Jan 2018 Mummies to be

Congrats :) how old is your baby no. 1? I am quite nervous and scare of the blood tests and delivery....haven had my 1st scan too.

She is turning 1 year old next month! :p Me too! I booked my first scan early next month at TMC. Read the threads, am worried that my doctor will be on holiday in case i deliver early. T_____T

Have you booked your appt?

She is turning 1 year old next month! :p Me too! I booked my first scan early next month at TMC. Read the threads, am worried that my doctor will be on holiday in case i deliver early. T_____T

Have you booked your appt?
No. I have not book any. Not sure if i shall just go random gynae at neighbourhood first then book those package from hospital.

Tmc package starts from how many weeks ?

No. I have not book any. Not sure if i shall just go random gynae at neighbourhood first then book those package from hospital.

Tmc package starts from how many weeks ?

I think the package depends on diff gynae.. If im not wrong, my gynae(WK Tan) package starts from week 16 or week 20.. Need to check.

Hi! My EDD is Early Jan! Just went for first scan yesterday :) around 6 weeks, to go back in two weeks time for dating scan. It's my first pregnancy.

Hi! My EDD is Early Jan! Just went for first scan yesterday :) around 6 weeks, to go back in two weeks time for dating scan. It's my first pregnancy.
Hi canicie . Same here. 1st pregnancy. What is dating scan? I only went to GP to confirm pregnancy have not book for scan. Thinking of early june. Anyway how is the 6 weeks scan look like?

Hi canicie . Same here. 1st pregnancy. What is dating scan? I only went to GP to confirm pregnancy have not book for scan. Thinking of early june. Anyway how is the 6 weeks scan look like?

Hi Jaces, the 6 weeks scan we saw a small sac thingy, the doc checked if there's multiple pregnancy then checked that it's in the right place. I found that quite reassuring. Then during the scan he said there is heart beat, which he sees from a small dot flickering. I was too nervous to really see what he sees but my husband said he saw it too. Doc said it's still very small, so asked to come back two weeks later for the dating scan.

This dating scan is done at the lab (I'm seeing at KKH) while the one I had was in the doctors office. Not sure what the difference is, my guess is the lab machine might be a more accurate one?

Do you know how many weeks you are now? You can consider going for your first scan in week 7 or 8, then you will get a EDD from it.

Hi Jaces, the 6 weeks scan we saw a small sac thingy, the doc checked if there's multiple pregnancy then checked that it's in the right place. I found that quite reassuring. Then during the scan he said there is heart beat, which he sees from a small dot flickering. I was too nervous to really see what he sees but my husband said he saw it too. Doc said it's still very small, so asked to come back two weeks later for the dating scan.

This dating scan is done at the lab (I'm seeing at KKH) while the one I had was in the doctors office. Not sure what the difference is, my guess is the lab machine might be a more accurate one?

Do you know how many weeks you are now? You can consider going for your first scan in week 7 or 8, then you will get a EDD from it.
According to urine test from GP is 6 weeks now. I am thinking of kkh too. I m afraid of needles :( do u straight took blood test during ur 1st scan at kkh? Which doctor are u seeing?

According to urine test from GP is 6 weeks now. I am thinking of kkh too. I m afraid of needles :( do u straight took blood test during ur 1st scan at kkh? Which doctor are u seeing?

I didn't do because two months ago I already did a full blood test for conception. So doc say no need do again. But when I registered that was the first thing the nurse told me have to do :/

Don't worry about the needle, just don't see, relax, very fast they are done. I'm seeing dr tan Kai liat.

I didn't do because two months ago I already did a full blood test for conception. So doc say no need do again. But when I registered that was the first thing the nurse told me have to do :/

Don't worry about the needle, just don't see, relax, very fast they are done. I'm seeing dr tan Kai liat.

I guess i cant avoid the blood test :(
Do you mean you have confirmed your pregnancy straight at kkh that time? That why your blood was alr drawn that time?

I guess i cant avoid the blood test :(
Do you mean you have confirmed your pregnancy straight at kkh that time? That why your blood was alr drawn that time?

Eh ya, I took many home pregnancy test to confirm my pregnancy. At KKH they didn't need to confirm it by blood test, they just took it that you say you're pregnant. After all at that stage the doc can already see through the scan what's inside.

The blood test I mention they wanted me to take at first was the routine pregnancy blood test that checks for hep B, HIV, etc. those things that may be passed on to your baby.

Eh ya, I took many home pregnancy test to confirm my pregnancy. At KKH they didn't need to confirm it by blood test, they just took it that you say you're pregnant. After all at that stage the doc can already see through the scan what's inside.

The blood test I mention they wanted me to take at first was the routine pregnancy blood test that checks for hep B, HIV, etc. those things that may be passed on to your baby.

Thanks for the information canicie. Did they they u they will use it to test if there is any down sydrome too? If not you will have to have blood test again. Mayb i can ask them to use the same blood test to test for both things? Do u have idea for this?

Anyway... i think we are around the aame Edd. Will let u know when my Edd is out. :)

01b94efdc6724909457ca4b14b3200c7.jpg

I think I might be a jan 2018 mummy too. Just book a slot with dr Natalie Chua this coming Monday.... everything is so surreal...

Thanks for the information canicie. Did they they u they will use it to test if there is any down sydrome too? If not you will have to have blood test again. Mayb i can ask them to use the same blood test to test for both things? Do u have idea for this?

Anyway... i think we are around the aame Edd. Will let u know when my Edd is out. :)

I think Down syndrome test is at 12 weeks, so probably can't combine the
Blood test. Don't worry so much about the needles, just don't look and trust the nurses :)

Let me know how it goes! All the best!

