Looking for gynae that delivers in Mt A

lbensonms

Dear mommies/MTB,

My wife and i just discovered that she is pregnant and is now looking for a gynae that delivers in Mt A. Any commend or feedback for Dr Caroline Khi?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Dr Lawrence Ang from Thomson Clinic delivers both in TMC and MTA. He has one of the best packages I have seen in terms of pricing and seems very popular in motherhood forum.

my is Dr Poon King Fu. He has a shared clinic in Mt A and his own clinic at Blk 108 Hougang Ave 1. package starts from week 12 onwards. $700+GST. 1st visit usually $150+ scan, urine test and protein glucose test..

My gynae is Dr Fong Yang. Delivers at Mt A, Mt E and Thomson med. Clinic at Paragon or Tiong Bahru.
highly recommended.

My Gynae is dr Don Wong, Gynae link and deliver at Mt A or TMC. His clinic is at Almiralty mrt station. His package is cheap at $600 start from my 2nd visit when I pregnant for 2 months+.

I would recommend my gynae Dr Kenneth Edward Lee. He is a very humourous and fun doctor and never fails to put a smile on our face when we see him. He delivers at Mt A, has a clinic at Mt A and Marsiling.

is Dr Kenneth Edward Lee. or Don Wong better? just called Dr Wong clinci to make an appointment next week, but the nurse ansrew the call like kind of unfriendly and not that patience.

Dr Kenneth Edward Lee. He delivers my #1 in 2009 and still remembers my husband's & #1's name when we see him again for my #2. He has very good bedside manners & patiently attend to all your queries. He has evening clinic on Fridays.

Hi mummy,

If you are pro natural birth then you can try Dr Ho Hon Kok. His stitching was fantastic. All my cousins and sister consulted him when they were pregnant, and including myself! I delivered at 1am, and could walk around with minimal pain after breakfast.

Hi. U can consider dr jasmine mohd. She is patient, gentle & assuring. Her clinic is at tmc & able to deliver at mount a too. She is the gynae for my first & second pregnancy.

Dr Kenneth Edward Lee. He delivers my #1 in 2009 and still remembers my husband's & #1's name when we see him again for my #2. He has very good bedside manners & patiently attend to all your queries. He has evening clinic on Fridays.

Hi clumsybabe mummy
is the clinic beside the Hair salon at blk 303 woodlands?

my gynae is dr phua soo mear at kovan area. my package is $600 for 16 weeks onwards? i'm delivering at mount A in mid june :)

U can go to Dr Poon King Fu. His clinic is at Blk 108 Hougang Ave 1. He is v nice, patient, not pushy n pro natural delivery. He helped deliver my boy safely via natural delivery despite e umbilical cord loosely hanging ard his neck. I stay at Punggol but went to him after reading positive online reviews abt him. No regrets. :)

U can go to Dr Poon King Fu. His clinic is at Blk 108 Hougang Ave 1. He is v nice, patient, not pushy n pro natural delivery. He helped deliver my boy safely via natural delivery despite e umbilical cord loosely hanging ard his neck. I stay at Punggol but went to him after reading positive online reviews abt him. No regrets. :)
Hi, May I know how much is the rate for first visit for Dr Poon? Tks! :)

my gynae is dr phua soo mear at kovan area. my package is $600 for 16 weeks onwards? i'm delivering at mount A in mid june :)

Hi shiokz

How is Dr Phua skill? Is his stitching good? Is he attentive? How is his attitude during consultation?

Dr Phua is very straightforward, my consultations with him is not very long, maybe because no problems w the pregnancy. Any questions u can just ask him. He's a kind old man haha. He's pro natural and does not really encourage me to for induction (could be just for my case only) as he says it will cause me very long delivery and the medication will not be good for the pushing. So he's v experienced.

That's just for my case and every pregnancy is different.

He also told me as the placenta is covering my baby's face, I won't get to see very nice ultrasound pics, but he tried his best anyway.

In the end I ended up w c-section because I was very late and my cervix was still wasn't ripe, baby never move down.

Stitching wise I would say it is very good. The wound itself was below the panty line, no issue, and the stitch removal was so fast I didn't even know finish le - 5 seconds only. But it is a very deep cut of course, 7 months le and I feel it is still recovering.

I engaged Dr. KC Ching for my 3 pregnancies....he has 2 clinics, Mt.A & Mt. E...of course i chose Mt.A as my delivery hospital...Dr. Ching is an experienced gynae and I think his package is reasonable...:)

my is Dr Poon King Fu. He has a shared clinic in Mt A and his own clinic at Blk 108 Hougang Ave 1. package starts from week 12 onwards. $700+GST. 1st visit usually $150+ scan, urine test and protein glucose test..

