MOMMIES TO BE 2015 (EXPECTING TWINS)

wow..such a small world..actually the singaporean community in norway is rather small..so i might know them afterall..i know of one family who recently relocated back sg..dunno if the same person not? Were they from Oslo? How many weeks are you now? Yup understand the tiredness..i was also very tired cos kept waking up at night last time preggy and not much time to pack..until much later the nesting instinct came in and i started packing slowly hehe luckily just in time before i delivered..btw, for wet wipes i recommend cotton wools dip in water, you can get from medical halls the cotton wools and water is much better cos newborns need lots of wipes as they really poo lots..

Don't think they had a chance to know you as they were living in other parts of Europe. Oh cotton wool and water sounds more environmentally friendly.

Hi mummies of twins,

I'm new in this chat and hoping to learn from twin mums. I'm currently pregnant with fraternal twins and in my 15th week.

I have been having bad ms until I was hospitalized for drips in my 8th week. Was put on medication until recently when my new gynae asked me to stop the medication and did not give me any. My gastric is starting to act up again and I've been vomiting gastric juice and having slight pain. This is affecting my appetite again. Furthermore I'm starting on multivitamins and have thrown up barely 2 days after taking it as it contains vitamin B which I all along can't stomch well.

Any mummies who have been through this can advise me? I'm starting to feel a bit depressed and miserable again. Haiz.. Even though telling myself to stay positive.

I'm also having twins and still having ms though not as bad now. At one stage I couldn't eat or drink any fluids. Gynae gave me an option of jabs or hospitalisation. I chose jabs and luckily it worked for a while. Oral medication didn't even work for me at all. I couldn't take in any vitamins and all. Had to stop taking it. However, scan shows both twins are doing well and in correct size despite me not eating well and going without multivits. Gynae wasn't too concerned about it too.

Mummies, need your guidance.

Do I need to prepare any baby diapers in advance? What brand or size should I buy?

Feeding bottles? Need any if i'm planning to breastfeed? So many different brands and fancy colic teats etc until i'm confused. Any recommendation?

Looking at car seats, do we need to buy those infant head and body support inserts? JJ Cole or Benbat or other brands?

Hi TwinnyStars,

May I know how many weeks are you in now? I'm now close to 16th. My hubby ask me not to be too stressed abt the vitamins. My SIL advise me to go for vitamin gummies as she had problem with pills too.

I'm just afraid my back and legs will break in the later stage if I skip on calcium pills.

Hi TwinnyStars,

May I know how many weeks are you in now? I'm now close to 16th. My hubby ask me not to be too stressed abt the vitamins. My SIL advise me to go for vitamin gummies as she had problem with pills too.

I'm just afraid my back and legs will break in the later stage if I skip on calcium pills.

I'm 24 weeks now. At 16 weeks I looked really terrible with severe ms. Don't be so stressed over the vits. My ms was so bad that whatever I eat I vomit, don't eat also vomit. I lost so much weight. Even now, I'm not back to pre pregnancy weight though I've gradually put on some.

Thanks TwinnyStars!

I lost almost 5kg but put 0.5kg recently.. But my appetite is poor again now.. I'm afraid to lose weight again.

So many things to worry in a pregnancy and so much discomfort..haiz.

Do I need to prepare any baby diapers in advance? What brand or size should I buy?

Feeding bottles? Need any if i'm planning to breastfeed? So many different brands and fancy colic teats etc until i'm confused. Any recommendation?

Looking at car seats, do we need to buy those infant head and body support inserts? JJ Cole or Benbat or other brands?

Baby diapers - yes. I got pampers newborn size but don't get too many. Prepare 4 packs ready first bah.

Bottles - I got my bottles though I'm breastfeeding. Luckily I did because I was hospitalized and had to pump and cl bottle feed while I was in hospital. I used avent natural bottles.

Car seat- can't really advise as they are still being carried when we travel. Haven't bought our MPV yet

Thanks TwinnyStars!

I lost almost 5kg but put 0.5kg recently.. But my appetite is poor again now.. I'm afraid to lose weight again.

