IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Hi ladies, what happens on day of beta blood test? As in do we get to see doc either positive (get more progesterone support) or negative (get a rundown of why fail or make next appt)?

Thanks in advance for replies..cos last time my friend just hung ard for the nurse's call for the test result but not sure if she got to see the Dr.
After bt nurse will call between 10 to 3 to advise result. If positive they'll ask u to return to collect prescription. For both results your next dr appt will be scheduled. Dr appt will not be the same day.

Hi ladies, can I check if having twins usually the beta hcg will be dancing around how much to how much like in week 5 or 6?

Thanks Mich for your support, didn't work out this mth, but don't really know what went wrong too. Got 1 frozen blast left, will decide if to do a fresh cycle next and just keep the frozen for later, since I'm turning 35 next yr.

All the best to you tmr!!!

Thanks Mich for your support, didn't work out this mth, but don't really know what went wrong too. Got 1 frozen blast left, will decide if to do a fresh cycle next and just keep the frozen for later, since I'm turning 35 next yr.

Hugs Cen. Keep your spirits up and don't give up.

Hugs hugs!! Take care...

ladies, do ur still rem if the day we go down for scanning when menses report, if we request for MC are we given?
I rem I am given a medical sheet upon request. My boss is asking me how come I didn't apply leave on that day. -.-

ladies, do ur still rem if the day we go down for scanning when menses report, if we request for MC are we given?
I rem I am given a medical sheet upon request. My boss is asking me how come I didn't apply leave on that day. -.-
Yes, KKH should be able to give you MC if you go for the scans - if I remember correctly. Maybe you can call up to check

Ladies, can I ask if one has a good number of fertilized embryos and intends to try culturing to blastocysts, would all be cultured at the same time and see how many make it through? Or there is an option of freezing a few embbies at D2 and some number be cultured?

Ladies, can I ask if one has a good number of fertilized embryos and intends to try culturing to blastocysts, would all be cultured at the same time and see how many make it through? Or there is an option of freezing a few embbies at D2 and some number be cultured?
It really depends on your preference. For example if you have 10 embryos, you can choose to blast all 10 or you can randomly select 5 to blast and 5 to freeze.

It really depends on your preference. For example if you have 10 embryos, you can choose to blast all 10 or you can randomly select 5 to blast and 5 to freeze.
Oh good to hear we can have both options! But freezing one time fee or charged twice if there are also blasts that can be frozen later?

Oh good to hear we can have both options! But freezing one time fee or charged twice if there are also blasts that can be frozen later?
Let me think ah..for example, you decided to blast all 5 and all become blastocyst, you transferred 2, the 3 remaining blastocysts would be frozen again. Hmmm, this I never check with the doc. Maybe you can check & let us know? :p

Hi all , im new to this thread and jus started my 1st injection yesterday . Can i still continue to eat blackmore more conceive well during stimming and 2ww or eat the folic acid 5mg that prescribe yesterday . thank u in advance :)

Hi all , im new to this thread and jus started my 1st injection yesterday . Can i still continue to eat blackmore more conceive well during stimming and 2ww or eat the folic acid 5mg that prescribe yesterday . thank u in advance :)
Hi and welcome :)
You can take either but no need to take both.

Either one u can take.But not both...

Thanks for the prompt reply ;) in this case , i will continue to take blackmore ..
Sorry , one more question , how about amway protein drink ? I've been taking this for a month .. Can i still continue ? Forgot to ask the nurse yesterday ..
Im doing 2nd fresh this time round .

Hi ladies I will be returning 90eggs at Geck Hong Tian temple (495 havelock road) on 1aug. Will be there ard 10am. Feel like to go there Collect the red eggs.

May I know how many eggs you retrieved and how many embryos fertilized each time? Since you BFP from 2nd so you do already have one child?

Hi Milogal88, congrats on your newborns. I do agree that Ivf is sort of like trial and error. Even my 3rd cycle that is customed to fit me just like the 2nd cycle that I bfp from, it still failed even though I stayed positive and did all those I did in my 2nd cycle. Haiz. Persevere oso but oso din happen. Dunno when I will get a child in my hands.

