IVF KKH

Fizafiorenza

Hi!
I'm going for IVF next year Feb in KKH.
Wondering if anyone can share their experiences.
At the same time, we are also thinking of going for private clinic IVF. Thinking of dr Kelly Loi. Anyone has experiences? Is it better & how the payment like for Singaporean?
Really hope to hear from you guys! Im kinda nervous!

Hi!
I'm going for IVF next year Feb in KKH.
Wondering if anyone can share their experiences.
At the same time, we are also thinking of going for private clinic IVF. Thinking of dr Kelly Loi. Anyone has experiences? Is it better & how the payment like for Singaporean?
Really hope to hear from you guys! Im kinda nervous!
Hello :) , I have just went for my 2nd embryo transfer. I would definitely recommend you to take Dr Sadhana the head of the dept. My first cycle was with Dr Jerry Chan who is a very "rushed" guy, definitely won't recommend him and indeed the cycle failed. Dr Sadhana, on the other hand, is calm and steady . She explains to you every step she is going to do. By the way, I have crinol gel inserts, if you don't mind, I can give it to you. The crinol inserts are purchased in this month only. I am now in the 2 weeks wait.

For the payment and stuffs, you will need go through a briefing which will explain every details about IVF. So dun worry about the cost. 75% grant provided by the Govt for singaporeans. :)

Hi, anyone taking Chinese med after ivf transfer at KKH and now on 2ww?? Dr Tan from clementi give me an tai yao.. Not sure if to take?

Hi, anyone taking Chinese med after ivf transfer at KKH and now on 2ww?? Dr Tan from clementi give me an tai yao.. Not sure if to take?
Nope for me, Dr Sadhana isn't a fan of TCM. She told me less is more. Because of what she said, I decided not to go for any acupuncture or tk any tcm just take folic acid and the crinol gel. Take whatever food u feel like eating, do whatever u wan except swimming only. U will feel more relaxed and happier :)

Praysucessttc, did u ask your dr? I have a fre who intro me to Dr Tan too fr clementi, she did take his meds during her transfer :) I have seen Dr Tan myself too. He has amazing ultrasound hands.

Nope for me, Dr Sadhana isn't a fan of TCM. She told me less is more. Because of what she said, I decided not to go for any acupuncture or tk any tcm just take folic acid and the crinol gel. Take whatever food u feel like eating, do whatever u wan except swimming only. U will feel more relaxed and happier :)

Praysucessttc, did u ask your dr? I have a fre who intro me to Dr Tan too fr clementi, she did take his meds during her transfer :) I have seen Dr Tan myself too. He has amazing ultrasound hands.

I find kkh doc not fans of TCM... Any issue for your friend taking the med during the transfer? Ya... I agreed the ultrasound hand

I dun think there is issue becos after 1.5 yrs of hiatus, she went bk to him for her last FET. Sorry, I wasn't a really close fre of hers so I didn't text her to ask ur exact qn. All I noe it was a successful one hehe as she gave birth to a big boy. I'm sure u can trust Dr Tan if he asks u to tk his med during the transfer.

I dun think there is issue becos after 1.5 yrs of hiatus, she went bk to him for her last FET. Sorry, I wasn't a really close fre of hers so I didn't text her to ask ur exact qn. All I noe it was a successful one hehe as she gave birth to a big boy. I'm sure u can trust Dr Tan if he asks u to tk his med during the transfer.
Thank you, Reenreen. No worries about asking your friend.. I was with Dr Tan for like 4 month but encounter many in his clinic pregnant.. I'm hopeful too..

Hello :) , I have just went for my 2nd embryo transfer. I would definitely recommend you to take Dr Sadhana the head of the dept. My first cycle was with Dr Jerry Chan who is a very "rushed" guy, definitely won't recommend him and indeed the cycle failed. Dr Sadhana, on the other hand, is calm and steady . She explains to you every step she is going to do. By the way, I have crinol gel inserts, if you don't mind, I can give it to you. The crinol inserts are purchased in this month only. I am now in the 2 weeks wait.

