Lactation consultants

ling0079

Just wondering if any mummies here have any recommendations? I had a lot of difficulties breastfeeding with my first baby and I want to make sure I get good help in advance this time round as I'm having twins.

Someone recommended Christina kwek. Does anyone have experience with her?

When is your EDD? I came across mums fairy at the expo fair recently. They conduct classes for bf. I am taking the class this weekend, I can let you know the outcome. Or else, maybe you can also check out Mount A, they are very pro bf, and have classes on that too.

Hi, my edd is mid June but likely csec end may. I took classes before but reality is so different from theory! The last round, the LC at gleneagles spent a lot of time with me and everything about the latch looked perfect but things just didnt work and it was really painful. It wasn't until my baby was 10 days old at home that I got the doula who gve me theory lessons to come help and guess what, she adjusted my baby a bit and the pain completely disappeared!

Hi, i went for the 3 classes, and i think what the consultant taught was pretty useful and informative. For someone like me who doesn't have anyone to share their experiences and where to start with breastfeeding etc, i do gain some confident. I can't say i will definitely have a smooth bf, but i think it's really good to learn and know.

Yes, you are right that reality will be different from theory. I am getting pretty forgetful now, but wrote a lot of notes during classes. Hopefully i will make full use of what i've learnt and not go through a tough bf process.

Actually since you had your #1 baby and went through bf, shouldn't you already have the experiences?

you can look for sister kang at mt A or cynthia pang at KKH. they do lactation consultations and you can call the hospital to book a slot. i saw them many times cos kept getting blocked ducts cos of oversupply

Look for Guat Choo at gleneagles hospital - 6470 5852
She is very experienced n detailed in her explanations. She will ask u to try to latch baby for her to see n she will guide u on the correct steps.

Agree with Ruth. Sister kang and her team are very good and encouraging. I managed to latch my son after seeing them 2-3 times... My son is now 18 months and still on full BM!

I'm currently ard 23 weeks pregnant and will deliver at Parkway East Hospital. Any recommendation of an experienced and good lactation consultant at Parkway East?

Hi Hoshi

Possible to give me the contact details for Sister Kang. I have some urgent matters to clarify with her.

You may want to consider Lactation Consultant Sun Rong of mount elizabeth orchard., but I don't think she does home services as she's the resident Lactation Consultant for mount elizabeth orchard. She managed to help my sis with her baby, and gave her valuable advise.

Back