Mummies staying at Fernvale

hashisan,

Ya we shall arrange a day to go CP for kopi.

No never try before. Good har, "touchwood" if my children are not well in future, will go there and try.

This is the first time I go GP for vaccin on my gal. My boy had all his vaccin at his PD at Glen. But now very lazy to travel all the way to Glen, esp. I need to bring 2 with me all the way to Glen. Even thou I always take cab, but I ever took a cab at my place here, the driver doesn't helped me at all. Ends up, I asked my boy to carry the diaper bag, I 1 hand carried my gal, 1 hand fold and put the pram into the car boot.

Hmm, vaccin only is ok with me at GP, but if there's any others, I still prefer to go PD. esp. my boy and gal this PD is very expert.

Oh ya, forgot to mention, my gynae and my children PD, both are brothers. So when both my children were born, I took both packages from the brothers.
happy.gif

Poor Mummy,

Oh really? Haizzz, my side here, the GP, Lifeline, I called and wanted to speak to the doc but they didn't let the doc ans and kept asking me what I wanted to ask? So I told them, its some personal issue which I would to speak to the doc directly. The nurse told me, you spoke to me also the same???
Same mah? I'm wondering?

I still told the nurse, I would like to speak to the doc directly, and I left my no with her and told her to ask the doc to return my call when she's free and convenient, but till date, already more then 3 days, the doc haven return my call!

crayonmum,

The male relief doc at Fernvale is it wearing spec, average size and a little bit tall only always carry a haversack?

Veron: thanks for the info... will KIV ur gynae..
happy.gif
but he only deliver at Mt A huh??

Doreamon: hehe can understand... cause we pay them yet given sucks attitude...
happy.gif

My girl see the PD at Kids Clinic at Rivervale Mall... She is under Dr Lilian Lim... there are 2 PD there but i find Dr Lilian more calm whereas the other one very KC KC one..the nurse there ok la...at times they quite attitude also one... but ai ya forget abt it lor... they also will call u when ur turn is coming.... But charges wise i tink abt the same as outside PD lor... My girl finished all her jab liao... hehe the next one will be in pri 1...
happy.gif

can consider goin to the PD at Rivervale Mall...
happy.gif

Irin: tat mean every visit pay one ah.. not say like got package?? wow.. then very x hor... if count till full term.. hehe... but will discuss w hb cause yesterday after hearing tat his clinic is at AMK, my hb say we go check it out... hehe...thanks thanks for the info ya...
happy.gif

Delivery at KKH: huh.. they treat patient differently one ah... hmmm my hb is a civil servant leh... go there consider subsidy rite... hehe... :p

hi Poor Mummy,

Dr Vincent Chong is from which clinic? Issit the Healthmark something?

hi Doraemon & Hashisan,

2 of u lim kopi only huh, how abt the rest of us?? hehe
happy.gif

Poormummy,

yah lor.. relief docs are very jialat. :p

Doreamon,

yah.. i think it's the wear specs one... think he's on duty for the evening shift and sunday morn shift one.

Hmm... wonder why most of the nurses at clinics have attitude one?

Amanda,

not all civil servants will get subsidies at restructured hosps one.. it depends on which medical scheme u r on. i was a former civil servant.. no subsidy whatsoever in the hosps or polyclinics.. the govt only contribute 1% more to my medisave. My ex-colleague who delivered at KKH also no subsidy.

However, my fren's hubby who is wif SAF, she can deliver almost for free at such hosps. Think he's in a very old medical scheme.

crayonmum: oh... hmmm now when i go visit at KKH they deduct from my hb salary.. i holding the csc... is it the same??
wow... almost for free ah... hehe...

hashisan: hehe Enne wan u to ask her ever though she cannot go... hehe....

Enne : hor... :p

Hashisa,
True lar .. Dr Koh is experience and he is damn fast and accurate. His prediction on when to deliver also very chun .. haha

Amanda,
No problem.