I lost about 6-7kg. Now getting very uncomfortable. Sit cannot sit long. Lie down must be sideway, feeling clumsy and heavy now. I'm still vomiting and having poor appetite.

Baby diapers - yes. I got pampers newborn size but don't get too many. Prepare 4 packs ready first bah.

Bottles - I got my bottles though I'm breastfeeding. Luckily I did because I was hospitalized and had to pump and cl bottle feed while I was in hospital. I used avent natural bottles.

Car seat- can't really advise as they are still being carried when we travel. Haven't bought our MPV yet

Thanks for the advise. Will go get 4 packs of newborn diapers for standby.

How many milk bottles to get? I'm thinking of getting Spectra S1 or 9+ pump. Need to buy milk storage bags? Is the handsfree bra necessary?

Family car due for change with coe expiring next year. DH looking at mpv. He's worried about safety.

Mummies,

Does newborns need pillows? Normal baby pillow or those special u shape latext?

Anyone with car seat experience? Need infant inserts to hold their head and body?

Yup get some but not too many packets of the newborn sizes cos bbs outgrown very fast. Last time i got huggies newborn. Feeding bottles also not too many..get a few. Just a note also my boy likes avent while my girl likes pigeon, so dun get too many of the same type as you might want to let your bbs try which ones they prefer. I got avent natural flow teats, while pigeon i got the wide necks ones for newborn/one month. Car seats i got maxi cosi pebble as they are with infant head supports build in.

Thanks TwinnyStars!

congrats on your pregnancy! What type of biscuits you ate? I took meji plain crackers and it helped for me..hang on there..try to think positive k..it'll be all worth it when we hold our bbs in our arms after this 9mths

Mummies,

Does newborns need pillows? Normal baby pillow or those special u shape latext?

Anyone with car seat experience? Need infant inserts to hold their head and body?
newborns dun really need pillows yet..what i did was fold/roll up those swaddle cloths and they help support them at the side of their bodies while sleeping. Only after 2mths now then i got some soft feathers ones

oh and for milk bags, you can get some as standby. Cos you will definitely get to use it later on. Im using spectra S1 currently and i love it!

Thanks Lambi!
I'm all along weak in the mind and I'm feel damn depressed that my pregnancy turns out to be a such a miserable time for me. Like I landed myself in deep shit..and I'm only starting my 2nd trimester. Still have 5 months to go which is not short. Haiz.

I took cream crackers, sugar plain cracker and sometimes small Marie biscuits.

Were you able to take the vitamins? I had problems with them. Feel like I'm a bad mummy, can't eat and can't swallow the pills..

Morning! Would like to check, when does BH starts for you all?

I read that having twins more prone to having BH early...

Thanks!
i had it late 2nd tri then more frequent in my 30ish week, following a very frequent one week in my week 34/35..that was when i gave birth 35w6days

Last edited:
Thanks Lambi!
I'm all along weak in the mind and I'm feel damn depressed that my pregnancy turns out to be a such a miserable time for me. Like I landed myself in deep shit..and I'm only starting my 2nd trimester. Still have 5 months to go which is not short. Haiz.

I took cream crackers, sugar plain cracker and sometimes small Marie biscuits.

Were you able to take the vitamins? I had problems with them. Feel like I'm a bad mummy, can't eat and can't swallow the pills..
no lah dun think that way ok..u should think that cos we hv twins, the symptoms worse than having one..well kate middleton hv 1 but we bonus 2 lol so it's more worth it. I took multivits alternate days sometimes cos the iron in them made me constipated.

i had it late 2nd tri then more frequent in my 30ish week, following a very frequent one week in my week 34/35..that was when i gave birth 35w5days

I see.

I'm now w22+5... Having dr appt this fri. See what dr says.. Whether frequent or not.
Abit worried
But today didn't have much BH (1 so far, that I'm aware of)

I had 4 yesterday. (that I am aware of)

I see.

