MMI @ katong shopping centre

Hi jamie,
oh ic. But just a note that around 8 plus, near 9am. There are normally large group of parents, kids and teachers crowding the door, to take temperature, take off shoes etc. What i encounter is that when one or 2 yonger child starts crying or throwing temper, the rest follow. The teacher will try to help out by carrying the crying kids but of course not able to carry every crying kid. Then end up parent carry crying kid and the more attached to the parent, the more the kid refuse to let go. Situation could be quite messy during that timing. I normally try my best to avoid this timing if possible, either send earlier or later.

smallbell
i reached school today just before 8.45am, not crowded, i guess maybe its monday so most of the parents are late coz i joined chloe in the assembly for the 1st half hr & there are quite a few late comers.
i agree that usually 1 child cries, the rest will follow. i was abit worried initially coz thats what happen during assembly this morning. but lucky chloe is ok today. i only stayed with her during the half hr assembly & left her there together with the rest of her classmates. afterthat, i went to do some grocery shopping & coffee time with my hubby
biggrin.gif

i'm very happy that she can adapt well & fast, hopefully its not just today. was told by the teachers she didnt fuss & also finished her food which i'm really surprised!

elaine
finally get to see your zhaohui today. chloe is in the same class as him. adorable boy! he seems to enjoy himself in class so u dont hv to worry. he hv settled down liao.

hi jamie,
wow, Chloe adapt so fast and even finish her food. Guess she is really ready for school. And this is within half an hour. Did you manage to see what she do during lesson?

smallbell
chloe started crying today liao haha... i left her during assembly. just when i really thought its so good to be true, the nightmare begins!! was told my Rinn its normal for kids to start crying on the 2nd day & will last for a few days.
chloe seems fine when i fetch her just now, & even told me she will not cry & will wait for me to fetch her home. well, we shall see how it goes tomorrow, coz i'm very sure she will forget & start crying again.

i didnt get to see whats happening during lesson coz they actually want me to 'disappear' so i left.

Hi jamie,
oh dear, we spoke too fast. Did she mention anything about don't like school yesterday after she went home?

I wasn't allowed into the school at all during Patrick's first day because he was formerly from ntuc childcare for a month, so they assume that he should be adapt to cc lifestyle.

smallbell
no leh, infact she seems to enjoy school yesterday. this morning i think maybe its due to separation anxiety. teacher ferlin said she adapts well, just hv to keep her occupied with things & she wont think abt me.

actually i also wanted to put chloe in ntuc near my place but the school premises & playground is very dirty which hubby & i are concerned. the only plus point is within walking distance.

hi jamie,
glad tat u have seen Zhaohui n heisenjoying his class...
as for Chloe, just like my Zhaohui e 1st day he is okie too but e 2nd day he already know wat will happen tat's y they cries.... but once we disappear they will be able to be coax by e teacher pretty fast... i guess if we continue to stay there they might not want e teacher...
Anyway e trust e teacher very much over MMI so i can really leave Zhaohui crying.... anyway Zhaohui is still crying when we leave in e morning.... only very rarely he dont crying e morning butis only for a short 1-2mins of crying so i'm fine with it...hehe
happy.gif

So happy tat Chloe n Zhaohui is in e same class... i like e good english tat teacher Feline speaks n also she is a strict teacher so i hope Zhaohui can really learn a lot there...
happy.gif

Hi jamie,
yes, if she don't think about you should be ok. But don't think she will take very long to pass the crying phase. Is she alright today?

Glad that both of them in the same class. When are Chloe and Zhaohui's birthday?

elaine & smallbell

chloe was actually alright today, even hug & kiss me goodbye BUT started crying when 1 of the teachers offered to accompany her to put her water bottle in the tray. anyway when i came to fetch her in the afternoon, was told she's ok, only cry for abt 5mins, but didnt finish her porridge today. so i think shd improve soon i hope.

chloe's birthday is on 20 sept.

hi jamie,
As in morning only cry 5 mins after you left? then it should be alright. Maybe she didn't like the porridge or no mood to eat. Sometimes kids have their mood swing as well.

