KKH - Unreliable Appointment Timings & Docs are Pro-Termination Uncessarily

Agarosegel

Unreliable appointment timings. Not informed that I had to arrive 30mins earlier than my stipulated appt time for my scan. Doctors rush through with the check-ups... ... all of 5mins. They do not seem to have genuine care for the patients. Why? Because I opted for the subsidised scheme. Prices for tests and consultations have risen a whopping 15%-20% since 4yrs ago. Just a simple scan and consultation costs $110. The sonographers simply go through the motion. These professionals are not interested, as we patients are merely chickens seated on conveyor belts.

My baby was tested to have some abnormality. The first thing that the doc suggested was termination, instead of going though the options. What the hell, right. Anyway, I kept my baby.

Registration kiosks sometimes show - registration unsuccessful. Then have to go the the clinic’s front desk to register. As such, we are then not informed of the number of patients before us via sms. Unable to reach customer service personnel by phone. Only got a call back after 4 working days.

Into my 38th week of pregnancy, I requested for an ultrasound scan to check on the water level. The doctor was at first reluctant as he said that the scan appointments are usually packed (what the?!). Anyhow, luckily I insisted on my way as I discovered at my 39th week scan that my water level was running low. Mummies, be smart and do what your instincts tell you. Don’t let the ‘robots’ lead you by the nose.

Conclusion: if you have the means, opt for a private doctor, or go on the private scheme at KKH (money talks), or simply go to another govt hospital. Not worth the time at KKH. Steer clear.

The whole KKH system, or rather, this kind of govt hospital system is failing. A lot of tests are not claimable by Medisave nowadays.

Better don’t fall sick. Cos hospital bills are sky-high.

Better to just have 1 or 2 kids, cos of what I’ve Already stated above.

Unreliable appointment timings. Not informed that I had to arrive 30mins earlier than my stipulated appt time for my scan. Doctors rush through with the check-ups... ... all of 5mins. They do not seem to have genuine care for the patients. Why? Because I opted for the subsidised scheme. Prices for tests and consultations have risen a whopping 15%-20% since 4yrs ago. Just a simple scan and consultation costs $110. The sonographers simply go through the motion. These professionals are not interested, as we patients are merely chickens seated on conveyor belts.

My baby was tested to have some abnormality. The first thing that the doc suggested was termination, instead of going though the options. What the hell, right. Anyway, I kept my baby.

Registration kiosks sometimes show - registration unsuccessful. Then have to go the the clinic’s front desk to register. As such, we are then not informed of the number of patients before us via sms. Unable to reach customer service personnel by phone. Only got a call back after 4 working days.

Into my 38th week of pregnancy, I requested for an ultrasound scan to check on the water level. The doctor was at first reluctant as he said that the scan appointments are usually packed (what the?!). Anyhow, luckily I insisted on my way as I discovered at my 39th week scan that my water level was running low. Mummies, be smart and do what your instincts tell you. Don’t let the ‘robots’ lead you by the nose.

Conclusion: if you have the means, opt for a private doctor, or go on the private scheme at KKH (money talks), or simply go to another govt hospital. Not worth the time at KKH. Steer clear.

The whole KKH system, or rather, this kind of govt hospital system is failing. A lot of tests are not claimable by Medisave nowadays.

Better don’t fall sick. Cos hospital bills are sky-high.

Better to just have 1 or 2 kids, cos of what I’ve Already stated above.

Im under private rate so i stick to my gynae throughout and i had encounter good experience for all

Back