IVF Journey: HPV High Risk + Polyps

Salgoodies

Hello ladies, hope everyone is doing well.

I am 37yo (Sept 2019), husband 38yo. We have been married for 2 years with no success of getting pregnant. Finally decided to see a fertility clinic, one at overseas, Raffles Hospital Fertility Clinic, and KKH Assisted Reproduction Clinic D. All three clinics suggested IVF right away due to our ages and the period of trying to conceive (ttc).

Did ultrasounds and pre checks at Raffles. Being a private clinic, they recommended IVF treatment right away, but the cost quoted is max 20k (due to follicles, age etc)

Decided to get subsidized rates and co funding at KKH. Had to sit through the long wait at a polyclinic for the referral letter. While it is great that the Clinic D require a thorough check before referring us to KK IVF Clinic, being a public hospital, the tests appointments take forever.

Found out I am a carrier of Thalassemia blood trait. Husband is normal. Test took a month for results.

The pap smear and HBV test revealed i am a HBV high risk.

Next, I was scheduled for a HyPoSy to check tubes and uterus for polyps. Test was super painful..!! Found out I have a polyp.

Last test was a colposcopy which confirmed I have very mild pre cancer HPV cells.

I was initially upset that I had to jump through so many loops and waiting game before I can proceed with IVF. But now these tests shed a lot of light on my infertility.

Anyone else have gone through something similar? Since I am using the gov subsidy, will I not be able to choose my own IVF doctor later on?

Will the polyp removal be subsidized as well? Can we use Medisave?

I am so sad that i have HPV pre cancer cells on my cervix. Have to go every 6 months to check and monitor. However, the doctor at the Colposcopy Suites gave me the green light for IVF.

Hi,
Hope all is well on your side. I have abnormal pap smear results and will be doing a colposcopy in June. I am worried, anxious, sad esp after losing our baby in March.

Im sorry...not sure abour ur questions. Just want to give you support and hopefully ur IVF journey is a successful one.

Ally

Hi Aliah, I am so so sorry about your little angel I wish you the best of luck for your colposcopy and hope the results will be good. Take care my dear xoxo

Hello ladies, hope everyone is doing well.

I am 37yo (Sept 2019), husband 38yo. We have been married for 2 years with no success of getting pregnant. Finally decided to see a fertility clinic, one at overseas, Raffles Hospital Fertility Clinic, and KKH Assisted Reproduction Clinic D. All three clinics suggested IVF right away due to our ages and the period of trying to conceive (ttc).

Did ultrasounds and pre checks at Raffles. Being a private clinic, they recommended IVF treatment right away, but the cost quoted is max 20k (due to follicles, age etc)

Decided to get subsidized rates and co funding at KKH. Had to sit through the long wait at a polyclinic for the referral letter. While it is great that the Clinic D require a thorough check before referring us to KK IVF Clinic, being a public hospital, the tests appointments take forever.

Found out I am a carrier of Thalassemia blood trait. Husband is normal. Test took a month for results.

The pap smear and HBV test revealed i am a HBV high risk.

Next, I was scheduled for a HyPoSy to check tubes and uterus for polyps. Test was super painful..!! Found out I have a polyp.

Last test was a colposcopy which confirmed I have very mild pre cancer HPV cells.

I was initially upset that I had to jump through so many loops and waiting game before I can proceed with IVF. But now these tests shed a lot of light on my infertility.

Anyone else have gone through something similar? Since I am using the gov subsidy, will I not be able to choose my own IVF doctor later on?

Will the polyp removal be subsidized as well? Can we use Medisave?

I am so sad that i have HPV pre cancer cells on my cervix. Have to go every 6 months to check and monitor. However, the doctor at the Colposcopy Suites gave me the green light for IVF.

Hope u r well and good! When will u be doing ivf again ? I am starting in July if me and my husband blood tests are good to go! Had removed a polyp 3 weeks ago and now waiting for the ivf briefing in June. Due to Circuit Breaker I have enough time to switch to a doctor of my choice.

removed polyps 3 yrs ago bt still have many multiple fibriods...didnt remove as it is still small...failed 2 rounds of SO-IUI last year...went for IVF testing this yr...went to KKH under Dr Sadhana for IVF....realised 2 of my fibriods gew double of its size less than a yr n my ovaries is abnormal high...went bk to my own pte gynae for 2nd opinion and discovered i also had adenomyosis...will b doing for surgery later to remove tat 2 big fibroids n shift n sew dwn my ovaries...think i can only start end of the year