Patrick's birthday in Aug. If close dates can celebrate together.

hi elaine,
hey, Patrick is on 9th Aug but due to national day, normally celebrate earlier for him at school. Zhaohui also same month, what a coincidence.

School celebration is usually just have cake, goody bags, balloon (optional) for the kids. Normally bring the cake in the afternoon for tea break. They will play games, give out goody bag then parents can leave after the celebration.
There was once a parent hire magician for the kids, think must have cost quite alot of money.

Yesterday Patrik refuse to drink water and got punished by teacher Amy to stand in the corner. He cried for a long time at school and when he returned home, he got more punishment from me by standing in the corner.

hi small bell..
Teacher Amy already punished him why u still punish him at home??

y bring cake in e afternoon?? i thought shld bring in e morning when more children are around? last yr i bought cake n balloons (with helium) for Zhaohui's classmates cos e class only 16 of them..... now he seems to have so so many friends how to give all children helium balloons?? if only give to his only classmates also paiseh rite.... cos children love balloons... then some sure sad if they dont have....
hired a magician is really costly.... maybe i will dress myself up to be mickey mouse then go celebrate ZH's birthday for him... hahahaaaa
wonder where can find mickey mouse costume will e head gear :p

Jamie,
how's chloe??

Hi elaine,
to reinforce, if not he will forget and make the same mistake again.

Not sure, normally celebration in afternoon, maybe is try not to disrupt the usual lesson as after birthday, the kids will be distracted. Balloon is not really necessary. I normally make my own balloon dogs, the simple ones and balloon on stick.

Hahaha....good idea. If you dress up mickey mouse, then i want to attend Zhaohui birthday.

smallbell
chloe also seems to drink less water in school. i always want to remind the teachers but forgot.

elaine
chloe today CRIED SO TERRIBLY compare to the last few days
sad.gif
gosh its friday liao, tot she shd hv got used to it but seems worse compared to her 1st day. she refused to go in when we reached the entrance, saying want to go home. think come monday will be worse coz no school over the wkend.

birthday celebration
wow both of your boys are in the same mth! do parents celebrate if their child is in half day morning?

jamie,
they are like tat one la.... after we left then they will be alrite that's y e teachers are really impt cos they really must help to coax them...
my niece who is e same age as Zhaohui attend PCF prenursery early tis year then like ours she cries very badly... then guess wat .... e teacher over there just leave her crying... when my sister ask abt it... they say let her cry for few days then she will be alrite.... *faint*.... e worst case is during dismissal my niece refuse to wear shoes then lie down on e floor... e teacher just leave her there where e children wear their shoes n worst case is my sister saw those children stepping on my niece's hair BUT e teacher just dont care...
My niece was since withdrawn from e school n my sister call MOE to complaint.... now they place tat particular teacher out from tat class liao... but she is still in tat particular sch.

children are children although is a norm tat they cry for e 1st few days but i still think tat e teacher should help to coax them n not leave them alone to cry for e first few days...

Hi jamie,
oh dear, as in Chloe cried for a long time after you left? Patrick also had a period of not wanting to enter the school door. I had to chase him around the carpark, he walked all over the roof top carpark. Teacher came out to bring him inside. Once inside he cried for some time then ok.

hi elaine,
i can't make it to the seminar. When Patrick started at NTUC childcare, also the same thing, just leave him crying and several kids crying whole day. That's true, the teacher will not bother or even carry them. They claim that let the kids learn and overcome the crying phase. The school is segregated into different block classroom for different age group so the playgroup and even infant care kids are left to cry.

hi smallbell,

ya it really depends on individual school cos last yr when Zhaohui went to startots playgroup e teacher over there also carry him throughout when he is crying... n they bother to let him sit on their lap when they are teaching or even sitting on e front row of e small group of children cos he is e youngest there...

elaine
i agree, the teachers really play a very important part. teacher ferlin is very nice & patient with chloe, she will carry & coax her which i really fang xin to leave her there.

smallbell
chloe didnt cry very long, teacher ferlin told me usually its abt 5mins she would hv settled down. i told chloe since she cried then i wont sent her to school liao. then she said she want to go!! so contradicting!!
biggrin.gif

jamie....
tat's very good.... another thing is also cos most of e children had settle down by now... so she only has to concentrate on chloe so easier for her....

hi Smallbell,

u send Patrick to sch this morning?? but y u didnt get down e car if not we can see each other...
happy.gif

anyway when i saw patrick walk to e sch from e car i told Zhaohui to walk too.... lucky he is okie... n smiling when he walk into e school.

