June 2018 Mummies and Babies!

Hi. Would like to be added to the WhatsApp group as well. Just had a scan last week and I should be 7weeks pregnant. Not sure about my ADD yet but I'm guessing should be around late June 2018.

Hi everyone, I'm 30 and a first time mummie. i'm currently seeing Dr Poon at Hougang. He is extremely patient and answers our questions patiently. :) During my first ultrasound scan pic says my EDD is 17 June but second scan it states EDD is 20 June. My baby's heartbeat was found on 2nd scan, Dr Poon said congrats. Is this common that the EDD date is different and always changing by a few days? My husband and I are totally inexperienced and unprepared for this and the pregnancy was unplanned. In fact, we both used to do extreme sports and it is really sad that I have to part with what I love to do for this. Was crying almost everyday during the first 2 weeks when I realised. I also knew a few friends who were trying so hard for a baby and I felt like very unworthy and tt I didn't deserve this. With the support of my loved ones, I am now beginning to be more positive and love my darling baby more and more and looking forward to my Gynae appts... Oh ya.. My gag reflex is quite jialat..

Hey babe!! Same edd and considering to switch to dr Poon too!!! Pm me! We go a June edd Wadsapp group and mummies inside are very supportive!

Hi everyone, I'm 30 and a first time mummie. i'm currently seeing Dr Poon at Hougang. He is extremely patient and answers our questions patiently. :) During my first ultrasound scan pic says my EDD is 17 June but second scan it states EDD is 20 June. My baby's heartbeat was found on 2nd scan, Dr Poon said congrats. Is this common that the EDD date is different and always changing by a few days? My husband and I are totally inexperienced and unprepared for this and the pregnancy was unplanned. In fact, we both used to do extreme sports and it is really sad that I have to part with what I love to do for this. Was crying almost everyday during the first 2 weeks when I realised. I also knew a few friends who were trying so hard for a baby and I felt like very unworthy and tt I didn't deserve this. With the support of my loved ones, I am now beginning to be more positive and love my darling baby more and more and looking forward to my Gynae appts... Oh ya.. My gag reflex is quite jialat..
my fruend also introduce me to dr poon so my 2nd appt will try out dr poon to see the comfortable level. heard the q need to wait an hr or more and the cost on weekend and evening will be slightly higher?

my fruend also introduce me to dr poon so my 2nd appt will try out dr poon to see the comfortable level. heard the q need to wait an hr or more and the cost on weekend and evening will be slightly higher?

hi! good morning. :)
if you like that walk in, u will need to queue for 1+ h. it happened to me 2 years ago when i saw dr poon as a walk in patient due to an ovarian cyst growth removal. im not too sure abt the difference of prices for weekend and evening, but i alws go on weekday evening after work.
remember to set ur appointment by giving them a call 6858 1233. if u set appt, waiting time is about 10-15 mins. v fast.

hi hi, i am seeing Dr Poon too. my Edd is 15 June. Congrats to everyone here. I have TCC for a year, got married on June 2016. Finally get a BFP this Oct! Aside from the excitement, my morning sickness is pretty bad. tummy bloated. dont have an appetite for most of the foods.

Hi all, I just done my scan today (6w5d). So touched to hear my baby heart beat. But doctor said the heart beat is slightly slow at 115, ideal should be 140. This caught me worry. Have anyone done it’s first scan? Can share here?
I did my first scan at 6 weeks and baby’s heartbeat was 95bpm gynae said it’s normal and will slowly increase as it grows.

hello all!
have any body start apply oil on tummy? i seen the bio oil written only start after trimester 2.

Salty dreams, does Dr Poon give u MC for the pre-natal checkup? Went for my first visit today and was told no MC is given unless mummy is sick.

