IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Hihi,

Did anyone took letrozole before? I m on short cycle this time round and was prescribed letrozole. Still need to bd daily? Also the jab will start on which day? The nurse nvr tell me leh. Din get to see the doc on duty on Mon.

Last edited:
Hi all, can I check with u all if my full blown menses is gonna be tonight or say tomorrow, do i have to still call kkivf and go down for scan on Mon?

Hi all, can I check with u all if my full blown menses is gonna be tonight or say tomorrow, do i have to still call kkivf and go down for scan on Mon?
I think u call on mon, and go down on mon itself. But u may have to scan later cos they need to get ur file. Mb u check w the nurse when u call on Mon.

Thanks girl... Actually i haven't BT yet... BT this mon to cfm ;) all the best to u!

U must call first thing in morn on mon if yr menses really here on sat night/sun ok.

Hihi, u r back for #2? I tink we were cycle buddies the last round when u strikes. Jiayou and good luck for ur BT on Mon.

Hihi, u r back for #2? I tink we were cycle buddies the last round when u strikes. Jiayou and good luck for ur BT on Mon.
Yup! U doing a cycle soon? Gd luck!
Hope this cycle can give me #2 cos I no stamina liao... Dun feel like trying anymore after this....

Done my blood test this morning and it's positive.. And I have 5 frozen blastocysts..

Baby dust to all..

Congrats, hope2016. I hope I can get lucky too.

Yup! U doing a cycle soon? Gd luck!
Hope this cycle can give me #2 cos I no stamina liao... Dun feel like trying anymore after this....

Hi_mei, I m in the midst of my 4th cycle already. My last opportunity too. Hope to get lucky and strike and close the factory already. I m not very young already, no stamina to try too.

Hi_mei, I m in the midst of my 4th cycle already. My last opportunity too. Hope to get lucky and strike and close the factory already. I m not very young already, no stamina to try too.
Good luck to you!! Lots of babydust to you! Take care...

Hi! I am scheduled for ivf in April with dr tan.
Gonna start inducing my menses cause it's irregular and most likely start the stimulation by 12th April.

Am really nervous about the process and what to prepare for it.

I have unicornuate uterus (having only one Fallopian tube and a small uterus) and pcos. So dr tan informed that he will only put one egg as my uterus may not be able to handle twins.

All the best girl... Hope this cycle is lucky one for u...

Gonna start inducing my menses cause it's irregular and most likely start the stimulation by 12th April.

I have unicornuate uterus (having only one Fallopian tube and a small uterus) and pcos. So dr tan informed that he will only put one egg as my uterus may not be able to handle twins.
All the best girl!
One embryo is fine... I have bfp with one embryo before. Hope u have good news soon!

All the best girl... Hope this cycle is lucky one for u...

All the best girl!
One embryo is fine... I have bfp with one embryo before. Hope u have good news soon!
Thank you!! Am really nervous about it. Am taking tcm with acupuncture. However, I understood from my friend that taking egg whites would help? Did u try that?

Thank you!! Am really nervous about it. Am taking tcm with acupuncture. However, I understood from my friend that taking egg whites would help? Did u try that?
I m not so sure whether egg whites help... Some gals here swear by it, guess no harm trying?

Haiz, just done my scan. Only got 1 big follicles and the rest din managed to catch up, ranging from 5 to 10.5 and tonite is the trigger jab Liao. Lining only 6.4mm. Am kinda worried.

Haiz, just done my scan. Only got 1 big follicles and the rest din managed to catch up, ranging from 5 to 10.5 and tonite is the trigger jab Liao. Lining only 6.4mm. Am kinda worried.
Hmmm... I do agree the lining seems a bit low. The doctors agreed to let u carry on with ET?
Was it on letrozole as the only drug?
If u have not been spending much money yet, mb talk to the doctors on duty again to see if ER and ET is worth going thru... (Cos these two processes are expensive).

I had similar encounter in my last cycle except that my lining was about 12mm (if i din rem wrongly). Got 1-2 super big follicles (ranging to 16 to 18mm) and a number of mid-range ones (ranging from 11 to 13mm). The dr on duty wanted me to trigger and retrieve whatever that were matured (likely only 4 to 5). As it was my last fresh cycle, i din want to waste my chance and ask if i could sacrifice the 2 bigger ones and jab a few more days for the mid-range ones to catch up. Initially the dr don't recommend that i sacrifice the bigger ones, but i requested for second opinion from Dr THH. Subsequently, i jab a few more days and at point of ER, i retrieved 27 with 20 fertilised. (Don't look at the numbers coz i have PCOS). I think the trigger shot also speed up the growth rate of the follicles.

Not sure if there is still time to seek 2nd opinion from Dr T. But i thought when i have differing opinions from the dr-on-duty, i will voice it out and if need be, get second opinion from Dr T. If all made the same recommendation, then go ahead with their recommendation.

I thought that follicles should reach up till 16 minimum? Correct me if im wrong :)

If i din remember wrongly, the lead follicles should usually reach about 17/18mm before the trigger is ordered. It should also be coupled with a lining of min. 8mm?
Coz any follicles that are relatively small (i think smaller than 16mm) won't be used.

