Maid's food arrangement

leimommy

I live around tanglin.

The spending and price living here is crazy.

How do you normally arrange your helper's food?????

Our helper eats the same food as us. We get our weekly groceries from Fairprice. Their prices are cheaper than Cold Storage/ Market Place/ Jasons.

There's always RedMart, qoo10 for groceries that delivers. My helpers like to cook instant noodles then add veggies. Interestingly their fav is nissin cup noodles, chili crab and tom yum. I do tell them not to eat those all the time.

There's always RedMart, qoo10 for groceries that delivers. My helpers like to cook instant noodles then add veggies. Interestingly their fav is nissin cup noodles, chili crab and tom yum. I do tell them not to eat those all the time.
Hello cup noddles are double the price of pkt 1s....

Try watching out the expenses even small little items, so when we look back we can understand where the money are going to.

My house one eat same food as us.. if we eat overnight food, she also eat..
If we packet food, also will hv her share, buy pizza/kfc/macdonal also will give her eat..
If we go resturant eat, she eat wif us too.. an extra pair of chopsticks/bowl of rice only mah..

If we are not home, she will heat up overnight food to eat, or cook watever she can find, or she cook extra when she cook for my daughters..
Example: Elder daughter very like the chicken wings she marinated, she will cook for herself too, if cook rice/soup, she also eat tgt with the kids.
We dun really control what she eat, which is why she tell us "me & wife" is diff, from her previous employer..

In my openion, they also are human being, good or bad we put aside, still is need to give eat..that is the basic rule...a person tat is not hungry MAY perform better than one that is hungry...do things may not be so concentrate.

At times, if certain food is finish, {maybe bread or egg}, she will tell us den we buy lor.. sometimes hours later will appear, sometimes maybe 1 week also never appear.
Den she make do wif instant noodle, etc..

My refrigerator can be out of stock for vegetable/meat....But in kitchen, never b4 out of stock for instant noodles/rice/canned food/biscuits & rubbish food such as tibits...

Last edited:
We give my maid $5 a meal allowance. Used to ask her for receipt but after awhile lazy and forget to ask her. I think I must start a notebook make her write down the cost of each meal just for good record keeping.

Since I'm going to be a SAHM soon, I want to tighten our Budget hence I don't think I will be so generous anymore. Cos now two income I'm so busy I really just close one eye and trust her. I will watch closely over each meal expense.

Hi, I'm thinking of hiring a maid to take care of my elderly father. Any advice on what I should take note of? Any good agency to recommend? This is the first time I'm hiring a maid. Should I get an Indonesian or Myanmarese? Hmm.... so many things to think...

Back