Salty dreams, does Dr Poon give u MC for the pre-natal checkup? Went for my first visit today and was told no MC is given unless mummy is sick.

no, i dont take mc from dr poon for any of my visits.. i only go for gynae consultation after work.. hmm makes him an ethical doctor ba, i guess.. cos i have a friend who is a dentist also told me that its like part of their ethics tt they cannot suka suka give mc to ppl who go for normal dental appts like teeth cleaning all that.. only if customers in pain or got toothache..

no, i dont take mc from dr poon for any of my visits.. i only go for gynae consultation after work.. hmm makes him an ethical doctor ba, i guess.. cos i have a friend who is a dentist also told me that its like part of their ethics tt they cannot suka suka give mc to ppl who go for normal dental appts like teeth cleaning all that.. only if customers in pain or got toothache..
Thanks for ur sharing. This was a rude shock for me though coz when I had my no. 1, I went to 3 different gynae before selecting the gynae of my choice and all 3 gave me MC.

My final gynae is considered strict coz he's the type that does not give hospitalization leave. Even though I had periodic contractions and had to take 12 medicine to control it, he still didn't give me HL. But my colleagues' gynae gave her HL just for flu. N another colleague's gynae gave her HL to stay at home.

Even for normal health checkup, one will be given medical chit to take time off but this clinic doesn't give anything. Furthermore the charges are not exactly cheap.

I guess I'll have to look for another gynae. Does anyone have good gynae to recommend in Sengkang/ Punggol area?

Last edited:
Hi can add me in the June edd what app group .... i has a miscarriage in June 2017 and now about 6 week so edd should be end June or early July . Will be going for heartbeat scan next week . Please pm
Me

Hi, it's pretty common for EDD to change at this early stage cos fetus is still very small. In fact one week diff is consider normal.

Btw, we've a June WhatsApp grp. You can pm me if you wish to join the grp so that we can support each other along this journey.
Hi! I would like to join too! My contact number is 93838801

Dear Mummies

My EDD is 4 June and going for my Oscar test on 21st Nov.

Please kindly add me to the what's app group.
My number is 9029 9327.
Thank you!;)

Hello all ! i just found out about this forum page for June 2018 mummies ! nice to meet all !
Currently i am seeing Dr Chua Yang from Mt A. I really liked her, but strangely i do not see much reviews on her on any forums etc.

Anyways, congrats to all mommies!

Yeah, its an exciting journey for us. this is my first time pregnant, it has been a long journey for me. let's share if you girls have any symptoms during this first few weeks of pregnancy, any food that we should take more or less...
Hi!
This is my first pregnancy too.. am 11 weeks Soon .. too much nausea and feeling giddiness at all times.. like too much saliva and mucus.. dono what to do about it..

Hi!
This is my first pregnancy too.. am 11 weeks Soon .. too much nausea and feeling giddiness at all times.. like too much saliva and mucus.. dono what to do about it..

I'm feeling pretty much the same as you since 7w. Almost 11w now and still nauseous, dizzy, burping and reflux (but no vomiting). Basically everyday is like a hangover day. I've tried ginger tea and peppermint which helped many others, but didn't work for me. Almond nuts works magic for me. Just popping 2-3 reduces my burping and reflex issue. Raisins, honey lemon (something like sour plum) and oats cookies are also part of my regular ammunition to fight my nausea.

I wonder if I can go for a short trip during Christmas, or still having hangover :p

I'm feeling pretty much the same as you since 7w. Almost 11w now and still nauseous, dizzy, burping and reflux (but no vomiting). Basically everyday is like a hangover day. I've tried ginger tea and peppermint which helped many others, but didn't work for me. Almond nuts works magic for me. Just popping 2-3 reduces my burping and reflex issue. Raisins, honey lemon (something like sour plum) and oats cookies are also part of my regular ammunition to fight my nausea.

I wonder if I can go for a short trip during Christmas, or still having hangover :p
Hi ,
Thanks for sharing .. Nuts seems not working for me too as it’s too difficult to digest. Bloating and burping everyday.. sounded like a frog! LOL..

I am not very sure about traveling , as I vomit a lot.. may not suitable for myself .

But maybe u will be okay as ur not vomiting like me..

I feel like bed bound!
Gosh!