For the payment and stuffs, you will need go through a briefing which will explain every details about IVF. So dun worry about the cost. 75% grant provided by the Govt for singaporeans. :)

Hello! May I know how did you go about doing the change from Dr Jerry Chan to Dr Sadhana?

Thanks for ur reply. My doctor is Dr Liu shu ling. Guess too late to change now.

Hello! May I know how did you go about doing the change from Dr Jerry Chan to Dr Sadhana?
I need to upgrade to Private (pte) in order to change to Dr Sadhana :/ need to pay more for the consultation and blood test only as IVF procedure is all along charged as Private rate no matter you are subsided or pte.

If u are private class now, u can just call to change Dr and see the Dr's earliest available date. :)
Thanks! Itz good to know! My doctor is always rushing.
But now, im scheduled for ivf next feb, will it impacts anything if i change dr now?
This is my first ivf.

Thanks! Itz good to know! My doctor is always rushing.
But now, im scheduled for ivf next feb, will it impacts anything if i change dr now?
This is my first ivf.
Okay, so if you change to Dr Sadhana, she will be the one doing the IVF transfer for u and it also depends on her schedule. After my recent transfer in the procedure room, she already planned for my next transfer. haha I like the way she planned ahead, not letting me put so much hope in this transfer. I feel more relaxed by having her react this way.

I recommend you to call the appointment hotline to book an appointment asap cos that time when I called up in July, I only managed to book the appt near end August.

I need to upgrade to Private (pte) in order to change to Dr Sadhana :/ need to pay more for the consultation and blood test only as IVF procedure is all along charged as Private rate no matter you are subsided or pte.
Thank you! I just managed to book an appt with Dr Sadhana & have to wait till Jan 2022! :( Going for my 2nd fresh with her. Is this your first time doing IVF? Is Dr Sadhana attentive to your case in your opinion? I’m quite worried if it doesn’t make any difference if I change to Dr Sadhana or not.. I’ve had enough heartbreaks alrdy haha..

Thank you! I just managed to book an appt with Dr Sadhana & have to wait till Jan 2022! :( Going for my 2nd fresh with her. Is this your first time doing IVF? Is Dr Sadhana attentive to your case in your opinion? I’m quite worried if it doesn’t make any difference if I change to Dr Sadhana or not.. I’ve had enough heartbreaks alrdy haha..
I did my first fresh cycle with Dr Jerry Chan then I immediately switched to Dr Sadhana for my 2nd frozen embryo transfer.

For my first IVF, I was diagnosed with OHSS after my egg retrieval. I would strongly encourage those who had OHSS to omit fresh transfer and opt for frozen transfer. Dr Jerry proceeded with fresh transfer for me and true enough, it failed. I went to c a tcm dr in Thong Chai after this IVF. She said I should not hv went for fresh cycle as my womb needs time to recover after the egg retrieval, moreover I had OHSS. It was my first ivf with jerry and I didnt noe anything abt this. Hope ttc ladies wun go thru the kind of experience I had.

My experience with Dr Sadhana is an enjoyable one. She takes her time talking to you and she has her own beliefs which I feel it is very rational. Haha. She is quite attentive too. 100 times more than Dr Jerry. Who is your dr for ur first IVF? I understand it is quite torturing, I even told my husband to pause for a yr or so if this FET fails. It's devastating to keep seeing negative results :(

I am currently with Dr Jerry Chan too but i think for my case he was careful as he extracted 24 eggs. I was at risk of OHSS so he froze my embies. Your sharing is really helpful for any first timers.. hope it doesn’t happen to anybody else. Sorry to know abt yr bad experience! Hope your recovery didn’t take long during OHSS! Mine was mild & the pain was bad enough.

