Jurong mummy(ies) / mummy(ies) to be

Hippopolai - sorry haven been too active. Tks for ur advice on pd. I went baby and child clinic at bt batok instead. Find pd not bad n charges v reasonable. No need to fix appt n waiting time abt 20mins only.

Hi, I am staying at JW St 41.

My son is 10mths old (Jul 10 baby).

Great to see so many Jurong mommies here.

RE Breastfeeding....I am still bf my 10mths boy. In fact, I didn't latch on for the 1st mth as my boy don't like to latch. He prefer bottle feed. So I got no choice but to give him ebm. Luckily I got a nice confinement lady who will warm up my ebm every feed for my son. This way, I got plenty of time to rest after delivery which is the key to improving ss for bm. What I mainly do during the 1 mth confinement period is eat, pump, sleep, eat, pump, sleep.... My son only learn to latch on after my CL left. After a few "forceful" tries, he is used to my nipple. For those mommies with short nipples or sore nipples, you may want to use the nipple shield during latch on. This way, your nipples won't be sore and it will add on "length" which makes it easier for your baby to suck.

Hope my tips will help mommies on bf. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jurong mummies,

Anyone giving your Bb friso gold 1? I found a mum who have contacts w local supplier but she prefer to deal min 6tins per transaction. Price cfm cheaper than retail shops. But I don't want to overstock. Hoping if anyone wants we can join orders?

Note: I am not earning a single cent. Just hope to meet min order qty. It's win-win situation! Long term savings.

Pm me if you interested ya [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

won_mummy,

im giving my girl Friso 3, if not can share with u.. any idea if she mind mixing Friso 3 with Friso 1? can PM me the price for her Friso 3? if can then i can share with u [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

WEST SIDE MOMMIES ON FACEBOOK

anyone on FB?? we can add each other on FB [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

my email is [email protected] [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi all,

I am a west side mummy too.. Any suggestion that should I pump out and use bottle to fees my son, or should I directly feed him?

As for the first few days, I let my boy latch on, but end up with sore nipple, since then I did not let him latch on anymore.. I pump out and use bottle to feed him.

Any suggestion which is better??

Hi bbbliss, what a coincidence. That happened with my 1st boy too. My milk flow came much later and during the 1st mth, I had a hard time getting him latched on.

Hi Jess, I was advised by my lactation consultant to directly feed where possible as that'll boost milk supply.You may wish to pump while your sore nipples are healing but after that resolved, may try latching him again. Actually, I find that pumping and feeding is no easy feat either b/c of all the washing and time needed to pump. But cont pumping may see milk supply dwindling. Hope tis useful [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Pazzio

From reading your post, I know you must be wonderful mother to do so much for your baby. Like you, I tried everything to boost my bm, from papaya soup to fenugreek (6 tablets each dose until I had diarrhea) and regular pumping, sometimes waking up in the wee of nites to pump etc until my son latched directly. My bm didn't come in until day 7 and for the first week, my parents in law would constantly asked "still no bm coming in?" which made me very depressed. So my baby had to be supplemented with formula milk from day 1 until the 6th mth when I finally stopped bf. In looking back, bf-ing was quite stressful for me but I had no regrets - I've already done my best and glad to say, while my boy was not on full bm, his immunity is also quite good (he's 1.5 yo now). I can see that you've already done a lot, maybe try resting/sleeping more b/c having a relaxed mind will also increase bm. So jiayou!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Joan,

Thanks for your encouragement. I'm still trying to breastfeed him 1-3times a day and increase pumping frequencies too, though I don't wake up and pump in middle of the night. Quantity hasn't increase drastically, though there's slight increase after each pump but still have to supplement with formula milk.

Like you, I will still continue to pump and see the situation when I return to work mid July. Like what my gyne said, if I still have breastmilk, then continue to let baby latch and pump; if I don't have much milk, then don't force myself. So, I will keep trying (despite the little quantity) and go with the flow.

Good work, Pazzio! Jiayou! Your baby will thank you for all the hard work. bf-ing is very tiring biz n I get hungry easily. But upside, lose weight faster too. Haha!

I kare is fully booked [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

anyone had realiable CL to recommend? My edd is in Early sept but likely to c sect baby out in late aug.

hihi...I am new here too...staying at JW st 61, now abt 24 weeks.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] this is my first pregnancy, a bit excited + worry.. anyway, nice to meet u all here...

Wow...twins ah...congrats to you BeiBei[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

When's your EDD? 11/11/11 will be nice...haha

Hi BabyBunnie

Thanks. Hopefully can on 1111 but being advice to hold until to 37 or 38 wk.

Also congrat to u & is yr baby boy or girl?

Thanks...BeiBei.

Am expecting a girl...EDD is 7/7/11...

Friends & colleagues say most likely will deliver early, but I keep talking to her to tell her to wait...hopefully she listens well...haha

Hello BabyBunnie > my EDD also in Jul.. Heehee.. people around me also tell me will deliver early but I still hope baby will wait.

