Mummies staying at Bt Batok/Gombak/CCk/BP/Teck Whye

Hi Sinkor,
Have added u to my msn.

mummies
any recommendation of the playgrp (esp wkend class) for toddlers ard bt batok areas.

have anyone try the edufarm playgrp? any comments?

Hi afcai

Pls keep me informed as well, i hv a toddler who has just turned 3yo and looking for a 2hour playgrp in bt batok too. the ones i looked so far are all child care
sad.gif

Hi mummies
I'm also looking for part-time cleaner to clean, wash and iron clothes (weekdays or weekends not confirmed) my house in CCK creesc on a weekly basis. I'm looking for someone who can do a good job by being thorough and can take initiative. Any good recommendations?

Hi afcai & cofibeen,

There is a Baby Jumper Gym @ Bukit Batok.
Baby Jumper Gym Pte Ltd
HomeTeamNS Bukit Batok Clubhouse
No. 2 Bukit Batok West Avenue 7,
#01-10, Singapore 659003.
Tel : 6563 0716.
Email : [email protected].

They have weekend playgroup.

You may like to contact them.

Hi Susan,
thks for info. heard that the fees not cheap and it quite popular wor...till one need to be on waiting list. will go there and check it out. or do u know any playgrp for trial? i have tried the woodland civic ctr but find it not gd.

Hi Suki Wong,
I think I ever saw a banner (under the mrt track) which is located opp the coffeeshop facing blk 383. there 's info abt art/enrichment class.

hi afcai,

i only went for the Baby Jumper Gym trial class, then after the trial class, i signed up for it.

yes the waiting list is quite long, sometimes.
so u have to call them and let them put your name down in the waiting list 1st.

tat time i was very lucky, i just waited less than a month, and they called me up for the trial class.

Hi Afcai, Cifebeen & Susan,
You are can try Zoo Phonics at Beautyworld bukit timah.
Last time boy was attend their program , i like it. their fees abt $100-120/month .

Wendelyn,

I got a stroller to give away - can fold down so that baby can lie down. Got it from a friend so condition ok - 7/10. If interested PM me. Collection: Goodview

Any idea bb must be at least how many mth then can join the Baby Jumper Gym at HomeTeamNS. Or must wait for him to at least know how to crawl then worth joining. My bb is now 6 mths
happy.gif

Hi Susan, thanks for the recommendation. I went to their website. Don’t seem to find 2-hr playgroup, seems like half a day kind. Anyway I’ve tried emailing them but was bounced back.. ;P Will try again.

Hi girlboy_mummy, I like Zoo Phonics too but it’s abit far from Bukit Batok where my mil stays. Thanks for your recommendation! :D

Still looking for part-time cleaner to clean, wash and iron clothes on a weekly basis. Any recommendation, anyone?

afcai,

If you dun want to wait for the BJG class you can call them up directly and offer to organize 1 trial class on your own. Is not difficult coz only need I think 6 babies or something. That's what my MTB thread did last year.

Personally I didn't like BJG, maybe coz of the instructor I had. Their style of teaching also not my type. I remember feeling incredibly paisay when my baby didn't give the correct answer for her mini flashcard "test", sigh. I think she was the only baby who couldn't give the correct answer.

Anyway wherever you go for classes do try out at trial class first before signing up.
happy.gif
Coz what did not suit one baby may suit another baby better. My girl only interested in playing so she enjoys Kindermusik more.

I'm thinking of starting off my girl at either Zoophonics or Kidsloft at Cluny Court after she turns 18 months.

Ah... BJG's using flashcard... That's a big no-no to me as i'm not a believer in that.. Thanks, ClaireMummy for the info. ;)

Hi ClaireMummy,

My girl sometimes also didnt give the correct answers for the flashcards. I find it ok cos i signed her up is I wanted her to have some exposure of attending classes. Of course if she can learn something from the lessons, that will be great. If she makes mistakes here and there, i find they are still so small. That is what Teacher April said to me.

SO dun feel sad that your baby cant answer correctly.

