Jurong West Mums

Hi Everybodies,

I'm a Jurong West mummy also. R u ladies still looking for course for your babies or kids?
Recently I just sign my 8 mths old son at GUG.

hi superjay,

Have u attended the lesson, hw is the lesson like? Eg. what activities included? GUG is located quite far fr JW so i didnt sign up, im afraid by the time i reach there, bb is tired n abt to sleep, wait he make noise in the middle of the lesson n distrub other classmate, i will be die. Now my bb @ 12mth old, just finish his 1term @ bjg, plan to continue for the next term cos heard the teacher say next term, bb will be tested on the photographic memory n they must point out the different. Hope my boy can get the ans rite...

BJG quite expensive, going to try one more term n c hw well he benefit from the lesson, if not i going to redraw him out.

I oso duno hw well my bb is, cos compare to my friend's son who is 17days smaller than my son, my son able to do quite alot of thing that my frenz's son cant. eg. my boy can walk steadily now, can clap hand, shake n node head,wave byebye, follow simple instruction eg. put things back, point to my eye n nose when i ask him, press certain button on his toy eg. dog, cat, bird n door bell when i ask him to. But when i go to BJG, i see my son's develpment stardard is normal only, his classmate can even talk now, eg ah ma, flower n etc... I think it is not becos of BJG, that my son is learning so much, infact i think he is fast becos i keep teaching him things at hme, so sometime i wonder hw good is BJG.

Did u do research on courses around JW? Care to share? Im searching around too, cos BJG fee is too high, scare cant study long. I think phonic is very important nowsaday, so i oso searching for phonic school nowsaday. As my boy is super active type, see lot of thread say zoophonic is good for active bb cos it include lot of movement.

This coming monday im going kindermusik @ terrific @ turf city, heard it is not bad too. babies are teach to follow instruction like "stop" when asked. Babies is like that, monkey see monkey do, when he see other babies doing certain thing, he will like to follow.

I am still arranging for a trial in tumble tots @ Jurong east too, but no news from them. My boy is super active, need to find lot of stuff for him to occupy his time, or else he will cry n cry at home, pestering me to go out. Even when he is very tired, he moment he c our house lift when we headed home, he start to cry, dun1 go home. So... naughty!!!! If i find a gd one, i will drop him out from BJG, pocket getting tight as his fee keep increase when he move on to next term.

Joanne,
Thanks! dun know there are such places for babies. Very "suaku" even though i stay in JW for seven years, all i know is Jurong Pt.

Mummies in JW,

is there a list of mummies in JW? Wonder if you all used to have gatherings?

Hi Joanne,

Can u provide more details on BJG cos I was thinking to bring my son there as well.

GUG is not bad but too far from Jurong..

ok, thank you so much
happy.gif

Hi superjay,

My boy is finishing his 1st term in BJG, whether it is good, i cant tell much coz attend 1 term only. This is a long term trainning for right brain, u have to attend this type of lesson for ard 2 year then can see result n do homework at home. From what i see from their website, everything sound so wonderful, i oso hope my son can do metal calculation fast, photographic memory n etc... but this have to be a long long way to go. For my view is... If u have the $, can go for trial n see whether ur kid is suitable, if can go on the trainning for years, but that will cos lot n lot n $.... Fee is not the same for crawler, walker n etc... it will get more n more expensive when time goes by.

As for my boy, he have already know hw to walk @ ard 10mth, so he tend to walk/ crawl everywhere in the classroom, he will scream n cry when i restricted him to do anything but to sit dwn n concentrate on the flashcard. I have to go out of the classroom whenever he started to cry. He is not afraid of stranger, he is just bore in the small classroom.

Just when i am deciding whether to continue, i ask the teacher regarding my son behaviour, what she say make sense. My son have just know hw to walk, of cos he will try to walk ard in the classroom, as long as he did not cry or scream in the classroom, just let him. If he really cannot, teacher will say daddy, mummy pls help. So during today lesson, i did not chase after him anymore. I let him walk around n indeed it work! he did not cry today, infact he enjoying today n participle well today eg flashcard, music, shaking the egg shaker n etc, so now im still thinking whether to continue or stop.

Actually i did think if he is not suitable for the BJG, i plan to try out GUG, it seem to have very interesting lesson too, so monday there will be a trial going on for my son. Flashcard lesson is really boring for kids that is active, but the result after trainning keep me go on for all this while.

Most important thing is... Dun force ur kid with flashcard, if they r being force to concentrate on flashcard, the result will get opposite. Their right brain will shut down, meanning no matter hw good he being force to concentrate on the flashcard, their brian cant absore at all, wasted time n money. Once they rejected it, u just have to try it again later on or tommoro at home.

Haiz... Anyone have attend BJG for long term n manage to see gd result fr it do post their feedback here too.

Actually last week i did bring my son to tumble tots trial @ JE, the place is much more bigger, my active son is enjoying himself there bery much. he join the walking to 2yr old programme, every baby is oreadi going to turn 2, my boy is the smallest one @ 13mth only. he walk around the classroom when teacher is singing n dancing. Althught he is walking around the classroom but he is concentrating on the teacher when she talk, sing n dance too. So today i just let my son walk around at BJG, n everything turn out well. Of cos flashcard is not so enjoyable compare to tumble tots. But tumble is just for physical gym only. I feel money is wasted just to train bb on motor n physical skill. I can alway bring my son to my block playground n train myself. I just want him to enjoy/ social with many children as to prepare him for playground when he reach 18mth.