Have you gals heard of taking vaccination must only take at 1 place, ie if u go poly clinic u must go all the way same to PD, if not they will not be issuing any cert for the completion of vaccination and that is needed for P1 registeration. I heard this from both my PD nurse and poly clinic nurse.

I tot of changing to poly clinic becoz it is cheaper than PD .. but they say i can switch but i will not be given the cert.

Amanda, dun think u belong to subsidy leh but u might call to check it out.

Enne - Yah its from healthway Compassavale.

Doreamon - Why like that? So sulky! I callfor the slightest thing. Like when my son fell, I struggling whether to go and see doc. Cos I reckon doc sure say nothing then I pay consultation for nothing. So I just called him loh. Once my son had high fever I brou him to PD at GlenE as Vincent Chong was not on-shift. After the high fever he develop rashes. I dunno need to bring doc or not, so I call him again, he assured me over the phone that no need to see him, he has no medication for it as its false mealseas and very common after high fever.

Veron - Got sert for completing vaccine? I thought healthbooklet will indicate?

Amanda,

Yah.. i think u better double-chk. So many medical schemes from the govt nowadays.
happy.gif

Veron,

My boy just finished all his 6-in-1 jabs leh.. no cert one leh. The doc will just indicate on the Health Booklet.

In fact, I have a fren who also stay in Fernvale.. switched from SK polyclinic to Fernvale Clinic halfway coz Fernvale Clinic is cheaper.

Veron: is it... go Poly one no cert ah???

Poor mummy / crayonmummy: hmmm never mind la.. hehe wait till need tat time then check... thanks ya...

Poor mummy: ya.. they will give a cert to prove that the bb has complete the cert liao....

Amanda,

oops. haha. cannot go also feel 'good' being jio ma. haha.
happy.gif

hashisan,

no la haha sometimes when i on leave or my offday hor, i will bring my boy go Compass Pt walk walk go kiddy palace one. hehe.

Poor Mummy,

same same! my boy also take his injections from Dr Vincent Chong ler!!
happy.gif

Amanda,Veron, Crayonmum

mine no cert ler but mine was done by same GP as Poor Mummy, indicated on healthbooklet only.

Enne: Yeah!! i agree also... hehe.... :p

dunno leh.. tat time when my girl finish her 18th month's jab they tell me when the cert ready... but huh the cert very simple one... hehe
It looks like tis...

944837.jpg

hi Amanda,

hmm i think la issit only see PD then will have cert? maybe see GP only indicate in healthbooklet? juz a guess.

Enne: i not too sure leh.. cause i heard my forum fren say can be printed out... cause normally it will be updated once they have gone for the jab...cause some of them go to different GP for jab then will have a lot of signature.. hehe
maybe u check w ur doc on the next jab see what they say lor..

Amanda,

my boy finished his 6-in-1 liao ler, now only wait for him ard 1 year old go for the pneumoccal(did i spell correct?) jabs. hehe. nvm la got cert no cert as long as got jab ok liao la. hee.
happy.gif

ur nick show u as 0505bride, does that means may05 or 05may?

Enne: after the 18 month one then consider finish unless got the CP jab...
ya lor... most important is got finish all the jab ok le....
hehe same mah... oh u mean is year or month huh..hehe... i am May 2005 bride...
happy.gif

Amanda,

ooh that means my boy not yet finished his jabs thats why no cert la? hehe. me also may bride but in year2006. hehe.
happy.gif

Enne: ya... 6 in 1 finish liao still have the 18 months bolster then consider complete... i tink could be tat also lor... hehe
really ah.. hehe me 14 May... u leh...

Amanda,

anor so u wait for me la, 12 months later i will tell u whether i got the cert anot hehe. me 06MAY. hehe.

Enne(06MayBride): whaha... ok ok... :p
hehe only we 2 keep post and reply post and reply.. hehe
u workin rite... what u workin as huh.. hehe

Amanda(14MayBride):

thanks to us, we keep this thread 'active' okie. hehe. me working something like backroom maintenance, u ler?