It is torturous indeed..Hang in there ya.. I totally feel you.. I failed FET twice & the thought of stims, ER & OHSS all over again really traumatise me haha. I guess we should just recuperate emotionally, mentally & physically first & proceed whenever we feel ready. At your own time ok? Prayers to you & to everyone who is trying *hugs*

I am currently with Dr Jerry Chan too but i think for my case he was careful as he extracted 24 eggs. I was at risk of OHSS so he froze my embies. Your sharing is really helpful for any first timers.. hope it doesn’t happen to anybody else. Sorry to know abt yr bad experience! Hope your recovery didn’t take long during OHSS! Mine was mild & the pain was bad enough.

It is torturous indeed..Hang in there ya.. I totally feel you.. I failed FET twice & the thought of stims, ER & OHSS all over again really traumatise me haha. I guess we should just recuperate emotionally, mentally & physically first & proceed whenever we feel ready. At your own time ok? Prayers to you & to everyone who is trying *hugs*
According to the nurse after egg retrieval, as long as more than 15 eggs retrieved, we r diagnosed as OHSS. Mine was quite bad and my abdomen was so bloated. I lost 2 kg through passing urine overnight.

While waiting for Jan appt, u can tk tcm to nourish your womb. I did that after my failed fresh cycle in July. :) hugs to u too! Jiayou tgt! ^-^

According to the nurse after egg retrieval, as long as more than 15 eggs retrieved, we r diagnosed as OHSS. Mine was quite bad and my abdomen was so bloated. I lost 2 kg through passing urine overnight.

While waiting for Jan appt, u can tk tcm to nourish your womb. I did that after my failed fresh cycle in July. :) hugs to u too! Jiayou tgt! ^-^
Ahh I see.. Hope you don’t have to go through that again & this FET will give you a BFP!! Be strong & positive!

Thanks for the suggestion! I shall give it a try! Baby dust to you! ❤️

May I check if doc Jerry was assigned under subsidized??? How to know which doc they will assigned for ET?
After I got my referral letter from polyclinic, they will arrange the appointment for you in kkh and randomly assign you to a fertility dr. I was assigned to Dr Jerry under subsidised class then and he would be the one to do ET.

How are you already? Have you see Dr Sadhana and done your 2nd transfer? :)

Hi all! Is there a ivf chat for Kkh? ◡̈ I jus got my first consultation wi try Dr Jessie. Wanted to book for Dr Sadhana but her first available time slot is in June ……. so decided to go with Jessie

Hi all! Is there a ivf chat for Kkh? ◡̈ I jus got my first consultation wi try Dr Jessie. Wanted to book for Dr Sadhana but her first available time slot is in June ……. so decided to go with Jessie
Nah, I'm not in a ivf chat group. My fre sister's dr is also Dr Jessie and she is going for her 2nd ET on this Friday :)

Wah that's so long for Dr Sadhana appt..

My appt with Dr Jessie only available in July!! Haha and I went on 11 Feb. You're so lucky!

Congrats.. How do you did it?? You private patient??

Helloo! Sorry what did I do that you want to know how? Sorry blur but yes, I'm private patient with Dr Jessie. My schedules followed up appt was supposed to be early March, but because I've some pains I called in and they said there's no way for me to have appt earlier. Then they suggested me to just try my luck using the Health Buddy cos sometimes ppl cancelled. Tried few days, one night it works and I got my appt one month earlier and currently on my third IUI. July was her earliest availability foR IVF. Sorry for the confusion!

I've created telegram grp but more for ppl who's TTC. Not specifically for IVF only!! Haha

I cannot post link here so I attached ss.

Attachments

• D997EF9A-2444-4611-97C8-255506B8619A.jpeg
    D997EF9A-2444-4611-97C8-255506B8619A.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 144
Dr Liu is awesome. Very motherly and straightforward person. My prev IVF i had her as my gynae. Very positive person.
I agree! I actually switched to Dr Liu from Dr Phoon and no regrets. Liu has an eye for details and she really cares for her patients. Yes, very positive aura.

Back