Hope u r well and good! When will u be doing ivf again ? I am starting in July if me and my husband blood tests are good to go! Had removed a polyp 3 weeks ago and now waiting for the ivf briefing in June. Due to Circuit Breaker I have enough time to switch to a doctor of my choice.
Hi dear, that is lovely news, wish you all the best on this journey! Xx

removed polyps 3 yrs ago bt still have many multiple fibriods...didnt remove as it is still small...failed 2 rounds of SO-IUI last year...went for IVF testing this yr...went to KKH under Dr Sadhana for IVF....realised 2 of my fibriods gew double of its size less than a yr n my ovaries is abnormal high...went bk to my own pte gynae for 2nd opinion and discovered i also had adenomyosis...will b doing for surgery later to remove tat 2 big fibroids n shift n sew dwn my ovaries...think i can only start end of the year
Hi dear, so sorry to hear about your situation, the fibroids will hinder implantation so that is most probably why your IUI failed.. I read extensively on this and while there are women who can get pregnant with polyps, fibroids unfortunately can grow big very fast.. I actually have a tiny one (less than 1mm) on the posterior uterine wall which they did not remove because they can barely see it.. My mom had multiple fibroids which grew so much over the years, it caused her belly to grow big and completely engulfed the entire uterus.. As she did not want any more children, she had her womb removed.. Sorry for the scare but sharing my personal experience.. Wish you the very best of luck on your upcoming surgeries. It's ok to start IVF much later, your body will need to heal.. Sending you love xxxx

Hi Salgoodies, I am also positive HPV, May I know how is your condition now? My smear was LSIL. Thanks...

Hi

I have positive HPV too but my smear normal so didn’t do colposcopy.

I read online LSIL is related to HPV? Might go alway on its own?

Hi

I have positive HPV too but my smear normal so didn’t do colposcopy.

I read online LSIL is related to HPV? Might go alway on its own?
Hi Risther, Good that your smear is normal. LSIL is Low grade. I don't know if it's going away on it's own, I am hoping so! What is your HPV? mine is HPV High risk. but I am negative for HPV Type 16 And 18. my smear always good all the time , only this time it is LSIL :( ( Very sad) I cried almost everyday, I am afraid of coming treatment if I need it.

Hi Risther, Good that your smear is normal. LSIL is Low grade. I don't know if it's going away on it's own, I am hoping so! What is your HPV? mine is HPV High risk. but I am negative for HPV Type 16 And 18. my smear always good all the time , only this time it is LSIL :( ( Very sad) I cried almost everyday, I am afraid of coming treatment if I need it.

I hope our immune system can fight it off. KK classified me as high risk in late 2019 for other strains beside 16/18. How many years you have this positive HPV already ? I just did the HPV test last week still not know of the result.

Don’t sad ok. Since have detected something must check early and prevent it to develop into cancer. I have friend who have abnormal cell also did not do much treatment except monitoring yearly.

Hi Risther, I just found out 5 days ago... so we are the same but your smear is normal. mine isn't. I saw someone posted her smear from Low-grade change to High grade in 12 months. I am so worried about it.
Plus I am still single. I am sad, as no man wanted to have a relationship with me, because HPV is spread easily, even with a condom.

Hi Risther, I just found out 5 days ago... so we are the same but your smear is normal. mine isn't. I saw someone posted her smear from Low-grade change to High grade in 12 months. I am so worried about it.
Plus I am still single. I am sad, as no man wanted to have a relationship with me, because HPV is spread easily, even with a condom.

HPV is common leh. The cells won’t so fast change one that why must check yearly for early detection. That person probably never check earlier that’s why could be changed to high grade so fast I’m not sure.

Just go for whatever checks is necessary cos low grade might change back to normal also. Probably is nothing also and you are scaring yourself. I think they will arrange for a colposcopy which is not painful so don worry too much first until the results are out.

Just an update the nurse told me over the phone my HPV test is normal so indeed it is cleared fm my system already.

May I know if u have any recommendations for remov of polyp and est charges? Thanks!

If you don't mind a male gynae, you can check out Dr Jen Shek Wei from the AMK area (private clinic). He was the one who helped my mom get rid of hers a few months ago. Not sure about the charges, I have to ask her, but I remember her talking about it and she said it was done through curettage (scraping). It's pretty routine i guess. Hope you're doing okay.

Back