Hi Vyonx... All the best to you! Jiayou! :)

I had similar encounter in my last cycle except that my lining was about 12mm (if i din rem wrongly). Got 1-2 super big follicles (ranging to 16 to 18mm) and a number of mid-range ones (ranging from 11 to 13mm). The dr on duty wanted me to trigger and retrieve whatever that were matured (likely only 4 to 5). As it was my last fresh cycle, i din want to waste my chance and ask if i could sacrifice the 2 bigger ones and jab a few more days for the mid-range ones to catch up. Initially the dr don't recommend that i sacrifice the bigger ones, but i requested for second opinion from Dr THH. Subsequently, i jab a few more days and at point of ER, i retrieved 27 with 20 fertilised. (Don't look at the numbers coz i have PCOS). I think the trigger shot also speed up the growth rate of the follicles.

Not sure if there is still time to seek 2nd opinion from Dr T. But i thought when i have differing opinions from the dr-on-duty, i will voice it out and if need be, get second opinion from Dr T. If all made the same recommendation, then go ahead with their recommendation.
If i am not wrong, the doctor on duty does consult Dr Tan before making decision as he is the one in charge of the patient. But of cos, if u feel uncomfortable, there is no harm gg back to discuss with Dr... @babycomecome mb u can try go back again, today or tmr morning. The nurse did let me see Dr Tan before without appt cos I had some issue during stimulation and I met him outside the operating theatre area (think he was in btw egg extractions).

If i am not wrong, the doctor on duty does consult Dr Tan before making decision as he is the one in charge of the patient. But of cos, if u feel uncomfortable, there is no harm gg back to discuss with Dr... @babycomecome mb u can try go back again, today or tmr morning. The nurse did let me see Dr Tan before without appt cos I had some issue during stimulation and I met him outside the operating theatre area (think he was in btw egg extractions).

Apparently not coz the decision to trigger was made on the spot. When i requested for 2nd opinion, then she went over to Clinic D to ask Dr T le, which luckily, he concurred with my reasoning then. Since pay so much liao, i also have to make sure my concern is heard and addressed.

Hi ladies I will be seeing Dr Tan next week for the first time. Is there anything I need to prepare?

Apparently not coz the decision to trigger was made on the spot. When i requested for 2nd opinion, then she went over to Clinic D to ask Dr T le, which luckily, he concurred with my reasoning then. Since pay so much liao, i also have to make sure my concern is heard and addressed.
Oh i see... Strange le. Mb they change SOP liao cos my recent cycle, the doctor specifically said she got the green light from Dr Tan to do this or do that. But it is gd u voiced out that time and that cycle went v well for u! :)

Hmmm... I do agree the lining seems a bit low. The doctors agreed to let u carry on with ET?
Was it on letrozole as the only drug?
If u have not been spending much money yet, mb talk to the doctors on duty again to see if ER and ET is worth going thru... (Cos these two processes are expensive).

Hi_mei, nope I also had menopur for 4days on Low dosage of 150iu. Thh is not ard today. My this cycle is supposed to be on Low dosage to retrieve only 1-2 eggs hopefully they all can fertilised. This is my last cycle. No more grant on this try.

I did actually asked the doc on duty why not wait till the rest catch up. She said if wait might lose the biggest one. Then I asked her dunno this follicle will have egg or not, she said likely to have. Usually bigger follicles should contain egg. So keeping my faith up and keeping my fingers and toes crossed that what she said is true.

I thought that follicles should reach up till 16 minimum? Correct me if im wrong :)

Tryingforbaby, optimal size is supposed to be 18. Which I had 1.

If i din remember wrongly, the lead follicles should usually reach about 17/18mm before the trigger is ordered. It should also be coupled with a lining of min. 8mm?
Coz any follicles that are relatively small (i think smaller than 16mm) won't be used.

Lining still got time to bu before et. My concern is the small follicles. Already eating 4-5 egg whites per day. Hopefully the rest will wake up and grow faster. Let me at least 3 to retrieve.

Hi babycomecome... All the best! Jiayou!:)

Mrs Chan00, thank you.

Hi_mei, nope I also had menopur for 4days on Low dosage of 150iu. Thh is not ard today. My this cycle is supposed to be on Low dosage to retrieve only 1-2 eggs hopefully they all can fertilised. This is my last cycle. No more grant on this try.

I did actually asked the doc on duty why not wait till the rest catch up. She said if wait might lose the biggest one. Then I asked her dunno this follicle will have egg or not, she said likely to have. Usually bigger follicles should contain egg. So keeping my faith up and keeping my fingers and toes crossed that what she said is true.

Tryingforbaby, optimal size is supposed to be 18. Which I had 1.

Lining still got time to bu before et. My concern is the small follicles. Already eating 4-5 egg whites per day. Hopefully the rest will wake up and grow faster. Let me at least 3 to retrieve.

