Mt. Elizabeth Novena total bill

pinkymum11

Hi mummies! Anyone delivered in Mt. Elizabeth Novena this year 2016? Mind to share your delivery experience and total bill. I'm currently 25 weeks pregnant and contemplating where to deliver my baby. Edd Aug 2016. Thanks in advance! :)

Hi mummies! Anyone delivered in Mt. Elizabeth Novena this year 2016? Mind to share your delivery experience and total bill. I'm currently 25 weeks pregnant and contemplating where to deliver my baby. Edd Aug 2016. Thanks in advance! :)

You can try to go https://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_...s-By-condition-procedure/delivery_normal.html

They will tell you the estimated price. From what i know, Mount E Novena don't do break down. They will show you the price in a lump sum

Here is the latest as per 29 march 2016 hospital package price given by the hospital (Exclude doctor delivery fee, baby fee, husband lodging etc)

Attachments

• Obstetrics_Maternity_MNH-WC-05_v6-1.pdf
    174.3 KB · Views: 3,355
Hi,

I just delivered via elective c-sect last month in Mt Elizabeth Novena.

My total bill was 6200+
(Medisave deducted 4400)

My baby's bill was 1500+
(Medisave deducted 1150)

Excludes my gynae's doctor fees because it's my gynae's practice to collect at his clinic.

My total cash paid was approx. 2200. Let me go dig out the bill and see if I can take a photo for you.

Delivered this Feb, total bill was about 7k for mummy (gynae fee 3k) and 1.2k for lo, assist vacuum delivery with epi

Hi @Mayochuu , @declese may i know which gynae did both of u chose at Mt E-Novena?thanks! :)

Hello~

My gynae doesnt practice in Mt E-Novena, his clinic is in Khatib. Dr Hii Hoi Chin, if you are still interested ;) He is the very fatherly kind of gynae, doesn't talk excessively and respect any decision you make. But I realised after joining this forum that his fees are on the higher end :(

Hello~

My gynae doesnt practice in Mt E-Novena, his clinic is in Khatib. Dr Hii Hoi Chin, if you are still interested ;) He is the very fatherly kind of gynae, doesn't talk excessively and respect any decision you make. But I realised after joining this forum that his fees are on the higher end :(

Thanks!will take into consideration :)

Hi,

My total bill was 6200+
(Medisave deducted 4400)

My baby's bill was 1500+
(Medisave deducted 1150)

Excludes my gynae's doctor fees because it's my gynae's practice to collect at his clinic.

My total cash paid was approx. 2200. Let me go dig out the bill and see if I can take a photo for you.

hi Mayo,

how much is your gynae cost for c sec? cox my gynae is at Mt e she only deliver at Mt E orchard or Novena.

Is Mt Orchard more ex than novena or they are the same price?

hi Mayo,

how much is your gynae cost for c sec? cox my gynae is at Mt e she only deliver at Mt E orchard or Novena.

Is Mt Orchard more ex than novena or they are the same price?

My gynae package is $3900 includes:

All check up and scans
His delivery fees
His daily hospital visits

Not sure of the difference between novena and orchard. Though if it were me, I would definitely choose Novena cause it's new and really nice to stay! :)

All check up and scans
His delivery fees

Not sure of the difference between novena and orchard. Though if it were me, I would definitely choose Novena cause it's new and really nice to stay! :)

Hi mayo,

Thanks so much for the info.. i m surprised that your gyane package is so cheap... cox my gynae charge delivery fee ard $6k for c sect.. exclude my monthly check up and scans...

And most of the time she will ask you to deliver at mt e orchard.. i also prefer mt e novena... look really nice... and new.. hahaha

Is the c sect recovery very painful? I heard mixed review on this...

Hi mayo,

Thanks so much for the info.. i m surprised that your gyane package is so cheap... cox my gynae charge delivery fee ard $6k for c sect.. exclude my monthly check up and scans...

And most of the time she will ask you to deliver at mt e orchard.. i also prefer mt e novena... look really nice... and new.. hahaha

Is the c sect recovery very painful? I heard mixed review on this...

6k is alot! Is your doctor very famous? I thought my gynae charges high enough, haha!

Novena is really like a hotel from admission to checking out. It was an extremely pleasant for me, very worth my money! Hehe.

Yeah, recovery really depends on individual. I heard and read of so many horror stories of c sect recovery before my ops! I think the key to fast recovery really is to move around as much as possible (as much as you can). It sounds crazy and hard but you will know if you can when your time comes :)

It took me about 4 weeks to fully recover to my pre pregnancy state (not physically thou :( ). I can even do house chore at week 4. But my pain ended as early as week 2 postpartum.

Are nurses at mount E novena experienced with breast feeding?

Not too bad, most of them are trained by the lactation consultant on how to handle breastfeeding mum's needs.

My lactation consultant at ward 9, Ms Elieen is very experience and knowledgable. She predicted with one look at my sore nipples that it will bleed by night time if I don't correct my baby's latching position and it did happen.

There was a senior nurse, at one look and touch knows that if I don't apply cabbage to down my supply I will start to have fever from engorgement and I really did start to fever slightly shortly after she left my room.

