Mount Alvernia Hospital

i have seen this:
mother staying in 2 bedded ward but because no one stayed in the bed next to her, her husband stayed over for 2 nights. if this is the case, how does the hospital calculate the cost?

Hi all moms,

can i join in?...

Has anyone just delivered your bb at MAH? How is the charges like? Any breakdown for viewing?

Thanks in advanced for ur help!
happy.gif

Hi,

For the MTB considering Mt Alvernia, i would suggest you go down for a hospital tour (FOC) where you'll be brought around hospital to see the wards and facilities. They'll also give you a package with prices and pre-natal classes to look at. very informative and you get first hand infor.
happy.gif

Yah MAH only one DR Lim Yun Wen of Wen Lim clinic as of today.

She was my gynae. She is professional and delivery was smooth (mine was elective c-section). I would recommend her. Her clinic is nice and cosy. Her nurse Irene is also friendly and helpful. Until today she still remembers me and my name my baby is already 1year old!

Highly-recommended!

The nurses and sisters in Mt A are all very helpful and friendly. I delivered there last year (caeserean), stayed 4 days 3 nights at single-bedded room, pay $2200 (include gynae visit, baby doc visit, and baby nursery) after deducting medisave, original bill is $5089.

Mt A charges $75 per night (inclusive 3 meals) if hubby stay overnight, but they only allow for single-bedded room. This bill cannot deduct by medisave.

Etelle, maybe u would like to consider DR Ho frm MT Alvernia.
his clinic is located @ 2nd level, mt alvernia.
my 1st baby was delivered by him last year july.
im going back to him currently because im pregnant again...hehe...

Hi jeslyn
oooh how's Dr Ho when he did the delivery for you? At delivery is he calm or is he impatient?? Will he offer offer and support? And is his stitches really good???

I actually went to him for the first visit to a gynae and i find him cool, calm, assuring, confident and very professional.But what happens at the deivery ward is more important and the saying about his stitches....give us some of your opinion can?

hi Etelle
About the stitches that he done was great, i can sit with my lap cross in the same day....actually @ 1st was scare that the stitches will come off, but eventually was quite ok lor...
don worry, u will be given painkiller...u can also don eat the painkiller if u feel that the pain is not so much....i choose not to eat the next day after my delivery..

sorry for the late reply..
so how many months u are in now?

Hi jeslyn
I am 8 weeks and 4 days now hee hee
happy.gif
oooh...stitches great ah. Haha What else is good about the Dr Ho? Hee Hee.

Hi sunny
i heard is when you are 6 months and above then go for hospital tour leh. You want to go earlier also can but then ah you would be standing beside all the big tummy mums ha ha :p tht's what i was told hee hee :p

Hi MAH mothers,

I've just tested my pregnancy positive. So now preparing to find a gynae. MAH is my choice as it's the nearst hospital to my flat. Heard abouut Dr Ho and Dr Lim being recommended here. Anyone has compared their consultation fees and package charges before? If possible to give me details, please email me at [email protected]
Also, how about other gynaes at MAH?

Thanks v much.

Hi chenoa
I am not so sure about Dr Lim but i am with Dr Ho and have seen him twice ....he is a very patient and assuring doctor and think his package is pretty much the market rate...so...you can actually call up both clinics and ask about the pricing though. But initially when we go we are not eligible to sign package yet only when into 16 or 20 weeks then the package is available...so in the meanwhile the first visit to gynae my total cost was 147 and the 2nd time is 105. so..

girlgirl: I find that the nurses are helpful but one of my friends think not, i think it depends on ur expectation and the nurse u get.

The rooms are quite ok, u can register for teh hospital tour to take a look.

Hi girlgirl
I also feel it's very subjective cuz if u have high expectations on how the nurse should help you probably u would feel that they are not friendly or not helpful enoughh. My cousin in law think the nurses not very helpful...but another of my cousin find their service splendid...first class
happy.gif
hee hee so it's subjective...