Hi guys, any room in the watsapp group? My edd is beginning of June :) please add me is possible - 91502121 thanks!

My frien taken some supplements before preg n during preg, she don have morning sickness at all and her baby no jaundice :eek::eek:

I should have know that 4yrs ago as my son’s jaundice quite bad and last for a month :confused:

Hi all. I’m currently in the middle of my week 11. Yesterday I had a huge scare. I had lots and lots of bleeding. The kind that can soak one pad in an hour. I thought my baby is gone again.
Quickly went down to my gynae clinic. Thankfully, it’s still alive and kicking. The bleeding was due to a burst blood vessel in my cervix. And the blood clot is quite big and can be seen in the ultrasound. Not sure why it burst.
Sorry to share this gory news with you all. But I just want to let those mummies-to-be who experience something like this to know that whatever happens, please continue to have faith in your baby and you. Continue to hold positive thoughts and good things will come your way.
Good luck to all of us!

Hi all. I’m currently in the middle of my week 11. Yesterday I had a huge scare. I had lots and lots of bleeding. The kind that can soak one pad in an hour. I thought my baby is gone again.
Quickly went down to my gynae clinic. Thankfully, it’s still alive and kicking. The bleeding was due to a burst blood vessel in my cervix. And the blood clot is quite big and can be seen in the ultrasound. Not sure why it burst.
Sorry to share this gory news with you all. But I just want to let those mummies-to-be who experience something like this to know that whatever happens, please continue to have faith in your baby and you. Continue to hold positive thoughts and good things will come your way.
Good luck to all of us!
Am glad to hear that u and ur baby are doing well now! Gave me a shocked when I started to read your sharing!

Hi, it's pretty common for EDD to change at this early stage cos fetus is still very small. In fact one week diff is consider normal.

Btw, we've a June WhatsApp grp. You can pm me if you wish to join the grp so that we can support each other along this journey.
I wish to join the whatsapp group.. can u pls add me??

Hi everyone,
Has anyone gone for the trimester 1 screening for abnormalities?
I was offered 2 options
1) Screening for Chromosomal Abnormalities: $200, results in 1 day, 90% accurate, test for extra chromosome 21, 13 and 18.
2) NIPT: $800, results in 2 weeks, 99% accurate, test for extra chromosome 21, 13 and 18 and many other abnormalities.

I'm undecided which to choose. Thought to choose oscar, but waiting 2 weeks means we get the results around Christmas... quite unnerving.

What did you choose if you have gone for the test already?

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
Has anyone gone for the trimester 1 screening for abnormalities?
I was offered 2 options
1) Screening for Chromosomal Abnormalities: $200, results in 1 day, 90% accurate, test for extra chromosome 21, 13 and 18.
2) NIPT: $800, results in 2 weeks, 99% accurate, test for extra chromosome 21, 13 and 18 and many other abnormalities.

I'm undecided which to choose. Thought to choose oscar, but waiting 2 weeks means we get the results around Christmas... quite unnerving.

What did you choose if you have gone for the test already?

Hi, just to check where will u be doing the test? The price offered to you is a lot cheaper than the price I've been quoted.

NIPT + antenatal blood test $1900
Oscar + antenatal blood test $700

hello! edd is 24th June for me! :)

any female gynae recommendation in KKH Private? currently am under subsidised but looking to change to have a permanent gynae instead. TIA!

Hi all..anyone developed rashes in 2nd trImester? I’m in my 13 week now...bad bad rashes on legs and spent $200 seeing dermatologist.

And I alrdy gained 4 kg since week 5..anyone else with such rapid weight gain? Jialat...

Hi all..anyone developed rashes in 2nd trImester? I’m in my 13 week now...bad bad rashes on legs and spent $200 seeing dermatologist.

And I alrdy gained 4 kg since week 5..anyone else with such rapid weight gain? Jialat...
Oh my.. haha we have exactly the same cases here!! I had the rashes too and spent about 280 on dermatologist, and gained 4kg so far!!

Reactions: cen

Back