I'm now w22+5... Having dr appt this fri. See what dr says.. Whether frequent or not.
Abit worried
But today didn't have much BH (1 so far, that I'm aware of)

I had 4 yesterday. (that I am aware of)
my gynae said last time not to worry abt BH just make a mental note of how frequent it occurs in an hour ..say if it happens every 15mins in an hr you will need to be alert and call hospital then..that might be an impeding labour. My advice, dun walk too much, put up ur feet and rest as much if possible

my gynae said last time not to worry abt BH just make a mental note of how frequent it occurs in an hour ..say if it happens every 15mins in an hr you will need to be alert and call hospital then..that might be an impeding labour. My advice, dun walk too much, put up ur feet and rest as much if possible
Thanks! :)
Definitely make me feel more assured ... :)

Ah, you must be taking zofran.. My SIL took it during her pregnancy as she has bad ms too.

It's tough and I'm not even half the journey through. Understand that 3rd trimester has even more problems. Now I even have difficulty eating 3 pcs of biscuits.. Scare I'll be back at hospital again for drips.

Any mummies who did not take multivitamins during pregnancy? It is another source of problem for me and I'm thinking of ditching it. Haiz..
actually first trimester my doc ask me not to take multi vitamins & take only folic acid because the babies only need folic acid during first trimester. plus folic acid is vit B which will help in nausea.

my doc put me back to multi vitamins after i reach my 2nd trimester. and i have no problem eating but only able to eat small amount evyer an hr or 2hr. i start gaining weight after my MIL brew birds' nest for me everyday. my grandma brew cordyceps on tue & herbal black chicken on fri.

actually first trimester my doc ask me not to take multi vitamins & take only folic acid because the babies only need folic acid during first trimester. plus folic acid is vit B which will help in nausea.

my doc put me back to multi vitamins after i reach my 2nd trimester. and i have no problem eating but only able to eat small amount evyer an hr or 2hr. i start gaining weight after my MIL brew birds' nest for me everyday. my grandma brew cordyceps on tue & herbal black chicken on fri.

Try to limit ur intake of bird nest. From my experience n fren's , it cause a lot of phlegm for bb. When hving my elder gal, i took it daily. My gal very prone to cough n almost every mth will surely visit pd. She also on antibiotics n nebulizer. Very heart breaking.
So when hving my twins, i dun take at all. But took cordyceps instead. Touch wood, so far they r doing well

Try to limit ur intake of bird nest. From my experience n fren's , it cause a lot of phlegm for bb. When hving my elder gal, i took it daily. My gal very prone to cough n almost every mth will surely visit pd. She also on antibiotics n nebulizer. Very heart breaking.
So when hving my twins, i dun take at all. But took cordyceps instead. Touch wood, so far they r doing well

for my mother's case is she ate bird nest everyday, so when i'm born i do not have asthma or eczema. my siblings don't, so they have asthma & eczema.

plus my MIL went to check with TCM that first & second trimester is advisable to take bird nest (but need to choose the correct type. i forgot which type though, too chim for me. MIL say wrong type of bird nest will cause phlegm and also cannot drink those bottled type). third trimester need to stop because the foetus is nearly form. anyway i'm not sure how true is it.

i took both bird nest & cordyceps, so hope everything will goes well. and seriously i dun have any say in tonic section because is my first time. my grandma, mum & MIL all insists they know the best for me. oh well......

Hi mummies,

Where did you get the Spectra breast pumps from? The baby fair is now selling S1 for $359. Forgot to ask a about warranty. Is this price worth buying?

I bought S1 at the fair but price is $379. They were oos so I preorder but had to pay $8 for courier svs.
I a bit regret cos the freebies like not very useful to me and had to pay additional $8 for courier.

If u not keen on the freebies, can buy from mothercare at $379 or pupik studio also same price.

My error, price for Spectra S1 is $379. Had wanted to get it today but was told no stock and $8 courier fee. So didn't buy it as I thought the $8 courier fee wasn't justified.

Bought steriliser, diapers, detergent, wipes and breastfeeding wear.

just wondering now there is S2 which is the newer version, why you are considering S1?
or is it different model?

They r different models.

S1 is with rechargeable battery so u can still charge and bring it around even though it's a little bulky.

S2 got to plug in to operate.

They r different models.

S1 is with rechargeable battery so u can still charge and bring it around even though it's a little bulky.