Hi jamie,
that's ok, crying for 5 mins. Yes agree, teacher ferlin is very nice.

Hi elaine,
oh yes, are you in the white car? i think i saw a white car and saw you. This morning just happen that my hubby going NTU for course so he could fetch me to work. You normally go around 7.30am?

hi smallbell,
ya my is e white car...
usually we reach 7.30-7.45am cos i need to reach school at 8am and hubby now works in CBD area so must cross e nicoll highway ERP before 8am if not he will have to pay $2....

Hi elaine,
Next time will look out for your car. The problem with the ERP charges, now the gantry is everywhere. BTW, where is your work place?

Hi jamie,
How's Chloe?

hi ladies
chloe is down with fever since sunday. today fever just subsided, hopefully will stay this way.

wow u both send your boys so early to school. they got to wake up so early.

hi smallbell,
i work at Kong Hwa school so quite near to e cc.

hi jamie,
hope chloe is better now.... is very common that they get sick after they go sch... tat's my worry when my girl needs to go cc next yr.
Zhaohui usually wakes up 6+am n he used to be our alarm clock.... he seldom wake up later than 730am...
happy.gif

anyway we got no choice but to send him to sch so so early if not then we cant go to work...
happy.gif

hi jamie,
hope she recover quickly. is it due to the school? i recall Patrick had on and off fever, flu, cough etc for a few months when he first started childcare. I had to take leave for this. Think they will be stronger after immune system is strong.

I take bus to work so during days when i have to send him to school, i am as early as 6.50am, reach school 7am sharp. Sometimes wait for teacher as school not open yet. But he will sleep in stroller so no problem.

Hi elaine,
Oh Kong Hwa school is very near. Wow, Zhaohui wake up so early, how about weekends when you want to sleep later?

elaine
i also tot its common to fall sick esp after attending school. unavoidable lah. your zhaohui really an early waker!

smallbell
i'm not sure isit due to school that she fell sick. but like u said, thats how their immune system grow stronger.

hi smallbell,
weekend he also wakes up so so early so we usually cant sleep late.... but there are still ocassion tat we really tired then we will ask him go find maid then we continue to sleep lor...

Jamie,
Zhaohui also fall sick when he started playgroup for abt 6months... we visit the PD almost every 2 wks.... lucky now he is better.

elaine
thats the thing which i'm worried lor, getting sick often & easily when they are in school. chloe was ok yesterday but today slight fever again but much better compare to sunday. BUT now seems my boy also kenna liao, fever this morning
sad.gif

talking abt sleep, eversince we hv kids, sleep is very much DEPRIVED!!
elaine, at least u can still get zhaohui to look for your maid
biggrin.gif
I'M THE MAID .... at home

oh jamie,
i'm going to be e maid of my 2 kids soooonnn cos my maid says she want to go back end of this yr...
whenever Zhaohui get sick meimei will get it soon too..... no choice since they sleep on e same bed n play together.

smallbell,
ya lor... my maid already very good dont have to look after them at nite... every nite i wake up many time to feed my girl... then Zhoahui still feeds 1-2 times at nite too but usually i will ask hubby to make milk for ZH when i'm feeding meimei.

Hi jamie,
hope both your kids recover soon. Yeah, i know what you mean. When i was sahm, i totally lost track of time and became the maid. I hate the routine lifestyle.

