IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

I see.. Hope you strike the first time, don't need to go for the frozen cycle ;) I just kiasu a bit, thinking to book in advance for the next if the first failed. Lol!!
Actually frozen cycle dun really need to book in advance. After review with Dr, just tell him when you want to start your thaw cycle and he will write a memo liao. But do follow-up with ivf centre to confirm they have seen the memo in your file.

Actually you can start any time after review with Dr for FET. If you have scheduled your cycle and Dr Tan is not available on the transfer day (yeah, their schedule are very fluid) a covering doc (nowadays is usu Dr Jerry Chan) will do the transfer. Mine could be done by covering doc this time round coz Dr Tan is away for a week!!!

He is away? When ah?

Actually frozen cycle dun really need to book in advance. After review with Dr, just tell him when you want to start your thaw cycle and he will write a memo liao. But do follow-up with ivf centre to confirm they have seen the memo in your file.
Thanks shiro! Glad to know FET don't have to wait that long

Actually you can start any time after review with Dr for FET. If you have scheduled your cycle and Dr Tan is not available on the transfer day (yeah, their schedule are very fluid) a covering doc (nowadays is usu Dr Jerry Chan) will do the transfer. Mine could be done by covering doc this time round coz Dr Tan is away for a week!!!
All the best for your FET!! Blast us with good news and baby dust! :)

I did my IVF with Dr. Tan after reading many positive comments about him and i got pregnant successfully for my first try. For IVF treatment I think he is good but as a gynae, i find he is too busy. Initially i thought he only did IVF because when we asked him about the gynae if the IVF was successful, he told us we could get our own gynae. However he offered to be the gynae when i got pregnant.

He is really popular so average waiting time is at least one hour and he only has clinic on Tuesday. The consultation usually last about five minutes and sometimes you could feel both doc and nurse are rushing. Sometimes I felt the pressure to squeeze all my questions within the shortest time and i found he would forget the things you mentioned to him a minute ago. For example I told him I got headache after taking the vitamins so he said it was ok not to take as long as i kept my diet healthy. Later he suddenly asked me, do you still have enough vitamins pills? I looked at him and not sure how to reply.
If you are someone who prefer your gynae to do very detailed check up and consultation, I find Dr Tan probably too busy to meet such need. However, he is still a good doctor but just restricted by limited time.

I did my IVF with Dr. Tan after reading many positive comments about him and i got pregnant successfully for my first try. For IVF treatment I think he is good but as a gynae, i find he is too busy. Initially i thought he only did IVF because when we asked him about the gynae if the IVF was successful, he told us we could get our own gynae. However he offered to be the gynae when i got pregnant.

He is really popular so average waiting time is at least one hour and he only has clinic on Tuesday. The consultation usually last about five minutes and sometimes you could feel both doc and nurse are rushing. Sometimes I felt the pressure to squeeze all my questions within the shortest time and i found he would forget the things you mentioned to him a minute ago. For example I told him I got headache after taking the vitamins so he said it was ok not to take as long as i kept my diet healthy. Later he suddenly asked me, do you still have enough vitamins pills? I looked at him and not sure how to reply.
If you are someone who prefer your gynae to do very detailed check up and consultation, I find Dr Tan probably too busy to meet such need. However, he is still a good doctor but just restricted by limited time.

U can write down the question u want to ask on a piece of paper. I did that the last time round, i write down my question n ask him during my appointment with him. He will answer u de, he has too many patients so thus need to be chop chop for him. But whatever question u have he will try to answer u

Anyone here experience thin lining issues consistently and cycle was cancelled.
My cycles keep being cancelled bcos of this
Hi I didn't have this issue but was worried I had it before i started ivf, cause my menses flow has always been little (1 to 2 days full flow) . Did you try iron supplements? Red bean soup and raspberry leaf tea supposedly helps too.

Hi I didn't have this issue but was worried I had it before i started ivf, cause my menses flow has always been little (1 to 2 days full flow) . Did you try iron supplements? Red bean soup and raspberry leaf tea supposedly helps too.
Honestly ive tried a couple of methods you name it i tried it.

Ladies, i am back.

For those who wondering who i am, well firstly not a mrs but a mr. We like many others here enbark on the journey about 1 year ago with many falls from IUI and IVF. Why suddenly i am back is because we hit the jackpot!!

Our gyne is none other than KKH and yes he is a very very very nice doc and very frank guy. It will be very sad if he is to leave because we seen other doc bevfore and NONE are as good and undersatnding as him. It is as if he been thru the process before and understand our pain thru the course.

There are many ladies whom had been giving me words of encouragement during the last months and i hope there are positive results too. The journey of parenthood is sure not easy espically for the mrs and is either easy for the hubbies who have to put up the varies demands but the mrs are the queen among the queen during this time.

Is exicting to see the small one develpoing and growing each day and focus suddenly change from work to family for me.

Advise to the all ttc-ing, enjoy the process, dun worry so much have faith in tth U in the best of hands (hands of god0 i will say.

I will keep in touch with all again, thank for all the up lifting messages all mummies to be!
REMEMBER THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE.
Congrats!!!!

To those who are trying, good luck and jiayou.

To those who had conceived, big congrats.

Personally, my 1st child was conceived under Ivf Programme with Dr Tan. Tried for 1 year plus to have another one but failed. Told myself and my hub that we shall go for iui on sept 2016 if we din managed to conceive naturally. Who knows, we managed to strike naturally on July cycle. Haha. Currently 17weeks.