Hello everyone and congrats on this happy news :)

I am currently at 33 weeks and I have yet to choose a hospital, haha! My gynae only delivers at mount e Novena, mount Alvernia and tmc but right now I am leaning towards Novena. Before I make my final decision I would like to get a gauge of the price first.

I understand in terms of Medisave for a normal delivery, you can claim $1650 and for antenatal you can claim $900. So in total I can claim, $2550. Is this the max I can claim or I can claim for my baby's bill as well? If I can, how much can I claim?

I understand in terms of Medisave for a normal delivery, you can claim $1650 and for antenatal you can claim $900. So in total I can claim, $2550. Is this the max I can claim or I can claim for my baby's bill as well? If I can, how much can I claim?

Hi, yes you are right. That is the max for your bill. For your baby you can claim $450 each day's stay. So if you are in hospital for 2nights and both of you discharge together, you will be able to claim $900 off your baby's bill from your Medisave :)

Hi, yes you are right. That is the max for your bill. For your baby you can claim $450 each day's stay. So if you are in hospital for 2nights and both of you discharge together, you will be able to claim $900 off your baby's bill from your Medisave :)

Hey there!

Thanks for the reply! After reading up more, I got myself more confused, haha! Cause my clinic told me i need to pay 600-800 for paediatrician. So I am guessing, medisave will help me pay for that too? or part of it at least? And I need to pay another 600-800 for anaesthetist fee. Suddenly so many things to pay for! haha!

Hey there!

Thanks for the reply! After reading up more, I got myself more confused, haha! Cause my clinic told me i need to pay 600-800 for paediatrician. So I am guessing, medisave will help me pay for that too? or part of it at least? And I need to pay another 600-800 for anaesthetist fee. Suddenly so many things to pay for! haha!

Not sure how your PD works. For me, my PD was selected by my gynae and my PD's fees were included into the baby's bills. So it's under the $900 (2nights).

The anaesthetist fee is included in your bill so it's under your max amount of $1650. The antenatal $900 is also used to deduct here, on your bill.

Yeah. The bill part can be super confusing! I was pretty confused too! Worrying how much I should prepare. Haha!

Not sure how your PD works. For me, my PD was selected by my gynae and my PD's fees were included into the baby's bills. So it's under the $900 (2nights).

The anaesthetist fee is included in your bill so it's under your max amount of $1650. The antenatal $900 is also used to deduct here, on your bill.

Yeah. The bill part can be super confusing! I was pretty confused too! Worrying how much I should prepare. Haha!

I checked with my clinic and the $600-$800 quoted by them is for PD's professional fees. do you remember how much you paid for the baby's hospital fee? Minus professional fee?

And yes I'm trying to prepare as well, I don't want to get a heart Attack when I see my bill. And from what I understand, they don't give you a breakdown of your bill?

I checked with my clinic and the $600-$800 quoted by them is for PD's professional fees. do you remember how much you paid for the baby's hospital fee? Minus professional fee?

And yes I'm trying to prepare as well, I don't want to get a heart Attack when I see my bill. And from what I understand, they don't give you a breakdown of your bill?

My baby's bill was $1800 before deduction. The PD fees was $400 and my baby was under the light for jaundice one day. They do give a breakdown of bill when you discharge. All items they use on you and your baby are charged accordingly (like diapers, maternity pad, wet wipes, formula milk)

My baby's bill was $1800 before deduction. The PD fees was $400 and my baby was under the light for jaundice one day. They do give a breakdown of bill when you discharge. All items they use on you and your baby are charged accordingly (like diapers, maternity pad, wet wipes, formula milk)

Ahhhh! Ok thank you, you have been really helpful! Seems like the babies bill isn't as bad as ours, haha! But i think my PD's fee is abit on the high side. Even my gynae, her package doesn't include her visits when I am in hospital.

Hey all,

I just realised that Mount Elizabeth Novena do give a gift for mummies and babies who stays there. Any idea what the goody bag consist of? I know not the most important thing but I'm just curious, haha!

Hey all,

I just realised that Mount Elizabeth Novena do give a gift for mummies and babies who stays there. Any idea what the goody bag consist of? I know not the most important thing but I'm just curious, haha!

Hi Nadhirahk, its me again. Haha. i received a baby shirt, nursing cover, the diaper bag and some other things I cant remember! The nursing cover is quite good, I'm still using it now.

Hi Nadhirahk, its me again. Haha. i received a baby shirt, nursing cover, the diaper bag and some other things I cant remember! The nursing cover is quite good, I'm still using it now.

Hi mayo
Can i know who is your PD which your gynae intro you to? The PD recommend by my gynae is Dr.Cindy Hia which she said is very good.

Hi,

My total bill was 6200+
(Medisave deducted 4400)

My baby's bill was 1500+
(Medisave deducted 1150)

Hi Mayo~ will you pm me your gyne contact?

Hi,

My gynae is Dr Wendy Teo and i would like to know is there any mummies delivered with epidural? And how much is the total bill?

hI Mayo

can i have your gyne's full name

Last edited by a moderator:

All check up and scans
His delivery fees

Hi Mayo
can i have your gyne full name

Back