"Many" Phlegm

Frankie13

Hi everyone,

My baby who is 6 weeks old seems to have "many" phlegm. He tends to breath heavily during sleeping.

We asked many docs and the answer is always the same. "It is common for newborn".
We were thinking whether is it due to the formula milk but docs said no.

One of the docs said maybe due to aircon or direct blowing of the fan.

Does anyone face the same problem?
Thanks.

I am not sure about newborns. But my friend told me their 1.5yo has been having these "cold symptoms" since early this year. They were worried about bronchitis or asthma as my friend has asthma, but the doc said no. They did say it it might have been they just moved to a new flat where the baby sleeps with direct fan. If no fan, the baby becomes too hot, so no choice they still put direct fan

I am not sure about newborns. But my friend told me their 1.5yo has been having these "cold symptoms" since early this year. They were worried about bronchitis or asthma as my friend has asthma, but the doc said no. They did say it it might have been they just moved to a new flat where the baby sleeps with direct fan. If no fan, the baby becomes too hot, so no choice they still put direct fan

My baby tends to get hot easily. that is why we put him directly under the ceiling fan. At night, due to the phlegm, he is not sleeping well and breathing very heavily. My wife and i are unable to sleep well too as we are constantly waking up to check on the baby whether he makes a noise. We are worried that he will be choked by his phlegm.

At a loss of what to do now as all doctors said it is normal and no medication is needed.

understand how you feel..

me and my sis's kids have the same issue, my sis's daug got the sound till now (4yrs old).. could be due to we are lot of phlegm type since young.. so our kids also got it :confused:

understand how you feel..

me and my sis's kids have the same issue, my sis's daug got the sound till now (4yrs old).. could be due to we are lot of phlegm type since young.. so our kids also got it :confused:

Hi,

Thanks for sharing. We will check with the doc again on this.

Hi everyone,

My baby who is 6 weeks old seems to have "many" phlegm. He tends to breath heavily during sleeping.

We asked many docs and the answer is always the same. "It is common for newborn".
We were thinking whether is it due to the formula milk but docs said no.

One of the docs said maybe due to aircon or direct blowing of the fan.

Does anyone face the same problem?
Thanks.

Ehk?! My baby also having the same issue and doctor said exactly the same! Hmm...

Ehk?! My baby also having the same issue and doctor said exactly the same! Hmm...

Hi,

In the end, one of the docs concluded that as my baby is a little overweight, the fats in the body is causing his windpipe to get narrower. That is the reason why he is breathing so heavily during night sleep.

Now it is getting better.

Hi,

In the end, one of the docs concluded that as my baby is a little overweight, the fats in the body is causing his windpipe to get narrower. That is the reason why he is breathing so heavily during night sleep.

Now it is getting better.
Huh really? Mine didnt say that.. My baby weight 5.3kg at 6weeks..

Doctor did suction to remove the phlegm.. N at home i subsequently put the nasal nose spray n suction out those i can from the nose.. Hehex..

Huh really? Mine didnt say that.. My baby weight 5.3kg at 6weeks..

Doctor did suction to remove the phlegm.. N at home i subsequently put the nasal nose spray n suction out those i can from the nose.. Hehex..

ya......the doc did say that.....we were given nasal nose spray and suction too. Now my baby breathing is better now., even though at times he is still breathing heavily.

My baby tends to get hot easily. that is why we put him directly under the ceiling fan. At night, due to the phlegm, he is not sleeping well and breathing very heavily. My wife and i are unable to sleep well too as we are constantly waking up to check on the baby whether he makes a noise. We are worried that he will be choked by his phlegm.

At a loss of what to do now as all doctors said it is normal and no medication is needed.

You can place a standing fan, lift up a bit and let it circulate but don't blow directly on your baby. Try to let your baby sleep side way a bit as to help him to breathe better. You can try to change formula milk to soy milk :)

Back