To cut the long story short, dun give up and just keep trying. You will succeed 1 day. Jiayou.

I just continue to take folic acid, multivitamins and CoQ10 150mg daily.

I do have 2 brand new bottles of CoQ10 to let go. Pls pm if u are keen.

To add on, I am still under the care of Dr Tan this time round. Though charges increased, I still feel he is a patient and nice doc.

To those who are trying, good luck and jiayou.

To those who had conceived, big congrats.

Personally, my 1st child was conceived under Ivf Programme with Dr Tan. Tried for 1 year plus to have another one but failed. Told myself and my hub that we shall go for iui on sept 2016 if we din managed to conceive naturally. Who knows, we managed to strike naturally on July cycle. Haha. Currently 17weeks.

To cut the long story short, dun give up and just keep trying. You will succeed 1 day. Jiayou.

I just continue to take folic acid, multivitamins and CoQ10 150mg daily.

I do have 2 brand new bottles of CoQ10 to let go. Pls pm if u are keen.
Hi babycomecome

Congrats! I m same as u, conceived on holiday in jul n now under Dr Tan too. Are u in the Apr 17 mums grp too?

Dr Tan may b very busy and alws long waiting n short consulting but i m very reassured by his gentleness and positivity. And my requests he hears n if he need to disagree he does it tactfully n professionally. Mostly my requests he understands. I hv no qualms coming back to him for this current 2nd pregnancy.

Anyone over here ever tried taking letrozole before?
Can i ask anyone has bloating pain at the lower abdominal there? Ecen cough also will feel pain. Can i ask why huh. Is it one time release too many eggs thats why feel pain?

Hi all, I am starting my cycle in Feb 2017. Are you girls on any supplements or Chinese herbs to nourish your body before you go for the cycle?

Hi all, I am starting my cycle in Feb 2017. Are you girls on any supplements or Chinese herbs to nourish your body before you go for the cycle?
hi Jill, I saw you also post in the other forum, which will get more response. I'm also doing next cycle in feb, it'll be my 3rd fresh. currently taking Chinese herbs from tsb and coQ10, maca and bm conceive well gold.

hi Jill, I saw you also post in the other forum, which will get more response. I'm also doing next cycle in feb, it'll be my 3rd fresh. currently taking Chinese herbs from tsb and coQ10, maca and bm conceive well gold.

Hello! Can u share which maca you are eating? Did u buy from iHerb?

Thanks babe for your reply! @MichNg You are also starting your cycle in Feb? I'm with THH (KKH), how about you? I recently ordered Raspberry Tea Leaves and Rainbow lite petite conceive pills from Iherbs. Am also trying to drink Logan + red dates tea.

Haha but I am Super lazy and got difficulty in swallowing in pills. Hope this cycle will be fine for me.

May I know where is TSB? And what kind of Chinese herbs you are taking?

TSB is Tan Siew Boey, a tcm dr in Chinatown. she prescribes herbs to boil. her waiting list is quite long. there are others who are popular too, try searching in the other forum group.
I'm also with thh. many ppl strike with him and he is quite nice.

@skippyloo yeah, I bought from iherb. but not sure how effective it is.

TSB is Tan Siew Boey, a tcm dr in Chinatown. she prescribes herbs to boil. her waiting list is quite long. there are others who are popular too, try searching in the other forum group.

I seen her before abt 3-4 yrs back took 1 yr of tcm but stop seeing her when i start my ivf journey duno if can continue taking or what but i recommend her to my frien also. N yes her waiting time can wait till 2 hrs. Now i dun think can afford the time to see her

Hi...is there anyone who knows when's the earliest available slot for a fresh cycle at KKIVF when we see Dr Tan now?

@MichNg: understand u r on your new cycle.. is there a different protocol from your old failed cycle to this new one? I heard people says that different people reacts to different protocol. Are all your ivf with dr tan?

@MichNg: understand u r on your new cycle.. is there a different protocol from your old failed cycle to this new one? I heard people says that different people reacts to different protocol. Are all your ivf with dr tan?

I start in feb, all with thh. I don't think my protocol will change much. Will be lower dosage this round cause I had moderate ohss. Also quality drop even though qty ok. Oh, also, actually all my cycles succeeded to implantation but miscarry subsequently.

Thanks Michng.. mine din yield good number of eggs the first time round and Juz wondering if change of protocol or change of doctor will help. It's depressing to face failure.

thanks for the information! @MichNg

Hi ladies, I am currently taking raspberry tea leaves on some days and also Logan red date tea on certain days.

Will be on Feb 2017 Cycle and short protocol. Heard from the nurse that you do not need to go back to the hospital for trigger shot anymore, you will be able to do it yourself. It will be like a pen like injection & no longer the thick injection needle :)

Scanning will be 3 to 4 days depending on your result.

Good luck to all and myself. Let's work hard together!

Hi ladies, I am currently taking raspberry tea leaves on some days and also Logan red date tea on certain days.

Will be on Feb 2017 Cycle and short protocol. Heard from the nurse that you do not need to go back to the hospital for trigger shot anymore, you will be able to do it yourself. It will be like a pen like injection & no longer the thick injection needle :)

Thanks so much... the information helps!

Thanks :) .. I will be on jan 17 cycle. . All the best to us :)

Back