Magician - DO NOT enagage "Ministry of Party "!

Hi ALL,

In case you guys want to engage magician for your kids' birthdays, please DO NOT
engage "Ministry of Party" (Edwin Goh).

http://www.partyplanner.com.sg/

I just had a terrible experience with them. I have booked a 1hour package last sat (10 May) which supposed to consist of the following :
30mins magic show
5 mins puppet show
20mins balloon sculpture
5mins host cake cutting

The magician came on time and started the show at 630pm. However the magic show only lasted for 15mins.
After 15mins, he started to ask all the kids to queue up for the balloon sculpture.
At 7pm after distributing the balloons, he LEFT the party venue without informing the host! He told the kids that he has left something in the car that he needs to go and get.

The kids were there staring blankly waiting for the magician to come back. End up he only came back after 10mins. And by then, the kids were already running all over the place. The most frustrating part is after he came back, instead of gathering the kids together, he was busy with his handphone!

By then it was already 715pm, so i have to walk to him to tell him to host the cake cutting. After the cake cutting, he was fast to request for payment and he said he has completed his job!

The next day after the party, i wrote an email to "Ministry of Party" to feedback about what has happened.
Guess what.. the boss who is the magician himself - Edwin Goh called and instead of apologising, he is very defensive, trying hard to justify himself and he even blamed that because of insufficient parking lots around my area hence he has to park quite a distance away from my unit so that is why he took longer to come back! But my point is as a magician, how can you just disappear from the show without even informing the host! How can a magician forgot to bring the confetti popper for the cake hosting?!
The magic/puppet/balloon show which is supposed to be 55mins end up only lasted 30mins!
He did not feel sorry for what has happened instead he kept arguing and said "there's nothing much i can do" and he slammed down the phone!

I'm totally disappointed with their service! They are irresponsible and totally not professional! They failed to deliver what they have promised and they treat customers like a fool!

I had a bad experience with Ministry of Party (www.PartyPlanner.com.sg) as well.
I spent 100 bucks on helium balloons for my son's birthday. They arrived look rather smallish, and Edwin said it was normal. Within just 6 hours , almost all the balloons were no longer floating and lying on the floor! Very dissapointed!

When I called him and asked him why, he just shrugged and said "it was normal, the helium we get from vendors no good. Next time , don't buy the balloons"

WTF?? I have bought balloons for parties before and they last almost the whole day. Imagine my son's dissapointment at the end of the party, he had nothing to take and play. And none of his friends could take home balloons too as they were all just rolling on the floor

I think you just were unhappy cos an hour passes too fast haha.
I engaged Edwin to get balloons for me twice and both times they were huge and cost efficient.
Am gonna engage him again for 100dollars worth of Helium balloons on 17th January. He has not disappointed me so I guess perhaps you both suay la.
Have engaged others before, but the best so far has been Partyplanner.com.sg Ministry Of Party.
Maybe I'm lucky.

Back