Leech in the family

rainygal

Recently, my FIL is being hospitalised. Till today, still in ICU. We had sent him to the hospital last Thurs when we were told by Bro in law that he is sick. When we reached the house, we saw him almost dying.. MIL and SIL (my husband's sis) continued to watch their channel 8 drama. There is no sense of urgency. Later I found out from the eldest nephew that FIL was very sick since last Tues. He begged his own mom and grandma to send this poor man to the hospital but everyone ignored him.

FIL had his leg amputated due to flesh eating bacteria. Still on ventilator... Now the youngest nephew's leg is swollen. SIL again does not have the urgency to send her own son to see a doc. My husband has to send him and even paid all the medical expenses. Now this boy is in A&E waiting for the blood test result.

I had a big quarrel with my husband. I'm not working. Yet, he has to bear all the medical expenses and downright to transport fees just because his sister's 'ignorance'. To me, she is just taking advantage of my husband. 如果要生孩子, 就要负责!I am really very very mad at whatever is going on to the extent that I asked myself if I can even tolerate this going forward.

I'm seriously thinking to divorce. As much as I applaud that my husband is a 孝子, I can't accept that everyone in his family leech on him.

Make sure u gain more from dv then staying put.

When u lay on the sick bed, i can guarantee your husband will be the no-let-go-won't-give-up kind.

I don't understand. There should be some form of insurance coverage. Totally no?? Why don't u threaten to report on your BIL?

Since already tear face and u willing to stake your marriage, then might as well report abuse on them? Threaten them u will post social media and they will lose their job.

Aso, u should try find out whether the old man or your hub is a jackpot. Just incase u miss out a pot of gold the moment your dv is finalised.

I hope u don't have children. If u are single, jus go..

Btw, learn from ppl's mistake. Buy ample insurance coverage for yourself. Very slim chance to have a family member like your hub.

That's a really terrible relatives u have there.

Indeed having children is more than just giving birth. If it is only about giving birth, humans are no more than animals :p

Recently, my FIL is being hospitalised. Till today, still in ICU. We had sent him to the hospital last Thurs when we were told by Bro in law that he is sick. When we reached the house, we saw him almost dying.. MIL and SIL (my husband's sis) continued to watch their channel 8 drama. There is no sense of urgency. Later I found out from the eldest nephew that FIL was very sick since last Tues. He begged his own mom and grandma to send this poor man to the hospital but everyone ignored him.

FIL had his leg amputated due to flesh eating bacteria. Still on ventilator... Now the youngest nephew's leg is swollen. SIL again does not have the urgency to send her own son to see a doc. My husband has to send him and even paid all the medical expenses. Now this boy is in A&E waiting for the blood test result.

I had a big quarrel with my husband. I'm not working.

Lol. So what you not working. Go and work loh if you want. You not working , the money your husband earn is his.. the entitlement in this post is crazy.

Yet, he has to bear all the medical expenses and downright to transport fees just because his sister's 'ignorance'. To me, she is just taking advantage of my husband. 如果要生孩子, 就要负责!I am really very very mad at whatever is going on to the extent that I asked myself if I can even tolerate this going forward.

I'm seriously thinking to divorce. As much as I applaud that my husband is a 孝子, I can't accept that everyone in his family leech on him.

Wow you really giving woman a bad name.

First off is your husband's father ! If situation reversed is your father you won't do the same?

The nephew case a bit too much I agree.

I'm a man whose wife I think is in the same situation as your husband. In laws don't have any saving , don't have medical coverage, useless brother in law who cannot hold a job , so burden of taking care of in laws will fall on my wife (and unlike you she does work!).

And I can sort of feel the unfairness (other stories I don't want to relate except to say my wife very poor thing growing up getting bullied , now that she "successful" want to leach on her) but I admire my wife for her big heart.

I'll still try to step in when I think she does too much but family is family

Make sure u gain more from dv then staying put.

Aso, u should try find out whether the old man or your hub is a jackpot. Just incase u miss out a pot of gold the moment your dv is finalised.

Wow this reply is so bad. Why not divorce and go marry a Rich old man?

Back