Hi can you pls share your personal experience with Dr Poon King Fu? Is he a Patient, Gentle and Responsible gynae? And how's his service and skills? Thank you so much!!!

Hi can you pls share your personal experience with Dr Poon King Fu? Is he a Patient, Gentle and Responsible gynae? And how's his service and skills? I really need your advice. Thank you so much!!!

Hi can you pls share your personal experience with Dr Poon King Fu? Is he a Patient, Gentle and Responsible gynae? And how's his service and skills? I really need your advice. Thank you so much!!!
I like him. My hubby n me r not e kind to ask many questions so our visits quite short n sweet. He's always amused by e 2 of us though. But when we got questions, he will ans patiently. Gentle, yes. He will tell u if there will b a little pain. Den again, I got high tolerance to pain. I always look when he takes my blood or gives injections, which he says many dun dare to look. V responsible, he called back when I called e emergency line on a PH coz I had bleeding n offered to c me at Mount A if I dun feel safe. When I was preggie wif number 2, I straight away went back to him.

Skills wise, I think he's v gd. I gave birth to both my kids naturally without epidural. Most gynaes would prob haf wheeled me into e operating theatre for c sect coz both my kids' umbilical cords were ard their necks but he patiently waited for my 2 kids to come out. I pushed too hard when I gave birth to my boy so got a big tear wif excessive bleeding. He took 3+ hrs to stitch me up in e delivery suite after I fainted. When I woke up, he said he was finishing e stitching soon but din wanna wheel me into operating theatre to help me save money. I felt so touched. When I was abt to push for my number 2, he kept reminding me not to push too hard again. Both wounds healed well.

After e birth of my boy, I had a cyst so got him to help me do e op to remove e cyst as well. Wound healed v well.

Nurses r frenly and will bother to rem all mummies by name. If got issues wif ur appt slot, they will call u promptly one. Like doc need to go hospital den they immediately call to reschedule ur appt. Or if someone before u cancel her appt, den they will ask if u can come earlier etc.

I feel v comfy wif him, which I think is e most impt coz dis is e 1st pair of eyes dat will c my kids.

Suggest u make an appt to c him first. If comfy den u continue :)

I like him. My hubby n me r not e kind to ask many questions so our visits quite short n sweet. He's always amused by e 2 of us though. But when we got questions, he will ans patiently. Gentle, yes. He will tell u if there will b a little pain. Den again, I got high tolerance to pain. I always look when he takes my blood or gives injections, which he says many dun dare to look. V responsible, he called back when I called e emergency line on a PH coz I had bleeding n offered to c me at Mount A if I dun feel safe. When I was preggie wif number 2, I straight away went back to him.

Skills wise, I think he's v gd. I gave birth to both my kids naturally without epidural. Most gynaes would prob haf wheeled me into e operating theatre for c sect coz both my kids' umbilical cords were ard their necks but he patiently waited for my 2 kids to come out. I pushed too hard when I gave birth to my boy so got a big tear wif excessive bleeding. He took 3+ hrs to stitch me up in e delivery suite after I fainted. When I woke up, he said he was finishing e stitching soon but din wanna wheel me into operating theatre to help me save money. I felt so touched. When I was abt to push for my number 2, he kept reminding me not to push too hard again. Both wounds healed well.

After e birth of my boy, I had a cyst so got him to help me do e op to remove e cyst as well. Wound healed v well.

Nurses r frenly and will bother to rem all mummies by name. If got issues wif ur appt slot, they will call u promptly one. Like doc need to go hospital den they immediately call to reschedule ur appt. Or if someone before u cancel her appt, den they will ask if u can come earlier etc.

I feel v comfy wif him, which I think is e most impt coz dis is e 1st pair of eyes dat will c my kids.

Hi Tazf17, THANK YOU so much for your replying me. You're the only one replying back despite a couple of threads sent regarding Dr Poon King Fu. Anyway YOU'RE SUCH A BRAVE MUM!!!! On the opp side, I have extremely low pain threshold personally since young so you can imagine how much pain I need to bear during delivery? (OMG !!!!!!)

Pls further advise if he is the sort who will prefer Natural birth than C-Sect ??? And also when to choose or decide on using Epidural???? Thank you once again for your soonest reply.

Hi Tazf17, THANK YOU so much for your replying me. You're the only one replying back despite a couple of threads sent regarding Dr Poon King Fu. Anyway YOU'RE SUCH A BRAVE MUM!!!! On the opp side, I have extremely low pain threshold personally since young so you can imagine how much pain I need to bear during delivery? (OMG !!!!!!)

Pls further advise if he is the sort who will prefer Natural birth than C-Sect ??? And also when to choose or decide on using Epidural???? Thank you once again for your soonest reply.