Superjay, hw big is ur bb? Just happen to see the post above n know that ur bb is at GUG? Hw the lesson, can share with me? do they have many actitivies to train bb 5 sense? i saw fr their website, it sound good too. U join the weekend or weekday classes? it is a 1.5hr lesson, i wonder can my son tahan for this long, cos BJG is only 1hr.

Hi joanne,

I have been waiting for your reply & glad tat u did so. Thanks for your feedback & btw, 2molo i bring my son down to BJG for the trial.

Well, so far attended 5 lesson with them now balance 3 lesson to go...
I attended weekend cse cos i'm a FTWM. The lesson is 1.5hr inclsive of 10min break for snack time.

The lesson mainly consist of music, zoo poh, art & craft, story telling, confidence builder and playing games.

I personally find tat the cse is not bad but if the babies is too young, they cun really handle the art & craft. For my case, my son is only 9 mths & he is the 2nd youngest in the class.

He luv music & playing games, whenever the time for music & games, i k really c tat he is enjoying however, when come to story telling & the zoo pho, he will wander about in the classroom. Then during the art & craft, instead of doin the art, he will put whatever he k grab into his mouth, make me so headache...

Same as u, i cun see the result now but i really like their zoo pho, they will use body sign (& animals)to teach the babies "ABC" in order to catch their attention.

I notice even thou my son is roaming around the class during tis session but his eyes do look at the teachers when they r flashing the zoo pho cards & doing the signs at the same time.

I dun know if i will to sign up for the 2nd terms cos the distance is abit far as i live in jurong. If 2molo the trial is good i will transfer my son to BJG. If not, i will sign up for the 2nd term at GUG.

Both GUG & BJG teaching method r different, after the trial 2molo then i let u know how i find the 2 cse ok?

hi superjay,

that what i discover too, althought kid wander around happily, but their ear n eye keep looking back to teacher when talking... 2moro i try the gug n come back to u, i will wait for ur reply hah.... what i like abt gug is cos they have zoophonic. Aft bb is 18nth i will put him in zoophonic in JW which is much much more cheaper, $150per mth only.

Hi Mummies,
I'm new to this thread...
appreciate if any mummies can share with me her views on Jurong Primary School ... how's the standard of the sch ???

hi superjay,

i didnt go for the trial. Cos i just recieved call fr my ex boss, asking me to go back work, help him in new branch. I been staying at home lukin aft my son since i am pregnant, it is really bore staying at home, so i decide to go back to work. If i will be working, i cant let my son attend GUG, it is too far, so i think i continue with BJG loh.

Hi mummies,

I'm staying in JW also. My child had been with Zoo phonics since 4yrs. Chose this cos he's with GUG previously. Since he's in P1 now, upgrade to their subsidary co. called Creative.

Alicia, Jurong Primary is quite good. can be consider 2nd or 3rd after Rulang.

Hello all JW mummies!

I'm staying in JW st 61. My bb alrdy 3mth+. I've started to bring my bb out for evening stroll ard my neighbourhood every wkend b4 dinner time.

Was just thinking if any mummies wif young bb wld b keen to gather in this neighbourhood say every wkend or even once a mth 4 some chit chats & sharing. I feel this will also b gd for our bb to mingle ard wif ppl other than our own family members.
happy.gif

Awaiting feedback.
happy.gif

hi hi! Me jurong mommy too!
happy.gif

Joanne
interested in GUG too. but heard the course is exp.

1st time heard of BJG. how is it like? what does baby do over there? hows the charges like?

also dun know theres creative too. where ah>?

Hello Cheezel,

I didnt go for the trial at GUG, find it too far for me to travel with bb, very lazy... hehe... But heard that it is quite fun during the lesson.

BJG is a brain development school for bb, mostly on flashcard. Something like glenn doman teaching style. If u interested u see their website. http://www.bjg.com.sg/ click the "about" to know it all. Normally classes are not so fun or interesting like GUG, it is more or less like training the brain thru flashcard n some programme, got music n movement oso.

The whole lesson is like:
Hello song with flashcard, stories telling thru flashcard and picture, trainning memory thru 2 picture or some actitivies to train motor skill, music and movement, gym for 15min.

Hw old is ur bb now?

Joanne

how much u pay for bjg class? once a week?

my bb 13 months now. me going to bring him to course after i give birth to #2

hi Jurong Mummies,

Can I join your thread? I stay in Jurong West St 65. My boy is turning 15 month. Now looking for playgroup or weekend class for him to play. Also looking for childcare that I may put him in when he turns 2 years old. Any one know of good childcare in Jurong West area or Taman Jurong( near my mum's house).

Thanks in advance.

Blumarine

Hey guys...

me newbies here hehe yeah JW is great... i live at st 62... just gt preg recently so guys...lend me yr listening ears okie...hehe...

hi jw mummies

happy to stumble onto this thread. me turned SAHM just b4 giving birth to #2 end jan 08. staying at st 61. any SAHM around keen to bring kids for walks to stretch legs and interact?

hi aryanti and liyun, happy to "know" you guys. how abt next week aryanti? my girl's attending playgroup daily from 9.15 till 11.15. meet for awhile around this time? PM me.

pigmit

seems like our kids abt same age. meet up too? =)

blumarine

my girl's attending talent plus playgroup. can check out their website. I like the structure she's been attending since 26 mth o. can send there when hit 18 mths. =)

Hi all, I am new here, a Jurong West mum as well, staying at Ave 1. My boy is 16 months and I am looking for an informal playgroup for him. He gets so restless at home and always wants to go out but other than the void deck and the market, I really run out of ideas where to bring him as I do not have a maid nor a transportation and it is challenging bringing him far. Please let me know if there is a meetup near home. Thanks!
happy.gif

Back