Hi elaine,
you still breastfeeding both of them?

hi small bell,
thank you.
i wont be getting another maid after e current one left... cos not easy to get good maid moreover since Sizhen is ready for sch then will just let her get in. Another problem also becos my MIL n SILs staying with me, my relationship with SIL still good but with MIL not very good so is not easy to find a maid who listen to me n not my MIL.... (lucky my current maid listen to me not my mil... if e next one listen to my mil n not me then i will have more problems at home...)

hi elaine,
oh, ic. Then in your case, it is really better without a maid. Perhaps you can get part time help if you need help in housework.

hi smallbell n jamie,
e sch organising trip to e zoo but i saw e consent form they put for PG then parent can go along... so how abt e N1 or N2's parent can they tag along??
if cant i also dont know whether i should let Zhaohui go along with them or not... because scared e teachers cant handle so many...
actually i am e friends of e zoo... so do u think i should tag along n pay $20 for transport n meals??

hi elaine,
opps, i never check the communication book, never notice the consent form, will go check it. So far i have never followed the excursion so not sure about the teacher to student ratio. But i suppose the school will be careful about looking after the kids properly.

You can ask teacher Mei if able to follow them and since you have friends of the zoo pass, can save a ticket for Zhaohui and yourself. If don't let Zhaohui go, there will usually be the auntie in school to look after kids who are not going but i don't think there will be proper classes on that excursion day.

hi ladies
its been a busy past week. just brought my boy to see PD, coz after recover fr fever he's now having flu & phlegmy cough. chloe is recovering i hope, her condition worsen last fri although no fever but came the flu & phlegmy cough so brought her back to see PD, was told lucky we brought her early, otherwise may develop asthma & be admitted to hospital. was given a "phlegm" machine to bring back to clear her phlegm & strengthen her lungs. tomorrow follow up doc appt again. aiyo my this mth's medical bills for 2 of them is almost $1K liao!! PD actually said chloe is under "stress" due to new school life & routine but its common for kids who 1st started school life.

elaine
when is the zoo excursion? i'm actually very keen to let chloe go if she recovers by then. of coz i would love to tag along
biggrin.gif

hi jamie,
Lucky you brought Chloe in early. Hope your boy will recover soon. Poor thing, kids nowadays also have to undergo stress. Maybe you let her stay home till both fully recovered then send her back.

smallbell

ya lor i also feel nowadays kids so poor thing. cant seem to enjoy their childhood. my mum feels i'm stressing chloe coz put her in school at such young age. during my time, we only start school during K1 & K2.

Hi jamie,
actually not young, some kids started infant care at 2 months, that's even earlier. How is your boy now?

Hi elaine,
i sign the excursion form and handed this morning. Are you going to accompany Zhaohui to the zoo?

hi smallbell,
yesterday i saw patrick n ask him is he going to e zoo... then he nod his head... heehee he knows u r letting him go before u hand up e form :p
anyway i have handed up e form yesterday n will be letting Zhaohui go with e teachers without me cos almost every weekend we will go zoo but Zhaohui hardly walk when he is there... very lazy boy always bully me
sad.gif
so hubby says this time let him follow e teachers there cos he scared if i follow e sch he will ask me to carry him again....

Both u n Jamie want to go??? if both of u also want to go then i might consider to change my plans :p heeheee

jamie,
hope ur 2 children are recovering well..
Zhaohui also use e neubraliser before n use many many times since he is very young cos he always got very thick phlegm when he is sick then my PD will loan us e machine so tat he can recover faster...
i like this machine very much becos usually after 1-2 dose u can see e child really breathe better n feel better. Dont worry abt Chloe needing to use this machine as long as there is somethg tat can make her better faster is always good
happy.gif

smallbell, elaine
both my kids are better liao. just brought chloe for doc review. can stop using the neubraliser but still need to be on medication till she recovers. i also prefer this machine than oral medication. now got additional medicine to take since stop the neubraliser
sad.gif

when is the zoo excursion? coz PD advised not to let chloe go to school for this week till she fully recovers.

hi elaine,
Patrick loves going zoo and it's been a long time since we visited. Last time i stayed in Sembawang and had friend of zoo card so could go very often. But now too far to go. Wow! you go every weekend!

Good idea, let Zhaohui go with school this time round and learn independence. Don't think i can make it for the excursion, can't take leave on that day.

Hi jamie,
zoo trip is on 27 Mar (next friday). Think Chloe can make it if she returns school next week.

Back