Low breastmilk

Chameleony

Hi, my baby is abt 1 month old and my bm supply is still low. Anybody is having the same issue? How to increase bm? Pls advise.

Hi, my baby is abt 1 month old and my bm supply is still low. Anybody is having the same issue? How to increase bm? Pls advise.
Hi Chameleony,
I thought I had low supply when my LO was 3 weeks old. I was wrong. She was nursing frequently to establish my supply. 95-99% of mother produce enough milk to meet their baby's/babies' needs.
I'm back at work now. The amount I'm pumping is more than enough to meet her needs.

If you think you're really not producing enough, this website may help you: http://kellymom.com/hot-topics/low-supply/

I have milk to donate, but I pumped that milk when she was around 10 weeks. I'm not sure if you're open to milk donation.

Hi there,

I think there are many mums in this forum who have posted advice and tips on boosting breastmilk. In summary, most mummies try the following:
- eating a balanced diet including lots of fluids. For example, oats, cereal, soups, milo and lots of water.
- try lactaction pills which can be prescribed by ur gynae
-lactaction cookies which contains flax seeds etc which is thought to increase milk supply. U can google Melody Bakes

Also, check if your baby is latching properly or has difficulty latching. Get into a comfortable position when nursing. Engorgement can also make it hard for baby to suckle and they may give up after sometime. So massage ur breasts to clear blocked ducts and hand expressed alittle before feeding ur baby.

Regular latching/pumping can help build and establish your supply.

However, at the end of the day, pls know that your baby loves you no matter if he or she is formula or breastfed. And your self worth as a mummy does not diminish with ability to breastsfeed or not. Keeping a relaxed mind can also help milk production as opposed to being overly stressed about it.

My baby is currently 3 months old and im fully breastfeeding her. Good luck!

Drinking more Nutrition Soup do helps to increase breast milk. We have 3 Soups that is packed mainly to help increasing lactation.
Mummies who face insufficient Lactation can consider about this.

1. #17 - Cordyceps Flowers Fish Maw Soup (Most Popular - Good response from all my customer)
2. #54 - Lactation Fish maw Soup (NEW!)
3. #55 - Lactation Herbal Fisg Maw Soup (NEW!)

Fish Maw is a lining of a fish stomach which is rich in Collagen, Protein & Colloid. Its promote lactation.
#54 & 55 includes Tong Cao (Rice Paper Pith, Tetrapanax) which helps for insufficient lactation.

Mummies can google the benefits of Fish Maw & Tong Cao online too :)

As currently the 2 New Soup are not up in my website. For any enquiries I can be contacted at 9384 2174.

Our Shop Location is at
30 Seng Poh Rd #01-80
(S)168898
FB: Tang Liao Ge Pte Ltd 汤料閣

Operating Hours:
Friday to Sunday
9.30am to 1.30pm

Appreciated much to send me a text before coming down to avoid any inconvenience caused.

Thank you.
Tang Liao Ge

Back