IVF Jul 17

Hihi I am still waiting for my menses to come to do pre-ivf scanning and blood test. Supposed to do in may. But menses did not come from may and till now. That's why I pushed my second doctor's appointment to July 21.

Hi all... Im doing my Ivf this Thursday (13/7). Super rushed as I was supposed to be doing iui instead. However as I have a high number of big follicles, the dr recommend that I do my Ivf straight. I have no idea what I just signed up. Feeling scared and anxious at the same time....

I'm doing my retrieval this thursday morning too. All the best @bonduress! It's good that you have a lot of big follicles - they tend to yield matured eggs :) i've been worried that i don't have enough follicles and hoping the small ones catch up fast enough before the trigger.

Hello all! I just did my FET on 7 July. I had only one frostie left so put only one in.
Did it with Dr Yu in SGH.

Do you guys mind putting up pics of your beautiful blastocysts?

Now eagerly awaiting my results on 18 July. It's utter torment. Wish all of you all the best.

Hi all... Im doing my Ivf this Thursday (13/7). Super rushed as I was supposed to be doing iui instead. However as I have a high number of big follicles, the dr recommend that I do my Ivf straight. I have no idea what I just signed up. Feeling scared and anxious at the same time....
Don't be nervous. You will be too drugged to feel anything. Focus on the number of eggs that will be retrieved. To me, the ER was the hardest part of the IVF process. It was the most invasive. In comparison, the egg transfer was a breeze.

All the best to you!

Just did my ER and resting. Will be doing ET in july 2017 if everything is smooth

All the best! How many eggs are you thinking of putting in?
When I did my ET in Dec last year (it wasnt successful), I was scared of twins, so ended up putting one in.
In a way, I dont regret it at all, as I was very stressed out and my mind was all over the place. I feel that emotionally I am in a better place now. So thank God I kept the one last frostie.

I'm doing my retrieval this thursday morning too. All the best @bonduress! It's good that you have a lot of big follicles - they tend to yield matured eggs :) i've been worried that i don't have enough follicles and hoping the small ones catch up fast enough before the trigger.

Hi dear,

Remember it's not about quantity but quality!

d2848e4639c1b190bcce20aebd072705.jpg

These are my two babies inside me now...

Still no symptoms though ... 2dp5dt

They look absolutely perfect.

My doc says that mine were cavitating... but Ive been reading around and it doesnt look like what blastocysts should look like. Im just hoping for the best...
Blastocyst 2.jpg

Hello all! I just did my FET on 7 July. I had only one frostie left so put only one in.
Did it with Dr Yu in SGH.
are you with government co-funding or a private patient? Pls share how much is your IVF :)
I am considering Dr. Yu for my future IVF, she is my gynae.

Hi Alisha, I am doing it as a Private patient. But we still quality for the government funding.

In all, it cost us about $16701- including the lab work, ultrasounds and the fertility augmentation (embryologists' work).
This however, does not include the medication, which easily can come up to about 3K ( i believe if Im looking at my receipt correctly, it was about 2.9K) . This includes all the medication etc etc. But the nurses will advise you that you can claim so keep all the receipts.

The govt grant was $6300 ( it was our first try) plus we used both our medisaves and co-paid it (3K each).

In all, after all the grants and medisave, we paid $528.55 in cash. I hope this info helps!

Last edited:
What's cavitating?

I was told mine were "expanding"

It was still forming into a blastocyst.

Weirdly, the doctor gave me contradictory info.
In my first ivf procedure, my blastocyst was hatching. She told me it was good that it was hatching and it was perfect for implantation.

In the most recent procedure (the above blastocyst) she said it was cavitating and had not formed into a full blastocyst yet and that was perfect as she wouldnt want it to be hatching outside the body.

My husband and I were confused but left it at that.

marywana77,

thanks a lot for info!
i thought the government hospital is much cheaper than a private, I even thought it's about 11000 SGD , found in google, seem it was old prices.

@marywana77 do you have any symptoms so far?

Hi Divine, I have none except for a tugging/pull or knot in my left abdomen. Boobs are so very very slightly sore.

I have been hungry frequently but also dont feel like eating (hahah actually that's quite normal and not really a symptom)

Beyond these, I have no symptom at all!!!! But I am resolved not to do any HPT till the 18th July, which is when I report for my blood test.

YOU???

Why didn't you transfer some after your fresh cycle? You opt to freeze all?

I am not sure if this is the reason, but I heard that freezing is better as the blastocysts that survive tend to be hardy and your body is not pumped up with all these drugs (esp after egg retrieval).

I wonder if there is research done on the success rates between fresh vs frozen cycles.

Hi Divine, I have none except for a tugging/pull or knot in my left abdomen. Boobs are so very very slightly sore.

I have been hungry frequently but also dont feel like eating (hahah actually that's quite normal and not really a symptom)

Beyond these, I have no symptom at all!!!! But I am resolved not to do any HPT till the 18th July, which is when I report for my blood test.

YOU???

I am 4dp5dt today and have practically no symptoms... yesterday I had some sore boobs on and off but sore boobs could be due to the progesterone I am taking now (Duphaston). Trying hard not to symptom spot but failed haha

My blood test is on 21 July..

I am 4dp5dt today and have practically no symptoms... yesterday I had some sore boobs on and off but sore boobs could be due to the progesterone I am taking now (Duphaston). Trying hard not to symptom spot but failed haha

My blood test is on 21 July..

Yup, I believe that we tend to overthink it. And the irony is that pregnancy symptoms are really similar to AF coming. So it can be really confusing. Let's update each other day by day.

Below is a screenshot of something I read online. A day by day account of what is happening. So if you are 4dp5dt, this is what's happening!!
WhatsApp Image 2017-07-11 at 07.39.43.jpeg

Back