Susan,

I also know... but I still felt a bit stressed at that time leh, heehee. Coz somemore she was the last baby to be tested, and every other baby before her got it correct.

After trying out flashcards personally for her I concluded that she just can't be bothered with whatever we try to ask her to do, she just wants to go for the card with the more attractive pic, LOL. Give up. Think flashcards not for her. Or maybe I started her off on flashcards too late, around 7, 8 months. By that time she more interested in moving around than looking at the cards.

Now my girl is attending Kindermusik, which we both enjoy more. Think ultimately that is the more important thing. If dun enjoy whatever class you go for is also money down the drain.

wow, this thread become alive again after cny.

girlboy_mummy
what age do the gym take?wow, sound ex wor.... also so far leh...me dun have car one.

I saw a playgrp at my clementi cc via banner today. fees at $155 per mth and it is a 2hrs program from mon - fri (2 time slots). think will call and check and if weekdays, my mum can take my gar there since near her areas.

suki Wong
hmm..which blk will u be staying?

mikkiko
for my pt of view, I think at least bb can crawl then took them to gym loh. I only took my gar to a gym trial at woodland civic ctr when she is 11mth. bb so young, to me quite waste $$ liao...now, my gar is a toddlers so am also looking for class esp weekend class ard bt batot areas.

claireMummy
thks for the feedbck. Kindermusik and cluny court seems very far leh.how old is yr gar? mine is 14mth liao. hope to find a playgrp when she turned 18mths.

do u know how much is the trial grp at BJG? feedbck that it is not cheap loh.

flashcard is it with word or pic?? I only flash those cheap flashcard with pic for my gar loh. now, she can identify the pic when ask.

Susan
agreed. what is more impt to let the kid explosure to other kids and classes cos unlike last time, i remember myself, I cried badly when even attending pri one. hmm..heard feedback that teacher april is gd.

susan/ClairMummy
do both of u also live at cck or bt batok area?

afcai,

My girl is coming to 13 months... started bringing her to Kindermusik at 8 months.

If I remember correctly that time I paid $35 for the BJG trial, but there was some discount if we signed up after the trial, and I think the actual lesson fee is around $30 per lesson. It is actually not that expensive if you do a time charge comparison, as it is a 1 hour class.

They flash both words and pics. I was quite amazed that the babies actually paid attention.

I live at Goodview Gardens, Blk 389, but my mum living in CCK helps me take care of my girl during the day.

Susan,

I go to Kindermusik at Tanglin Mall. Luckily I got a good instructor there... last week our regular instructor was sick and another one took over... very lousy. If that one took us for trial I confirm would never have signed up with Kindermusik. :p heeheehee

Hi, I stay at B296D CCK ave2.

My girl attended Kindermusik @ Tanglin Mall since she is 18 mth. Now she is 3, she still enjoy it very much and look forward to the class every sat.

I agree that the teacher is very important. Got one time, when the regular teacher is sick, my hubby first time attend the class with my girl with this replacement teacher, the moment when I reach the school and saw this teacher, I know it's going to be a very boring class. Indeed when hubby come out of the class, he question me why waste money to come to this kind of class, so boring, he almost fall asleep ..ha .. ha..ha ....

Last week, the regular teacher is not here, the replacement teacher, Ms Ginette is not bad. The regular that is good: Ms Huzzy & Ms Yim Chin.

Clariemummy, wonder are we referring to the same teacher??? I so far did not find out her name.... thin,Short hair, quite elderly...

CLY,

My replacement teacher was Ms Ginette leh, and I found her quite bad! LOL... I felt that she did not make any effort to connect with the children at all. There were 8 babies in the class and she'd asked their names at least 2 times but by the end of the class she still couldn't remember any. And she also made some other remarks which annoyed me and the other mummies. Usually the class is quite lively but that day it was rather subdued, coz I think the parents also sian.

My regular teacher is Ms Shauna. Have heard very positive reviews about Ms Doreen also.

Thin, short hair, elderly... sounds like the receptionist leh, the one who gives us attitude 50% of the time. Know which one I'm referring to?