S2 got to plug in to operate.
ic.. i thinking of renting breast pump first to test which one is more suitable for me... after trying out, then i will buy the most comfortable one

Hi everyone. I'm a mummy of 3 kids, my #2 are a pair of twin boys. Just saw this thread as I haven't been checking for a while. saw the latest post on pumps. I happen to be selling my S1 which was bought this yr end Feb. Used lightly for a while only. Warranty still applicable. In fact I bring it for a check few months back when I plan to sell to make sure everything's working fine. Pump comes with:
- Wide neck breast shield (28mm size) x 2
- Wide neck Bottle x 2 (new ones can be purchased separately. Other bottles may also be suitable)
- Tubing x 2
- Disc x 2
- Cap x 2
- Backflow protector x 2
- Valve x 2 (BN AND SEALED)
- Power adaptor

I have tried a few different brands and types of pumps since #1 times and S1 is really good in expressing milk out. Used to use another brand (not any cheaper. More exp in fact) but it doesnt express my milk out well.

If you are keen you can PM me or comment here, I can send pics of the actual pump and items. :)

Pixie, I took bird nest and cordyceps during my preg. No problem at all. In fact ppl comment that my kids have nice complexion. As long as it's moderate amount will be fine. I took like once a week or fortnightly.

for my mother's case is she ate bird nest everyday, so when i'm born i do not have asthma or eczema. my siblings don't, so they have asthma & eczema.

plus my MIL went to check with TCM that first & second trimester is advisable to take bird nest (but need to choose the correct type. i forgot which type though, too chim for me. MIL say wrong type of bird nest will cause phlegm and also cannot drink those bottled type). third trimester need to stop because the foetus is nearly form. anyway i'm not sure how true is it.

i took both bird nest & cordyceps, so hope everything will goes well. and seriously i dun have any say in tonic section because is my first time. my grandma, mum & MIL all insists they know the best for me. oh well......

Pixie, I took bird nest and cordyceps during my preg. No problem at all. In fact ppl comment that my kids have nice complexion. As long as it's moderate amount will be fine. I took like once a week or fortnightly.
i think mine is consider regularly.. bird nest is brew for me everyday.. cordyceps is once a week.

Wow is a bit too much. Maybe cut down a bit. The bird nest can be boil together with cordyceps.
cannot lei..i dun hv any say in tonic section... coz one is brew by my MIL... another one is brew by my grandma...haha...
my tonic which i can make decision is multi vitamins prescribe to me by my doc...

Hi mummies, I am 37 yo and got back my first trimester screening results yesterday. Gynae said no need to do amnio as ratio is 1:1700 and 1: 2500
I wonder if u were me, would u skip the amnio test?
Thank you!

Hi Ocean congrats on your pregnancy. Why would you want to do an amnio test in the first place ?

Hi mummies, I am 37 yo and got back my first trimester screening results yesterday. Gynae said no need to do amnio as ratio is 1:1700 and 1: 2500
Thank you!

Thank you!

I won't do amnio since gynae says results are ok and there is risk in amnio.
Don't worry too much abt it k..

For e twins, i totally din do any test, not even oscar as my gynae ask me, wat will i do if i found out e result. Touch wood if one is good and another is not, wat will b my decision. At e end, i forego all test cos i know i wont b able to decide wat to do after knowing. Fortunately, they are both borned healthy

Harmony test is not so accurate for twins coz it takes the average score of both twins. You can't separate out the results because only your blood is taken for the test. Whereas for Oscar, you take measurements of both babies separately, so at least they are tested separately.
If gynae say it's fine, then I wouldn't do amnio. Amnio test has risk of miscarriage.

My new boss has been piling me with work despite my condition. I am very worried over my beanies' growth and development as only seeing gynae 6 weeks later. Would like to see a gynae mid point that is 3 weeks later. Anywhere I can just walk in for scan? Thank you!

My new boss has been piling me with work despite my condition. I am very worried over my beanies' growth and development as only seeing gynae 6 weeks later. Would like to see a gynae mid point that is 3 weeks later. Anywhere I can just walk in for scan? Thank you!

Why don't you just call and change your gynae appointment to an earlier time? Any chance you can talk to your new boss about your condition? How far along are you now?

Back