Amanda,

they do have packages but I didn't take up. Cos I had twins and most likely will deliver much earlier so not worth it to take.
My husband also civil servant leh! He's with the Navy, yours? But we got no subsidy also. I think they are right in only the old scheme or with CSC then will have subsidy. Nowadays new civil servant scheme no subsidy liao.

halo to all fernvale mummy...

anyone workin near town/bugis area?? n interested to get private transport de... i m now gatherin ppl in order to get quotation from the transport co.. anyone???

Enne(06MayBride): haha..ya hor...we keep the thread moving and moving..hehe
paiseh... one of my colleague go and switch off the power point then black out ard her table area... then din log on liao.. haha

Irin:hmm true also hor... hehe... my hb is w home affair...
happy.gif

must check if we decide to go under John Tee liao.. hehe

cladi: i am workin at Orchard but i need to reach there quite early one leh... along YCK road also have one seletar express but only start at 730am...

enne,

no worries, wil jio all of us here too.

Btw, you know abt the 20% off for FM from Guardian rite?

You read this link, http://www.todayonline.com/pdflive/2908NSR007.pdf

The paper adv that the 20% off is exclude baby product....! Think we have to check carefully before we go down. If not will be a waste trip.

<font size="+1">Hi all mummies,

Don't know you all aware abt this link, A mummy sharing abt the promotion from Guardian,
JTS: Guardian 20% off this friday on Milk powder etc...

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449169/942877.html?1188404018

If the discounts confirm that FM and Diapers are also entitled, who want to order? We can consolidate our orders and purchase at 1 short.</font>

Poor Mummy,

Ya very sickening rite? Unless really don't have the time to travel or what, if not will normally go to my PD at Glen. He also very good, sometimes found it may not be necessary to go and consult him, so will only asked over the phone.
happy.gif

I remember there's once, I called up the PD to ask then he said, its ok, not serious on the baby, you can just apply some cream can liao. So asked my sister during lunch time to pickup for me. Save consultation fee, Ha Ha Ha.

Veron Chua,

Actually, not necessary, heard from my girlfrend that both her children,(now 1 in Pri 2 or 3 and the other Pri 1 liao) she didn't fix 1 clinic for her children vaccination. Sometimes she go GP, sometimes she go Polyclinic. So after completion of all the jabs, she asked for the vaccination cert individually. They will just issued you that were taken from their side. But before you change, its best that you ask if they will issue to you individually that those taken by them.

Amanda(14MayBride) is right, the cert is what she had scanned. Cos my boy also have it aft all his jabs. It was posted to me by my PD's clinic abt 1 or 2 mths after completion.

Doreamom: hehe u also call me so long nick liao ah... hehe amanda can liao la... haha...

Enne!! Enne!! haven start work ah.... hehe...

i read abt the link tat Doremom post... any opinion?? hehe past few days was just talkin abt changing to JT and now got tis case... but somehow after reading i find tat it's not JT's unprofessionalism rite??

ya lor my elder gal also took 6in1 .. no cert, but they say upon complete of all the jabs they will be given I am not too sure perhaps you can check with ur PD.

I also ask the nurse @ polyclinic (Hougang) she also say they cannot give cert becoz not all the jabs are taken from poly they cant certify.

I asked isnt the health book sufficient, they say there is a cert ..

hi Doreamon

really ar, till now i also havent got the cert from my PD i dunno how it looks like. Anyway .. i really think the health booklet is sufficient.

so any mummies buying diaper or FM .. i would like to buy mammy poko .. anyone on Nan here ?

My gal is taking Nan 3 now.

Hi,

1 question? Bcos both my children I opt for C-section. So dunno abt normal delivery procedure.

For normal delivery, if you choose to deliver in Class A lei?(regardless of which hosp.) Will it be deliver by your gynae or midwife?

But how come so funny lei? You took up the package fm the doc(regardless of which hosp.) doesn't mean your gynae have to deliver for you 1 mah? How come is midwife?

My sis chose normal delivery at Raffles Hosp. but her gynae was there for her delivery and not the midwife who does the delivery lei?

