am scare she search for DOB.

Doreamon

If BBQ hor do we have the time to BBQ? Becoz all of us will be busy tending to our kids leh ..

How about perhaps we buy a few boxes of mooncake and some drinks gather ard and chat? Like that we can chat and "eat" and also to tend to our child at the same time. How about that?

hi Veron,

wah she is frm which country de? i think for the safely of your kids, u shd change a maid asap despite her pleading and such. she sounds 'weird' to write such letter back to her mama. how long have u had her with u?

Back