Mother in law help taking care of baby

Poppyyy

Hi all, anyone having MIL taking care of your baby?

My PIL moved into my place when the baby was born. And I feel myself suffocating in my own place with them around. Just because my mum has some illness and couldn’t help, I would have my mum to help instead of MIL.

Although MIL always says she treat me as own family, but there are things which I see obviously is treating me different from her own children.

MIL likes to carry the baby to sleep which caused the baby to have this habit of needing someone to carry all the time. As I am working, I couldn’t control at all. And will offend her if I asked her not to do so.
Does anyone has a good way to let baby nap on its own?

>Although MIL always says she treat me as own family, but there are things which I see obviously is treating me different from her own children.

Like what?

>Although MIL always says she treat me as own family, but there are things which I see obviously is treating me different from her own children.

Like what?

Like food.. she will ensure the best parts are given to her own children first then for me. And for example hot dessert that she made, she would ask my husband to eat “go eat the dessert”. She would tell me, “you can also eat”.
Some advices about the baby, she will take in the same advices from her children instead of me.

My MIL helped me take care of my number 1 and will help me with my number 2 after I go back to work.

Honestly how things go will depend a lot on communication... as a grandmother, she will also want the best for her grandchild so we shouldn’t compare her to how our own Mother because both are grandmothers?

Communicate with her directly on how you want things to be done? We have gotten along so far and sometimes, I have higher expectations of her... but I learn to close one eye... if not I don’t need to work already.

My MIL helped me take care of my number 1 and will help me with my number 2 after I go back to work.

Honestly how things go will depend a lot on communication... as a grandmother, she will also want the best for her grandchild so we shouldn’t compare her to how our own Mother because both are grandmothers?

Communicate with her directly on how you want things to be done? We have gotten along so far and sometimes, I have higher expectations of her... but I learn to close one eye... if not I don’t need to work already.

Hi does ur mil stay with you? How will ur mil be able to handle #1 & 2 tgt?

Like food.. she will ensure the best parts are given to her own children first then for me. And for example hot dessert that she made, she would ask my husband to eat “go eat the dessert”. She would tell me, “you can also eat”.
Some advices about the baby, she will take in the same advices from her children instead of me.

The "you can also eat" is fine. You being petty about that.

The rest you didn't give specifics. Let's be frank, no matter what parents will side their own child first, some are better at hiding it.

But as long as she never go, you can't eat cos expensive or some similar shit you got nothing to complain About

Back