Maternity insurance

heartmummy

any maternity insurance plans to consider? intended to get one before i get pregnant. any plans that has the shortest waiting period?

Hi I bought my maternity insurance from Prudential before I got pregnant last year. Now I am 20 wks
happy.gif
Am planning to get Pru First Gift for baby b4 birth.
Happy to share more info wif u if you like. My email add: [email protected]

hey ladies

any advice on which insurance is better?
i have a quote from AXA and prudential...

not very good with all this terms..

Melly Jong: Hi, can u share the benefits of getting the maternity insurance and why to get b4 pregnant? Thanks!

Hi Marilyn,

There are slight differences between the 2 pregnancy plans from AXA and Prudential.

1) Prudential actually came out with the plan, then AXA follow. To capture the market, AXA "enhanced" their plan by an additional pregnancy complication and additional child congenital defect on top of Prud's plan.

2) There are slight difference in the period of insurance for mum and child between the 2 plans. Eg, AXA covers mum for 60days and child for 3yrs, while Prud cover mum for 3yrs and child for 2yrs. AXA plan can possibly cover the child up to 6yrs, as there are possiblity that congenital disorder may develop or discover at a later stage and not at birth.

3) Both plans required you to get with an Investment-linked Plan (ILP). Without underwriting, AXA allows the sum assured under ILP up to $200,000, while Prud is up to $300,000. This is where the insurers make their $ from. The pregnancy insurance is just an appetizer, and this is the main course. One thing to note is the cost of insurance for AXA is lower than Prud, thus if both insurers' investment return is the same through-out the investment period, AXA will end up with a higher cash value.

Hope this clarification helps.

Hi Ryza,

The standard Private Insurers shield plan is already covering some of the pregnancy complications, including miscarriage. You may check your shield plan policy. Usually there is a waiting period of 10months before pregnancy complications are covered.

Hope this helps. If you need more info, can PM me.

Hi TTCing,

One reason to get an insurance before pregnancy is that the plans from AXA or Prud can only start on the 18weeks. If you are under a shield plan from the pte insurer, you are already covered for some of the complications. You may wish to check your shield plan policy.

Dear all,

I attended a crash course on financial planning previously even before I was Peggy ( I m not an insurance agent) but I was taught the importance of getting a pregnancy insurance which will automatically cover the unborn child. I feel that to buy an insurance after the child is born is a bit too late because if he has been dianogsed with birth defects, no insurance company is willing to cover him. The safest path is to get him covered even before he is born. After researching I think that only prudential first gift has such coverage, though the coverage is not a lot. Does anyone knows which companies also provide similar coverage? Do let me know.

does anyone know if mothers who have conceived via assisted reproduction methods can also apply for Prufirst Gift or AXA?

Hi dulala,

AXA Mum's Advantage is available for mothers who are conceived via Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) and Intracervival Insemination (ICI). Other methods will not be accepted.

If you wish to discuss the finer details, you can PM me and bring this offline.

hi everyone AIA has a new plan covering mothers and babies. The basic plan covers the mum and transfers to the baby after birth, and the rider provides and additional benefit for pregnancy complications, hospitalisation due to pregnancy complications (for mum) and congenital illness (for baby). The hospital benefit of $100/day for the child extends to having to be incubated, premie NICU, ICU, and hospitalisation for HFMD (cover extends from birth to 3 yrs up to a max of $3k).

While the sum my not be sufficient to cover all costs, it is something worth considering because it means your child receives life protection without medical underwriting.

If any mummy is interested I'll be happy to share more with you. I'm with AIA and a mum of 3. You can contact me at 90027696 or PM me.

Hi dulala,

The AIA policy is the first in the market that covers mothers who conceive through IVF. Do contact me if you're interested to find out more.

hi

i'm interested to buy a maternity insurance however I have pre-existing condition like auto-immune thyroid disorder.

will there be riders or higher premium?
the policy does not cover pre-existing conditions right?

how about the effect of pre-existing condition on the baby?

Hi soursop2014, I'm a mummy of 3 with AIA and I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have on maternity insurance...If you would like to know more, pls drop me a PM with your email add a/o contact no, or contact me at 90027696.

Any recommendation for maternity insurance? I read about the Prudential and AXA plans but both come with ILP. Looking for a simple plan that covers duration of pregnancy with no future obligations.

Saw recently on OCBC website there is Maxmaternity which allows premium to be paid via CDA account.. and coverage starts from 13weeks onwards. Can anyone can share your views on this please? Have got PruFirstgift for my elder child. Want to knw if any big difference.

What are the available maternity insurance in the market now?