Mrs Chan00, thank you.
Ok i really hope this one works for u, shd u decide to go ahead :)

Hello everyone.. My 1st cycle was not successful and next appointment to see dr tan is on april 22... Ill hope that my 2ns cycle will be a successful one so is there any food or vit to be taken to improve the quality of the eggs?

Haiz, my procedure today was cancelled. I was put to sleep then Thh did another scan n said my biggest egg is not there anymore, could be ovulated by itself already. It is still floating somewhere so have to try ourselves today and tml.

Haiz, my procedure today was cancelled. I was put to sleep then Thh did another scan n said my biggest egg is not there anymore, could be ovulated by itself already. It is still floating somewhere so have to try ourselves today and tml.
Hi, u mean ur retrieval was cancelled? Just curious, did u take the blocker jab that is supposed to prevent ovulation? Wondering if it is coz the jab din work.

Hello everyone.. My 1st cycle was not successful and next appointment to see dr tan is on april 22... Ill hope that my 2ns cycle will be a successful one so is there any food or vit to be taken to improve the quality of the eggs?
Hi jennycsy, mb u can try seeing a TCM to tiao ur body into shape. Try to eat healthy too :) all the best for ur next cycle girl.

Sorry to hear that but it was gd that he was careful and did the scan... Otherwise u go thru the op for nothing...

Hopefully u try naturally and hit jackpot! Jiayou for next few days!! And wk end liao, lots of time to try hehe

Hi, u mean ur retrieval was cancelled? Just curious, did u take the blocker jab that is supposed to prevent ovulation? Wondering if it is coz the jab din work.

Yes retrieval was cancelled but I was already sedated. Yes, took orgulutan for 4 days too, the hcg jab was taken on wed night same day as the last blocker being jabbed.

Sorry to hear that but it was gd that he was careful and did the scan... Otherwise u go thru the op for nothing...

Hopefully u try naturally and hit jackpot! Jiayou for next few days!! And wk end liao, lots of time to try hehe

Yea, luckily he was thorough in the check and he said he din put the needle in.

Yes retrieval was cancelled but I was already sedated. Yes, took orgulutan for 4 days too, the hcg jab was taken on wed night same day as the last blocker being jabbed.

Yea, luckily he was thorough in the check and he said he din put the needle in.
Sorry to hear that. It must have been very disappointing. Did dr tan say why it din work? Should be quite rare right. Jia you for this month!

Can anyone enlighten if one fails to buy the insurance from GE. What's the next available option? I didn't bring the cheque on day of ET and wasn't aware need to submit it in a wk.

Can anyone enlighten if one fails to buy the insurance from GE. What's the next available option? I didn't bring the cheque on day of ET and wasn't aware need to submit it in a wk.

how long overdue were you? Perhaps you want to call and find out if you are allowed to buy? For GE, definitely have to buy before blood test. For me, i din buy from GE but bought from AIA after postive beta. There are many exclusions and coverage also not high though.

jiayou for these few days !!

Dr Tan told me to try ourselves on Fri and sat.

Sorry to hear that. It must have been very disappointing. Did dr tan say why it din work? Should be quite rare right. Jia you for this month!

Really disappointing. He din say. There isn't any appt to see him either. But for my case, I was on Low dosage of menopur and only 1 big follicle was seen. The number of eggs being retrieved in each cycle of Ivf keeps decreasing and so Ivf is no longer a good option for me to try to conceive.

Really disappointing. He din say. There isn't any appt to see him either. But for my case, I was on Low dosage of menopur and only 1 big follicle was seen. The number of eggs being retrieved in each cycle of Ivf keeps decreasing and so Ivf is no longer a good option for me to try to conceive.

All the best for your BD. Maybe can strike naturally? Don't be too pessimistic coz anything is possible. What's the next course of action if you dun 12 try BD? Are you gonna start another cycle which another appt has to be given?

Dont lose hope. Every month is a chance, whether ivf or try naturally. The decreasingly no of eggs could also be due to the meds and dosage, and may not necessarily be ur problem. See what tth say. Will u be doing another fresh cycle?

how long overdue were you? Perhaps you want to call and find out if you are allowed to buy? For GE, definitely have to buy before blood test. For me, i din buy from GE but bought from AIA after postive beta. There are many exclusions and coverage also not high though.
I have passed 2ww and done beta. They say can't buy anymore. So thinking to take a look at other options now. Most policy don't cover pregnancy conceived through ivf

I have passed 2ww and done beta. They say can't buy anymore. So thinking to take a look at other options now. Most policy don't cover pregnancy conceived through ivf

Only AIA and other 1 insurance company covers ivf pregnancy. Depending on individual cases, there might be some exclusions. If you are keen, call the agents to check out the difference. For me, i chose aia coz i have an existing policy with them. Too lazy to ask around and change.

Anyway, congratulations!

Then u may want to consider maternity insurance with AIA n another company. Usually have to purchase between 20-32wks I think.

Thanks Shiro_ger and piglet02. Now have to source around and see whats offered in the market. Btw baby dust to all ttc. :)

Back