IVF @ KKH in Sep

gee38

Am scheduled for IVF in Sep at KKH. Going for couselling on 27 July. I am a nervous wreck and hoping for everything to go alright. And is it absolutely necessary for hubby to attend as he may be out of town.

Am scheduled for IVF in Sep at KKH. Going for couselling on 27 July. I am a nervous wreck and hoping for everything to go alright. And is it absolutely necessary for hubby to attend as he may be out of town.
cycle buddy, I am also in Sep cycle. counselling scheduled on 11th, but think have to reschedule coz my hubby wont be around that time. Nurse told me presence of both is mandatory.

cycle buddy, I am also in Sep cycle. counselling scheduled on 11th, but think have to reschedule coz my hubby wont be around that time. Nurse told me presence of both is mandatory.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
Yes like what u said it is mandatory and am getting my hubby to attend as well. Take care and all the best for ur journey to motherhood! Lots of babydust to u!

Great! All the best to you too!
Btw, just to check if dr gave u any form for this scan? I went for my first consultation in july and dr only verbally told me to call for an appt for scan once my menses arrive. When menses came, i called but was told that since i do not have any form, no scan is sceduled for me.
Yesterday when i went for second consultation with dr on all the test report, i was told by the dr nurse that i am still short of a scan. So eventually i didnt manage to see dr at all, cuz have to pay consultation fee if i went into the room. I was again prescribed oral pill to induce menses. Once menses arrive, i have to call for an appt for scan. This time round i was given a form. Were u given any form?
Thanks.

I don't remember being given any form. Are u referring to the scan for the IVF itself? If yes, then no. You need to call for scan when menses arrives and they will ask u to come on day 2 or 3 of menses for scan.

Hi all, I'm super new to this forum. We have just decided to embark on ivf with thomson medical after 1.5yrs of trying, just did baseline scan today. Would love to be in a chat group to find similar cycle buddies to countdown with..

I'm also prescribed one mth supply of birth control pills to "rest my eggs" for this month before starting next mth. Is this a norm?

Thanks.

I don't remember being given any form. Are u referring to the scan for the IVF itself? If yes, then no. You need to call for scan when menses arrives and they will ask u to come on day 2 or 3 of menses for scan.
Oopss... i think we are not referring to the same scan. I haven start on any injection. Currently doing all the pre-IVF check. My scan is to check on the cervix to ensure i am in good condition to proceed for IVF, and the scan has got to be after menses but by the 10th day from 1st day of menses. Already scheduled 26th sept for the scan.

Hi all, I'm super new to this forum. We have just decided to embark on ivf with thomson medical after 1.5yrs of trying, just did baseline scan today. Would love to be in a chat group to find similar cycle buddies to countdown with..

I'm also prescribed one mth supply of birth control pills to "rest my eggs" for this month before starting next mth. Is this a norm?

Thanks.
I think you are in long protocol. for short one, seems no need to rest the eggs, after menses come, directly start stim injections....

I just did the transfer at day 4 on last sat . now patiently waiting .. Hopefully got good news . anyone did transfer at day 4 ?

I think you are in long protocol. for short one, seems no need to rest the eggs, after menses come, directly start stim injections....

Yes I believe so. Now I'm trying to eat very healthy. Have also gone for a few acupunctures to prepare for the ivf next month. I'm very dreading the injections already.. Really scared. Anybody starting ivf cycle next month as well?

Applejane: All the best to you and hope everything works well!

I have just attended mine last week. And started the treatment on 17 jul. go for the briefing as it gives u a clear picture of what procedure you are undergoing. Husband should make time to attend too. It’s important. Else check with nurse when is the next available date.

Back