Doreamon,

For my case I am with Dr Koh and to be deliver @ Mount A. So during the delivery, Dr Koh will be on standby and co-ordination will be done between the nurse, midwife and Dr Koh, when the midwife "sense" urgency, they will call Dr Koh and he will be in hospital within 5-10 mins.

So if i chun chun or heng heng deliver before Dr Koh arrive, then the mid wife will settle and I believe Dr koh will still have to come and do stitching.

For my case, my both baby waited till Dr Koh arrives, so i am with him all the way till stitches complete.

Doreamon,

for KKH, it's unless we deliver in Class B1 & above then we can choose or stick to the gynae we always see. If not will be by attending doctors or midwives at that point of delivery. It's actually the same thing as if you see a gynae that practice in pte hospital (Class B1 and above) then eventually you choose to give birth in goverment hospital, then the gynae can't deliver for you.

Veron / Irin,

Oic... Actually the prices are not much difference mah, why some pple like to chose XXX instead of private?

Like that very risky lei.... what if, for example,
that midwife happens not to be very experience how?

I rather pay abit more to go under private.

Now have to pay more then what you save?

Doreamon,

but it won't be the midwife that deliver you if you chooses Class B1 & above mah.

I chose KKH was bcos John Tee's with KKH & I think he's really good. And the other reason was cos mine were twins & high chances of being premature & have complications. And KKH's still the best-equipped hospital in terms of delivery's facilities.
I was in a premmies thread when I was preggie & there were few incidents of whereby there were complications during childbirth & the pte hospitals couldn't handle it so they were transferred to KKH and yet still charge them at pte rates. That isn't the main thing, the worst thing is if KKH's full they will give priority to their patients over pte patients. I didn't want to take the risk so opt for KKH in the very beginnning.

good morning mummies,

very interesting topic...i juz had had a baby last month and have to go through an emergency c-sect...

I deliver both my kids @ kkh.. Like wat irin say if you opt to go for class B1 and above, your gynae will deliver you unless you opt for B2 and below your gynae will not be even attending yo you ...only the midwifes and the other attending docs which is available @ the point of your delivery....

Cost wise there's not much of a difference...i guess its how comfortable you are with your gynae and the staff nurses and midwifes that attend to you...KKH is among the top 3 in terms of costs in c-sect labour but top 5 in normal vaginal delivery...

I find tat I had a very tough labour this time round but I was attended by the most senior midwifes, passionate staff nurses and a good team of surgeons tat did my emergency c-sect and can't ask for more...

My gynae was there all the time when all the hoo hah and the code green and the chaos that was happening, she was trying to console me and hubby and advise us even @ the time where time is crucial...

like I said,it all depends on how comfortable are you with your gynae, and the rest of the staff.. if you have had a very bad 1st impression bout KKH then its ok b'cause not all the staff is like how I described...

Irin,
if room of 4 patients is consider class B? My colleague's wife deliver in Mt A, warded @ 4 bedder hor, the gynae also with her leh. so 4 Bedder is consider class B1? Sorry I am not sure on this procedures.

But then true, if the pte hospital u choose is not well equip, and in case of "serious emergency" they will still rush you to KKH.

hottimama,
you completed your confinement liao buay? Me hor cannot wait for it to end. The min i cross the month i fly liao. hahaha .. bk to office. Infact, I went shopping @ CP during the confinement month liao .. hahaha

hi veron,

4 bedder is class B1, me last day of confinement is on the 8th sept. i can't wait to go out too. my 1st on the list to do is to go and cut my hair, go dentist, shopping, and all the workz..

hehehehe.... as if got people to look after my baby.. have yet to as my mum ..oh ya still got to go see Hi-5 with my girl...dunno if my mum can let me go on the last day of my confinement...simply buy tickets....hahahaha

I really pity the gal.. child birth is already such a tramatising experience and yet she has thru go thru all these...

Was it purely her own luck or KKH's practise of having MOs on duty used patient as 'practise'??

Back