Any one has lobang for Massage Lady??

LoL.. approximately one more month till D-day. have u been feeling tired and breathless??

Babybunnie - all prepared already? Wats dr tho's advice? U on mc or ml to rest le Mah? jiayou jiayou k? I gave birth at wk37+ cos got spotting n contraction happens on that night. So long as u hit 37wks it's consider full term le.

Hi won_mummy...great to see to back to this thread again. How are you lately?

Thanks for your valuable info...finally got all the BB's basic necessities ready.

Will check with Dr Tho when I should start to rest when I visit him in the afternoon.

For your case, how long did it take you to deliver your BB?

Hi, I am new here. I just gave birth in January - a first time mom who panics and overwhelm by many things regarding bb =X - and who is putting her child in IFC. Currently I am staying at JW st 65

Hi babybunnie - good to hear that. Yes, better to b prepared now. No harm anyway so that u can stay relaxed and excitedly wait for your D-day!

Hmm for me, I had spotting on e wed morning, went to c dr tho but only 1.5cm dilated. He gave me 1 day mc n say if no contraction, I shd go bk to work next day! A bit stunt w his advice. But think back, mayb he want me to walk more to speed up e dilating.

Mild contraction pain only came on wed evening. When hit 10mins int then I got ready to admit hospital. But b4 going, I crave for kfc.... Lol... Shared a meal w hb le then admit, ard 11+pm.... Nurse check, still 1.5cm.

Real pain came ard 2am? N I deliver at 6am [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] v happy w my bb's performance... Hehe din let mummy suffer too long. So no epi used.

Wow...no epi needed ah! You are indeed a strong mummy. Will pray hard to have a smooth delivery like you[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Babybunnie - start talking to ur Bb... No harm trying. I been talking to her near delivery, say don't let mummy suffer, must gd gal, etc etc.... N that wed aft visit dr tho n he say not yet, went home to c Chinese calendar not gd day. So I talk to her whole day.... Bb don't come out today. Come out aft 12mn ok? Tmr is better day. Mummy don't want to go wk. Wanna c u out tmr.... Etc etc.... Haha... Sounds crazy but it really turn out wat I wish. Mayb they really can listen n understand?

Oh, n when waiting for dilating n when it gets real pain, I start telling her, Bb come out now... Mummy pain pain le. Don't make daddy worry.... Hahahaha

Hi Mummies,

I'm starting a series of cooking classes, starting with Mediterranean Theme:

4 Sessions (1-1.5hrs per session per week)

1) Beef Goulash

2) Chicken & Mushroom Risotto

3) Meat Sauce Potatoe Lasagne

4) Linguine Marinara (with Seafood)

Min 4, Max 6 participants per class.

$120/= for all 4 sessions.

Full instructions and receipe cards will be provided.

Full demo on preparation and cooking will be done during the session with sampling at the end of the session.

Useful marketing, prepartion and cooking techniques will be shared during the sessions.

Wanna be a capable mummy and wife even in the kitchen? Join me for the fun sessions.

Will start with min 4 participants sign up.

2 different sessions:

1) Fridays 6.30p.m.

2) Sundays 3.30p.m.

If you're keen, email me at [email protected] with your name, contact number and the session that you're keen in.

Cheers,

Gwen.

Hi. I'm a 1st time mummy, EDD 11/11/11. Can i check with mummies who's gynae is Dr Tho at Mt A, what's the full name of Dr Tho? Is he good? How's his stitching skills? I've heard many horror stories of doctors with bad stitching skills, end up the mummy suffers very badly..

To (won_mummy): How much did you spend on your delivery in total? Any opnion on Dr Tho? Dr Tho has a clinic in Jurong West? And is there any package for the ckeckups?

Hi, I'm also a Jurong East mummy. I delivered to a baby boy in Nov 2010. I realised that many mummies here praise Dr Toh of London Clinic. However, I beg to differ to would like to share my experience, just for your reference.

In my 3rd month of pregnancy, I developed chicken pox. It is considered abit dangerous to have chicken pox during pregnancy as there is a higher risk of having baby with abnormalities. When I consulted Dr Toh, he explained this higher risk to me and then asked me if I wanted to terminate my pregnancy. As I first time mommy, this really shocked me, especially because in the same visit, he did a scan for me and told me the baby already has a heartbeat. I was truly devastated and couldn't stop crying.

My husband suggested I go for a 2nd opinion before deciding whether to terminate the pregnancy. Hence I was referred to Dr Seetoh at Gleneagles by my GP. Dr Seetoh explained to me that the risk is only 2% higher than what normal moms would face and I should monitor as I went along and should not termniate my pregnancy. He also explained that abortions come with risk and I could end up being unable to conceive in future.

Luckily I took his advice and today, Hayden is a healthy and happy baby (keeping my fingers crossed). My pregnancy was generally fine except of occasional nausea due to morning sickness, which came back during my 3rd trimester. Generally, Dr Seetoh was also friendlier and more concerned about my wellbeing as compared to Dr Toh. (This is based on first and subsequent impressions of both doctors)

Had I listened to Dr Toh of London Clinic, I wouldn't have my precious baby today. Hence to any new mummies who might be facing a similar situation, please do not rush to abort the baby! Get a 2nd opinion!