Hi, just failed my 1st fresh cycle n left one only D3 embryo for FET, doc review will be on 28 Sep
Just wondering will Dr Tan suggest another fresh cycle to have more eggs to freeze or will use that only one for FET?

Hi, just failed my 1st fresh cycle n left one only D3 embryo for FET, doc review will be on 28 Sep
Just wondering will Dr Tan suggest another fresh cycle to have more eggs to freeze or will use that only one for FET?
Dr THH prefers FET than Fresh coz FET does not requires jabbing. If there are frozen embryos, he will likely ask you to do FET. Like in my case i have 7 frozen embryos, he told me to do FET first even though i tried to convince him to let me do fresh.

In your case, he might give the green light to do fresh. Just check with him during your first visit and raise your concern with him.

For me i also left with one precious frozen emby..And sugested Fet to him.But he sugested fresh instead...On top of that i have low reserve.So me goin for 2nd fresh soon..hopefuly this time yield more eggs.and finaly gota Bpf!

This situation happened to me. If u're only left with 1 embroy, chances are he will advise u to go for 2nd fresh coz need to be prepared that the precious 1 embryo might not survive the thaw for FET and it will not be time & cost efficient. Even if it's FET u still need to go for scanning etc so no point risking all the efforts.

Usually if left 1embryo. Dr THH will suggest to do fresh cycle. Then can transfer 2. Max the chance and cost saving mah.

Thanks all sisters for answering my question...

I am more concerned on the financial if do another fresh cycle....haiz....sian man

May I know how many eggs you retrieved and how many embryos fertilized each time? Since you BFP from 2nd so you do already have one child?

Yes, I already have 1 child now. For the 1st cycle, retrieved 7, 4 fertilised transferred 2,other 2 din make it to freeze. Failed cycle.
2nd cycle, retrieved 4, all 4 fertilised, transferred 2 other 2 din make it again. Successfully pregnant to my daughter.
3rd cycle, retrieved 1, fertilised 1, transferred 1. Failed cycle.
4th cycle din managed to retrieved cos egg already ovulated before the procedure. Failed cycle.

Thanks all sisters for answering my question...

I am more concerned on the financial if do another fresh cycle....haiz....sian man
Sorry actually i din really catch up with the past posts. Actually if you have to do fresh and it will be your second, after deducting the govt grant and medisave, it should be still quite affordable, i guess. Of coz must also depends on the drugs you used and how long is your stim (aka Long Vs Short). Dr THH is more for short protocol unless there are other conditions which he thinks a long one may be more appt. How much did you pay in cash for your first cycle? Isit within your comfortable range?

Sorry actually i din really catch up with the past posts. Actually if you have to do fresh and it will be your second, after deducting the govt grant and medisave, it should be still quite affordable, i guess. Of coz must also depends on the drugs you used and how long is your stim (aka Long Vs Short). Dr THH is more for short protocol unless there are other conditions which he thinks a long one may be more appt. How much did you pay in cash for your first cycle? Isit within your comfortable range?

I am still waiting for the bill to come, but I did take down my jabs costs and do a estimated calculation. Fork out cash should be less than $2k after all the grant and medisave

Cos mine is SPR and PR scheme, so grants is already lesser than usual...

I want a baby but not to the expense of using up our savings..... :(

Yes, I already have 1 child now. For the 1st cycle, retrieved 7, 4 fertilised transferred 2,other 2 din make it to freeze. Failed cycle.
2nd cycle, retrieved 4, all 4 fertilised, transferred 2 other 2 din make it again. Successfully pregnant to my daughter.
3rd cycle, retrieved 1, fertilised 1, transferred 1. Failed cycle.
4th cycle din managed to retrieved cos egg already ovulated before the procedure. Failed cycle.
I thought they are supposed to give you Orgalutran jab which prevents premature ovulation.

Back