I think I might be a jan 2018 mummy too. Just book a slot with dr Natalie Chua this coming Monday.... everything is so surreal...

All the best! I went to dr Nathalie for my preconception check, she's very nice! Will you deliver at parkway east then? I wanted to do so before, but decided to try out KKH so I went there for my first scan. Still undecided which gynee and hospital to go for.

All the best! I went to dr Nathalie for my preconception check, she's very nice! Will you deliver at parkway east then? I wanted to do so before, but decided to try out KKH so I went there for my first scan. Still undecided which gynee and hospital to go for.

I have yet to decide which hospital too. There's not much reviews on parkway east except for limited parking lots how's kkh so far?

I just tested Positive going for my week 5 scan next week. Called the clinic to ask, Nurse mention better to go early since is first pregnancy to see if it sets in correctly. Dr Henry Cheng at Bishan, I went to him for fertility.

Booked another appt with dr tho at Jurong east which is nearer to my place. Booked a week 7 appt to see the heartbeat. Both gynaes have good reviews, will compare the package and Gynae before taking package.

Congrats to everyone!!! I'm a first time mummy too!!

Hi everyone! Congrats to all.. First time mom here too! :) Guessing that my EDD is around mid Jan 2018..

Went to see Dr. Natalie Chua at Parkway East this morning for my first visit and nothing was seen on the scan yet.. most likely too early as I'm only at 4weeks+ now. Booked an appt so promptly after my positive pregnancy result as I have been spotting on and off the past week... did a blood test and vaginal swab test, will only know the results next week. She also prescribed folic acid and hormone supplements. Hoping everything is a-ok!

I just tested Positive going for my week 5 scan next week. Called the clinic to ask, Nurse mention better to go early since is first pregnancy to see if it sets in correctly. Dr Henry Cheng at Bishan, I went to him for fertility.

Booked another appt with dr tho at Jurong east which is nearer to my place. Booked a week 7 appt to see the heartbeat. Both gynaes have good reviews, will compare the package and Gynae before taking package.

Congrats to everyone!!! I'm a first time mummy too!!
I'm with dr tho too! He's good! And I'm c sect mum for #1. His stitch were very neat!

Hi everyone! Congrats to all.. First time mom here too! :) Guessing that my EDD is around mid Jan 2018..

Went to see Dr. Natalie Chua at Parkway East this morning for my first visit and nothing was seen on the scan yet.. most likely too early as I'm only at 4weeks+ now. Booked an appt so promptly after my positive pregnancy result as I have been spotting on and off the past week... did a blood test and vaginal swab test, will only know the results next week. She also prescribed folic acid and hormone supplements. Hoping everything is a-ok!

What is the blood test and swab test for? Everything will be okay! Relax!

Hi everyone, im a first time mummy too. 6 weeks now and my nausea is so bad! I have been lying in bed the whole day for the past 3 days. Anyone has any suggestions to make the nausea better?

Hi everyone, im a first time mummy too. 6 weeks now and my nausea is so bad! I have been lying in bed the whole day for the past 3 days. Anyone has any suggestions to make the nausea better?

Hi, I find lying down or sleeping is the best. But unfortunately, I'm working full time. I wear mask on public transports to avoid sudden nauseating smells like cigarette smoke, perfume, or metallic smells from people's bad breath in the morning. Eat anything that you can eat, don't worry too much about eating healthy. I found chiffon cakes like pandan cake helps. Plain water makes me sick, so I only take very small sips, like 3 sips each time. Instead I drank soy milk more. Pre-natal vitamins take with food. If you are sensitive to smell, you can try smelling medicated or peppermint oil. Gynae can prescribe you anti-nausea medication. I requested for non-drowsy one, so he prescribed ondansentron. But I only take when the nausea is unbearable. Jiayou, we just have to ride through it!

Hi all, I'm just 6wk preggy and guess will be due in early Jan. I'll be going for my first scan on Tue. Made appt with Dr Clifton Chan at Singapore Women's Clinic since it's near me. Will give reviews after my appt.

Hello. Im new here. Just found out that I'm preggy using HPT. Its still at the very early stage so i hadnt had told anyone yet except my hb. Anyone here already told their folks?

Anyone here was a subsidised KKH patient? Would u be able to share some experience? Thanks....

I intend to go back to my obstetrician who delivered my 1st at TMC. At the same time i am contemplating getting referral from polyclinic cos i spent 13k on hospital bill at TMC :(

I intend to go back to my obstetrician who delivered my 1st at TMC. At the same time i am contemplating getting referral from polyclinic cos i spent 13k on hospital bill at TMC :(

omg... 13k?? how come? which doctor did you consult? mine was about 6k plus excluding the consultation package.

omg... 13k?? how come? which doctor did you consult? mine was about 6k plus excluding the consultation package.

I ended up with emergency C-sect after 20 hrs of labour plus i opted for premium single (silly me). So that explains the charges and my intention to go under subsidised patient

Hi everyone, first time mom here, currently at 7 weeks!
suffering from very bad, all day morning sickness, anyone having it too?

Hello. Im new here. Just found out that I'm preggy using HPT. Its still at the very early stage so i hadnt had told anyone yet except my hb. Anyone here already told their folks?

Anyone here was a subsidised KKH patient? Would u be able to share some experience? Thanks....

Told my hub... and 2 besties... hahah can't wait to tell my folks, so many questions to ask... what can we eat etc etc

Hi everyone, first time mom here, currently at 7 weeks!
suffering from very bad, all day morning sickness, anyone having it too?

Mine is only in the morning when I brush my teeth... usually last less than 2 hours after I wake up.. not so bad...

Back