Dr Poon is v pro natural delivery so unless u opt for c sect or really can't go for natural delivery, he will wait wif u if baby's heartbeat nv drop. During e waiting process for dilation, he will ask if u still wanna wait if still ok or he will tell u e ultimatum by when u haf to go for c sect.

I'm not v sure when u need to opt for epidural coz I din. But I suppose u gotta decide when u wanna book e hospital room coz e packages for c sect, natural wif or without epidural r diff.

Dr Poon is v pro natural delivery so unless u opt for c sect or really can't go for natural delivery, he will wait wif u if baby's heartbeat nv drop. During e waiting process for dilation, he will ask if u still wanna wait if still ok or he will tell u e ultimatum by when u haf to go for c sect.

I'm not v sure when u need to opt for epidural coz I din. But I suppose u gotta decide when u wanna book e hospital room coz e packages for c sect, natural wif or without epidural r diff.

Hi Tazf17, thanks again for your prompt reply.

So if Dr. Poon is very pro natural type of gynae, will he be upset or angry when he learns I may want to opt for C-sect instead??

Actually I still don't know all these yet coz I met him yesterday for the 1st time and he looked gentle and quite nice overall. After we finished our ultrasound scan, we asked him several short questions but he got a little impatient and told us nicely that he has other patients to attend to. So this makes me worry if he is that sort that may easily or shortly get upset or impatient with pregnant mums for deliveries at operating theatres.

And I want to also check with you. Is/are there any scenarios you or your friends have personally heard before that maybe some pregnant mums initially wanted natural births with epidurals (self thinking it would be ok to endure through the excruciating pains)......then eventually cannot tolerate....so suddenly wanted to switch using C-sect op, is this doable or not ok???? Does gynae need to approve or ok with such a hasty decision???? Thanks for your further advise.

Hi Tazf17, thanks again for your prompt reply.

So if Dr. Poon is very pro natural type of gynae, will he be upset or angry when he learns I may want to opt for C-sect instead??

Actually I still don't know all these yet coz I met him yesterday for the 1st time and he looked gentle and quite nice overall. After we finished our ultrasound scan, we asked him several short questions but he got a little impatient and told us nicely that he has other patients to attend to. So this makes me worry if he is that sort that may easily or shortly get upset or impatient with pregnant mums for deliveries at operating theatres.

And I want to also check with you. Is/are there any scenarios you or your friends have personally heard before that maybe some pregnant mums initially wanted natural births with epidurals (self thinking it would be ok to endure through the excruciating pains)......then eventually cannot tolerate....so suddenly wanted to switch using C-sect op, is this doable or not ok???? Does gynae need to approve or ok with such a hasty decision???? Thanks for your further advise.

No lar. He wun b angry lar. It's up to u how u wanna gif birth to ur baby. Natural to c sect also common coz sometimes mother cannot tahan or baby heartbeat drops. Most imptly is mother n baby safe n sound.

Usually he is ok wif questions leh coz I've waited quite long outside before. Maybe he needs to clear e patients outside before he rushes off to hospital coz he dun like to send ppl back once they r at e clinic.

Before u sign e package, e choice is still urs. If u feel u can't decide yet, den maybe go for another appt or 2 den decide :)

I just delivered on 23 Jun by Dr Phua.

He delivers at MTA and TMC. His package starts from W16 at $695 nett. Includes US, Urine tests and 1 3D scan (he gave me more). Not incl of blood test, screening, detailed scan, Oscar, harmony, supplements and what nots.

My no2 had umbilical cord around the neck. He was very assuring that it is still possible to deliver naturally, of course mentioning that I might need csec if BB is in distress during labour.

Admitted to be induced at 8am. Ard 845am BB shows signs of distress, he came in and stop inducement, suggested csec or wait. No pushing or pressure. I chose to wait.

3hrs later, at 12nn he came in to see me and was pleased w the progress of dilation. I delivered naturally w/o epidural at 1249pm. Dr Phua takes good care of the bb, monitoring his heartbeat and made me lie to my left and use oxygen mask.

My delivery cost less than $6.2k (Dr Phua fees, PD fees, 2nights stay for mummy, bb in nursery, and HB stay). $2.55k by Medisave. So cash outlay is $3.6k.

This is for natural delivery, no epidural and no complications w BB.

Hi, I strongly recommend Dr Poon King Fu. His clinic at Hougang Ave 1. Pro-nature and help patience to save cost in all ways. We ended up emergency c-sect due to complication during my induce. He react fast and did not force us to wait any further. Throughout our pregnancy he gave us a lot of confidence. He is truly a gynae to look for!

Back