Hi ClaireMummy,

I find Tanglin Mall not very convenient.

Ever considered sending her there too, when come to think of driving there... sianz

Susan,

I find it ok la, only thing to complain about is limited F&B and shopping options, heehee. Sometimes I will park there and then bring my girl shopping in Orchard after class... but it's a long walk to main part of Orchard lo.

Hi ClaireMummy,

My girl is with Ms Yim Chin now, she use to be with Ms Huzzy on weekday class, I switch her to weekend cos I started work and Ms Huzzy do not have weekend class for her age.

Ya, this is the 1 thing with Ms Ginette can't remember some of the children name and keep asking but at least the lesson is not so dead as the short hair teacher (will ask her name if see her next time outside class), she is not the receptionist leh. So far the receptionist, ok with me, no attitude problem that I can recall leh ...

Hi Susan,
I find the distance ok, sometime my hubby not able to make it on time to fetch us, I will go out early with my girl , take MRT to orchard and have lunch then slowly walk to Tanglin Mall. We enjoy the slow windy walk, my girl will walk and play along the way and very fast reach liao. I don't see parking a problem there unlike Takashimaya, nightmare!

Ya my only complain is also the limited shop there, my girl will attend the class for the 30 mins herself and I will join in only the last 15mins, no where to go.....

CLY,

You're attending Imagine That or the Our Child module izzit?

Most of the time the receptionist is ok with me, but occasionally her manner a bit offputting. Some of the mummies in my classes previously have complained about bad service from her in particular.

Another thing is Kindermusik doesn't have a large parents' waiting area, it can be quite chaotic when in between classes, and also if the additional parent is not allowed in the studio, then the outside area becomes veyr crowded. Usually my hubby will wait for us in Starbucks.

Hi Amy,
u can get the cheap flashcard from Popular bookshop at ard $3-$4+.

Hi girboy_mummy,
oic. but still ex wor....

Hi Clairemummy,
oic, my gar is 1 mth older than yr gar. hmm..u are living opp my blk - 395. will sure pass yr block every weekend.Kindermusik @ Tanglin Mall to me is quite far cos I dun drive, if take MRT will at need at least 45 mins wor....sian and long journey....

Hi! I am also new here I am staying in Bukit Pangjang, Like to check with the Mummy here is there any good playgroup or goods Childcare in Bukit Pangjang or Teck Whye my In-law is staying in Teck Whye, my boy is coming 2year old this Mar

afcai,

yeah true, without car TM is not less accessible, gotta walk a long way from MRT, unless you change bus.

Mummies looking for playgroups/childcares in the area,

Sorry, not really able to offer any help coz I haven't really done any research on those. Heheheh... Mummies with older kids can help?

afcai,

Our gers around same age, maybe will meet at playground next time. heehee. BTW, any idea whether the playgrounds at our estate ok for babies or not? I see the one at 386 like always full of boisterous older children, so dun dare to bring my baby there to join in the fun.

Hi claireMummy,
I did not go to the playgnd at blk 386. I went to the playgnd just betw blk 393 and blk 392 loh. yup, can let our gers meet there loh esp weekend sat morning cos me alway alone with ah ger. so have yr gar know how to walk liao?

Susan
Have went to the Apple Tree website but did not see any branch at BBP loh. but so sad, there have mon-fri class. u try there b4? but those areas which have wkdays class is also too far fr my mum'plc. sigh...so hard to find a playgrp. haa think if I won the toto draw hor, maybe can open a playgrp man...

afcai,

r u staying near bukit panjang plaza ?

maybe u pop over to check it out

I remembered i saw it at BPP. but maybe it is a franchise, that's why apple tree website didnt state abt BPP branch.

Hi afcai,
There are quite a no. of playgroup outlets at CCK. Check out their website. Appletree seems to be fun as my niece went to 1 outlet in Clementi and enjoyed herself very much.
However, due to logistics problem, I have no choice but will be sending my kid to Carpe Diem childcare as his cousin is also there, though I would like very much to send him to Apple Tree

Back