Looking for help on getting 7 year old daughter out of diapers

Katyln27

Hello everyone I came here hoping people would be able to offer me some advice on getting my daughter potty trained she currently has to wear diapers 24/7 for both needs. I have tried potty training her when she was younger but we made no progress at all later on I decided to take her to a few doctors and therapists but they all told that both mentally and physically she was fine.
I just don't know what to do anymore and feel like I've run out of things to try any advice I could get would be amazing thanks!

I’m not sure if what I did will help with your 7 year old.
Mine was 2.5 years old when I potty trained him.
Your daughter should be old enough to understand and follow instructions well.

Inform her well in advance what the plan for toilet training is. Explain why she should give up the diapers. Ask if there’s any reason why she still wants to wear diapers.

For mine, i followed what I read in a book (Oh crap potty training). I informed him there’s a potty for him to use, and Poop and urine goes into the potty. Let my son go around without diapers or shorts on for the first day. For the next 2-3 days, let him go commando. He was more than ready to give up diapers when I tried so it was a Breeze. So far, only one accident in school.

Since your child is much older, reasoning might help. She might have a psychological barrier; find out what’s holding her back.

So I have talked to her about it before and she just says she finds it easier to go in her diapers rather than the toilet since she doesn't have to stop what she's doing and I've thought about going without diapers but I do have some questions about doing that

So I have talked to her about it before and she just says she finds it easier to go in her diapers rather than the toilet since she doesn't have to stop what she's doing and I've thought about going without diapers but I do have some questions about doing that

She is old enough to ditch the diapers for sure. Set a date together with her, state what will happen and just do it. Prep her properly for it.
Have nice pretty underwear ready for her :)

I agree with Spaniel, your daughter is old enough to move from diapers to underwear. Try to talk with her, any kid at this age should understand what is right and what is wrong.
Choose with her some pretty underwear that she wouldn't like to make dirty.

Indeed, at 7yo will definitely be able to reason with her unless she does have some phycological barrier which needs to be addressed by the professionals. Otherwise, other than doing the prep-talk and letting her choose her own pretty undies, you should also stop stocking on diapers as she will be reliant knowing the diapers are waiting for her and she will not be motivated to be toilet-trained. You will also need to be firm on your end.

Hello everyone just wanted to say thank you all for the advice but an issue I've had recently with her about getting her underwear is that she doesn't want to choose any of them she doesn't really seem interested in actually getting pretty underwear so I don't think she is going to want them

Back