I managed to find these only:
AIA Family Baby First
GE MaxMaternity Care
PRUfirst gift

Saw recently on OCBC website there is Maxmaternity which allows premium to be paid via CDA account.. and coverage starts from 13weeks onwards. Can anyone can share your views on this please? Have got PruFirstgift for my elder child. Want to knw if any big difference.

after reading the brochure, Maxmaternity is not an ILP... It's just insurance coverage, no savings portion.. So it's a simple plan that covers duration of pregnancy with no future obligations...
But u can convert the policy to Supreme Health once child is born which is the hospitalisation plan....

Personally I think prufirstgift is good.

Firstly there covers the mother during the pregnancy and immediately transfers to baby once he/she is born.

Pricing wise, it's quite reasonable.

Would you need an adviser to advise you more? I could recommend mine if you would like.

after reading the brochure, Maxmaternity is not an ILP... It's just insurance coverage, no savings portion.. So it's a simple plan that covers duration of pregnancy with no future obligations...
But u can convert the policy to Supreme Health once child is born which is the hospitalisation plan....

Hi zaclyn!

Great Eastern is going to have a maternity plan for not yet pregnant or already pregnant ladies! It will be out end this month april 2015 and it comes with many benefits which differs from the usual hospital plan. so far the news is the premium could be $600-$700 but a single payment only and the coverage last several years. Covers both mother and child! :)

I am going to get this when it is released! you can pm me at [email protected] if you would like to be updated! :)

i think all maternity insurance agar agar same same...
but i think will take prudential coz i will get 15% or 25% off from premium..haha...

According to the website is $320 per month. Coz i buying another retirement plan coz my current endowment plan is ending.. so package package will have discount. I assume i will be paying 15% to 25% lower than the display price...

But after i confirm will update again.. coz i also considering GE

I will b getting prufirst gift from my agent. I got for my first kid so 2nd one should get too. It's affordable to me. Better start early then regret. U can get advice from my agent who is serving me for very long. [email protected]

Am I too late to reply...?
Anyway, there are 3 main prenatal plans in Singapore. Prudential, AIA and AXA.
AXA and AIA accepts IVF mothers. In general, all these prenatal plans areas are all about the same, attached to an investment-linked plan. If you don't like ILP plans right, the only choice is AXA because they have Family's Advantage, where baby can take a whole life plan instead of ILP. And also the list of things AXA covers is the most comprehensive, just google it and you will see.

I can refer you to my agent if you are interested to know more in-depth stuff. Just PM me

My friend who is giving birth next month just got a plan from great eastern because she wanted coverage during the pregnancy term and slightly after, for both herself and the child.
It is one time payment and covers a lot of pregnancy complications and congenital illnesses. Also gives a voucher to buy insurance for your newborn.
I asked my other axa, aia and pru friends, they all have this type of cover bundled with a life plan, but my friend already have 2 life plans, hence she got this.

Hope the info helps.
Feel free to pm me if you have questions :)

The life plan bundled with the maternity insurance is meant more for the baby than for the mum. It is to provide a guaranteed life coverage for baby even before baby is born. As sometimes baby may be born prematurely or with certain congenital illness which makes it difficult or impossible to get any types of coverage for the baby. I provide advice on prenatal insurance. Feel free to pm me if anyone need more information.

Hello,

How much does it cost monthly for that?
The great eastern one is a one time payment and covers the baby up to 3 years though. Quite value for money I think.

The maternity plan is just a one time payment of $320 for mothers age 35 and below. The life plan you can choose from 3 available options: $100/$200/$300 per month gives coverage of $100k/$200k/$300k respectively. Before baby is born, the coverage is on the mother. Once baby is born, the life plan is automatically transferred to cover the baby regardless of any medical conditions.
Per monthly payment for how long?

Per monthly payment for how long?
The payment is whole life, however once your child has grown up, you can choose to assign the plan to him/her to continue with the coverage and payment of plan. During the term of the plan, you also have the flexibility to withdraw money from the plan at various milestones eg family trip, child's exchange programme, child's tertiary education, while your child continue to enjoy the valuable coverage that you have secured for him/her since birth.

Hi mummies, i'm a mum of 4 with AIA. Happy to share why I bought the AIA maternity plan, Family First Baby, for myself. If anyone is interested, can contact me at 90027696 or email [email protected].

Oh AIA's plan covers IVF mummies too :)

Does anyone know if AXA covers like admission to NICU as well? I know AIA and Prudential does but not too sure about AXA one. I'm thinking of getting their Mum's advantage plan

At which stage do you usually buy this insurance? Trying to conceive? The moment you are preggy or after a certain time frame depend on the companies?

Hi! I have a friend in Prudential, if u are interested can contact her at +65 9816 8157, madelyn. She is supporting 3 kids and really needed sales, so hopefully u can contact her if u are interested in any policy! Thanks! :)

Does anyone know if AXA covers like admission to NICU as well? I know AIA and Prudential does but not too sure about AXA one. I'm thinking of getting their Mum's advantage plan

Yup! And normal ward as well. For both mum n baby if stay is more than required.

Back