Hello All! i am doing a c-section @ mt a and am considering between 1 bedder and 2 bedder. may i know what are the hidden cost that i may have to consider?

Hi,

May i know if they provide BB stuffs upon discharge for BB? Like wrapping blanket, BB clothes,mittens and hat? Or i have to bring everything by myself?

hi lilacz
they don't provide bb stuff... you need to bring 1 set of bb stuff upon discharge.

Hi everyone,

may i know if mt a still provide toiletries for the mummies? if so, what is provided? don't wish to bring too many things in my hospital bag. :p thank you!

hi adele001
for mummy they will provide bath gel/shampoo/face towel, toothbrush& toothpaste, also one pack of maternity pad

JeslynLuv, thanks for sharing the info. But my son is already 6.5 months old!hahahah. Thanks thanks though. hehe

hi cmy and jeslyn,

hehe same as lilacz, i have already delivered my baby last sun on 24 sep
happy.gif
but thank you both very much too! enjoyed my stay in mt alvernia!

hi,

any 1 delivered under Dr Lim Yuin Wen before?
how is her package like?how is her stitching?any 1 delivered via natural under dr lim?

Hi all mothers or mothers to be,
me new here... yet to confirm whether m i preggie, as my menses is passed due.

was borned in Mt.A, me not catholic though. If i m with child with choose Mt.A.

btw what will be mentioned in antenatal class? issit those classes whereby father-to-bes can attend together with d mother-to-bes

Hi all, I am considering to deliver at Mount A. Any recent experiences? How much were you charged? Thank you so much in advance for sharing!

Hi, just delivered at Mt A in Jan 09. Stayed in a single room, they provide basic toiletries. The service is really good, very attentive and at the nursery, they take good care of my bb. Caring nurses...

hi berrypie, u may want to go for the maternity ward tour at both places..and have a feel of which hospital u prefer.

hi,

I am 8 weeks pregnant and i visited Dr.Lim Yuin Wen last week ...she did not talk much and that left me feeling a little confused about continuing with her . I got the feeling that she is competent and experienced... however would like to know if anyone has had birthing experience with her ... is she patient during delivery ...does she encourage natural delivery ? Also how is her stitching ? Please share your experience so that I can make an informed decision
happy.gif

hi,
i deliver at mt a on 2 june. my admission date: 1 june, 22:49 to discharge date 4 june, 11:00am.
normal delivery.

my hospital charges with GST: $1289.67.

my own doctor's gynae's charges: $1605.00

Total medisave deducted: $2550.

hospital collected deposit of $600 upon admission.

after bill settlement, there's a credit of $200+. so in actual fact, we only pay cash $344.67.

The above is just mummy's bill. Child's bill is separate. if u really want to compare, u must actually take into consideration the charges hospital charge for nursery etc as well. if bb needs special care, bill might varies very much. hope it helps.

Hi Hui,
Thanks for your update on the latest bill info!
May I chech with u:

1. Yr gynae's charges include any charge besides his delivery labor?

2.The hospital charge looks not huge.What kind of room u use?It will be great if that charge is for 1-bedded
happy.gif

3.Agreebale with u that it's better to look at the whole bill including everything. How about yr total bill? Hope not much from other parts...

thanks...

hi all..
I'm new here.. Have heard many positive feedbacks frm frens who had given birth in Mount A and will very much wanna give birth there too..
But I'm abit confuse.. As I'm seeing the gynae from SGH, issit ok to choose Mount A as my delivery hospital ? Or must I stick wif SGH since my gynae is frm there ???

Thanks alot Hui,

I am wondering What kind of room u use (so u stayed like 3 nights?)... n if u dun mind, how much is the nursery care stay, for RH, just the stay for 2 days is $360,3days is $430..

Hi all mummies,

would like to know the rough total bill of Mt A. With C-section with Epd.
Please PM me.

Back