Hi Vivien,

Great that you have seek for a second opinion. It is true that some doctors wanted to close case fast and will suggest to end the pregnancy early. That is why we have to be more prudent when comes to choosing the right and good doctor.

Cheers!

Patricia - Dr Tho's clinic is at jurong east. We can op to deliver at TMC or Mt A. Yes got pkg. last yr when I had my pkg for checkup, i think its abt $700. Not sure if got increase or not.

As for stitching, i cant compare cos 1st birth. but, not v painful when he doing e stitch, n i dont feel anymore pain after 1wk of my natural delivery.

Abt Dr Tho, i feel he is a man of few words kind. u ask question then he will ans. Think he also not v old thinking ppl. ie i ask abt can drink birds nest, all e old myth qns, mostly he will say no need to follow kind.except no ginseng, etc (forget wat le)...so i had an easy n carefree preg.

Mt A charges wise, not too sure leh. cos my hb settle everything. till today i din see e invoice. I stayed 3D2N, 2 bedded. only know that after medisave deduct, need to top up $300+ cash. $200+ is my cost, $100+ is bb's cost.

Vivien - glad that you seek 2nd opinion. If I m you, i will do the same too. I guess diff doc got diff style/thinking/practice ba. ie some gynae prefers c-ser, some will prefer natural if possible.

I would say, choosing gynae is all abt our comfy level/feel ba. Some feels certain gynae more friendly, but some might find e friendly de too loh soh. For my selection is cos my friends recommend me, n e clinic is near my house. Dr Tho's clinic has all e machines needed. 2D,3D, e hear heartbeat de. So I only go Mt A once which is during my D-day. Find him very experienced. I would say I am a satisfied 'customer'. Will find him again when I have my no. 2 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Mummies! Here to join you all here as well:)

My baby was born on 14 Jan 2011, but though I don't stay at Jurong(I live in Bt Panjang), my girl is taken care of by my MIL who lives at Jurong West St 81 and I send her there everyday.

Nice to meet you all!

Hi Angeline~ Im at St 64, near the Chinese temple as well!

End Aug/Early Sep'11 Mtb.. now im worried if the airplane flying pass everyday will be okay for my baby.

Hi Flowerie123,

Whenever you hear the plane fly, make sure you check on your baby to make sure he is not scared. To further make sure, I will advise you to buy a beanbag to be place on your chest of the baby when he sleep. This will prevent him from jerking up when he is scared. I did that to my boy last year

Hi Angeline~

thanks for ur advice! yup have bought e beanbag already. Hope it works! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hey mummy,

i hv a 20mth old naughty boy! stay @ jurong west.

dont give up on breast feeding!

i fully BF my boy till 18mths cos he dun want anymore..guess shy la

won_mummy ~ How are you lately? I've given birth already...BB turning 1 month old this week.

Noel ~ Like to know how to increase our milk supply...coz each time I managed to pump out about 80-120ml only.

hmm, for the first 3mths, i latch everytime my bb wants to drink (despite nagging from MIL that bb is not full, insist to supplement with FM, but i REJECT!!)

after each latch, i will pump for another 20-30min to let the body to provide more milk.

my supply was stable after 4mth and my fridge is full of ebm but since bb is latching so milk bath for bb!

i still continue to pump abt 4x a day till my boy is 9mth old..then subsquently, lesser pump and finally after his 1st birthday, i retired the pump and let my boy latch only..

i think my boy shy lor, after we came back from taipei in may, he dont want to latch le..

and nw, he's on FM..

im kinda sad as my boy reject me breast initially..but well, bo bian lor...

so far, my boy's health is good, i think BF plays a part..

imptly, drink more fluid..

usually, i will drink a cup of warm drink before bb latch..it helps...try it.

hello all mummies and mtb

flowerie123 - i think i m even nearer to e aeroplane...see n hear them everyday flying above my flat. jw st 42, next to huayi sec sch....i close e window in e day to minimise e noise when they fly continuous (somedays)...if those once in e while de i keep windows open n check on her whenever its loud...yes, beanbag on their chest..or if you can train bb to sleep face down.

babybunnie - congrats!! wow...so fast hor..how was ur delivery? natural? how long was your contraction? dr tho good?

to increase milk supply, try let bb latch more. n after latching, go for 5-10mins pump each side if u have time...ur body will tell ur breast u need to produce more milk..slowly ur milk supply will increase. n impt to try keep to your time, ie 3hrly till u see u get e amt u want le n stable le then u can drag ur hrs till, eg 4hrly...etc...jiayou jiayou!!

Noel ~ Thanks for sharing[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

won_mummy ~ Thanks for your encouragement[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mine was an elective C-section due to breech baby.

Oh yes...Dr Tho is really good!

Back